What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.95.20180306e.2

2»

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I was surprised that they let the RAD gravy train go on for so long (I got 15 last week) but it would be nice if the other rewards were worth having. The constant overflow notices weren't so bad when it meant there might be an actual reward attached.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,251 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    greywynd said:

tilrod2 said:

this is not really a nerf. you get the same ads for the same amount of overflow xp like before mod 13. the devs had to reduce the ad drop chance, otherwise the amount of ad in game will raise furthermore. this would increase the prices in the ah too.
    you should be happy with the short duration of good ad rewards.

The true cap on AD entering the economy is the daily refinement limit. Not the amount of rAD was can get.
    Yes and no. Yes, it is cap by daily refinement limit per character per day. However, for a leadership toon, it was not able to reach the daily limit before mod 13. After mod 13 and before this patch, they could. To give you an example, I have 6 leadership alt that do not do any "adventure". Their XP reward were cleared out at the last 2xEnchant (the usual time I do that). Since this patch announcement, I cash them out before my "schedule". With the AD bonus, the following are what they get: 225K, 225K, 180K, 135K, 90K, 45K. These rAD will be 'digested' in a week.

For the regular play toon (I have 6), it will be a while because one of them got 505K and most of that 505K do not even have AD bonus (I usually don't claim it unless it has enough AD bonus to cover it).

I knew this can't last long.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Also for all the folks getting a lot of AD all the time from overflow xp , maybe its not a drop rate issue at all. but a specific classes or background luck that is given by perfect world for spending a lot of money for Zen. I would not put it past a company , having favoritism built in. which should never be in a game. not that we could ever find out anyway. Also it is true that creating AD from Rough, being that it is capped at a low amount should not effect AH. Punishment of average players, because of ad farmers is not the answer. Oh and if a average player bought and paid for slots and leveled characters to 70 and continues to level them up through prayer. Its his or hers fair gain of AD. Either way its still Rough and has to be changed over.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    zakienwar said:

Also for all the folks getting a lot of AD all the time from overflow xp , maybe its not a drop rate issue at all. but a specific classes or background luck that is given by perfect world for spending a lot of money for Zen. I would not put it past a company , having favoritism built in. which should never be in a game. not that we could ever find out anyway. Also it is true that creating AD from Rough, being that it is capped at a low amount should not effect AH. Punishment of average players, because of ad farmers is not the answer. Oh and if a average player bought and paid for slots and leveled characters to 70 and continues to level them up through prayer. Its his or hers fair gain of AD. Either way its still Rough and has to be changed over.

I know it is not about spending a lot of money because I do not. If I can get 80 XP rewards for just one character since mod 13, I have to be able to land some AD rewards when I ran all 80 in one shot. In this case for that toon, over half a million AD. Most people take the reward as soon as they obtain it. Well, in my opinion, the chance of "good luck" that way is low.

This game is not about how much absolute AD you have. It is about how much AD production ability you have comparing with others.
    If you are 10 times over the average, you are in good position. If you are 1/10 of the average, you are not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Guess it was too good to last, to be able to earn you AD by grinding mod 13. Back to RQ for AD.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited March 2018

All stick and no carrot. What about Fane of The Night Serpent not giving rewards after the initial quest? What about Allosaur Fang Drop rates? What about bugs in Cradle that prevent players from having a chance to legitimately complete the content (high latency to the server, companions disappearing randomly, Pull/push not interacting with every class the same way, etc)? I get that it is important to fix exploiting bugs, but it's just as important to ensure that players feel that the content is rewarding, and achievable. After the last few lighter patches this patch feels like it isn't addressing player concerns. No offense, while this is one of the most visually appealing mods; from a content perspective there isn't enough to keep veteran players active, and one of the few pieces of gear (ring from fane) isn't even grind-able in the current state. This means fewer veteran players (some of the biggest real world money spenders in game) are online helping newer players through difficult content, as the reward potential is not there... Veteran players could do cradle once per week for the next 7 weeks, and then stop playing until the new mod comes out, if they return at all.

Attention! There have been multiple reports of dissatisfaction with many aspects of the game. The devs have decided to implement the following changes to improve the player experience: All players will have to pass a skill check every 15 mins ingame. Players that pass the skill check will receive 100 rough Ad. Player that fail the skill check will be beaten with a carrot on a stick. Beating will continue until morale improves! That is all!

• Options
    @eyedrops#2493 I am curious if you disagree that I was surprised that it went on for so long or if you disagree that the other rewards are bad? Please let us know.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    It doesn't matter if you have 1mil rAD backlog on your character. You are still only bringing at most 36k AD into the economy daily.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

It doesn't matter if you have 1mil rAD backlog on your character. You are still only bringing at most 36k AD into the economy daily.

For me, it was 36K AD for the whole account per day. With the backlog, I am getting 36K AD x 12 character (432K AD) per day (until their backlog is gone).
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm not sure why they didn't just fix the XP for leadership, stronghold tasks etc. If they put that in line to what it was previously then it the AD wouldn't have to be reduced. Now, it is one less way of generating AD. I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that next, give one thing, take two away.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options

For me, it was 36K AD for the whole account per day. With the backlog, I am getting 36K AD x 12 character (432K AD) per day (until their backlog is gone).

And you keep going to "per account" while I only ever bring in "per character". If the number of characters per account was an issue, then the company would put a serious cap on it. Except that selling character slots makes money.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I'm sometimes noticing the game client crash it seems to have only started since March 22nd patch. The only other thing I've done is reinstalled Discord; but discord certainly isn't crashing.

At least I see the game client is verifying file again. But it's checked everything twice now and everything seems fine. This seems different than the cause previously (NVidia graphic's related) till it was fixed back in October. This seems to however only occur once a day not so far but still hope they identify and find a fix soon.
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @greywynd nope you are wrong. I have friends that have between 10-52 toons. They now spread all the salvage to all the other toons. So far they had like 6 toons getting 36K AD into the game every day, now thay have 12 toons doing it. It does create a toon more AD in game.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    No. You are wrong. Because it is still a "per character" cap. The company knows how many active accounts there are, and it would be pretty stupid if they weren't aware of how active each character in an account is and to what use they are put.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    greywynd said:

No. You are wrong. Because it is still a "per character" cap. The company knows how many active accounts there are, and it would be pretty stupid if they weren't aware of how active each character in an account is and to what use they are put.

I didn't reach my AD cap without the overflow XP rewards. In order to do so prior to the XP change, then I would have had to spend more time in-game playing the character or refining gear that I won by playing.

So for me, personally, the AD obtained from the XP overflow did increase my net AD income.

They should have just fixed the XP obtained across the board, rather than patch it up by nerfing the overflow AD rate, in my opinion.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Quite frankly, I don't see this as a significant issue. In the past I would get the 30K reward every now and then. When the XP curve was reworked so I got maybe 2-3 "level-ups" per day, I would get the 30K bonus much more frequently. Then the chance for that was reduced, so now I am pretty much back where I started.

No big deal.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    It isn't a huge issue in that regard, but I find the Overflow UI to be annoying and a bit too 'dramatic.' If they keep the current rate that we get them, for instance turning in six patrols yields 2 overflows, then it would be nice if we got something better than the tomes. At least it does seem that they fixed the power points from going over the cap. I have 2 characters there now and neither has gotten any more in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    greywynd said:

Yes, it is a "per character" cap. That is why there are more AD created between mod 13 and the patch.
    I don't even do RQ these days. My rAD earning are more or less from the weekly AD quest of 6 characters.
    I play 6 characters and have another 6 do invocation/leadership only.
    Between mod 13 and the patch, these 12 characters gave me 3 million rAD from XP reward. I opened them all in the Wednesday night before the nerf patch. I don't open them when I receive them.
    Before mod 13, they at most would give me 300K rAD from XP reward for the same period of time.

Do I get more AD per day before the patch? Yes because I usually have ~0 or at least no where near the daily cap for any of these 12 characters.

Once I noticed they dropped the XP from 1.7 million to 100K, I knew they would have to do something.
    Hence, I started to record how many XP rewards I get everyday and I am still recording.
    These 12 characters give me 20 to 39 XP rewards (for the whole account) per day since mod 13 and I was not even trying.
  • Options
    Just to add a bit of info to this discussion, between M13 launch and today, ZAX Backlog increased 80% (iirc then 5m to 9m today)
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    zakienwar said:

its wasnt class specific, moticed that on my 2 most played char thge got 3x30k rad/each from overflow reward in a single day, this was fixed like patch notes did or they could have made the xp cap to 500k instead of 100k, i noticed its so easily to overflow and get rewards, but did they remove the power points given a limit, to max cap for all powers? @nitocris83 , @pishade backlog is like this because protector jubilee is coming including nw anniversary.
  • Options
    you can still make tons of ad, you just have to manage the key making for vt/nedemo/tuern/cn/tong/folly and farm the hell of the 2xseal/2xrp drops events, youn now also can farm all type of stuff that give you guild marks , buy the new resource map get the 2xreward boon for those resource maps(mod13 mw ingrredients) and farm it, sell in ah, so far on first week of mod 13 this gave me around 3mil ad on sales, and mail stuff to alts and cap all chars ad, then use zen exchange to send all ad to the char you want.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

you can still make tons of ad, you just have to manage the key making for vt/nedemo/tuern/cn/tong/folly and farm the hell of the 2xseal/2xrp drops events, youn now also can farm all type of stuff that give you guild marks , buy the new resource map get the 2xreward boon for those resource maps(mod13 mw ingrredients) and farm it, sell in ah, so far on first week of mod 13 this gave me around 3mil ad on sales, and mail stuff to alts and cap all chars ad, then use zen exchange to send all ad to the char you want.

What you described is not new for mod 13. You can do that before mod 13 (except the stuff from omu). That needs some effort.

What we were talking about was the extra windfall from XP reward created by mod 13 (and stopped by the patch). This does not need much effort.
  • Options

arcanjo86 said:

What you described is not new for mod 13. You can do that before mod 13 (except the stuff from omu). That needs some effort.

What we were talking about was the extra windfall from XP reward created by mod 13 (and stopped by the patch). This does not need much effort.
    that was no windfall at all, it was balance to same level it was before mod 13, they will never give you free 30k rad from overflow that easy.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

arcanjo86 said:

that was no windfall at all, it was balance to same level it was before mod 13, they will never give you free 30k rad from overflow that easy.
    It was "easy" for me before mod 13. It was super easy for me after mod 13 and before the nerf. Now, after the nerf, I don't know. I will know when 2xEnchant comes again (the time I open XP rewards).
    By the way, it is 45K rAD if you include AD bonus.