What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UPDATED - [Console] Seals of the Brave Seal Discount

2»

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Thanks for the general clarification @oldbaldyone.

I suppose what I'm really trying to understand is what made hotfixing the sahha balls a simple matter of resetting the servers but changing the way the seal vendor works requires a patch. Both, to me, require changes in the overall code of the game since they both change the way a game item functions overall.

This may be something that is too involved to get an easy answer here and I agree, it's not a huge issue in this case.
  • Options
    jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    How about for those people that saved the required seals of the brave in anticipation for this sale and because it was not included went on to use several extra legendary keys and numerous scrolls to get the remainder of the seals because they were not on sale as advertised.

Curious how much extra zen purchased, key used, ad lost from another cryptic mistake that players pay for.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    They also took the game down when Tiamat expansion came out. Only took a few hours after launch for them to take the game offline for 2 hours to fix it. No two weeks to certify there either.....
  • Options
    rebel221#1770 rebel221 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ok I can't post my own thread yet so will post it on here I'm currently playing neverwinter on xbox one I have emailed arc regarding this matter an was told to report it here. So in my game in the seal of the protector vendor the elven armor is not available for purchase it is not even one of the option I have wasted countless hours grinding for protector seals for it to be for nothing yet it clearly states in the clooections page I should be able to pursue the armor this way. When will I get a fix for this as I am planning on getting this armor for my alt character but can't until this issue is resolved.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    You now buy it with tradebars or earn it as a drop from dungeons.
  • Options
    But on the collections page on xbox one it it says it can be bought using seals of the protector if that's true then they need to correct it as I wasted a lot of time farming for those seals for nothing. But also as I stated I have spoken to someone from arc via email an they did not mention this an they thought there was a bug an that they believed you could purchase it this way too. So I'm basically looking for a definitive answer here please.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2017

But on the collections page on xbox one it it says it can be bought using seals of the protector if that's true then they need to correct it as I wasted a lot of time farming for those seals for nothing. But also as I stated I have spoken to someone from arc via email an they did not mention this an they thought there was a bug an that they believed you could purchase it this way too. So I'm basically looking for a definitive answer here please.

They were in the seal vendor up until mod 12 was released. At that time they were removed from the seal vendor. The link below dated from June explains.

https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10538713-developer-blog%3A-stronger-enemies%2C-stronger-equipment

This is the relevant quote from the link posted above:

"We’re also making quality of life adjustments to current seals. It’s been almost a year since the introduction of relic armor; starting in Module 12 unrestored relic armor and restoration reagents will be available for purchase with seals of the protector. This will replace the now outdated elven armor."

So, I guess they missed updating the collection tab.
  • Options
    Thanks for that very helpful, but is also very annoying as they have made free fairly easily to obtain armor now cost money to get anyone else think thats wrong lol
  • Options
    diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    wrong topic sorry
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • Options

But also as I stated I have spoken to someone from arc via email an they did not mention this an they thought there was a bug an that they believed you could purchase it this way too.

CS is not what I would call...competent to the way the game works. They can correct some things but don't expect them to know about the game's inner workings.
  • Options
    No true but can't see why I have to go through all this to get some answers an even now I don't have them cos my game still needs updating cos it's still saying it can be bought using seals an obviously that's not the case but there no information on where it drops from all I know is it can be bought from tarmalune trade bar merchant. An still think it's wrong there making us pay for it now when it was free.
  • Options
    The seal vendor was recently changed so this is why you are confused. The vendor no longer sells that gear. It now sells other gear. You don't HAVE to pay for anything. You can always run epic spiders to try and get the equipment you need. I think elven drops in there but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're complaining about something minute. The change was recent and the text hasn't been updated yet. The text probably won't be updated for months. You now have the information you need to move forward.

Also, if you're in a guild, you're probably better off getting DF gear for your alt or something. Or if you already run dungeons on your main, equipping your alt with drops from your runs.

Unfortunately, getting the elven gear from the vendor was viewed as outdated by the devs.

• Options

Thanks for that very helpful, but is also very annoying as they have made free fairly easily to obtain armor now cost money to get anyone else think thats wrong lol

That's not what happened. Bad gear was removed, better gear added, still can still purchase gear with seals. In addition, most of the stuff needed to restore the gear is also available for seals and doesn't need to be ground out. I think you will find most of us think this was an improvement.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @rebel221#1770 Elven gear can still be farmed freely and pretty easily from dungeons. My alts complete their collections this way.
  • Options
    I'm aware of that but I think cos they haven't updated my game the armor won't drop for me as I have done a lot of dungeons an not recieved a single piece nor do I know which dungeons in particular will drop the armor
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So you might want to make your CS team aware that you posted about getting a refund of half of our seals... I've gone back and forth more than one email already and it's gotten escalated. It's pretty simple. I bought the pally chest - I had planned on buying pally chest and arms... instead I only got the chest. That should mean I get 300 seals returned to me.

3 emails in it is now escalated. Did you tell them what happened?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options

I'm aware of that but I think cos they haven't updated my game the armor won't drop for me as I have done a lot of dungeons an not recieved a single piece nor do I know which dungeons in particular will drop the armor

I feel like you are confused (or i'm getting confused trying to understand your problem). I don't know why you think your game isn't updated? The collections text not being updated has nothing to do with your game actually being up to date.

The armor will drop when it drops. It's not a guaranteed drop. Nothing is a guaranteed drop really in this game. You run it over and over until you get what you want. Are you running Epic Temple of Spider? Elven will only drop in Epic dungeons to my knowledge as it is purple gear. If you are running non epic content you will get the old blue gear (alliance i think).

• Options
    Iv run a lot of epic dungeons an not seen any drop of elven gear I know it's a random drop but every part of my game says it can only be gotten from seal of the protector vendor so I have honestly no idea
  • Options

Probably the two best to try would be Epic Temple of the Spider and Castle Never.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

We are aware of players attempting to purchase Primal Gear and Seals of the Brave not accepting the current 50% off Seal Vendor discount. We are working on a fix for this issue but unfortunately will not be able to release the fix prior to the sale ending. We hope to have another Seal discount sale in the near future after the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

UPDATE NOTE: If you purchased any items with Seals of the Brave prior to the notification that the discount was not being applied correctly, please submit a ticket to Support so they may reimburse half the seals on items purchased.

Hi @nitocris83 it would be great if we can get a bit of warning before they deliver the x2 for Brave seals so we can alert our members. Has there been any news yet?

Thanks
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    chad#0696 chad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @terramak said:
    > Would very much depend upon how the fix needs to be deployed. In the event this fix requires client side changes/patch download this patch would have to go through console certification with MS and this in itself would take weeks hence not being possible during the current event.
    >
    > You've hit the nail on the head here. While the certification process is a lot faster than it used to be, this still involves a new build and enough test time that it'd be very risky to aim for a patch before the weekend. (Plus, I've got other fixes incoming for a build aiming toward the end of October - So those fixes also need to be tested in addition to the one we've made for this issue).
    >
    > While I can't promise that the timeline will stick (all sorts of things can go wrong in game development, and Murphy's Law tends to strike when promises are made), the goal internally is to ship a couple fixes on Halloween and have a make-up 50% Seals discount over the following weekend, starting Thursday, Nov. 2. Again, this timeline may change depending on what happens.
    >
    > I acknowledge that this was a mistake on our part, and we're doing what we can to get this build out without introducing even more issues.
    >
    > Side note: Since my mention of a new build is likely going to invite more questions: The build was mainly planned to get the Day of the Dungeon Master fixes for Accreditation caps to our console versions before the event starts in early November.

Is Cryptic still planning on a make-up 50% off seals of the brave event for Nov 2nd? I haven't seen any announcements on the subject and I've been saving seals since the first bugged out seal event. Also, I've noticed a lot of October bugs being fixed on preview, when can we expect these changes to go live on consoles?
  • Options
    @nitocris83

Just so you are aware - your customer service refunded my seals, but I have multiple guild members who have not gotten their refund and the customer service response is that they are "unaware of the Seals event" and are repeatedly asking for proof of an event.

I don't know if you all are in the same building - but you probably should stop by and make sure the night crew got the same memo as the day crew,
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    @nitocris83 it's been nearly 3 weeks, is there an update on when we can expect the event?

• Options
    rafibar#1271 rafibar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still waiting for the relaunch as promised of the seals of the brave sale, don't want to spend my hard worked seal before you make any announcement, please clear this up.
  • Options
    @armadeonx @rafibar#1271

Heard a rumor that on PS4 it's this upcoming weekend, but haven't found any confirmation anywhere.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

@armadeonx @rafibar#1271

Heard a rumor that on PS4 it's this upcoming weekend, but haven't found any confirmation anywhere.

It's in the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance.
  • Options
    Ah cool - 2nd Nov - thanks :smiley:

• Options
    zephyriah said:

ravenskya said:

@armadeonx @rafibar#1271

It's in the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance.
    Yup just saw that - thank you

This discussion has been closed.