test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ToA (M12) Launch Week Feedback Thread

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Welcome to Chult! This thread will serve to gather any feedback related to bugs or issues you encounter during your journey to and on Chult during the first week of launch. Please provide as many details as possible, including repro steps if available.

This thread will be closed on 9/18.

Comments

• Options
    ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    So looks like Encounter powers arent proccing along with Dreadtheft on SW anymore... Care to comment???? Grrrrrr
  • Options
    gsw0utlaw#1358 gsw0utlaw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    SOD on the TR is not working as intended. The stealth bar decreases with damage received.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I've escalated the enemy/rock issue and the SW and TR reports. Thanks!
  • Options
    bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I found a bug. I got disconnected in a cutseen in the place just before the town where I had to run from the t-rex and now i am super zoomed in and all I can see is the back of my person. I know it is a bug as well because it is only this hero. The rest have the camera out where it should be. I tried to restart, get into a spot where my camera is forced to change nothing fixes it and most of my screen is now blocked by my hero making it so I can't really do or see anything. Even fighting and moving is really hard.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    ennileah said:

So looks like Encounter powers arent proccing along with Dreadtheft on SW anymore... Care to comment???? Grrrrrr

It is normal (unfortunately). This has been patched on PC as well (I think it is somewhere in the patch notes).
    Don't expect any compensation....
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @bladedge12 said:
    > I found a bug. I got disconnected in a cutseen in the place just before the town where I had to run from the t-rex and now i am super zoomed in and all I can see is the back of my person. I know it is a bug as well because it is only this hero. The rest have the camera out where it should be. I tried to restart, get into a spot where my camera is forced to change nothing fixes it and most of my screen is now blocked by my hero making it so I can't really do or see anything. Even fighting and moving is really hard.

Did you try zooming out? With this mod we have a zoom function now. Try pressing the back button and using thr right joystick.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    > @ennileah said:
    > So looks like Encounter powers arent proccing along with Dreadtheft on SW anymore... Care to comment???? Grrrrrr

Probably due to the new game mechanics. I noticed my encounters werent proccing when i was partially paralized...

• Options
    Overall im very impressed with the mod... gg. I love the new zoom function. Questing is much better than previous mods. Enjoying the new journal. Its a lil confusing at first due to the new mechanics, but overall very good job. However i fear the upcoming changes will make this mod impossible for average players....

• Options
    Only bug ive witnessed so far is in the port. Where the test dummies are in the docks. The dummies are pulling aggro from the mounted guards within the port. Several instances had a large mob of npcs attacking them. This kept pulling me into combat mod kicking from my bank, mailbox, etc... this shouldnt happen in the port at all...

• Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Rare creatures quest seems to be bugged and will not complete always. After taking the quest and killing a T-Rex, receiving the blue drop, quest did not complete on second character the way it did on first character. I had to mail the blue drop to myself to get the quest to complete. I was in a group of 2, both players had this issue. On my first character, I was not in a group.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    > @ennileah said:
    > So looks like Encounter powers arent proccing along with Dreadtheft on SW anymore... Care to comment???? Grrrrrr

Sorry, meant to put at wills and KF...
  • Options
    > @werdandi#8366 said:
    >
    > It is normal (unfortunately). This has been patched on PC as well (I think it is somewhere in the patch notes).
    > Don't expect any compensation....

I couldnt see it in the notes! Only thing under SW was the friendly fire damage change on TC
  • Options
    If youre referring being able to cast atwills and some encounters while under the effects of dreadtheft, that wasnt wai. Last i heard they werent actually dealing damage. But showed the visuals. Glad its fixed... one thing to remember about playing sw, dont rely on broken mechanics... they do get fixed.

• Options
    Yeah but at least let us know its been changed..thats my point here. I cant see anything of a dreadtheft change in the xbox patch notes
  • Options
    And the difference in my numbers since has proved it was giving out damage before the patch
  • Options
    There were several other changes that occurred that might be responsible for your changed damage numbers. One thing we all learn about Patch notes is that not everything gets listed. This happens every mod... just be thankful that Julia actually rewrites them for us now and they arent a direct copy/paste from pc...

• Options
    On Xbox load screen we received new artwork but it still sounds like we are getting the SKT soundtrack, it gives me the chills...I am not sure if this was intended.

My mounts (or characters) behave differently when attacked by the Raptor, surprise attack I think is their skill that causes the mount to stop and turn. My human paladin on chartreuse unicorn, stops and turns, I think this is the intended behavior. My dragonborn TR on a legacy axe beak, instead falls sideways on to the ground, which is sort of cool I guess, but I am guessing not the intended behavior. Perhaps it is an issue with scaled mounts...I am not sure, I didn't have time to test it much more than to notice it was happening, I was too busy running for my life.

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    A few issues I've noticed in the new collection UI:
    1) Preview collection button for Nyanzaru Noble's items previews Chultan Adventurer's items.
    Possibly it's an old issue when there are multiple sets in the collection...

2) Navigation controls do not allow previewing stats of the offhand weapon in Chultan Crafted Weapons collection page.

3) Tooltip icons for the Chultan Crafted Weapons are showing colored squares in the collections UI.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    4) Chat links for the new items dropping from treasure map chests are outputting as plain text, so the users cannot interact with them. Examples are Voodoo dolls, Hunter rings.

5) Personalized IL 405 rings are no longer salvageable. At least we can still sell them for 1.60 gold.

6) Something (possibly TRex attacks) are capable of breaking players orientation logic. I have a video, but could also try to describe it. Once it happens it looks as if your character/mount keeps facing certain direction when you walk or ride. Sailing becomes almost impossible (or maybe very difficult, I haven't figured out how to) since your forward button always moves you backwards, so possibly you have to sail looking backwards. Good news is that this issue resets once you switch instance.

P.S.

7) Chicken Voodoo Doll does not work on any mob I've tried it. This makes it even less usefull than the other Voodoo dolls (which is not to say that these single-use 60-sec cool down working-only-after-ten-clicks utility items are even remotely useful).
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I'd just like to say that the new zone looks amazing, the artwork is really good.

I do have two feedback points:

1. being stunned 50% of the time during fights turns them into an exercise in irritation, as does being stunned off my mount several times just trying to get from A to B. This ruins the overall experience of the zone.

2. Given the 15% increase in the amount of Resistance Ignored required, it would have been a good move to make one of the boon options a 5% RI increase. These new boons aren't overly useful but this would've been very welcome.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    First of all the new mod looks very nice.

Now, apart from the obvious that probably everyone already mentioned, the amount of aggro and mobs in this jungle is just insane. Has nothing to do with harder content and one shot mechanics are lazy development. I'm almost 16k glass canon cw, so running solo is annoying.

The amount of stuff that drops from killing mobs, like green gear and potions, please tone that down a bit, or add a filter to not see these white items.

Please also make trex fangs stack, as they are needed for every trophy. Or are you forcing people to buy vip now, like you do with the new achievement? I don't mind spending money but the companion and the boots are trash for cw. Recovery... I mean please, we have spell twisting.
  • Options
    bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User

> @bladedge12 said:

> I found a bug. I got disconnected in a cutseen in the place just before the town where I had to run from the t-rex and now i am super zoomed in and all I can see is the back of my person. I know it is a bug as well because it is only this hero. The rest have the camera out where it should be. I tried to restart, get into a spot where my camera is forced to change nothing fixes it and most of my screen is now blocked by my hero making it so I can't really do or see anything. Even fighting and moving is really hard.

Did you try zooming out? With this mod we have a zoom function now. Try pressing the back button and using thr right joystick.

I did find out about that after posting this. But when I tried the camera would go right back to zoomed in as soon as I let go. How ever I did get it fixed by going onto the boat we have (in a fight) zooming out all the way letting them kill me then force shutting down the xbox it unlocked the camera and I can zoom in and out now.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • Options
    Daily 150 treasure adventure quest where you need to get to 100% seems to be bugged.
    I am getting 1% for every few mobs I'm killing, but otherwise the percentage fills up fairly quickly in 10% and 20% increments as I am running around the map doing nothing. Please, don't fix it :smile: .
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So, first week almost over.

Imo, instances are too big, trophy hunting is a pain as someone somehow always comes and snatches the rare spawns away.

Not being to post trophies is the action house has created a black market via trading... good job whoever thought that was a good idea, go pat yourself on the back...

All info should be obtainable in the game, why does anyone have to use Google to find their answers?! Lots of people have issues completing the rare hunt task as they have no idea what to do. It is also mostly unclear what the purpose of the heroic encounters is. Yes, by now we know kos drops also the Rex fang, but what about the other one in camp vengeance? I don't think we need heroic encounters just for the sake of it, if they don't drop anything.

Same goes for the campaign path. Yes everyone can decide which way to go but if you bring choose hunts or have an alt that's capable of exchanging your trophies if you went through the middle, then you stuck in week 1 with nothing to do because fishing doesn't really net anything and treasure hunting is restricted to 6 maps. If that's to stop botting, then you really need to find another way to get it binder control, besides everything is bound anyway. If it's to slow down progression, I.e. stop people from getting +5 hunting rings, then it's very poor...

Why is there no sign post entry to camp vengeance and why does the heroic encounter spawn on top of a revive point?!

I know it's a game and you guys love rng but some logic needs to be applied too. A crab that doesn't drop a claw... there are two of them, does that mean they are both clawless crabs?! Makes no sense.
  • Options
    My biggest issue with the module at the moment is the trouble to find cooperating parties to open star-rated rare hunts. Given that majority of players still don't understand most of the module's hunt mechanics and the lack of fair distribution system for the drops I have to:
    1) make a PUG group by inviting people in zone chat by either:
    a) promising them nothing (but the extra one forgotten totem they would get)
    b) promising them something valuable (e.g. a gmop)
    c) promising a fair roll for drops
    d) promising roll for some of the drops (too complicated!)
    e) promising the roll for drops in exchange of them inviting me to their hunt in return. (very hard to build a trust/agreement here, given that many of the players don't natively speak English )
    2) make an alliance/guild group of hunters who all open the same hunt in turns (same as with gifts of Simaril)

So I'm essentially forced to keep saving my lures till the time the majority of the gamer base learns the module well enough to develop a protocol between the players. While the single-player progression is limited mostly to fishing.
  • Options
    Anyone else experiencing long transition times when going from water back to land with your boat? Takes up to five seconds sometimes to get on your feet again while racing through the jungle in the boat.
  • Options

Anyone else experiencing long transition times when going from water back to land with your boat? Takes up to five seconds sometimes to get on your feet again while racing through the jungle in the boat.

Yes, that's been very annoying, given that in many cases once you land you have to immediately engage into a fight.

• Options
    The jungle is overall very pretty and the mobs are interesting nice work with varied mechanics, and while I appreciate the fact that we did weekly caps instead of daily quests, I am bored with this content already, after 6 days...6 days - bored!

Why are we coming up with nothing other than repeat the same handful of quests over and over and over, its nice that i don't have to do them every day but 6 patrols a weekly or two and camp quests over and over for the next 8-12 weeks? Poke my eyes out.... Can we tie them together in some sort of quest line or weekly variant of a story with less repeat? I think maze engine did this well, except for the go do this 15 times at the end, that mod felt like fun and played its way to the end, not just mundane dailies that are not called dailies. Besides unlocking the dungeon, I feel I have experienced everything this mod has to offer in basically 2 hours of play time, sure I can go farm for rings that wont drop for me, but other than that, this mod is done in 2 hours of play time. I am sad...

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I am bored with this content already, after 6 days...6 days - bored!

My hats off to you. You lasted longer than I did before I succumbed to boredom. I lasted 1 day before deciding the mod was just a new paint job over the same old grindy gameplay. Instead of running in circles doing heroics, I'm running in circles getting knocked on my rear while doing quests that basically revolve around get to point a, grab xx item and kill xx enemies. Maybe if i want to spice things up I do the quests from the Port. Theyre vastly different. You have to, wait for it, grab xx item and kill xx enemies at an isolated location! Talk about straining your creative muscles.