test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    My Dragonborn wings and tail are missing!

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

@Devs how about finally unlocking an extra belt slot or two bound to hotkeys keys 9 or 0 or mapable
    so we can have 4 or 5 quickslots ...

its is very buggy/ annoying for gameplay having so few belt slots ... we have tons of slots for bag space but not many for quick slot use items ..

also its very buggy when inventory is getting mired and stuck and cluttered with artificial huge long cool down locks on trinkets /clickyies etc in the belt/ quick inv slot and you cant swap anything around ...fine let the item be on cool down but in your inventory instead

this also breaks your characters loadout swap system ...as previously stated ..

and with little free slots in which to place useful immediate combat action stuff in it would be really helpful if these issues were fixed /

We don't have that many button combinations on our controllers.... just sayin
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

#1 Rain of Arrows misses the target if you don’t hit it with the centre of the AoE.

Just fixed this, YIPPEE!!!
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Encounter powers used by the Devoted Cleric have 3 different version of each power: Normal, Divinity, and Empowered. When sent to the combat log Divinity Divine Glow is logged as "Divine Glow - Divinity", however, no other power shares this trait.

It is vital for detailed weapon enchantment comparisons to have each power that has a different base damage coefficient have its own individual name in the combat log. Optimally, all devoted cleric encounter powers should be logged as:

<Power Name>
    <Power Name> - Divinity
    <Power Name> - Empowered 1
    <Power Name> - Empowered 2
    <Power Name> - Empowered 3

However, just the fix for consistency with all powers having a " - Divinity" version would be a huge step up.

The particularly important powers for the separation of empowered values are:

Daunting Light
    Chains of Blazing Light
    Forgemaster's Flame
    Searing Light
    Break the Spirit

Also, Prophecy of Doom is logged as "Doom!", which can easily confuse people, and seems like a joke rather than an intended feature.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Red Monster AoEs:
    I am sure there are more examples then just the 1 I am giving, but the runes placed by runecasters in FBI do not have a visible red circle. This makes it very difficult to see them. Prior to mod 12 they did have a red circle which leads me to believe this was an unintended side effect of whatever change was made to the graphics.
  • Options
    sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

#2 Rain of Swords does not aim where you hover the cursor, but where the character is facing. Here you can see that I miss the target because I am not

This should now be based on the cursor direction.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Not sure but looks like a bug weapon of light from DO and Ac can stack in general feats from same class dont stack
    unless I'm mistaken

there is a current issue with powersharing giving to players way more power than it should.
    a dc supposed to give 59% for example and a paladin 25%
    yet we see power like this :

because it multiprocs with bonding stone.

if this is intended we should know about it or maybe then fix it .

• Options
    xdeadshot2xxdeadshot2x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    TR bugs:

1. Stealth doesnt recharge when killed under effect or Lurkers Assault with Soulforged AE equipped.

2. ITC doesnt activate if pressed during dodging or soon after it. It goes on cooldown without activation effect.

3. Duelists Flurry when 2 or more TRs are present only one stack bleeding. Check if there is any mixing so we can be sure.

4. Shadowborn Executioner Feat:
    This feat states that it is buffing our next attack, however any damage is calculated as the next attack including at will hits, Bleed ticks or Smoke Bomb ticks. Due to this, it is wasted most of the time.

5. All TR Crowd Control Effects:
    Crowd control effects gamewide are supposed to grant combat advantage against the afflicted target. The Daze from dazing strike is currently the only TR control effect that grants combat advantage. All other TR CCs fail to grant combat advantage.

6. When SoD procs at the same time of other damage, damage of SoD dont show in video or in combat log.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The half off seals event doesn't include seals of the brave even though it says it does.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    edited October 2017
    ravenskya said:

The half off seals event doesn't include seals of the brave even though it says it does.

This is probably what you are looking for
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235307/console-seals-of-the-brave-seal-discount

• Options
    edited October 2017

there is a current issue with powersharing giving to players way more power than it should.

I'm not sure "multiprocs" is the right way to word that. What happens is that power sharing with allies includes companions, and then your companions now have 58% or 25% of your power. Currently on live, this then shares back 285% of 58% or 25% (so 165% or 71%) of your power back on the owner of the bonding runestones. I mentioned before that Anointed Army was nerfed back with the DC rework with what looked like the acceptance of this bug, regardless of how broken it looked to players.

I will note that removing the bug without other actions is an extremely large nerf to the Anointed Champion paragon path.
    As much as I would like to see this interaction removed for good, I highly advise caution in how it is done.

I understand your point of view but here devs asked to to report bugs. Multiproc maybe is not the right word yes but at the end
    the result is the same.
    and we need to clarify as to whats going on,

otherwise we might as well leave the old SoD for tr too because it hurts that class also as an example.

AA change had to do with the buff stayed even if the ally lost all 4 spheres also it was giving 100% damage immunity and not the powershare, at least that is how i remember it.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I'm not sure "multiprocs" is the right way to word that. What happens is that power sharing with allies includes companions, and then your companions now have 58% or 25% of your power. Currently on live, this then shares back 285% of 58% or 25% (so 165% or 71%) of your power back on the owner of the bonding runestones. I mentioned before that Anointed Army was nerfed back with the DC rework with what looked like the acceptance of this bug, regardless of how broken it looked to players.

I will note that removing the bug without other actions is an extremely large nerf to the Anointed Champion paragon path.
    As much as I would like to see this interaction removed for good, I highly advise caution in how it is done.

I understand your point of view but here devs asked to to report bugs. Multiproc maybe is not the right word yes but at the end
    the result is the same.

otherwise we might as well leave the old SoD for tr too because it hurts that class also as an example.

AA change had to do with the buff stayed even if the ally lost all 4 spheres also it was giving 100% damage immunity and not the powershare, at least that is how i remember it.
    Sadly, I think you missed the point of my comment. I was trying to help clarify your extremely vague bug report. I wasn't arguing or stating that it shouldn't be fixed, as a matter of fact, I have asked about it at least twice already, including on the Reddit AMA where it was downvoted until it my question was hidden.

Also, AA was nerfed from 50% power share to 33% power share during the DC rework along with the changes to the orb up-time, this is what I was referring to.

• Options

the result is the same.

Sadly, I think you missed the point of my comment. I was trying to help clarify your extremely vague bug report. I wasn't arguing or stating that it shouldn't be fixed, as a matter of fact, I have asked about it at least twice already, including on the Reddit AMA where it was downvoted until it my question was hidden.

Also, AA was nerfed from 50% power share to 33% power share during the DC rework along with the changes to the orb up-time, this is what I was referring to.
    I didn't say the opposite and thank you for your help. It would be nice to clear this up and hopefully get an answer:)
  • Options
    niszdog#4897 niszdog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Bug:<font color="red">Guild repositories will not let members deposit items if they do not have permission to withdraw unlimited items as well.</font>
    Post edited by niszdog#4897 on
  • Options
    strykr75601strykr75601 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Bug: Vampiric Embrace for SW does not give Temp HP from Curse Synergy feature.
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

the result is the same.

I didn't say the opposite and thank you for your help. It would be nice to clear this up and hopefully get an answer:)
    I don't see where you can see a bug... Just because you had 300K+ power?
    Need more details, what was the group build? What is you class? witch powers do you used?....
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Bug: Vampiric Embrace for SW does not give Temp HP from Curse Synergy feature.

I believe this has already been fixed.

Vampiric Embrace does not provide temp hp on my SW with Curse Consume. Not sure when it stopped providing Temp HP as it isn't a power I have used regularly. I know it works for other SWs but just not for me and some others.

Scourge Warlock's Vampiric Embrace now correctly adds Temp HP with Curse Consume.
    reference: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12993062

You can view a summary of all the bugs that have already been fixed here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235050/unofficial-october-bugfix-dev-response-compilation

• Options
    edited October 2017
    brewald said:

the result is the same.

I don't see where you can see a bug... Just because you had 300K+ power?
    Need more details, what was the group build? What is you class? witch powers do you used?....

The power goes to companion ( and player). That power multiply with the bonding gift and transfers to you.
    That way the player gain more power than dc and op offers .

IN the screenshot the classes were op-dc-sw-gf-tr. The max power was 350k but screenshot able to catch when was 326k.

IF We have 59% (dc)from 50k base and 25%( op) from 50k base
    then we have 39k+25k=64k power
    lets say the player gone 250k power
    dps has 80k current power then :
    80+64=144k
    104000 power from where it came ?

Because many think that AA should buff the companion too which is fine,
    we need to remember that they changed the underdark rings to not give buffed power stats to the player.
    So since AA is buff too it should not proc in multiples from companion to the player
    but if the devs have different opinion thats another story.

I dont want to get into a debate about it and thats why I asked if its a bug. For some it looks like one, for others it doesnt. Devs will have the final word.

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

There are many kinds of marks that can be applied from many sources
    Are these nerf requests or do you have any evidence that there are bugs with how hard marks and other marks interact?

They are nerf requests. Threatening Rush and Primary Mark RB/ Tab stack because they are 2 Separate Marks. Unless thats a bug, (Which it probably is not) it's intentional for both Agro and Damage.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    dogis#8617 dogis Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    As i can see they changed description of "Soul Sight Crystal", would it be self buff ? ((((
    Thank you.
  • Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Hey so I know the devs asked for more info on which HR offhand artifact class feature bonus' aren't working right.

It's really hard to find any info about really any of them on the internet, but the last time I asked that question, the answer I got was "basically all of them."

I know you already fixed the one we all actually use (Aspect of the Pack), so thanks on that!

The other ones I have details on are mostly...they may or may not be bugged, but they're sure as hamster awful.
    • Aspect of the Falcon: May or may not be bugged, but if you actually attack from beyond 70' range, your companion will run back to your side and stop attacking, which renders this beyond useless.
    • Aspect of the Lone Wolf: May or may not be bugged, but 5% DR is not nearly enough to make a meaningful difference to a glass cannon class.
    • Aspect of the Serpent: Works AFAIK, but, at 3/8 effectiveness of the AotP bonus and with less uptime, no one will ever use it.
    • Blade Storm: Last I asked I was told it had no effect. Apparently it used to work, and even then, it was increasing Blade Storm from a 25% chance to deal 20% dmg to a 25% chance to deal 25% dmg, which, again, is too low of an impact to ever be used.
    • Stormstep Action: 150 recovery? really? 0.375% CDR?
    • Twin-Blade Storm: Works AFAIK, but is 1/4 as effective as AotP's bonus, and basically only Archers use TBS anyway.
    • Battlehoned: trolololol +100 regeneration
    • Pathfinder's Action: works AFAIK. PFA needs to last longer for anyone to use it, but this bonus is fine?
    • Cruel Recovery: This bonus is better than the feature, but would require 200 crits to heal you to full, which is hilarious and meaningless given that if any of those 200 crits lifesteal you'll instantly heal for 4x your hp.
    • Crushing Roots: 15% control bonus is entirely meaningless given that Grasping Roots is removed by dealing 1x weapon dmg to its target
    • Seeker's Vengeance: absolutely no idea. Now that this feature is fixed I'll absolutely test this bonus.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017

plavia said:

Shadow of Demise (SoD) - This capstone in Executioner tree doesn't register the owner correctly. If more than one TR applies SoD to the same target only one TR gets the credit for the damage. Also, during the SoD 6 seconds up time, some damage is not calculated in. For example, weapon enchantment except Vorpal and damage from Aura of Courage.

Shadow of Demise now works properly with multiple rogues.
    If y'all know of any other powers that don't play well with others, let me know so I may look into these as well.
    @ctatumdev#6113

Ty for the SOD owner bug fix, the PVE TR community will probably want to kiss you for this fix XD. I know many people who have expressed their annoyance with that bug in the past.

There is indeed another power that does not play well with others. I have included an exerpt from my page 21 post on TR bugs; this is not the only issue with DF me and other players have mentioned on this thread so if you could look into fixing those as well, much appreciated:

TR at will power, duelist's flurry:

"It is unclear whether or not the bleeds are separated from those of other TRs. The single bleed stacks icon that appears above a target would imply that multiple TRs attacking the same target are somehow sharing the same bleed stacks."
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Unnecessary ricochet graphics from spear throwing critters. The spear itself is not ricocheting as the graphics show it sticks in me (the target) yet there is a continuation graphic effect of streaking graphics going all over the place when there is a mob of them which surely must add to lag.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2017

The exclamation point above NPC's indicating there is a quest to pick up does not show when you are over-leveled for the area.
    Not sure on all the exact specifics, maybe someone with more detail can comment, but with alts that have been power-leveled, when i go to a pre-70 area to complete it, i have to talk to every NPC to see if there's a quest. Ran around Pirates skyhold for 30 minutes trying to figure out where the next quest was. Hopefully this isn't a WAI punishment for power leveling alts? :p

I think it may be after you complete the first quest, which does show the exclamation point, the next quests are not visually indicated.

Those icons don't show up if you're too far above the zone's intended level range. IIRC, this is intentional, a change they implemented at some point, but I always thought it was pointless and bad form. Most of my characters skipped many leveling zones, but I've thought at times about going back and getting them done for the sake of completeness. This "feature" has been enough to discourage me from bothering.

Please restore the quest-giver icons in zones below your level. Turning off the icons if over-leveled is confusing and pointless enough to border on being a bug.
This discussion has been closed.