test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Portobello Accreditation Cap - Update and Workaround

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

The issue of accreditation cap has eluded us for some time with attempts at addressing it not resolving the issue fully. We feel we have finally identified the root cause but do not have an ETA on when it will be resolved. In the meantime, we have a workaround that should help.

1. Check the Portobello's campaign for the Profession Tasks that give Accreditation
a.
b.
c.

2. AVOID the tasks it shows you in the Professions window!
a. The list view is fine

b. But when you click on it:

c. Those three Accreditation just counted toward your cap and they'll count again when you claim them - which means the game thinks you got 6 when you only got 3, effectively reducing your cap to 97 in Week 1.

3. If you still want those Accreditation, it's fine to view and run these tasks - Even with a lowered cap, it's still possible to get 400 Accreditation over the course of the event. Just be advised that each time you look at it, the cap is effectively lowered.

The weekly caps are:
• Week 1: 100
• Week 2: 200
• Week 3: 300
• Week 4: 400

The caps reset each week - if you start Week 2 with 100 Accreditation already saved up, you could get up to 300 total (100 from Week 1, and 200 from Week 2). So even if your Accreditation cap is lowered by this issue, you should still be able to finish the event.

We've currently got a fix in testing, so hopefully we can get a fix out soon. We hope this information helps in the meantime!

Comments

• Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    The lowest cap I had on a character was 38. I did the introduction quest and one trial of traps on her, others were zone contests and profession tasks (probably 5/5, but can't be sure). If this was the only cause, I should have hit the cap much later
  • Options
    molleafaussmolleafauss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Interesting, I am stuck at 88, but I never did any profession quest.

BUT

I did a few of the queues listed (as in normal, non Epic Dungeons) and did not get any accreditation for them. I thought because I did those dungeons as a lvl70 character.
    I did get Accreditations only the time the queue listed was one of the underdark skirmishes (Throne of The Dwarven God or The Prophecy of Madness, didn't check which one).

Interesting, I seems to recall I ran three times such queue (which would give ... 12 accreditations?) and I'm stuck at 88.
    88+12=100?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017

You don't have to have done the tasks, just viewed them. It sounds like it counts twice if you do it, but still once if you only viewed it. And if it adds up every time you view that profession task, welp... that's a lot of accreditation that didn't count.

Most of my characters, this is their third go 'round with this event, so I effectively have no more weekly caps.

As to the lowbie dungeons not counting, I think they're still trying to figure out why that happens. (Guys, I NEED to see what Flabbergast has to say on the notes for these. I don't care about the credits, only the campaign annotations.)

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Can we also get a fix to one of the Evaluation tasks not counting towards the 2 tasks you need to complete, that give you the daily 4 accreditations in the Burrow Dawn Inn? the Evaluator of Duels has not been counting since this event started last week.
  • Options
    molleafaussmolleafauss Member Posts: 5 Arc User

You don't have to have done the tasks, just viewed them. It sounds like it counts twice if you do it, but still once if you only viewed it. And if it adds up every time you view that profession task, welp... that's a lot of accreditation that didn't count.

Most of my characters, this is their third go 'round with this event, so I effectively have no more weekly caps.

As to the lowbie dungeons not counting, I think they're still trying to figure out why that happens. (Guys, I NEED to see what Flabbergast has to say on the notes for these. I don't care about the credits, only the campaign annotations.)

So, yea, it seems that looking at the queue is also enough. Did the Caverns of Kundarrax, which was one of the daily queues, now it's marking it completed but I got in at 123 and got out at 123 (unless the AA are in the chest which I didn't open because I didn't have a key).
  • Options
    edited September 2017

So, yea, it seems that looking at the queue is also enough. Did the Caverns of Kundarrax, which was one of the daily queues, now it's marking it completed but I got in at 123 and got out at 123 (unless the AA are in the chest which I didn't open because I didn't have a key).

I'm under the impression this is a separate issue. The dungeons frequently don't count at all. When they do work, you do not need to have used a key.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    With regard to the dungeon Heroic Feats of Heroism sometimes not giving credit, I was able to get credited for normal Spider on 7 characters yesterday before I ran out of steam. This was all solo runs.

Since the problem most often occurs in levelling dungeons and not epic ones, I suspect there may be a boss damage threshold players must meet to get credit. If someone else one-shots the boss or near enough, you get no Accreditation. When I was the only player present, I was unerringly able to get credit.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

Just be advised that each time you look at it, the cap is effectively lowered.

I had another thought. There's this thing where if you start a task on on character and the got to another character and collect results on any other task, it really briefly shows you the results of the last task you started on the previous character. Could this also count towards the accreditation cap?
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Aw F! I am stuck at 294. This sucks :(

When does the cap get removed? It doesn't reset with the regular Sunday stuff because I had this same problem last night. I was just too tired to look into it.

When you fix this can you also add something to the campaign window to make players aware of this cap? Like in the jungle campaign.

Thanks!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    karranor said:

When does the cap get removed? It doesn't reset with the regular Sunday stuff because I had this same problem last night. I was just too tired to look into it.

It updates with each week of the event (so Thursday to Thursday). When a new skirmish becomes available, the cap should increase.

Caps for characters that have been able to participate in the event previously should be prior progress+weekly cap.

You're already ahead of anyone trying to pack it all in this round.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User

karranor said:

It updates with each week of the event (so Thursday to Thursday). When a new skirmish becomes available, the cap should increase.

Caps for characters that have been able to participate in the event previously should be prior progress+weekly cap.

You're already ahead of anyone trying to pack it all in this round.

Ah ok thanks! Figured it was Sunday reset like the rest.

I have actually messed around on it for a couple years but was not really interested in finishing it due to lackluster rewards. However, it is the last campaign I need to finish so I figured I would grind through it. hehe

Thanks for the info!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options

Since the problem most often occurs in levelling dungeons and not epic ones, I suspect there may be a boss damage threshold players must meet to get credit. If someone else one-shots the boss or near enough, you get no Accreditation. When I was the only player present, I was unerringly able to get credit.

Thanks, tried it and got accreditation. I was "best of the worst". :)