test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day of the Dungeon Master Accreditation ISSUE

gianextgianext Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I'm stuck on 91 accreditation. Unsolicited advice told me to try next week, so I tried today, on Monday. That didn't change anything. If I can't keep 100 accreditation every week, the event will be over before I reach 400 to get max prizes. Please look into this as I know there were similar issues on PS4 and XBox in May.
Thanks!
GiaNa@gianext

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! We are looking into what new things may be happening since the issue was resolved from a prior time the event ran :(
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    I have same issue on some alts i'm working up this around, stuck at 76, another guildy is stuck at 79. We have unhappy grinders.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    I'm stuck at 52.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    It's not as bad as them, mine is stuck at 97.
  • galwaytazalangalwaytazalan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I just got one and my toon is at 85. So there would technically be no way to get to 400, except the last week by doing 115 accred or week 2, but what if the cap reappears, since 85+100=185, so I would be capped 2nd week as well and third week.

Also I have not been given credit for doing any of the dungeon que daily events for brown nosers as they called you (for example Temple of the Spider or Castle Never for 9/25/2017). I don't remember what it was for 9/24 but I got no credit even after running it 3 times, that cost me AD for the chest keys.

I have only recently joined the game to augment playing STO another pwe/cryptic/arc product which has its share of bugs and lack of help with issues like this from the devs.

Can anyone help, don't want to do this 4 week event and end up 15 points short, might as well blow the event off for any toon capped before 100.
    There is a bug thread about this. Not sure how many are affected.
    Well another toon on a different acct also got capped at 85. Could you post the bug thread link?
    I have seen it cap at 85 for a pal/hunt/gwf/gf, in case it is specific to a class, 70/60/70/61 level. Since it happen acrossed 2 accounts I had, it is something. Only thing I can think of also, is that it has something to do with the daily que of dungeons to do. Most of my toons have had 1 or more dungeon runs not count even when repeated up to 4 times in same day and the next the same thing. So the ? also is the system not showing peoples total points including the dungeons they didn't get a accred points for (but the system did award AD so it was viewed as complete)

Very frustrating running dungeons, using up consumables (potions, kits - for the trap filled dungeons, KEYS at up to 2500 AD, since you use it up on the first run and buy it again for 2,3, and so on in the runs.)
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Buy a watler meanwhile the accreditation from watler passes the limit.

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    gianext said:

I'm stuck on 91 accreditation. Unsolicited advice told me to try next week, so I tried today, on Monday. That didn't change anything. If I can't keep 100 accreditation every week, the event will be over before I reach 400 to get max prizes. Please look into this as I know there were similar issues on PS4 and XBox in May.
    Thanks!
    GiaNa@gianext

In terms of Day Of The Dungeon Master, "next week" does not mean server weekly rollover on Monday, it means the second week of the event, when the second skirmish unlocks and when the accreditation limit raises. This means Thursday after maintenance.
  • gianextgianext Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

gianext said:

Thanks!
    GiaNa@gianext

In terms of Day Of The Dungeon Master, "next week" does not mean server weekly rollover on Monday, it means the second week of the event, when the second skirmish unlocks and when the accreditation limit raises. This means Thursday after maintenance.
    Yes, I am aware of that. My thinking was just that since I noticed it over the weekend, I might as well wait until Monday to see if the issue was resolved on its own before complaining. But since it remained, I pointed it out so it could be checked.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    How many Adventuring Accreditation is it that you can earn in a week? The way I recall it they changed it last time so that you could earn 100 per week, no matter what you started with. So if you started with 0 you could get to 100 in week 1, 200 in week 2, ect. And if you started with say 257, you could get to 357 in week 1.

I'm asking because I started the event with 141 Adventuring Accreditation which means I should be able to get to 241 before getting Unsolicited Advice telling me I can't earn more. But I just hit 198 and I got that one. Tried to do a footrace just to check if it was true I couldn't get more and yes it was.
    So... what's the rules for this? Am I remembering it wrong?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • vulpasvulpasvulpasvulpas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Just hit the accreditation limit on my Lvl 70 TR who is doing this event for the first time. Managed to get a Whole 46 accreditations before I was locked out,

If you add this bug to the fact that some of the leveling dungeons randomly do not give accreditation. example I ran 5 characters through Temple of the Spider yesterday, only 4 got credits. And the fact that Shores of Tuern skirmish no longer exists, its EPIC shores of Tuern now !!!!, what chance do you actually have of getting to 400 accreditation over the 28 days of this event unless you are willing to grind the event dungeons and have time to wait for the various contests to pop.

This is not a new event folks, it should be relatively bug free by now not getting new and very annoying bugs added to it.
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I think (if I remember) that week 1 was 100, week 2 200, week 3 300, week 4 400, so someone could farm the last week, but I saw on the forum that there appears to be a bug (not sure if this is part of it)
    I agree on the bug free, it is another lack of Q/A before putting the product out, no offense meant to the devs, but I see the same issues with Star Trek Online a game also by the same original company and now under the ARC umbrella.

I have been trying to think just what they can do to fix this mess. They could do it the "easy" way out fix, by those who have more than lets say 10 accred, automatically are pushed to 100 for the first week, maybe even the 2nd week (or at least until they find the bug - which should have been noticed when they tested the new code) or raise it from 10 to 50 or something else, the problem is that with people scattered all over in terms of where they were stopped, there is no easy way to know what to set it at. A more grind for the player solution, is to add one week to the game or a few days and hope you get all 400 pts. Another, simply remove the cap on the last week and even if you go past 400, you get nothing for going past (special reward at 450 or 500/600/700 or whatever would not be there so you would be grinding for nothing).

In Star Trek Online (STO) they use to do beta test days where they gave out special one of a kind items that you could never find on the exchange (auction house) or trade from others. It wasn't anything that caused those players to have a major edge over others like a new starship or skill. Now maybe the devs still want to but ARC is preventing them from doing it or they aren't given the dev hours to create that special prize. Another issue is that you could find players who just sat in the testing shard (server) who were afk and they got their 2 hours in that way. Instead have people run the new items in special instances, events or whatever that you then can verify they tested the new stuff. Give out small "gifts". Perhaps Astral Diamonds, currency for the newest content, free enchanted keys for lockboxes however don't give out things like 1 gold or one enchantment, it has to be of meaning to players to get them. Another option is to have tested this event 5 weeks ago and those who partake in the 4 weeks maybe get a token that gives them 200 to start (1/2 reduction) or given a pass to skip the event but still get the rewards (but only if they finished it on the test server - or give whatever they earned on the test server - except for the loot which would be an issue) or reduce the number somehow as a way to say thanks and you won't have to redo these past 4-5 weeks yet again, after all this event is a grinder and with no way to skip some of the videos or pauses a time waster (don't worry this is an issue STO has had for a long time and still hasn't been changed or they make it so the game starts in 30-50 seconds and those new can read the event notes or watch the intro vid or both.

I want to say I have found NWN to seem more alive than STO environments. However some of those irks in STO are found duplicated here. STO money pull is from Starships and lockboxes. NWN it is wards, mounts, comp., items, INVENTORY SPACE, and so on and so it is much more money driven. sure you can buy some on the auction house, but first you need to have astral diamonds and to get that you would need to have done a great deal of grind/grind/grind over weeks and/or found people to buy all the gear you get on run. Also you usually have to return to the protective enclave for mail and bank services (unless you have been a VIP for so long and have those items as if they werer portable altars.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Well another toon on a different acct also got capped at 85. Could you post the bug thread link?

I dunno about the bug, but the 4th week is always uncapped. You can earn all 400 that week if you need to

edited September 2017
    I'm wondering if the bug is related to the Heroic Feats of Heroism bonus. I only ran one Heroism dungeon and it didn't give me any points. Maybe it's counting them towards the limit but not towards the campaign reward.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    So two of my alts hit their limit also, one is at 38, the other at 48 (got one accreditation and two notices from her final crafting task).
    Said that the fix was not included in this week. What I have decided to do is "keep" the unsolicited advice, as I can see them saying trade them in for accreditation, so I have gone back and make sure each toon (which means all of my toons) that couldn't get to 100, have enough of these advice items to get me to 100 since I have a feeling they aren't going to patch the problem but do a buyout/exchange instead for those with the unsol. advice items.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Ah, bug. I see. *sigh*
    No mention of it in the patch either. Okay, maybe not the most serious bug in the game, but still annoying. I really want to complete the event this time around since I actually have time to play these weeks, but who knows if I'll be able :/
    Ah well.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    For those wondering about the accreditation issue, please see the following update:
    Portobello Accreditation Cap Update and Workaround