Install Arc
Options

Trolling in Gambit & other content

13»

Comments

• Options
    couze#3673 couze Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Or how about this... RQs only pool players who queued in from RQ. If people want GOLD they can queue up for it w/o RQ AD reward. Another fix is give bronze finishers their AD. Let the other 3+ finish with no reinf. You want gold medal? Earn it. I hate wasting time . However, I love to see reflect phases with squishies begging for help :). I am stuck. Defeat me. AD!!!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I like the idea of where a player who selects to leave earns their AD and is pulled out of the instance and the other players have to manage without the player who voted to leave. This will maybe start to teach lower geared players who want a free ride to gold to vote to leave.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I vote leave and people that are low item level and not fighting vote stay... then I afk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Last night, I afk-ed after the first round, like a always do. My GF was paingiver by far at that point. At the end of the next round, another GF who was then paingiver by far tells the others to vote leave. The other three stayed. Then that GF went afk also. There was a third GF in the remaining three, so they were able to fight on for quite some time. Eventually they wiped. The skirmish lasted nearly 30 minutes. Still not bad because I got my AD. I didn't have to leave and RQ later for another skirmish and risk ending up with POM or ToDG.

My guess is those three scrubs queued for IG as a group hoping to get two well-geared players from RQ willing to do gold. But were too stubborn to leave when that plan failed.
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    RQ cannot mix with an omnipresent alt system
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    The thing about a "2 minute warning" in content is that it can easily be circumvented and essentially the time, effort and resources used to produce such a system, wasted.

Sure the laziest of the lazy AFK'ers will get swept up though those determined to do so would simply flick the control and or hit a power every once in a while to remain, bots will simply have actions programmed to remain as well.

As mentioned in another thread:

Repeat reports and VK's (vote-kicks) for the same offenses need to flag those accounts for investigation, what good is the report and VK system if nothing further comes from it other than a VK timeout for the initiator and possible removal from the group for the "offender" if the VK passes? If repeat "false reports" (trolling) is reasonably determined take negative action against the account(s) that filed the reports/VK's.

If CS can extensively investigate accounts of legitimate players and somehow take negative action against them SURELY the players that are ACTUALLY and CLEARLY doing wrong could easily be picked out and warranted action be taken against them. The current disciplinary measures are essentially heavy against positive players and very light against negative players.

The beauty of that suggestion is that the system is already in place, it just requires CS to take action...

If CS got on the ball (doesn't seem like they have) and took action against repeat offenders players that encounter negative players could report them and eventually their negative behavior will catch up to them and they would be unable to inhibit/effect the experience of positive players.

It is VERY important for CS of an MMO to investigate reports, if not, things like this will continue to happen. That doesn't mean that an automated system couldn't AID in handling the situation though it is known well enough how automated systems can punish the innocent and let the guilty walk free therefore simply taking advantage of the human element of CS would work wonders in handling negative players, the start has to be made somewhere.

The power negative players have derives from them receiving little to no punishment for their actions and also the counter-productive effects of positive players getting "punished" by doing something about it. For example, VK'ing incurs a 4 hour timeout to the initiator and reports seemingly go un-investigated, those two things can discourage positive players from taking a stand and can also encourage them to engage in the same negative behavior...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    I now leave vs. staying. No need to get into a fighting match in content. To many bad players expecting a carry. What I do now is after the first boss if the group wants to stay and it is clear that I am carrying them I will stand in the middle and die. Than I leave the Q at the door or I do defeat me than leave the Q.

I will now take the penalty; with 5 characters all above 13K IL, I have no issues running other content in the game.
  • Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I either run it with a few frds from my guild/alliance or I'll just solo it, considering you can solo gold in under 10 min anyways.

IMO, they should add separate ques for it and list it as Bronze, Silver, Gold. That way all the peps spaming it for quick AD can get their bronze and the peps that want a full run for chance at +4 and AD then all parties would be happy.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    Gambit is a unique skirmish and should be removed from the random Q.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2018

IMO, they should add separate ques for it and list it as Bronze, Silver, Gold. That way all the peps spaming it for quick AD can get their bronze and the peps that want a full run for chance at +4 and AD then all parties would be happy.

Actually, IG spams you, the RQ player, for AD. If IG comes up in your RQ, it is because someone direct queued for it. These people want gold. The only reason to direct queue for bronze is for the fleece. Doubt anyone is doing that now since there are better weapon sets that are easier to get than doing 35 bronze runs.

I want IG out of RQ also. But this will be really bad for the lowbies since this also cuts off the well-geared players who are willing to solo carry them to gold. They will have to work hard, like 25+ minute gold runs with fellow lowbies after a long queue wait.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Yes, let us skew the votes towards the DPS characters so that the actual tanks' and healers' votes count for nothing. Great idea...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they change the +4 bound to account, or at least let us trade/dismantle what we got for what we need. Over 300 fleece here already, got fierce belt +4 x3, a lot of bolds and heroics +4 but not a single sword knot.
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User

I have said repeatedly that I will not carry other players through content (and Cryptic/devs can go HAMSTER themselves if they think they can "force" me to carry the scummy players that they are failing to do anything about).

Since this topic is about IG, I was in IG a few days ago with my 43rd level cleric alt and at the end saw the damage done table to see that myself and one other player had done most of the damage and the other three players combined did...17k damage. Two had zero damage, one had 17k damage done, all three of these players got similar rewards to two players who, in essence, did all the work for them. Best part of course is that the two people who did the damage voted to leave while the other three voted to stay...

I do have a point here! Change the voting so that instead of one vote per person it is one vote per point of damage done by the player. It wont fix everything but at least if you are stuck with freeloaders they cant 'hold you hostage' or 'force' you to do content for them.

You keep complaining about having to "carry" players with junk gear. You seem to forget that some of those players are actually either 1-new to the game completely or 2-just trying to level up in a 'level appropriate' dungeon for gear and AD to buy better gear.

If you are so against PUGs, why do them? You seem to think that everyone in the group falls under one of 2 categories.... either they're lazy and want someone to do the work for them or they're like you and just want to zip through content for the end boss and the AD (btw, you do realize that you get extra AD when there's a new player in your group as an added incentive to help, right?)

Personally I can't stand doing IG, (mainly because my DPS classees seem to carry the load and my tanks seem to be mainly there for their buffs) but I still do it when it comes up because it gives me a chance to see what my toon can and can't do in group settings for later/bigger runs.

You don't like the way it's set up, then don't participate at all. Joining a group and then just sitting around instead of dropping out or not joining at all is a passive-aggressive tactic that won't work for anyone in the end.
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User

5) I am completely in favour of grouping players of similar "ability" with each other. Start grouping the low item levels together and see if any of them improve. Same with levels, grouping levels together would be good.

On this I have to say I partly agree. I wouldn't mind a subset of the random queue specifying you want a group within 3-8 levels of you.

For the rest, I'll just say I see a different point of view on how to play the game than you do. Personally I've yet to run a dungeon with the types of freeloaders you seem to run into. Generally the only issues I ever have are with the speedsters (SWs, TRs & GWFs) who find out my GF or HR can out DPS them and then rush through everything trying to out rank me on the killboard. I've only ever run into 1 idjit player, and that was in the dwarven throne room skirmish and we all voted to boot them after the first wave. Other than that, most players I've met in these PUGs just want to get through the dungeon, but also want to learn the mechanics of their class and how best to use them in a group. Where else are they gonna learn that? Especially if they're new and still without a guild to help them out?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

5) I am completely in favour of grouping players of similar "ability" with each other. Start grouping the low item levels together and see if any of them improve. Same with levels, grouping levels together would be good.

On this I have to say I partly agree. I wouldn't mind a subset of the random queue specifying you want a group within 3-8 levels of you.

For the rest, I'll just say I see a different point of view on how to play the game than you do. Personally I've yet to run a dungeon with the types of freeloaders you seem to run into. Generally the only issues I ever have are with the speedsters (SWs, TRs & GWFs) who find out my GF or HR can out DPS them and then rush through everything trying to out rank me on the killboard. I've only ever run into 1 idjit player, and that was in the dwarven throne room skirmish and we all voted to boot them after the first wave. Other than that, most players I've met in these PUGs just want to get through the dungeon, but also want to learn the mechanics of their class and how best to use them in a group. Where else are they gonna learn that? Especially if they're new and still without a guild to help them out?
    Wow, you seem to be really lucky. When I bothered to ask fellow players, to change anything concerning their reaction ranked from, ignoring them to verbal abuse. Twice or maybe 3 times in well above 4 years a player asked for advice.

A bit of logic for all these players claiming, that 300k IL lvl 70 players in RQ are new players. If you really play the game, you cant reach lvl 70 with 300 IL. Just the quest rewards prevent it and I would be surprised, if the leveling content got that easy, that you can play at lvl 70 with 300 IL and survive. Furthermore, inspect these players. Many of them have free account wide companions, artifacts etc. This indicates, that they bought packages for a main and use the free companion etc for their alt.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.