Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Mount Powers:

I was really lucky to have won a Legendary Rex from a lockbox (my first legendary since I joined 2014) and was totally blown away not by it's animation (amazing, didn;t think something like that would be possible) but also the activation.

I've had Emperor Beetle and Black Ice Warhorse for a while now and the Combat Power Activation has ALWAYS felt awkward and clunky, the T-Rex mount power is a lot more elegant and doesn;t lock you in when you get busy with a wandering yellow (or white sometimes) circle floating around when my old fingers already have enough to worry about with what keys to press when things get busy.

Is there any chance of changing current mount combat powers to work like the T-Rex?

Also, the stun on the T-Rex is very noticeable, the stun on the Emperor Beetle isn;t a stun at all, I just treat is as an interupt now. Any way the Beetle (and other mount powers) get a similar stun to the T-Rex pls?
  • Options
    ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG

I found some issuess in NW.90.20171009a.3.

1. Wrong name items (I checked names in Collection and Profession tasks).
    Oathbound Paladin: Huntsman Restoration Poleyns is shown as Huntsman Restoration Gaiters.
    Control Wizard: Gloves of the Thayan Servitor is shown as Gloves of the Thayan Zealot.
    Trickster Rogue: Trickster's Leather Helm +1 (Profession tier2 reward) is shown as Leather Helm +1.

2. Wrong tooltip tag (I checked Profession tasks).
    Tailoring: Rank 21 or above Equipments has tag 'Plate'. Correctly it is 'Cloth'.
    Mailsmithing: Rank 21 or above GWF's Equipments has tag 'Plate'. Correctly it is 'Scale'.
    Strategist Head wear has tag 'Feet'. Correctly it is 'Head'.
    Post edited by ornald on
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

DF damage is refreshed by the last flurry now (damage too, not only the time) so if you get one with buffs, you get buffed bleed, and if next is without you get bleed without. It was stealth changed some time ago, not sure exactly when.
    Also Bleed damage does register correctly to the owner and each gets their own.

This is on live now.

I was not aware this got fixed, TY. From all the reports in this thread, I thought it was still unfixed.
    Yeah, the first was a stealth change. I was surprised to find it out too.
    The second had to test, not sure if it was changed at some point, or we thought there is a bug where there wasn't. No idea. But with fixed damage weapons it was easier to test, and looks like it's ok.
    What was the stealth change? I did not hear about it either.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

DF damage is refreshed by the last flurry now (damage too, not only the time) so if you get one with buffs, you get buffed bleed, and if next is without you get bleed without. It was stealth changed some time ago, not sure exactly when.

This is on live now.

I was not aware this got fixed, TY. From all the reports in this thread, I thought it was still unfixed.
    The second had to test, not sure if it was changed at some point, or we thought there is a bug where there wasn't. No idea. But with fixed damage weapons it was easier to test, and looks like it's ok.
    The stealth change is the one she described. A "stealth change" is a change that they did not put in the patch notes.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    Cursebringer Ring (not logged in, the stun ring from hunt) in Chult hunt drop is BoP, all the other hunt drops seem to be BoA
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    [XBOX] When changing map or instance, there is about 20% chance that data about your campaign task-based eligibility to queue for the last three Epic Dungeons (FBI, MSP) and the last three Epic Trials (MSVA, MDemo, TONG) would become temporarily unavailable.
    That typically leads to dropping from the queue if you are queueing for any of the above end-game dungeons or trails. After about 30 seconds the data gets synced up and you could re-queue, but you lose your position in the queue. The campaign task UI shows you campaign progress correctly at all times. I observed that in Chult, but this may be happening on other maps as well.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    After running the game client for some time rare mobs in Chult stop rendering as rare and instead look like normal, which makes hunting more difficult.
    This was noticed by several people for Batiri and Eotyrannus mobs. After running the same game client for some time (several days) rare mobs of some (maybe all) types no longer look different from the regular mobs. Killing such mobs could still give you a trophy. Switching map instances does not help. Force restarting the game does resolve the issue.
  • Options
    abrams19kabrams19k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Bug: Owlbear Cup does not Proc on each hit from an encounter that is not a critical strike.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    armadeonx said:

miasmat said:

scathias said:

And on that note, you devs have done a great job looking at combat mechanics bugs and such, but could you please spend a couple days going through the guild UI issues that many people brought up...

I've been a slacker and haven't been responding in this thread nearly enough to reflect what the UI and Software teams are doing. We are currently acting on a bunch of the guild changes but not all of them.

UI stuff isn't particularly harder than other tasks, but it is done by a department that has a lot of competing demands on it, so your request is more likely to get deprioritized and delayed.

Some of the changes that I know are done or nearly done regarding Guilds:
    - logs will now differentiate between quit and kick, and show who kicked if there is one.
    - adding a command to export various guild logs.

We won't be increasing the size of the various guild logs because that would add too much stored data when multiplied by all guilds. However, if you're ok with NOT including the "Name has reached level ##" messages, we can use the same number of messages (I think it's 500 right now) to hold more useful messages like "Name has joined, after being invited by Name2". Good trade?
    @miasmat Will any of these changes reach consoles? PC already have better guild management tools than consoles but we are a very large chunk of the player base.

Personally I'd really love to see a 'last active' field for all members, but being able to export the above logs to a linked outlook account would also be great.
    I wasn't planning on making it work for consoles, but the email idea is creative! I don't know if I can make the Xbox email your linked account... that's a neat idea tho. I'll look into it. No promises.

About "last active", there should already be one of the choices for the last column on the guild roster to show their last logout out time. It's called "Status". We removed that column on consoles because it made the UI much more cluttered to navigate. If we can get the export command working, you'll have the info. But I'd rather not clutter up the guild roster on consoles.

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017

theguiido said:

Your misinformation isn't helping anyone or anything on this thread.

You cannot walk into a Smoke Bomb, shield up, Bull Charge, then not be CC'd. Thats not possible. you are disabled for the duration of the Smokebomb. If you decide to do that and are unable to shield back up until the disable goes away.

Thats not a bug, It's timing a Mechanic.

Unable to repeat?

Heres 2 different videos, mythbusting being able to shield up, walk into a Smokebomb, Bull Charge, and then shield back up and not be affected by the disable. Contradicting what you said.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/7fb7f9b6-ffa9-43db-9b09-a2944c405d1d

However what is a bug though, and what I noticed in these videos is Smoke bomb not keeping it's full duration as it appears to be. It still appears on the ground, but does not last as long as it is indicated to be by the red circle.

Further more, being able to cancel an animation, is something every class can do. Not only that, but all classes can cast an Encounter and then as the action JUST ended they can cancel the rest of the animation.

So I finally freed up some time to record the issue I was originally talking about. If this video link works properly you will see 2 attempts at hitting a TR in SB. The first is how it should look, when attempting to BC inside of SB I get dazed when I drop my shield. The second video I animation cancel my BC standing in SB and kill the TR while not being CC'd. Hopefully this will aid in making clear the issue that exists:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gekriiBxhF4&feature=youtu.be

Addendum: Since this was in SH siege 1v1 I showed my companions so that there would be no confusion. They are: Sellsword, Air archon, Earth Archon, Erinyes of belial, and fire archon.

Addendum: Another video example of shield cancelling. No gear except weapons and chest piece. No companions, also TR was alive throughout:

https://youtu.be/24s8OJatCFU
    https://youtu.be/YCCAgLlEWAk
    https://youtu.be/lSUFZgbazNA
    I checked out your videos.

I see what you are talking about. That can't be recreated on Consoles. Seems to be a PC only thing due to higher refresh rates i'm assuming or just simply it's a PC issue. That has never happened on my experience in the past couple of years and even in the videos I showed you, it couldn't be replicated.

Also, when you said in your video description GF's can shield cancel everything CC as if it can be replicated with other powers is not true. This seems to be the only circumstance of this happening.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    miasmat said:

armadeonx said:

miasmat said:

scathias said:

And on that note, you devs have done a great job looking at combat mechanics bugs and such, but could you please spend a couple days going through the guild UI issues that many people brought up...

I've been a slacker and haven't been responding in this thread nearly enough to reflect what the UI and Software teams are doing. We are currently acting on a bunch of the guild changes but not all of them.

UI stuff isn't particularly harder than other tasks, but it is done by a department that has a lot of competing demands on it, so your request is more likely to get deprioritized and delayed.

Some of the changes that I know are done or nearly done regarding Guilds:
    - logs will now differentiate between quit and kick, and show who kicked if there is one.
    - adding a command to export various guild logs.

We won't be increasing the size of the various guild logs because that would add too much stored data when multiplied by all guilds. However, if you're ok with NOT including the "Name has reached level ##" messages, we can use the same number of messages (I think it's 500 right now) to hold more useful messages like "Name has joined, after being invited by Name2". Good trade?
    @miasmat Will any of these changes reach consoles? PC already have better guild management tools than consoles but we are a very large chunk of the player base.

Personally I'd really love to see a 'last active' field for all members, but being able to export the above logs to a linked outlook account would also be great.
    I wasn't planning on making it work for consoles, but the email idea is creative! I don't know if I can make the Xbox email your linked account... that's a neat idea tho. I'll look into it. No promises.

About "last active", there should already be one of the choices for the last column on the guild roster to show their last logout out time. It's called "Status". We removed that column on consoles because it made the UI much more cluttered to navigate. If we can get the export command working, you'll have the info. But I'd rather not clutter up the guild roster on consoles.

I can only speak for PC, but my main issue with the Status field is that it doesn't sort properly in the UI. It sorts alphabetically, which doesn't result in the same order as it would if it sorted by date.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Companions such as the Hawk or the Sprites still do not follow the player's character when mounted.
    Instead they stick to the position where the player summoned the mount. [Link]

Recreation:
    - summon companion
    - summon mount
    - ride for an arbitrary instance
    - unmount

Result:
    The companion is left at the spot, where the player mounted and only now starts travelling.

Expected Result:
    The companion appears at the spot where the player dismounted (next to the player), ready to fight.

Companions should simply spawn next to the player, whenever the player character is unmounting, regardless of whether the companion is in the middle of a fight somewhere else on the map.

Bug: Flying companions and Walking companions behave differently when mounted and dismounting.
    Flying Companion Examples: Hunting Hawk, Wisp, etc...
    Symptoms: When you dismount after a long ride with a walking companion summoned they re-pop where you are at and are ready to go. When you dismount after a long ride with a flying companion summoned they do not re-pop, instead they continue to slowly fly towards you from where they started. Many times IF they finally arrive their character portrait does not re-appear. Dismissing and re-summoning are the only way to get the portrait to re-appear.
    Proposed Solution: Having flying companions de-pop and re-pop like walking companions when you use a mount.

We gave our flying companions a firm talking to.
    First off, we told the sprites to stop lollygagging.
    • Sprites now have a shorter trigger range before they start following players.
    Second, we showed the hawks and owl that they are allowed to engage in battle from farther way.
    • Hawks and Owl will now engage in battle at the current 80' range that our other companions have.*
    Third, we showed all our flying companions how to properly track mounts.
    • All flying companions will now act as our 'walking' companions when it comes to the players being mounted. They will now follow at an increased speed that will allow them to keep up with mount speeds.
    Last, and this is for all companions, not just the flying.... Ever feel that your companion's sense of direction is lacking? That they easily get lost in dense areas, like Chult, leaving you wandering around looking for them?

Well, we've added an invisible power onto our companions that pretty much equates to 'oh no, I'm lost'. If your companion ends up further than 200 feet from you, or they fall into a questionable area aka a kill volume, they will now teleport to you, dead or alive. This won't fix all the disappearing companion issues that we have, but this will help to at least keep them near by and help us limit and focus on what is causing the other disappearing acts.

*We are currently looking into increasing all our companions' engage-in-battle combat range to ranges that match our Hunter Ranger's Aspect of the Falcon.
    Is there a fix coming for companions running off and engaging enemies that are nearby but ones that I have not yet engaged? I just finished doing my Chult dailies and having my companion seek out anything nearby to kill after I have just finished dealing with another group of enemies is driving me absolutely batty.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    miasmat said:

That's been somewhat discussed previously in Xbox forums, e.g.:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231188/no-act-so-at-least-give-us-one-dungeon-that-you-can-q-for-solo

To quote myself, one can consider using
    a) local hardware (e.g. write to a file NWlog.csv at the root of the inserted SD card, there is an API like that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/files/)
    b) personal cloud storage (then you may have to add a configuration value somewhere in the character window)
    c) centralized, company-owned storage (a file server)
    d) emailed to one's registered live id email with a click of a button
    z) if all fails, just send it over HTTP to example.com (random server name) and let us use Fiddler/Wireshark/other proxy to capture the logs

P.S. I'd be happy to investigate the route you prefer and if necessary come up with a code sample, pm me if you'd like me to try to help here.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Camera randomly zooms in as far as it can regardless of custom FoV settings.
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    miasmat said:

Please CLUTTER UP THE UI with the Status slot. This is a huge QoL problem right now. It should be simply to add a side scroll using triggers or Dpad if needed, but less information is never better.

Also, please feel free to clutter up other UI's, like the loot roll option menu. Feel free to add either similar Leader Decides option like PC has, or add a Leader Gets Loot option. Currently there is no way to be assured of getting Hunt drops if you are with a random group or someone "just looking for totems."
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017

micky1p00 said:

micky1p00 said:

This is on live now.

The stealth change is the one she described. A "stealth change" is a change that they did not put in the patch notes.
    Oh, my bad. I thought she meant that our stealth also got changed. I know what a stealth/ninja fix is but didn't realize that was what she really meant.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2017

miasmat said:

That's been somewhat discussed previously in Xbox forums, e.g.:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231188/no-act-so-at-least-give-us-one-dungeon-that-you-can-q-for-solo

To quote myself, one can consider using
    a) local hardware (e.g. write to a file NWlog.csv at the root of the inserted SD card, there is an API like that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/files/)
    b) personal cloud storage (then you may have to add a configuration value somewhere in the character window)
    c) centralized, company-owned storage (a file server)
    d) emailed to one's registered live id email with a click of a button
    z) if all fails, just send it over HTTP to example.com (random server name) and let us use Fiddler/Wireshark/other proxy to capture the logs

P.S. I'd be happy to investigate the route you prefer and if necessary come up with a code sample, pm me if you'd like me to try to help here.

I'm loving the export ideas, it would be amazing if this could work. XBox can already export screenshots to onedrive.live.com without logging in (as you're already logged in) so maybe that's usable? I don't know about the Playstation though.

On the 'last active' subject, I always thought that it should be included in the option/function that switches between 'location/member comment/officer comment' as a 4th column option. Adding a 'sort by' function at the top would complete the usefulness.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Certain powers on ground powers (SW PoP, CW IT, OP CoP, and DC HG) make it hard to see red zones and sometimes even loot (SW PoP is worst offender here). Please make all these powers transparent with intesity (alpha) of half of DC HG. This is really annoying on boss fights.

On this topic, while playtesting some upcoming boss encounters we were having so many issues with pillar of power that our FX team has already—as of a few weeks ago on our Module 13 build—changed pillar of power such that parts of it are semi-transparent and it is now possible to clearly see AoE indicators through it.

They're also looking into adjustments to icy terrain as one of the other biggest offenders. So look forward to some improvements with these effects.
    Is it also possible to ensure that if all four these powers are stacked at the same place, the red zones are still visilble (possibly by making red zones priority in stack of on ground effects? This stituation is quite possible in party with OP tank, DC, SW, CW, and another poor soul that could not see anything.

Will this change be in mod 13 or there are chances that it will be backported to 12b?

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

asterdahl said:

Certain powers on ground powers (SW PoP, CW IT, OP CoP, and DC HG) make it hard to see red zones and sometimes even loot (SW PoP is worst offender here). Please make all these powers transparent with intesity (alpha) of half of DC HG. This is really annoying on boss fights.

On this topic, while playtesting some upcoming boss encounters we were having so many issues with pillar of power that our FX team has already—as of a few weeks ago on our Module 13 build—changed pillar of power such that parts of it are semi-transparent and it is now possible to clearly see AoE indicators through it.

They're also looking into adjustments to icy terrain as one of the other biggest offenders. So look forward to some improvements with these effects.
    Is it also possible to ensure that if all four these powers are stacked at the same place, the red zones are still visilble (possibly by making red zones priority in stack of on ground effects? This stituation is quite possible in party with OP tank, DC, SW, CW, and another poor soul that could not see anything.

Will this change be in mod 13 or there are chances that it will be backported to 12b?

I agree, the red zone should always sit on top of other graphic overlays...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Is there a fix coming for companions running off and engaging enemies that are nearby but ones that I have not yet engaged? I just finished doing my Chult dailies and having my companion seek out anything nearby to kill after I have just finished dealing with another group of enemies is driving me absolutely batty.

This is supposed to be fixed by the changes made to deflection in mod12b.
  • Options
    stathisjoestarstathisjoestar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Weapon Master's Strike and Daring Shout proc weapon enchantments twice.

Weapon Master's Strike (unlike any skill that was rightfully multi-procing) is an AoE At-Will, quite spammable and able to proc weapon enchants twice and per enemy hit. For example, against a group of 5 mobs, a single at-will click will proc 10 times the Lightning Weapon with 30 Lightning Arcs.
    The analogy is harsh if you compare an Entity power or a Channeled power to that single snappy click. Pillar of Power (entity encounter) is procing the Lightning Weapon just once (not even per target, literally just once, against that group of 5 mobs) for its 16 sec duration. Dreadtheft (channeled encounter) is procing the Lightning Weapon once per target for the whole 6 sec duration that keeps the player preoccupied.

The intent of the developers to streamline weapon enchant procs to 1 proc per power activation is understandable and offers needed consistency. I still need though to express my concern about the WMS bug and stress out that it needs to be fixed.
    Classes with Entity/Channeled/DoT powers are already procing weapon enchants less than a GWF. People have been focused on the "2 DC problem" for Mod 12 dungeon runs, but there should be some concern that the party formation is actually: GWF (w/ Lightning) GF OP DC DC. It is, above all, a formation that excludes the dps classes that are not a GWF with Lightning.

Consequently, I consider that fixing the WMS bug is crucial, before you proceed with Entity skills procing once the weapon enchants; ergo, the CW and TR class (SW class wasn't benefitting anyway) will spiral further down from the new epitome of bravery that is Hero's Accord.

I will not disagree about Daring Shout but there's a misconception about Weapon Master's Strike because that's not a bug, it's a feature.

If we take a look to the description, it is specifically mentioned that it hits the target with a strike and then follows up with another attack from behind. It is a two-attacks At-Will power. Dreadtheft is a beam that keeps hitting the target but it is still part of the same power and Pillar of Power creates a conduit of continuous damage, every hit also being part of the same power after all while WMS is hitting the enemy in two different instances. However, don't get me wrong, I don't agree that these SW's powers should be proccing only once per cast but the feedback here should be about how it affects every class in their own instead of comparing them to another class, as the GWF in this case, which is WAI.

Regarding the party formation, any group conformed by a GF OP DC DC and 1 DPS class (CW/HR/TR/SW/GWF w/o Lightning) can finish ToNG with ease. Even if you bring a GF DPS as main DPSer and another class as buffer/debuffer (CW/SW), it is possible to finish the dungeon in a decent time. Advocating against the GWF using Lightning, trying to bring a fix to a non-existant bug would bring an unnecessary nerf that will also affect those GWF who aren't even using that weapon enchantment. If there's something to discuss here, it would be e.g about how Lightning is performing compared to other enchantments.

"Unnecessary nerf that will also affect those GWF who aren't even using that weapon enchantment."
    And how so? If they have a weapon enchant like Lightning, Feytouched etc. they will still proc them 10 times(!) against a group of 5 mobs with a single at-will cast, while if they have Vorpal or Dread they wouldn't be nerfed anyhow.

Let me explain what a nerf would actually be:
    CW and TR not multi-procing weapon enchants anymore with their Icy Terrain and Smoke Bomb (exampli gratia) respectively is a nerf. SW never getting to multi-proc with Pillar of Power or Dreadtheft (exampli gratia) is unfair. GWF multiprocing just with his at-will cast is a bug.

As was stated by developers there is an intent on making all powers (with special exceptions that is) to proc weapon enchants once per activation (and not again afterwards). As disapointing as this may sound, I guess your objective point is that it's okay to take away multi-procing from all classes (which is actually a nerf), but GWF specifically should multi-proc with WMS because it's a game feature (which is actually a bug).

I stated this as a gamebreaking bug (and not as a nerf request), as the classes that actually get nerfed are CW, TR and SW. Personally I find the once-per-activation-proc acceptable as long as it is carried out with a sense of fairness. And it is not evenhanded if classes that were rightfully multi-procing have to sacrifice their damage for the sake of consistency, but the class that was all along not supposed to be the multi-proc ace will get to retain an arbitrary multi-proc.

Now this is my personal opinion and concern that the main ToNG formation is GF OP DC DC with a GWF. Even if the second DC is replaced either in any dungeon run or in the long run after game-fixes, that spot would be replaced by a buffer role, like MoF CW, Templock, Longstrider HR. The real problem is that dps classes are greatly excluded other than the multi-procing GWF; support classes/roles at least have a place, whether fixes are needed soon or not. It's the dps classes that are in more need, as they would need to be accompanied by a dps GF (who would possibly out-dps them on top) to make that decent run that you speak of, or to return to their buff role. This is not decent, especially if those classes take a further significant hit to their multi-proc. All in all, GWF should obviously not become an exception to the rule, especially when classes that are rightfully exceptions just cease to be so.

I hereby say that Weapon Master's Strike should not multi-proc weapon enchantments; it is a bug that becomes even more apparent with the possibility of Entity powers losing their multi-proc ability.
    Post edited by stathisjoestar on

You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.

• Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Make the WEs proc on power activation and go on from there.

Easiest way in the long run, to see what powers become multi-procing monsters that throw everything out of balance again.

If needed adjust powers and WEs, rather than leave broken stuff laying around, and that requires non-bugged powers and WEs, or else theres gonna be a shitstorm, again.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I almost forgot this one, but the Golden Bells are a perfect candidate for the Useful Items tab.

Thanks again.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Trickster Rogue saboteur feat Return to Shadows doesn't work properly. It says
    "While behind your target, dealing damage with Encounter Powers refills 5/10/15/20/25% of your Stealth meter. This effect cannot trigger when leaving Stealth."

My path of blades and smokebomb "deal damage" for some time after casting. I can walk aroud a stunned enemy and my smoke and PoB can hit multiple times and it doesn't increase my stealth pool.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    The latest insignia packs do not include epic version of dominance.
    After many tests the top dominance you get is rare quality.
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User

If we take a look to the description, it is specifically mentioned that it hits the target with a strike and then follows up with another attack from behind. It is a two-attacks At-Will power. Dreadtheft is a beam that keeps hitting the target but it is still part of the same power and Pillar of Power creates a conduit of continuous damage, every hit also being part of the same power after all while WMS is hitting the enemy in two different instances.

I just have to point out the double standards in this statement. WMS is activated by 1 press of a button, it ends up being two ticks of damage (against 1 enemy). Dreadtheft, Pillar of Power, and all other entity/channeling powers also are activated by 1 press, followed up by an x amount of ticks. You say that with WMS it works as intended as both ticks supposedly are different attacks, yet they both are activated by the same button push, but with other powers all the extra ticks are not different attacks. There is a huge lack of logic in this statement. I would dare saying the other attacks are "x-attacks powers" where x states amount of ticks, meaning WMS simply is where x = 2. Don't see why it shoud work for 2 and not say 5, or 10.

In my honest opinion I think weapon enchantments should be allowed multiprocced by everything, but with a certain balanced internal cooldown (or max amount of procs per second vs each enemy), so that the logic of being a fast hitting class would benefit from these sorts of enchantments. Atm SW usually is better off with vorpal or dread, sometimes lightning for AoE purposes, while being one of the fastest hitting classes (thinking ticks per second and not casting times).
    Atm these enchants are simply being best not for the fastest ticking classes, but the ones with fastest ticks that simultaneously lets them proc these enchants.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
This discussion has been closed.