test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Converting to RP

2»

Comments

• kyle1234512kyle1234512 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    im specifically talking about the item level 345 stuff.

NOT the ones which can be salvaged like rewarded from elol or ndemo. im talking about normal, regular, blues. not rare ones.

if you were to obtain a blue drop from a random level 70 mob, that was ilevel 345, **that had to be identified** it can not be put into the refinement system. whats up with that.

greens are now officially more valuable than cheesy starter 70 blues.

i can only surmise devs took an easy way out and instead of making them worth 100 RP they just decided.... nah... no blues. (probably to avoid blanket conversion of taking out your league gear sitting in your inventory or perhaps a ndemo ring you forgotten about)

its like the items were just forgotten about. now they're totally useless and a waste of a scroll to identify or bait some poor new level 70 into thinking this here blue level 70 DC cap with deflection/crit or some combo is worth the 180 AD listing when they could buy or mooch for literally anything else.

soooo whats up with that.

to put it into perspective...

blues https://i.imgur.com/mlihv0j.png cheapest is 45, avg between 48 and 55 AD

scrolls https://i.imgur.com/zUiVf4T.png 45 per scroll when buying in bulk 999 stacks. the cheapest single scroll was non existant, had to find small stacks which worked out to be 70AD each.

blues aren't even worth the effort to identify, its negative value after AH cut.
    Post edited by kyle1234512 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,138 Arc User
    If you had done a search, or even a cursory look over the forums, you would see this has been answered. The devs consider all blues to be AH fodder for AD at this time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2017
    greywynd said:

If you had done a search, or even a cursory look over the forums, you would see this has been answered. The devs consider all blues to be AH fodder for AD at this time.

you mean auto locked and commented with as "design choice not to convert blues at all"

when they specifically say every time "to prevent salvage gear from being destroyed" not the crappy blues you cant manually put in to convert at all.

just draining more RP sources from free players.

is there a poll anywhere we we can show the devs we want blues to be convertable or is it just a "swept under the rug" kinda deal hope it goes away on its own.
  • gonzo991gonzo991 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I would like to know if they are going to add the blue gear to the current RP system? I think that they should, it was part of the refinement system before. Now they alowed lower than rank 60 to be converted but not blue 70? It doesn't make sense, unless is was an oversight. Please fix it or advise to I can get rid of the blue 70 gear that I was holding for Double Refinement Weekend.

Thanks
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    gonzo991 said:

I would like to know if they are going to add the blue gear to the current RP system? I think that they should, it was part of the refinement system before. Now they alowed lower than rank 60 to be converted but not blue 70? It doesn't make sense, unless is was an oversight. Please fix it or advise to I can get rid of the blue 70 gear that I was holding for Double Refinement Weekend.

Thanks

1. There is no answer regarding if dev wants to allow blue gear to be converted.
    2. There is no more double refinement weekend.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    So I find myself corrected twice. Epic Artifact Equipment can't (currently?) be converted and tiered Uncommon Equipment can be converted to RP and not be salvaged anymore.

So that's great news, because it brings all [Uncommon] gear in line indeed! :smile: Leading me to two suggestions:

#1 Make blue leveling gear salvagable, even for only 100 AD, but this way (almost) all [Rare] equipment will be streamlined.

#2 Assuming this is the way you want it to work, please change the border colour of items undergoing the relic restoration process to make understanable, what they are and how they work, like: [Rusted Relic Gear] [Restored Relic Gear] [Vivified Relic Gear].

I think this would already start to bring down a lot of confusion (I figured out the :confused: smiley as well by now ^^)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Now that the different level scrolls are all working, players can find scrolls to ID rare (blue) items they get from drops. If they're lucky they will even be able to ID and sell a few items in the auction house for a little astral diamond profit.

The only people I see being negatively impacted by this change are the people who don't want to run content to get scrolls but want to trade items on the auction house - or the people who are upset that a lot of Items aren't priced as high as they used to be on the auction house.

Of course the people who are going to benefit most are those who are able to purchase VIP and get a number of scrolls free... I suspect more people deciding to purchase VIP benefits to obtain free scrolls isn't going to hurt Cryptic's feelings in the slightest.

Very smart marketing move in my opinion.
    DD~
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    About ID scrolls. Generally I have found that the scrolls drop as loot about the same as green and blue items drop so there isn't really an issue.

About ID scrolls. Generally I have found that the scrolls drop as loot about the same as green and blue items drop so there isn't really an issue.

i pick up *everything* i had 380 scrolls before the update when i wasn't picking up greens. now that i've also started using scrolls and breaking them down i now have 210 scrolls left. the rate of scrolls to greens is objectively 1:2 if not more so in favor of greens.
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    OMG, and I sold my last stack greater ID Scrolls for 999 AD xD

@kyle1234512 I don't understand your rage however. There are more sources of free RP than ever, and the identify all & convert all function for green leveling gear even makes it usable. Noone really maintained identifying each single item to drag and drop a maximum of 5 into your Artifact gear. It just wasn't worth the time and effort to do so.

Mod edit: Removed moderation request. Please use the "Flag" function for that in the future. Thanks! :)
    Post edited by zebular on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    edited November 2017

OMG, and I sold my last stack greater ID Scrolls for 999 AD xD

@kyle1234512 I don't understand your rage however. There are more sources of free RP than ever, and the identify all & convert all function for green leveling gear even makes it usable. Noone really maintained identifying each single item to drag and drop a maximum of 5 into your Artifact gear. It just wasn't worth the time and effort to do so.

Mod edit: Removed moderation request. Please use the "Flag" function for that in the future. Thanks! :)

Actually, I did "identify each single item to drag and drop to an Account bound Artifact Equipment" before mod 12b. There was no real advantage to do it but I just did that as a habit. I did make a pair of twisted weapon set to level 50 something just by doing that. I kept that pair in shared bank and every toon I ran could dump green stuff to it. I was/am RP rich and I did not need to do that but I just had my pet project to upgrade a pair of twisted set that I do not even use or if it is even useful. I dumped the twisted to Chult weapon set for a toon I don't play the day before mod 12b landed.

No, the ratio of id scroll drop vs green item drop was not even close. There were/are way more green item drop than id scroll. Since I have VIP, I don't really have id scroll issue. I pick up EVERYTHING from the ground (not during team play though) and "process' them. I did tell others to start to collect id scroll (both from pick and VIP) when mod 12b announced. I predicted the price of id scroll could raise.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***