test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CLASS Power/FEATS for your Paragon: that NEED enhancement!

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Often it seems many Paragon's or Class of fighters have at least 1 if not at least 2 some even perhaps 3 completely hopeless Class Powers. The two classes I know that have some of the Worse are Hunter's, Wizard's & Warlocks... still Palladin's and others out there exist.

Hunter Ranger : Class Powers using Gold coloring.

▪ Independant--Crushing Roots: 0.125s DAZE per level (0.5 sec max) for weak roots, or 0.25s per level (1 sec) for strong.
╘ For crushing roots there's not even a damage bonus for Weak or Strong Grasping Roots mechanic when used?
♠ Plant Growth roots: yet doesn't use Grasping Root mechanic to extend FEAT root timers--so no damage gain for it either.
▪ Pathfinder--Battlehoned: +100 regeneration for 4s per level (+400 max / 16s max)
╘ Change to 5% BUFF per level feature out to 20% max of existing regeneration buff.
♠ Then if you had 2000 it may still only give +400 but at least it will scale as you assign BOONS/Enchantments.
▪ Pathfinder--Cruel Recovery: gain 1% of your max HP for 4s out to max of 16s?
╘ Honestly how long is 1% going to last, not even 1s--should change to 2.5%/5% HP minimum & 4s per level.

If I look at a Hunter Ranger for her are three obvious ones but likely at least 1 other as well. I suspect Warlocks have some poor Class powers in addition to Wizard's and Hunter Ranger's. There's at least one Rogue, one Guardian, and one Paladin class power that could use some BUFFS as well.

Stormwarden-Class powers mostly respectable.

NOTE: Related issue with HR (2) Root types Weak/Strong - The base Grasping Root power is supposed to root 1 sec for Weak or 2 sec for Strong Roots. Yet even if you have Trapper "Ancient Roots" supposed to extend Weak Roots by 2.5s (max) or 3.5 sec in total or Strong Grasping Roots by 5s (max) or 7 sec total; yet your lucky if when applied to NPC's this last 25-50% as long as it claims.

Control Wizard : Class Powers

▪ Paragon Independent--Arcane Presence: Why buff Cold, extend Arcane Stack Damage 0.5-0.75 per Rank.
╘ Extend Arcane Stacks from 3% out to 5-6% per stack then people might use it.
▪ Paragon Independent--Arcane Power Field: could add 1 stack of Arcane every other Level (2 Stacks max) when DoT expires?
▪ Paragon Independent--Frost Wave: Simply Immobilizes players for up to 4s (8s if facing away) that's it?
╘ Move the Cold Based Damage gains from Arcane Presence to increase Cold Damage here.

IDENTIFY CLASS : using Gold in heading.

Then bullet ( ▪ ) Paragon-- FEAT: Details expanded alongside.

There are several other under performing Class powers or FEATS I've not even listed. I could have provided a comprehensive list of my own to start with but then it wouldn't be collected feedback from many others within the community.

@nitocris83
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    you forgot about frost wave on the cw lol
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    While on the subject of fixing powers, in general, if a power does not have a specific benefit for targeting a companion or party member, it shouldn't. Relentless Avenger is good for this one. "*Target ally* is not a valid target for Relentless Avenger"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    kalina311 said:

you forgot about frost wave on the cw lol

Well I certainly wouldn't consider Frost Wave anything special by any stretch. So I've added it above - and will append more & more as others suggest them and they seem like viable ones that could use some enhancement. I'll also try to suggest a possible viable option Cryptic may want to consider - but I'd just be happy if they actually improved some of the ones we identify as worthless.

Your point about Frost Wave is actually a sad note for many classes at 60/65 cause most only offer a small buff when using a Daily and often many do see enough benefits from them to even consider.
    greywynd said:

While on the subject of fixing powers, in general, if a power does not have a specific benefit for targeting a companion or party member, it shouldn't. Relentless Avenger is good for this one. "*Target ally* is not a valid target for Relentless Avenger"

As for your comment above it sounds like a issue, I've never really noticed it, perhaps auto targeting in settings helps correct? Still it be nice if you'd clearly identify the Class (Paladin) and the type of Power (Encounter) your referring to. I had hoped to focus more on CLASS powers (Yellow) or Class specific FEATS; not Red (Encounter) or Green (At-Wils) but I don't mind opening up the discussion even further. :)

▪ Aura of Solitute for Paladin: Comes to Mind - won't PROC if companion is within 30' either - exception: an Augment.

Still that likely works as intended : yet it's mostly worthless because most use Strikers, Leaders, Controllers, Defender's, than they are likely to use an Augment. Still you'd think this would not be removed regardless of your companion only when you got a Buff / Aura from another play in the zone or while in a party / queue group you'd be excluded.

Still I've only listed a few powers Starting with Hunter Ranger, then Wizard now given one example as a Paladin -- yet there are many other CLASS powers that could be likely added. Does anybody else have other suggestions?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Sooth for both paragons of DC is more or less useless. Do you really care that your healing spells generate less threat, when more or less DC healing is not needed. And if you are running solo you do not want less threat.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    If the DC generates less threat it makes their companion the primary target. Which can be a good thing for the DC.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    greywynd said:

If the DC generates less threat it makes their companion the primary target. Which can be a good thing for the DC.

I won't disagree with this comment either. Yet a little Less threat for an Anointed Champion could be useful when focused on healing a party / queue group so they can keep people in the fight longer. So I see both sides... I'm not saying Sooth can't be useful depending on the situation - but seems there might be room to change / adapt it a bit?

Cleric's are just mostly lucky (possibly related to be overlooked for so long) they really don't have very many worthless Class Powers regardless what Paragon they are. There one of the few classes I could safely say that about. :)
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Control Wizards urgent need a use to Imprisonment (dont work), Arcane Power Field (dont work), Swath of Destruction (Master of Flames, poor buff), Orb of Imposition (dont work), Arcane Singularity (remove nerf or change de power mechanic), Battlewise (dont work), Focused Wizardy (change de feat mechanic), Transcended Master (change de feat mechanic), all Renegate Feat Tree (it is useless).

And we need more CONTROL, we are CONTROL Wizard not "Sub-DPS Wizard".
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Control Wizards urgent need a use to Imprisonment (dont work), Arcane Power Field (dont work), Swath of Destruction (Master of Flames, poor buff), Orb of Imposition (dont work), Arcane Singularity (remove nerf or change de power mechanic), Battlewise (dont work), Focused Wizardy (change de feat mechanic), Transcended Master (change de feat mechanic), all Renegate Feat Tree (it is useless).

And we need more CONTROL, we are CONTROL Wizard not "Sub-DPS Wizard".

Yes I certainly agree with many things you've said above. The following are however FEAT's so it be good to explain in a little more details what you notice with each.

▪ Focused Wizardry (It works - just doesn't quite BUFF as claimed)
    ▪ Transcended Master (It's always good if people explain why they identify something)

I started this thread hoping many others would post and start a discussion so I could collect / review many powers then hopefully get them to someone at Cryptic. Still I wanted to FOCUS mostly on mostly worthless class powers & I'll try to add them to the first post above; but their are like many FEATS in different Classes of Fighters that are extremely poor as well.

--
    PS: I've suggested new Overload's that offer BUFFS rarely seen in Enchantments / Runestones possibly even another tier that is reinforced with Mithral or Adamantine--that don't disappear when timer expires and can be recharged with Campaign Currency like Black Ice. Some new Overloads &/or Runestones that offer BUFFS rarely seen in most Enchantments be great idea unless they add a few new Enchantments.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    While SW is not my class, I wonder why a class that is designed around slow, big hits is given a kit that revolves around spamming.

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Oathbound Paladin's Relentless Avenger on a target ally can still build AP so I wouldn't say its entirely worthless. Very annoying and rude perhaps, but not worthless. As the OP had asked for class powers like Auras, I can think of two right off hand:

Aura of Solitude - (Protection/Devotion) already listed, Let it work with a non-augment companion otherwise it makes little sense to slot it.

Aura of Restoration - (Oath of Devotion) You and allies within 30' of you gain 10% increased healing from spells. At endgame, not useful. Before endgame, Healadins overheal already. There is also divine attunement, Divine Wisdom, Divine call, Gifts of Light, even the oath of devotion mechanic which all boost healing making Aura of Restoration unnecessary. Would probably slot it if the power be made similar to a DC's Holy Fervor but one quarter as effective but party wide.

My two coppers.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yea Aura of Restoration should like help Devotions Paladin's recovery their own Hitpoints every few seconds depending their level of the skill. Perhaps at Rank 1 it recovers 5% of Hitpoints every 10 seconds, then extends it by 5% per level out to 20% of HP recovery every 10 seconds or so.

Aura of Solitude is the other one I'd like to see changed for Pally's mostly so when their in campaign area's even if they have a Striker, Leader, Controller or Defender companion they can gain the boost of Damage. Today it only works with Augments exclusively.

Each class has at least 1 if not 2, possibly even 3, that people avoid like the Plague... I originally posted about Wizard's & HR using a few examples I've shown again below.

▪ Paragon Independent--Arcane Presence: Why buff Cold, extend Arcane Stack Damage 0.5-0.75 per Rank.
    ╘ Extend Arcane Stacks from 3% out to 5-6% per stack then people might use it.
    ▪ Paragon Independent--Arcane Power Field: could add 1 stack Arcane every other Level (2 max) when DoT expires?
    ▪ Paragon Independent--Frost Wave: Simply Immobilizes players for up to 4s (8s if facing away) that's it?
    ╘ Move the Cold Based Damage gains from Arcane Presence to increase Cold Damage here.

If I look at a Hunter Ranger for her are three obvious ones but likely at least 1 other as well. I suspect Warlocks have some poor Class powers in addition to Wizard's and Hunter Ranger's. There's at least one Rogue, one Guardian, and one Paladin class power that could use some BUFFS as well.

▪ Pathfinder--Battlehoned: +100 regeneration for 4s per level (+400 max / 16s max)
    ╘ Change to 5% BUFF per level feature out to 20% max of existing regeneration buff.
    ♠ Then if you had 2000 it may still only give +400 but at least it will scale as you assign BOONS/Enchantments.
    ▪ Independant--Crushing Roots: 0.125s DAZE per level (0.5 sec max) for weak roots, or 0.25s per level (1 sec) for strong.
    ╘ For crushing roots there's not even a damage bonus that using Weak or Strong Grasping Roots mechanic?
    ♠ Plant Growth roots: yet doesn't use Grasping Root mechanic to extend FEAT root timers--no damage gain for it.
    ▪ Pathfinder--Cruel Recovery: gain 1% of your max HP for 4s out to max of 16s?
    ╘ Honestly how long is 1% going to last, not even 1s--should change to 2.5%/5% HP minimum & 4s per level.

But I'd honestly LOVE to see others continue to list & talk about how they'd like to see some poor Class powers improved upon...
  • Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    thou i do agree with most of it, the arcane pressence part, well i dont think we aint using this because of the damage, its the fact the class feature is just lame and makes no sense, how can it be called arcane presence and affect ur cold powers only? what? i would like the devs to explain this to me
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?