test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please fix the bag situation

I would love to have the option to go back to the old bag view/system. Scrolling through all bags takes a lot longer than hitting right and left trigger. Or, at the very least, when I do press left or right trigger, pull that bag to the top of the page. I shouldn't have to press right trigger and then scroll down to see what's actually in the bag.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    And when you sell an item you have to scroll...through 7 bags. Not user friendly at all.
  • Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    This design doesnt work as well on console compared to pc, with a controller its a pain and i would have prefered that this change never happened, its very annoying. That said i do like that it will show u unopened or consumables if filtered.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    jaii#3387 jaii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Horrible interface, almost everyone I've seen on neverwinter up to now has given mixed thoughts about the new inventory system. An option to revert back to an older system would be ideal.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I too would prefer the bag display to revert to how it was previously. I have four runic bags, one other, and the original on my main. This makes bag display a mess, and switching to the one bag view is impractical for the number of bag spaces and items I have. I have tried switching to smaller icons, but then I can’t see what the icons are from where I sit. I play on a 48” LCD, but I sit approximately 12’ away from it. I imagine on PC this wouldn’t be a problem as the distance from the monitor is considerably less. However, his doesn’t mean that the bag system is always a problem. On my alt I only have two bags, original, and quest bag (10 or so slots). For my alt the system works well as I just display them as one bag. I suppose I’d like to be able to scroll, combine, or tab (as previously) the bags.
    As for selling to vendor, selling in auction house, mailing items, putting in bank, etc the tab system is superior for bags in this format. Another thing I would like is for the last bag to display after an action has been performed. For example: I’ve been saving a few different stronghold voucher packs in bag #4, double marks has come and I want to list them on the auction house. After I list the first item in bag #4, I got to list another item, the UI currently defaults back to bag #1. It would be nice if it defaulted back to the last bag I interacted with.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    sweetlauranasweetlaurana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I love the new inventory system. I have my display options to not show by bag and have the icons set to small. I see most of my items in one huge block. The sort all option also works great for me when I use this method.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I love the new inventory system. I have my display options to not show by bag and have the icons set to small. I see most of my items in one huge block. The sort all option also works great for me when I use this method.

I'm with you, I like the change. I, also, switched to single bag view and when combined with the sort filters brings whatever I'm looking for (Sellable, AH listable, consumables) right to the top. The RP convert button makes position in the bag unimportant to me now as it will list all items per category and I simply remove the ones I do not wish to convert.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Filters are great, mass Identify fabulous now space allows for more trash RP collection, and Refining Refinemen Points is spot on.
    But the viewing options are annoying as hell.
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

Filters are great, mass Identify fabulous now space allows for more trash RP collection, and Refining Refinemen Points is spot on.
    But the viewing options are annoying as hell.

+1
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2018
    We've made several changes/fixes to the inventory UI in response to the player feedback on consoles. These should go out with the next update (hopefully on the next couple weeks, but I'm not in charge of the schedule on that).
    1. When you press LT/RT to skip between bags, the top row of the bag will be scrolled to the top of the view, so you'll get a better view of its contents when skipping though your bags. Same for the pop-up item picker.
    2. You can now move items from your bags that aren't the first bag. It was a bug, never our intention.
    3. Pressing down from the right-most column of the overflow or main inventory bag won't skip down to the footer button. Also a bug that want intentional.

I'm curious what sort modes people would find useful. We want to make the "sort all bags" feature useful to quickly poor your bags into the state you'd want them in. It makes me sad to hear that people "accidentally" sort, then "spend the next hour fixing". I think the first one we'll add is a reverse sort that puts the items in starting from the last slot, since people seem to like their new items going to the top for easy access.
    I'm also hoping that the various filters make sorting your bags unnecessary, so feel free to suggest filters that help with whatever task is at hand.

PS: all this applies to the PS4 too. I just happened to reply here.
  • Options
    jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Thank you for paying attention to this thread. I see we have a dev response already which is great. I don't usually complain much on here or other media but this bag thing has me going crazy.

When we push left or right from bag to bag is it going to display the entire bag again like before? One of my biggest issues with the new system is how it shows parts of multiple bags at the same time and not the entire bag without having to scroll up or down. Some of us have all runic bags and the new navigation is annoying as heck.

I do like the ability to filter and there's plenty room in that for future growth which is great.

The view as single bag is an ok idea but why does it then display the empty spaces from the bags? I mean if I'm displaying as one bag then empty spaces should be at the bottom of my one big bag, should it not? Doesn't seem very useful in the current design.

With the ability to move left and right coming in a new update how will this effect the ability to move items from bag to bag? Right now it is a major pain to move items back and forth between bags. Used to be able to select and item and push righ or left and drop into the other bag. Now with the left right up down that goes on it's very time consuming to keep items in the bags you want them in because it seems to jump around so much.

Sorting automatically is fine for individual bags. I don't want items to move out of certain bags so having sort all move items to different bags seems bad to me and causes a lot of manual rework. People like to keep things they may use a lot or change out a lot in their first bag like potions, elixirs, portable alters or even weapon enchants. Why would we want those to end up in out 3rd or 4th bag? We don't want to search for stuff, we want to know where it is. I personally like to keep my extra artifacts and gear from other load outs in my last bag, I sure don't want this stuff scattered through my bag to where I might actually salvage or something.

Sorry for the long rant, I will get off my soapbox now. Just this bag thing has me more fired up than the day this mod was announced for preview on PC and everyone was all up in arms about the bonding changes lol
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    @miasmat What about when selling, auctioning and mailing items. Will using LT/RT move through the bags as well? Right now, we have to scroll down through all the bags.
  • Options
    @omegarealities#7219 yes, the ui while selling has the same guts as the thing I called the "pop-up item picker". I'm currently on vacation, so I haven't seen the changes myself, but @uimaven assures me they're an improvement.
  • Options
    When ur switching bags, u only see the very top line if ur tabbing over, having the screen move to show then entire content of the bag would be helpful as well, tyvm for looking into the issue :smile:
  • Options
    @eclipseblood#1326 we fixed that just for you! But we'll let other people enjoy it too. (It's #1 on the list of fixes above.)
  • Options
    > @miasmat said:
    > @eclipseblood#1326 we fixed that just for you! But we'll let other people enjoy it too. (It's #1 on the list of fixes above.)

Ah sry bout that left the post was talking to a friend and came back to comment. When sorting bags, would it be possible to prioritize salvage to the very top? For Display options, things like show consumables only for example could be shown in a format to include all consumables in 1 bag or menu like the profession items layout rather than different bags?
  • Options
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > When sorting bags, would it be possible to prioritize salvage to the very top?
    What is "salvage"? How can I tell what's salvage vs alternate gear that you're just not using right now? If you can help us define it, I'll be happy to make a filter it sort for it.

For all these sort or filter requests, think about what task you're doing that you're trying to aid. Like for salvage, wouldn't it just be easier to have a "Salvage all my stuff" UI (kinda like the Identify All option). Or are you just trying to Scrooge McDuck in your mounds of delicious salvage fodder?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    > @kreatyve said:
    > @miasmat Please, please, please have bags sort to the bottom instead of the top! I keep my top bag empty so I can easily see what new items I get when I'm out questing and running stuff.

I've heard this a few times, but I haven't gotten a straight answer about why the empty spots at the top are better. Are you trying to avoid scrolling through your inventory to find the new stuff? If so, what are you going to do with the new stuff that makes finding it important? Would this be better served by a "just the new stuff" filter?

PS: we do intend to add a reverse sort, that does whatever you're sorting by, but sorts from the last bag slot to the front, and leaves the first bag slots empty.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    miasmat said:

> @kreatyve said:

> @miasmat Please, please, please have bags sort to the bottom instead of the top! I keep my top bag empty so I can easily see what new items I get when I'm out questing and running stuff.

I've heard this a few times, but I haven't gotten a straight answer about why the empty spots at the top are better. Are you trying to avoid scrolling through your inventory to find the new stuff? If so, what are you going to do with the new stuff that makes finding it important? Would this be better served by a "just the new stuff" filter?

PS: we do intend to add a reverse sort, that does whatever you're sorting by, but sorts from the last bag slot to the front, and leaves the first bag slots empty.

I love the new bag system and appreciate the fixes and your feedback you implement, also the time you stay up to reply, but will there be a way to go back to the old bag design with an option?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    > @miasmat said:
    > > @kreatyve said:
    > > @miasmat Please, please, please have bags sort to the bottom instead of the top! I keep my top bag empty so I can easily see what new items I get when I'm out questing and running stuff.
    >
    > I've heard this a few times, but I haven't gotten a straight answer about why the empty spots at the top are better. Are you trying to avoid scrolling through your inventory to find the new stuff? If so, what are you going to do with the new stuff that makes finding it important? Would this be better served by a "just the new stuff" filter?
    >
    > PS: we do intend to add a reverse sort, that does whatever you're sorting by, but sorts from the last bag slot to the front, and leaves the first bag slots empty.

I personally pick up every item and sort through it later, having the top empty helps. That way we dont find a stack of those superior potions of rejuvenation or the nature kits we overlooked later on. As far as a salvage all, i would rather not have that as rough ad is capped on how much u can refine and i want to mail extra salvage to alts, this would make it easier if u just sort ur bag to get them to the top and switch displays after ur done. Plus i wouldnt wanna salvage my extra gear that i use in my loadout or my pvp gear if i accidentally press salvage all.

Edit: most gear binds to character after its equipped, having account bound and unbound gear be prioritize to the top would be great, idk how the rings would work tho tbh, legendary ring are one thing and can be differentiated more easily than epic rings. Maybe add a lock option so that the item cant be moved unless manually done? So the sort all bags wouldnt mess up anyones inventory by accident and add an unlock all with a comfirmation if they want to sort those items again.
  • Options
    miasmat said:

We've made several changes/fixes to the inventory UI in response to the player feedback on consoles. These should go out with the next update (hopefully on the next couple weeks, but I'm not in charge of the schedule on that).

1. When you press LT/RT to skip between bags, the top row of the bag will be scrolled to the top of the view, so you'll get a better view of its contents when skipping though your bags. Same for the pop-up item picker.

2. You can now move items from your bags that aren't the first bag. It was a bug, never our intention.

3. Pressing down from the right-most column of the overflow or main inventory bag won't skip down to the footer button. Also a bug that want intentional.

I'm curious what sort modes people would find useful. We want to make the "sort all bags" feature useful to quickly poor your bags into the state you'd want them in. It makes me sad to hear that people "accidentally" sort, then "spend the next hour fixing". I think the first one we'll add is a reverse sort that puts the items in starting from the last slot, since people seem to like their new items going to the top for easy access.

I'm also hoping that the various filters make sorting your bags unnecessary, so feel free to suggest filters that help with whatever task is at hand.

PS: all this applies to the PS4 too. I just happened to reply here.

I would love to see a means to "lock" a bag from being sorted with the sort all facility. So that I can use, say, bags b, c and e to store RP, potions, and maps, for example. Allowing the "sort all" to then ignore those bags. Allowing me to keep the RP in bag b, the potions in bag c and maps in bag e... if that makes sense.
    Would something like that be feasible?
  • Options
    @mordekai#1901 yeah, that's probably feasible. I'll look into a reasonable UI for it next week. Probably will tuck it in as a toggle in the bag options menu where the sort single bag option is now.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

miasmat said:

> @kreatyve said:

Most of the new stuff I get ends up being converted to RP or salvaged at this point. The rest of it, throw it down at the bottom and resort it later or it's stuff that I throw in my bank to sort later. Currently I've been using the "Sort All Bags" about few days or so, and then manually moving stuff to the bottom bags, but it's such a pain to do.
    I do exactly the same too
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    While we are talking about UIs, an "expand all" and "collapse all" button in the quests window would be a real help.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @hustin1 I'll check when I'm back on the office next week, but I'm pretty sure some form of an expand/collapse all has been implemented internally. I'm not sure when it's for to go live.
  • Options
    miasmat said:

@mordekai#1901 yeah, that's probably feasible. I'll look into a reasonable UI for it next week. Probably will tuck it in as a toggle in the bag options menu where the sort single bag option is now.

That would be fantastic. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    @miasmat

I would LOVE a salvage window similar to the refinement window. Something where I can see how much rough AD I'll be getting before I commit. It would also be nice if rough AD automatically converted (it says it does, but never has for me).

As for having my first bag empty as I play, I like seeing what I picked up so I can discard useless stuff (rejuvenation potions, dolls, skill kits, etc).

Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC