test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'd like to see bunches of Enchanted keys in final Dungeon Chest(s)

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
10, 20 or 40 enchanted keys Maybe 5% chance to get. Just sayin'.

Comments

• Options
    hahahahaha
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Yes. That would be lovely. So would having a chance at Transcendant enchants dropping from epic chests, as well as legendary mounts, and packs of 30 companion tokens.

All great ideas - if you can explain to the devs and their overlords in China how they will replace the lost revenue.

I can't - no freaking clue.
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    [insert P.T. Barnum quote here]
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

We already get packs of 32 companion tokens and Legendary Mounts. in 2012, Rank 6 enchants were the highest drops, Now we can get Rank 9s and Miniscule chance of Rank 10s. Rank 12s should be around in 2-3 years.

The company got greedy when they started dropping 2 and now 3 lockboxes on a single combat. Only the foolish will spend the money to buy 500-1000 keys/month.

You're misreading the post. It doesn't say lockboxes - it says chests...for which an enchanted key is not needed.

This thread is about an alternative that would allow a player to access keys w/o spending RW $$$. I added my 2 cents about other cool things that could be added to the fantastical list.

...unless you've actually had the experience of getting a legendary mount from an epic chest at the end of a dungeon (Beholder Tank aside). If you have please do tell.
  • Options

We already get packs of 32 companion tokens and Legendary Mounts. in 2012, Rank 6 enchants were the highest drops, Now we can get Rank 9s and Miniscule chance of Rank 10s. Rank 12s should be around in 2-3 years.

The company got greedy when they started dropping 2 and now 3 lockboxes on a single combat. Only the foolish will spend the money to buy 500-1000 keys/month.

You're misreading the post. It doesn't say lockboxes - it says chests...for which an enchanted key is not needed.

This thread is about an alternative that would allow a player to access keys w/o spending RW $$$. I added my 2 cents about other cool things that could be added to the fantastical list.

...unless you've actually had the experience of getting a legendary mount from an epic chest at the end of a dungeon (Beholder Tank aside). If you have please do tell.
    See, you don't get it. The Devs began with Lockboxes dropping in about 1 in 4 combats. Now it's about 1 in 3 and some combats can yield 3 lockboxes [as a marketing ploy to get people to buy more lockbox keys]. Many have VIP which allows 1 key per account per day. If you play a lot you could get 30-50 lockboxes in one day (900.month) Even at a 15-20% discount that still is very expensive and most lockboxes [which are one of the few items automatically picked up treasure items like coins] are just gathe
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Lockboxes do have a fairly high chance to drop, but your entire thread seems to come from a perspective of, "if it's in my inventory, I feel obligated to open it".

Sell or discard the ones you don't want. They are utterly disposable.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    You also have to understand that this is a Wizards of the Coast franchise. Think Magic: the Gathering if you want to understand why the RNG plays such a big role in this game. Buy a pack of cards for $3, maybe you'll get a rare... (Heh, yeah M:tG was $3/pack around 3rd edition in the early 90s)
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yes it would be awesome if they dropped keys however it would destroy the market on the lockbox contents. Orange mounts have already dropped by 50% ad cost in the past few months. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want the prices to be through the roof but I DO still want it to be an exciting, rewarding, AND challanging achievement to get an orange mount.

I stripped my character of enchantments and sold them all to acquire my orange mounts, then rebuilt them over time.

The only way something like this would work would be a single key drop at like a 0.005% chance lol
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

and packs of 30 companion tokens.

Actually, you can already get companion tokens from dungeon chest.

• Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I'm still a new player, but there's more options than spending RW money for keys. I haven't had to spend RW for keys by using the AD exchange and VIP. I like the idea of keys dropping though. I haven't found anything in the game yet where a player is forced to spend money for something that they can't get through playing the game...it may cost a lot of game time and game currencies, but it can be got. It seems most people wanna rush their toons to the top quickly....yeah it would be nice, but then what?

I do think it would be cool to get 1 to 5 enchanted keys as a reward sometimes when the xp bars are filled....10 keys would be even better, but 1 to 5 would be good.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I would no tmind seeing a single key drop once in a while, but I think it would not help if too many drop over time. The reason some items are valued from the lock boxes is because they are rare. If too many keys are given out, then many more "rare" items begin to show on the AH, the value will drop significantly. If this happened then the whole reward feeling you get when you do open a box will go away. Thus lower the excitement for folks in the end.
  • Options

Lockboxes do have a fairly high chance to drop, but your entire thread seems to come from a perspective of, "if it's in my inventory, I feel obligated to open it".

Sell or discard the ones you don't want. They are utterly disposable.

Sell - forget it - AH price 1 AD each, WB price 200 AD each, real value varies with lockbox, but could be millions of AD. The vendor price is 8 cp. Some lockbox items have been ffered for the unreasonable price of 100 million AD, other Legendary and epic itms have sold for up to 20 Million AD. In a few AH items there is a brisk trade with willing buyers and willing sellers. AH trade slacks off if the price is too high. Too many players have too many lockboxes because they are pickup on being nearby.

The BEST solution is to cut the number of lockbox drops to a maximum of 20-30 a day per main character and 5 per alt per day. The second best option is to PENALIZE the lowball sellers 200AD for selling under the WB price. The third best option is to cut the key price to a standard of 40-50 Zen. Another option is to sell lockbox keys for 10 Tradebars each. For every 2 lockboxes you open you could afford approximately 1 key.
  • Options
    issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    little related to the thread but oh well
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/v1lzn2/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-amazing-raise
    skip to 2:45

that aside - free to play games also have to earn money somewhere - so it needs some sort of advertisement. ''oh i see you have 3254 boxes you cant open - it would be a shame to discard them - worry not, you're just in luck cus i got tons of keys - and today is your lucky day becase they are only 1.25$ per piece''
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • Options
    kacezet said:

and packs of 30 companion tokens.

Actually, you can already get companion tokens from dungeon chest.

Thanks, I haven't done that dungeon and didn't know that.
  • Options

I would no tmind seeing a single key drop once in a while, but I think it would not help if too many drop over time. The reason some items are valued from the lock boxes is because they are rare. If too many keys are given out, then many more "rare" items begin to show on the AH, the value will drop significantly. If this happened then the whole reward feeling you get when you do open a box will go away. Thus lower the excitement for folks in the end.

I was thinking 15 million plays, 1 chance in 1000, 10000 or 100000 = 15,000 10 key winners, 1500 20 key wnners and 150 40 key winners. That's for 15 MILLION dungeon runs. The announcements will get players to finish more dungeons. Just like the Legendary Mount & Companion announcements.
  • Options
    isssssho said:

little related to the thread but oh well
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/v1lzn2/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-amazing-raise
    skip to 2:45

that aside - free to play games also have to earn money somewhere - so it needs some sort of advertisement. ''oh i see you have 3254 boxes you cant open - it would be a shame to discard them - worry not, you're just in luck cus i got tons of keys - and today is your lucky day becase they are only 1.25$ per piece''

By the way, the above advertisement would make you known as a "Goldspammer". If you sent it out.

The Zen store already has that advertisement and also offers coupons for 1 key for 75 Zen, 10 and 20 packs of keys with or without armor items for a 15% discount to 106 Zen per key and weekend 15% discount to 106 Zen per Key. 125 Zen is $1.25.
  • Options
    loki#6920 loki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think the keys should be put into the bag automatically, no logging in. Getting VIP if you grind it takes forever, if you spend real money and don't log in you lose the key for the day. That is totally not cool. I'm old with kids and that is just ripping people off by making them log in everyday. Not all of us can do that daily. If one pays real money for keys its basically a buck a key right now so if someone gets sick for 14 days they just got jacked 14 bucks in my opinion. This should be fixed asap because its not right.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    loki#6920 said:

I think the keys should be put into the bag automatically, no logging in. Getting VIP if you grind it takes forever, if you spend real money and don't log in you lose the key for the day. That is totally not cool. I'm old with kids and that is just ripping people off by making them log in everyday. Not all of us can do that daily. If one pays real money for keys its basically a buck a key right now so if someone gets sick for 14 days they just got jacked 14 bucks in my opinion. This should be fixed asap because its not right.

Except that as things are the key part of a player's motivation to log in daily. Which is what Cryptic wants: players logging in daily.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    loki#6920 said:

OK to do if you have only 1 character. What about 3 keys/alt/day automatically based on a time certain date all btc? That would unleash a lot more lockbox stuff into the game. New characters/bots would be out of luck when the change launched the few who were told about it before launch (and their friends/guildies) could be 'big brothered' for a flurry of 'new' characters/bots suddenly opened before launch.
  • Options
    loki#6920 said:

I like the auto keys, but which character? I guess it doesn't matter as after you open the lockbox you can move the non-tradebar reward to any of your alts.

I agree about losing keys if sick, my Hard drive failed and I lost about a month of gaming from Christmas Eve to the end of January.
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Let's be serious here, keys are probably the main source of this game's income, so no.
  • Options

I like the auto keys, but which character? I guess it doesn't matter as after you open the lockbox you can move the non-tradebar reward to any of your alts.

You can move the trade bars into your shared bank space.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    loki#6920 said:

The cost of one month VIP (30 keys) is the cost of 10 keys (1000 Zen) in the Zen store. If there is no string attach, nobody will buy enchanted key at all. So, yes, the requirement of the 'discount' is you need to login everyday. You won't get jacked $14, you get jacked by $10/30 * 14 = $4.67 if the key is all you want from VIP.
    Even if you miss 14 days, it is still a better deal than 1000 Zen for 10 keys.

If you buy VIP for 6 months, it would be 28 cents per day or as low as 14 cents per day with 50% discount.

VIP is mainly for other reasons and the keys are 'thrown in' IMO.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I hear the arguments but this is always going to fall on the side that you're not paying for keys. You're paying for a service and the keys are a log-in bonus. This argument is as old as can be. Don't spend cash on VIP. You won't feel burned when you don't log-in.

If you log-in, get your key, but then don't play are you going to complain that you didn't use the VIP travel sign/bank that day and want a refund on that too?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I hear the arguments but this is always going to fall on the side that you're not paying for keys. You're paying for a service and the keys are a log-in bonus. This argument is as old as can be. Don't spend cash on VIP. You won't feel burned when you don't log-in.

If you log-in, get your key, but then don't play are you going to complain that you didn't use the VIP travel sign/bank that day and want a refund on that too?

Well, I don't know how the others treat VIP. I got VIP because of its service and yes, the enchanted keys are thrown in for me because I don't open lockbox much and my key count is over 400 and keeps growing. I did say IMO. And yes, I would still get VIP if there is no enchanted keys.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @plasticbat I treat VIP the same as you (except I use my keys). It's there for services not for keys. I had to start over once because my wife and I were sharing an an XBL account at one point and then got another XB. Those first few days where I was grinding AD to get my VIP levels back up were the longest of my NW life. I could do without the keys. I can't do without my signpost or bank. Don't get me wrong, I love getting free keys. But, to me, they were never a guarantee. They were a log-in bonus.
  • Options
    eldeskal said:

You also have to understand that this is a Wizards of the Coast franchise. Think Magic: the Gathering if you want to understand why the RNG plays such a big role in this game. Buy a pack of cards for $3, maybe you'll get a rare... (Heh, yeah M:tG was $3/pack around 3rd edition in the early 90s)

Years ago at one of the last 2 GenCons in Milwaukee, I said, " Battletech is a game, Risk is a game, Naval miniatures is a game, D&D is a game. . . Magic. . . is a bunch of cards."
  • Options

Maybe, instead of limiting certain other items from dropping, ONLY the Main character can have 3 lockboxes drop a day and all the alts would be limited to 1 lockbox drop a day and all the other drops that would have been lockboxes turn into potions, runes/enchants, green armor, blue armor, Professions Resources, etc. This will not stop anyone from buying 250 lockboxes for 50,000 AD (or less).
  • Options
    And how is the game supposed to decide which of any given character stable is the main and which are alts? The way I see it I have a main CW, a main TR, a main GF, a main SW, a main OP, a main HR, a main GWF, a main DC, and an alt GWF.