test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update-[PC] Emergency Maintenance

2»

Comments

• jinglejanglezjinglejanglez Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Dang, it's Friday night, and some of us nerds have nothing else to do. I want to moosh stuff in NN!
  • brkr96#8736 brkr96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    WHATZZZZHHHHUPPPP!!
  • mumidonmumidon Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Maintenance is not related to game content...

I like it. 9:36p.m. Was kicked out VT on the last phase. Sure not a big deal but. What to do?

• sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I hear hot cocoa, cookies, and a movie are a thing.
  • erikanudanerikanudan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Probably too many RP from Simril Gift Exchanges ... and need to nerf the RP rates since so many held on to the materials for last cpl years hoping to use to upgrade the WF artifact, but can now be converted to upgrade anything. Hope you all converted them back when you saw how much they were worth in RP and not needed over Epic.
  • saevel#2349 saevel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    43 min down... 47 to go......
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    mumidon said:

Maintenance is not related to game content...

I like it. 9:36p.m. Was kicked out VT on the last phase. Sure not a big deal but. What to do?

Post on the forums because it's the closest we can get to NWO for now? That really does suck though. I mean, we were all in the middle of stuff, but imagine how many people like you were thisclose to finishing a quest/dungeon/skirmish.

Whatever happened must have been big. I bet a lot of people at Cryptic are running around screaming "OH HAMSTER OH HAMSTER OH HAMSTER!!! THE WHOLE GAME BROKE!!!" hahaha. I mentioned elsewhere that my own personal guess is that some hardware on their end gave out unexpectedly. Sometimes that happens, and it sucks, but it especially sucks when that hardware was supplying your product to all of your customers.

Can't imagine what must really be going on over there right now, and everything I come up with makes me feel worse for them than us. We're gonna play again in an hour - they're gonna get hell about it for months.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• jaramyahjaramyah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Well, this geek was just watching S.H.I.E.L.D. while fishing in Winter Celebration zone.
    So, I'm still getting to geek out. :blush:
  • jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    People really need to google "emergency".....

Out of game/launcher comms were posted as soon as possible given the emergency nature of the issue and access to proper messaging channels (phones are only awesome mini computers when you have signal).

I’m sorry the details are scarce but there is information I can’t always provide for a variety of reasons. I did emphasize on the forums that it was not related to game content to ensure there weren’t any concerns about patch notes or game changes.

Thanks for the update! :)

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Out of game/launcher comms were posted as soon as possible given the emergency nature of the issue and access to proper messaging channels (phones are only awesome mini computers when you have signal).

I’m sorry the details are scarce but there is information I can’t always provide for a variety of reasons. I did emphasize on the forums that it was not related to game content to ensure there weren’t any concerns about patch notes or game changes.

Such a sweetie! have a :cookie:
  • scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User

Thanks for the clarification and promptness.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

This was pretty HAMSTER' short notice.

Emergencies don't announce themselves ahead of time.

The team isn't working late on a Friday just to ruin everyone's fun. Please understand that emergencies happen and the folks at Cryptic are doing what they need to do.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

As always, thanks for the swift and personable communication to your playerbase! You're a fine example of a community manager, staying in touch with and following up with us. It's always appreciated when game representatives follow through! Keep up the good work and thanks for staying in touch with the community and the individuals who form it!
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    nico, just use smoke signals :)
    is that somethin do with FCC?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    whoo hoo just logged in now.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Out of game messages were posted AFTER servers had gone down. We had a 15 minute warning in game. That means approximately 20 mins when the person posting the in-game message couldn't possibly open a browser and copy/paste information on the forums/facebook.

Think we need to be working on our public relations/comms Cryptic! :dizzy:

On the other hand - we are a back in game.

Now to see what changes were made....
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png

Out of game messages were posted AFTER servers had gone down. We had a 15 minute warning in game. That means approximately 20 mins when the person posting the in-game message couldn't possibly open a browser and copy/paste information on the forums/facebook.

Think we need to be working on our public relations/comms Cryptic! :dizzy:

On the other hand - we are a back in game.

Now to see what changes were made....

We all survived. Let's leave it at that and have fun, yeah? :)

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    > @bluangeluk said:
    > Out of game messages were posted AFTER servers had gone down. We had a 15 minute warning in game. That means approximately 20 mins when the person posting the in-game message couldn't possibly open a browser and copy/paste information on the forums/facebook.

The messaging is done by multiple and different individuals. LiveOps does the in-game messaging (which requires certain tools) and sends out an email communication (or text in case of emergencies) to notify stakeholders (production, comms) so we can continue the info chain. That’s when I come in to post on social and forums (which requires certain permissions and access). A 15-30 minutes delay is possible, especially for emergencies when people are scrambling.

My intent isn’t to provide excuses but hopefully a bit more visibility into why communication happens how and when it does.
    Personally I think the communication as been as good as can be expected so far, for what that's worth :)

It's clear something blind-sided you guys as well. You don't need an excuse for that, it just is what it is, and the game is back up and running now.

However, please tell us what happened eventually! We're all speculating lol.

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    > @simplyshawn said:
    > However, please tell us what happened eventually! We're all speculating lol.

To quote @terramak from Discord chat:

“server-side stuff happened that's not a simple explanation without revealing how stuff works on the backend”
    Ooook... That's fair :tongue:

Thanks for getting it back up so quick, whatever happened.

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

This discussion has been closed.