What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omu trophies low drop rate?

13»

Comments

• Options
    shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    So my son had an idea of getting 25 hunt lure for all the one star Omu hunts. He started farming and I joined in when I could. I have to say that it appears that RNG varies from mob to mob.

For example, I think the Red Recluse Venom is the toughest. Even getting one to spawn takes forever. Mind Whisperers spawn at a rate of 10 to 1 during our 3 hour farming stint. The Chipped Kriss dropped much more often as well.

Plagued Paws were another tough one. Spawns of the Rotting Sun Bear seems to be about in the middle between the Recluse and the Whisperer.

Last night we finished up with 37 hunts. I had 3 Kriss drop one after the other. Had to trade one to get the Venom as my son had whacked 30 or 40 Recluses with zero drop.

Wisps just seem to drop the Jar on a regular basis. One of the best drop rates I think.

All of that is anecdotal and my observations so take them for what it's worth.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    After hours of farming trophies the past few days, I acquired and used 5 lures tonight. One Gigantopithecus, two Polaris, and two Hedetet (soshenstar). I got one +4 ring that I have no interest in from Polaris, and +1 rings from the other four. Not one trophy. And not one armor piece. You got to be chitting me. To get only a +1 ring after all that farming is an insult. I've just about had it with hunts.

And to add insult to injury, I finally got enough treasures to get the pioneer set, and it cost me nearly 60 pres wards to make them legendary. 10% ? more like 3%

I've just about had it with this mod. It has come down to a choice between the impossible push-pull mechanic in CoDG without elite group and boatload of scrolls, or suffer the multi-layers of broken RNG. No one wants a 13K in their elite group, so I can only do hunts. And once I completely lose faith in the RNG, it will be get the boons and wait for the next mod mode, again.