test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Masterwork Professions Vol. IV & V

Comments

• lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Guys, whining about the cost of masterworks is nonsense. They MUST be hard to achieve they are MASTERworks not COMMONworks.

@tiberiusrex#6660 buddy, really, you joined just 12 days ago and you pretend to be a mastercrafter? Come on... And those numbers are not even close to reality. You need to invest, that's true, but with 20 millions you can unlock all lvl III profession recipes, and it can be drastically reduced if you farm resources by your own. Lvl IV and V require about another 10 millions of stuff, but, again, that's relative, if you farm, the cost can be reduced to 0. Yes, 0, unless you speed up tasks with diamonds.

The point (and the beauty) of the system is that you need math, logistics and foresight to be a mastercrafter.

+1000 to @liambradshaw#2102 NO TO CASUAL MASTERCRAFTERS

elitism much? I've been playing never winter since 2015 but have only been on pc since this summer. From what I've heard the new ranks are not 10 mil. they are 40 to 50 mil. (at least that's what I've been told) the old ranks don't make much money now so making back the money you've spent isn't really going to happen. when it's 10 mil a level and then you stop and make money.. then when the next round comes along you are set. but if you're just trying to get it going as a new comer to the game you're way behind with no catch up mode. it takes ad to make ad. and that's fine.. but there is no path for people who want to get started on it. (if the new ranks are really 40 to 50 million each) because the old recipes are obsolete. there are no regular recipes that can generate decent income to help you get there.
    Short version: with 40 to 50 mil you can get to lvl V recipes and buy a couple of legendary packs

Long version: Who said 40 to 50 mil was terribly wrong. I spent 20 millions when I started and in those days forgehammer cost about 7-8 millions. Now it's only 2-4 mil. Buying resources, if you never have farmed them by yourself, for ALL profession will cost you around 5 to 10 millions (based on luck when crafting) but no more. And you're already at lvl 3 recipes. Now lvl 4, ofc, are more expensive in in terms of VALUE, not cost. A fartouched orb may cost you absolutely nothing if you, in this one and a half month, will farm MSP and Hati, same thing for all other pieces for all other professions. I'm not considering If your problem is the time or the will to farm because in that case it will make you a casual crafter and as said masterworks are not for casuals. But even buying everything, hammer included, will cost you around 20/25 millions to get to lvl V. And consider they said they will reduce requirements about residdums and manticore stuff, lowering costs even more. I can't imagine what mess did who told you 40-50 mil.

As I said masterworks are a matter of math, logistics and foresight.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I took a forge hammer drop from the summer event and about 250,000 guild marks to do all 3 levels of all of the current Master-crafting professions. I did buy a few pieces of the blue gear that needed to be turned in for about 120K per piece and yes, guild marks in that quantity cost me some AD but they were resources we needed in the coffer anyway. I found the current system to be very reasonable if done in the right order, a puzzle of sorts and I make a little AD in the wake of the completion.

I don't have a PC account, but would love to see some of the tasks and requirements, does anyone have some of these they can post somewhere?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    AH prices are not driven by the cost of getting MW it is driven by supply & demand and the cost it takes to either farm mats or the cost to buy them from the AH. If Fartouch is worth 1M then prices that take that item will be high eg: Pactblade +3M if the price of mats drop like we have seen on PS4 recently then Weapon and Gear prices will follow.
    The cost to get the recipes should be kept high as it would allow everybody to achieve and then it wouldn't be MASTERworks and you would just end up with another range of Chult weapons on the market that anybody can make.
    Mastercrafters provide a service to the community they provide valuable AD to farmers and provide a quality product to the wider game.
    IMO people are way to eager to hit endgame, have a character that is max gear score which then makes the game easy, they then get board with the content and then quit. Then again they could always start playing NW on xbox move to the PS4 and then start their journey all over again on the pc and then complain about how expensive endgame crafting is to achieve ;)
    Anyway nice to see you again Tibs :)
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It has been disheartening for myself and the players I know that Masterwork only pays off when you carry out specific steps, such as playing certain content (MSP/FBI for the current set) or being the very first to complete the recipes before prices tank. I would like a more stable economy where the investment is still high but does not then disappear.

I track my MW expenditures and profits very carefully, and overall it has not been very impressive. The biggest problem is that if you don't jump on it immediately, the prices tank for the old recipes. Gear is just changing constantly. When the crafting process relies on content you may not be doing, and the AH prices for crafting ingredients is high, then the items aren't profitable to craft. Most MW III artifacts, if you buy ingredients on the AH and craft the items to then sell on the AH, will be a loss. Even when it isn't, it takes weeks to sell an item and the profit is not as good as other crafting options to make AD.

I haven't looked at whether the ingredients for IV and V are tied to a specific Dungeon or two, but to me that would be a deal-breaker.

I would like the recipes to hold value longer. Every time new mods come out, the value of most previous recipes tanks, if not disappears completely. It would be great if the recipes created relatively evergreen items, so that value would remain. For example, if the recipes created consumable boosts or enchantments or refining stones, that would be more likely to retain value than a weapon set that people won't be using one mod later.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I can't turn in the quest "Making a Spectacle of Yourself (Artificing)"

I crafted the required item, but I can't turn in the quest.
    Then I crafted the item again, nothing changed.

• cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    My guild affiliation did not follow to the preview server- how do I get around this to get the quests for masterworks?
  • fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    How to get the fifth level alchemy?

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    greyjay1 said:

I ended up e-mailing myself the items to trigger the quest and enable the npc

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

how do we unlock new recipes? Got the tool with credits crafted orange thing for npc but cant give it to him the guy near salvage trader so cant unlock recipes. Is something wrong with last step of quests or am I missing something?
    prntscr.com/i0mm6c

We tried pulling your character from preview and it looks like you were able to finish the quest? What did you end up having to do to resolve your issue?

Our QA team couldn't reproduce the issue.

greyjay1 said:

Thanks for the report! My guess is something is breaking with the mission acknowledging that the item has entered your inventory when you've completed the profession task. Another possible workaround in the meantime may be moving the item around in your inventory or zoning out and back into the port. We'll be investigating the issue, unfortunately it's not occurring on our internal shard.
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    One item needed in the platesmithing quest to obtain level IV recipes doesn't correspond to any craftable one.

The easy guess on which craftable item would be needed to complete the task points to "Titansteel Executioner Breastplate"

I haven't crafted those items on preview yet, so I can't say if the Titansteel Executioner Breastplate is considered valid to complete the quest. Even if, the different naming could be a little misleading to the masterwork platesmiths trying to advance in their profession.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I haven't crafted those items on preview yet, so I can't say if the Titansteel Executioner Breastplate is considered valid to complete the quest. Even if, the different naming could be a little misleading to the masterwork platesmiths trying to advance in their profession.

I can confirm that the required item is in fact Titansteel Executioner Breastplate, thanks for pointing that out, this should get fixed before the module goes live.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

My guild affiliation did not follow to the preview server- how do I get around this to get the quests for masterworks?

guilds that exist on the live server do not exist on the preview server. so you will either have to join an appropriately leveled guild on preview or get some friends onto preview and create and level your own guild there. leveling a guild to lv 14 will take a few hours dull clicking but it is easy enough because of the special preview merchant beside the mimic that sells all the stuff you need to level your SH. if you get your friends to help the clicking (and running to each building to tell it to build) will go way faster
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited January 2018
    asterdahl said:

how do we unlock new recipes? Got the tool with credits crafted orange thing for npc but cant give it to him the guy near salvage trader so cant unlock recipes. Is something wrong with last step of quests or am I missing something?
    prntscr.com/i0mm6c

We tried pulling your character from preview and it looks like you were able to finish the quest? What did you end up having to do to resolve your issue?

A similar problem. -> Got the tool with credits crafted orange thing for npc but cant give it to him so cant unlock recipes.
    b.radikal.ru/b11/1801/0e/f7db9f4920b7.png
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    BUG can't buy masterworks level 3 recipes. Have level 2 unlocked and in a level 20 GH on preview

How to get the fifth level alchemy?

Well you need all 5 materials - 4 of them available live - the 5th (Chultan Spring Water) is new and must farm from new charts. I unlocked it.
  • krasensilverkrasensilver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    asterdahl said:

prntscr.com/i0mm6c

Need to complete that 50k credit quest to be able to give that orange items to npcs for mw5 recipes completed it and question solved. But its kinda dont make sense getting tool for 25k and completing orange thing but cant progress on one profession before getting 50k credits. Anyway problem solved and hope you add all materials like tincal lichstone or chart drops to npc so we can at least unlock all professions because stucked on artificing because lack of lichstone and little tooltips about how or where we get these would be good. I guess there will be some boss drop items and some items will be added to stronghold npc for guild marks still missing these to progress
    http://prntscr.com/i31g1d
    http://prntscr.com/i31g9w

How do we suppose to complete that quest while cant give spectacles to npc?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The stats of the new Masterwork III items are ... wrong.

See - same stats. Would be a decent item for me, but considering it is a multi-million AD process to get Masterwork III, it is not worth bothering just to get a higher IL. I am kind-of guessing that someone copy/pasted over the MW II items and just changed the name.

If the items really have significantly higher stats, then maybe, maybe MW IV is just horrendously expensive, instead of being plain worthless.

they just want to bait the il obessed player to get them xD
  • lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2018

greyjay1 said:

how did you do that? it's cb i can't mail it :/

edit: ah now i got it, you are referring to the previous task. final quest can't be finished
    Post edited by lucislator on
  • athena#1010 athena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I haven't completed any masterworks but wanted to look into MWIII for a friend. Do the devs also plan on putting the recipes up for purchase and not just the materials? Otherwise, do I have to complete all the previous MW steps in order to activate the new MWIII quest?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I noticed another issue with the new masterwork Items - see the image 3 posts above this one. It says "Lichstone Amulet", where it should say "Masterwork III Neck".

And yes, the stats are still wrong in the .4 build. there is nothing there that justifies a +95 to IL.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    I am on PC with all MCII recipes fully unlocked as well as a Mythic Forge Hammer, that endeavor cost over 30 million AD worth of resources to accomplish, an investment that hasn't come close to paying for itself; and it gets worse... based on what I have seen on the preview server Artificing alone will cost 12 to 18 million AD worth of resource to unlock (if you are lucky). The old investment "Might have" paid for itself if new gear didn't drop less than 3 months after the MCII recipes came out which invalidated all of that gear, only the Master Crafted weapons remained relevant because they were BiS for group content... Now that is not even the case. Honestly as master crafting stands right now on the preview server it is a completely pointless waste of time and AD, the weapon set itself might be "BiS" but barely so, and under a very limited set of circumstances and perfect timing... as for the gear recipes, prepare for those to be useless come 13.b... by the time you have done the grind to make the stuff it will be useless, or you can buy what you need and never recoup your investment. Crafting is a part of the game some of us enjoy, but it needs to have a better cost to profit ratio. Fool my once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

In regards to wanting a way to view masterwork recipes by recipe book, and just generally view recipes in a more organized format... we hear you! The current recipe interface is definitely being crushed under the weight, and improvements to that interface are definitely on our backlog. I can't promise anything for Module 13, but I will pass the feedback along to the UI team.

What about adding an option to hide/show particular tasks by player? This might help not only in crafting but also in tasks from the Leadership.
    are you gonna add chart materials to npc or really expect us to farm these to test new items? just for tr weapon set need to farm 36xobsidian 12xchultan tea leaves 30xlakh resin 36xbronzewood log 36xbrilliant pinion 45xsamarachan jute needed and all crafts must be success these numbers dont include fail risk. and there is something wrong with artificing npc

asterdahl said:

prntscr.com/i0mm6c

A similar problem. -> Got the tool with credits crafted orange thing for npc but cant give it to him so cant unlock recipes.
    b.radikal.ru/b11/1801/0e/f7db9f4920b7.png
    Error occurs when the orange thing is crafted BEFORE talking to the customer.