test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to refine Illusionist's Mask on some characters

newnickunregisterednewnickunregistered Member Posts: 106 Arc User
I got this Maskerade artifact on GF and could refine it there till blue, but on e.g. DC the artifact could not be refined at all, in spite of having all ingredients for refining and upgrade even in the bag, none of the 2 sliders would budge at all.

Comments

• Options
    shepherdboishepherdboi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    I had a similar potential problem. I upgraded to legendary on my GF, but the system says I'm only at level 99 and still need to upgrade to level 100 despite it registering as Orange. Does this mean I have to use even more Preservation Wards to raise it the last level?
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Same thing with two characters that had the mask from last year but not fully upgraded. The refine window promised an upgrade to level 100 but when done the item was only level 99 (but orange) and to get it to 100 supposedly needs another upgrade and more mats.

Curiously opening the window again later, the promised upgrade for the level 99 was to apparently to orange weapon instead so I'd definitely say there's a bug there. Haven't attempted any upgrade as don't want to throw mats at a bug.
  • Options
    yunusberkanyunusberkan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    It gives this error after the last stage refinement.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    There does seem to be an issue with some folks upgrading this. Here's a couple shots others have reported:

Very buggy upgrading: https://i.gyazo.com/50e6f88b19857821319b397e4a6409c9.mp4

Totally different item shown as result: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/354659209398452235/373844231858552852/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Neverwinter_Screenshot_2017.10.28_-_16.42.08.77.png

• Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Hello.
    Same here. On my main i can not refine it from blue to purple.
    It shows a completely different item , and am unable to continue with progression.
    I tried it yesterday.
    Is there anything that can be done before the event ends ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    venohmvenohm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Mine also shows that I can upgrade it once it is orange, but I'm pretty sure it's bugged. I tried and had a few attempts that didn't say failure but nothing happened. Wasted like 50 Wards on this.
  • Options
    svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    zebular said:

There does seem to be an issue with some folks upgrading this. Here's a couple shots others have reported:

Very buggy upgrading: https://i.gyazo.com/50e6f88b19857821319b397e4a6409c9.mp4

Totally different item shown as result: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/354659209398452235/373844231858552852/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Neverwinter_Screenshot_2017.10.28_-_16.42.08.77.png

On a couple of alts a few days ago, the upgrade to legendary worked fine. Yesterday, a couple alts upgraded to legendary and it only went to lvl99, and would have to be upgraded again to reach lvl100. Today, I can't upgrade past epic. The "upgrade to" slot is empty. It's like this on 2 of my alts so far.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! We are looking into this. I will update as soon as I have more info.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Ok, i've posted in other thread with apparently same prob. But looks like we have more replies here, so ill repost my prob here also with screen.

All my epic Masks from last year are bugged now. After upgrade to orange they received orange (rank 100) ilvl (260 points) but stuck with rank 99 stats. Orange upgrade consumed items needed like Veil and Memento and now wants, apparently, another upgrade asking the same amount of Veils and Mementos.
    The mask i got on my other alt this year, got upgraded without any prob.

• Options
    murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I have this same problem on all 8 characters. Yesterday it showed a possible upgrade from 99 to 100. Today after I collected the materials it is blank with no upgrade available. I did see on 1 or 2 characters yesterday it was putting my neck artifact in the upgade area instead of the Illusionist's Mask.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    venohm said:

Mine also shows that I can upgrade it once it is orange, but I'm pretty sure it's bugged. I tried and had a few attempts that didn't say failure but nothing happened. Wasted like 50 Wards on this.

Once you get it to orange, every time you fail to upgrade it again will consume pres.ward. But if you are lucky to upgrade, it will do absolutely nothing and will not consume anything, Veil&Momentos nor the pres.ward (like in one of those videos posted above). I strongly suggest you to not upgrade it again. Devs should fix it, we can't fix it ourselves.

Strange thing that i didn't have any prob with "upgrading will give" placeholder and Mask was always shown there. I was just right button on Mask -> "refine" steps.
  • Options
    jamrijamri Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Any word on this yet? I'm having the same problem. Stuck at purple and wasted about 10 wards.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I used 14 wards before it popped to Orange. 10% is a small number after all. LOL
  • Options
    baxtersmom#2109 baxtersmom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    One character upgraded to Level 100 with no problems -- took a lot of wards, but it was worth it. Two others are stuck at 99 and even a Coalescent Ward does not work. Hope this can be fixed, even though the event is over, as my characters could use the gear score and the equip features.
  • Options
    hawk#7532 hawk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm having the problem on one character but I can't refine ANYTHING. I can on my other toons, but not my HR.
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User

It gives this error after the last stage refinement.

You are missing one of the ingredients.
  • Options
    aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    @nitocris83 did this ever get fixed? I seem to be having the same issues this year where none of my characters can refine their masks despite having all the requirements. The result is empty and when click refine anyway nothing happens.

Can we please get a fix so we can upgrade these masks and turn them in for the new mask? Kind of a problem if we can't max it out to turn it in...
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Why necro an old thread? Given this event has be running for most of the day and you are the only one with a refine problem, it is probably you. Give a screenshot.

Also, you have to move the slider yourself all the way to the right before you can refine. I don't know why it is that way.