test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get a few minor changes to TR ?

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
One of the more frustrating things i've noticed in TR is that Stealth gets depleted with at wills, even though the tool-tip says otherwise:

---------------------------------------------
Stealth
Mechanic
personal

Press 'Tab' to enter Stealth, allowing you to move undetected for a short time. You have Combat Advantage against targets that aren't aware of you, and your encounter powers gain new effects.

At-Will Powers do not spend Stealth. (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Stealth)
-----------------------------------------------

This makes it very difficult to plan a stealth attack properly, because when i'm in Dullest flurry and activate stealth Dazing strike to fire off at the end of the flurry, the stealth is all used up. I can't see in all that Graphics mess where my TR is in the DF mode. An DF indicator or something would be nice.

Also, can we have the option of canceling the DF with a jump. Some AOE attacks are so quick that i can't see them, wait for the DF to finish its cycle and roll away in time.

Another thing: can we have some indicator of stamina and guard? Its hard to know how much we have left, when we want to roll and can't.

Also: Tenacious Concealment at level 4 is supposed to have 90% reduction in stealth loss and an additional power. Yet i have had it not work on me. I take damage and the stealth doesn't recharge. This is a very important class feature for stealth based TRs that doesn't work right.

And lastly: TRs are too squishy and underpowered compared to the other DPS classes. A slight improvement in defense and base power would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,228 Arc User
    Stealth was not depleted by at will long time ago. It was nerf'ed because with the right built, TR could have perm stealth back then.
    I personally have no problem to see the stealth meter.
    There is a stamina and guard meter already. It is above the daily meter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

You can disable floaters if they annoy you,
    You can move the stealth meter in HUD settings to the place wherever you think you will see it,
    Yes, I accept gratitude in smops :wink:

It isnt the floaters, its all the special effects of all the attacks and defensive things. Often i can't see my toon at all in all that mess. And it isn't the stealth meter either its the stamina meter. Stealth meter is in a good spot. I've never seen the stamina meter and i have looked..... I just pulled up a screen shot i made, and is the stamina meter those two green slivers above the AP Daily? If so then that seriously needs changing. I'd like a half moon bar similar to the stealth bar. Something more noticeable. On the resolution i have to have my game set at i would never see that bar.

As for perm stealth, that is a TRs only strength. It can't compete with GWF GF OP in DPS or endurance, and its weapon damage is much lower than those 3. Without a constant and consistent stealth, a TR is nothing but a rolling gas-bag (yes i use smokebomb allot to survive). Having a properly working stealth mechanic is essential to a TR. And to me that means At-wills not draining stealth, and tenacious concealment working as it should.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Perm stealth means the TR is always in stealth and never come out. That means a TR can almost kill anyone in PVP and what it needs to do is to throw dagger from far.
    I play a TR and I am not complaining about the current stage of a TR. He may not have high DPS but his endurance is good. Hard to die or in trouble. For the stamina, somehow, I never need to worry about running out. I don't even remember when the last time my TR can't roll.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Think stealth needs changed anyway. Having to slot shadow strike which is essentially just losing an encounter slot to make further use of your tab mechanic. CW's tab..... is a 4th encounter slot.

Either that or you go exe and spam dodges like a monkey or go sab. Scoundrel gets the end of the stick. It even has a feat that requires some remote stealth usage.

Stealth should recharge minus the dumb drain on being hit. Completely uneeded handicap for pve.
  • Options
    Since the change, for me, stealth is not for stealth anymore but mainly for triggering Shadow of demise (and crit, etc) instead of being unseen. Basically, in and out stealth to trigger different 'bonus' instead of being stealth.
  • Options
    If your gonna keep it so that At-wills drain stealth, then either change stealth length (5 sec to 8 sec) or reduce the rate of how much at-wills drain the stealth
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    If stealth is that important to you respec and focus on stealth gain and retention!
  • Options
    wickid#3619 wickid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    > @athena#9205 said:
    > One of the more frustrating things i've noticed in TR is that Stealth gets depleted with at wills, even though the tool-tip says otherwise:
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------
    > Stealth
    > Mechanic
    > personal
    >
    > Press 'Tab' to enter Stealth, allowing you to move undetected for a short time. You have Combat Advantage against targets that aren't aware of you, and your encounter powers gain new effects.
    >
    > At-Will Powers do not spend Stealth. (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Stealth)
    > -----------------------------------------------
    >
    > This makes it very difficult to plan a stealth attack properly, because when i'm in Dullest flurry and activate stealth Dazing strike to fire off at the end of the flurry, the stealth is all used up. I can't see in all that Graphics mess where my TR is in the DF mode. An DF indicator or something would be nice.
    >
    > Also, can we have the option of canceling the DF with a jump. Some AOE attacks are so quick that i can't see them, wait for the DF to finish its cycle and roll away in time.
    >
    > Another thing: can we have some indicator of stamina and guard? Its hard to know how much we have left, when we want to roll and can't.
    >
    > Also: Tenacious Concealment at level 4 is supposed to have 90% reduction in stealth loss and an additional power. Yet i have had it not work on me. I take damage and the stealth doesn't recharge. This is a very important class feature for stealth based TRs that doesn't work right.
    >
    > And lastly: TRs are too squishy and underpowered compared to the other DPS classes. A slight improvement in defense and base power would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm a rouge, I got this cute brown teddy bear at AH, pretty inexpensive, he gives me defense and power. His attributes are always granted to you, with bonding stones I feel like a tank. Lol. Check at the teddy bear. He will make you less squishy.
    any dragon run is a good dragon run
  • Options
    Thank you, i will have to try the teddy, i've been using a augment stone of might. but the +2% stamina doesn't proc anything, the bear proc 'outrage' which looks really nice for what i've been lacking.
  • Options
    So i've gotten Aboleth weapons, the 'teddy bear', Dmg increasing companions and some of the best gear the game has so far, Not M12, and i still get much lower dmg than other DPS classes with same weapons and IL. Even at full blown skill rotation my TR cannot match a half-hearted GWF or Pally, in DPS, not even close (i copied a Guide on Sab and Exe, long time ago). And my TR gets KO'd on a hit that they can shrug, Stealth is the only way to survive and my stealth gets used up in proc the heaviest attacks i can deliver. Please change TR to increase stealth time, less dmg draining and fix tenacious. More endurance and dmg dealing would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Are you talking about PVP?
    In PVE, TR is not expected to out dps GWF.
    In PVE, TR should be able to avoid hit a lot easier than GWF.
    How much life steal do you have?
    What are your encounters?
    Do you drink potions?
  • Options
    I'm talking about PVE, i don't do PVP. and i don't expect to out DPS a GWF. But when I working on a mob and get it to half HP in 5 seconds and a GWF comes over and one hits it for the kill, that annoys me to no end. As a TR i have to put most if not all of my stats into power, crit (cause stealth isn't a factor), armor pen and lifesteal to survive and compete. Deflect and Def take a backseat. My crit and armor pen are around 50% each. Life steal is 9% base but can get to 14% with ring and boons. My main encounter i use are ITC SB and DS. I use Whirl of Blades and courage breaker depending on the mob/boss with my Sab build. and DF and ranged dagger throw (forgot name) for at wills. i use potion of Force primarily to get my base power from 20K to 21K. During the rotation without daily my power can climb to 28k or even 32k but i hardly see a differnce in DPS. With the WoB i have seen it go to 60K and that makes me almost equal to a GWF for 5 sec, if i can avoid getting hit. I have bloodlord visage, Executioner attire, wiselys dualest wristguards, fadeless walkers as my armor, and lord protector set for neck, waist artifact. All items are purple except for the Abo daggers which are blue right now. My main rotation is Stealth SB, 2 hits DF, Stealth DS, DF to finish. Massive AOE on normal mobs, and good for softening them for others in party. i use Daily only when i know i can get more out of the rotation. ITC is there to help me survive the mobs heavy attacks.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I'm talking about PVE, i don't do PVP. and i don't expect to out DPS a GWF. But when I working on a mob and get it to half HP in 5 seconds and a GWF comes over and one hits it for the kill, that annoys me to no end. As a TR i have to put most if not all of my stats into power, crit (cause stealth isn't a factor), armor pen and lifesteal to survive and compete. Deflect and Def take a backseat. My crit and armor pen are around 50% each. Life steal is 9% base but can get to 14% with ring and boons. My main encounter i use are ITC SB and DS. I use Whirl of Blades and courage breaker depending on the mob/boss with my Sab build. and DF and ranged dagger throw (forgot name) for at wills. i use potion of Force primarily to get my base power from 20K to 21K. During the rotation without daily my power can climb to 28k or even 32k but i hardly see a differnce in DPS. With the WoB i have seen it go to 60K and that makes me almost equal to a GWF for 5 sec, if i can avoid getting hit. I have bloodlord visage, Executioner attire, wiselys dualest wristguards, fadeless walkers as my armor, and lord protector set for neck, waist artifact. All items are purple except for the Abo daggers which are blue right now. My main rotation is Stealth SB, 2 hits DF, Stealth DS, DF to finish. Massive AOE on normal mobs, and good for softening them for others in party. i use Daily only when i know i can get more out of the rotation. ITC is there to help me survive the mobs heavy attacks.

Mind you that I am not a good TR. However, my TR can live and clear all PVE solo contents. My TR does not use the encounters you mentioned. Again, I am not comparing as I understand different TR does different things. I am still learning. Mine uses path of blade, smoke bomb and wicked reminder. He can stay in the middle of the mob and that is his sweat spot for all 3 encounters I mentioned. For me, the usual rotation (probably not a proper one) is: path of blade, smoke bomb, stealth, DF, wicked reminder before stealth end. All the defense slot are for deflect. He has good life steal because he could get his HP back right the way. I don't remember where they came from though, may be boons and armor gear (since the defense slots are for deflect). Offense is Brutal (power and crit). Gear is mainly dragonflight set. My TR does not die easily in PVE. If he dies, usually, it is an unforced error. Again, my TR is not that good, can be tuned better and have better rotation sequence. He is not my main character.
  • Options
    I have no problems with mobs, generally i can 3 hit normal mobs, but competing with GWF at HE's and Bosses like Orcus and Demo, TR is way underpowered. As i said, i don't expect to match a GWF, but the damage ratio between a TR and GWF with same gear and IL, is way to big. As a GWF can hit Very hard and Take a beating like a pally, a rogue can't. Rogues ONLY advantage is not being seen. If that is a problem in PVP then the PVP setup needs modifying. A TR has Smoke bomb, wicked reminder and dailies as debuffs/buffs which work, but not for long. So a TR is a DPS/controller in a way under the right build. I'm just asking for NW to improve what TR does best and not decrease it.
  • Options
    I agree, and that is my boss build. only problem i have is i only get one stealth proc unless i use daily spam, which i'm not accustomed to, and shadow strike, which is nice to get the stealth back, but it takes time and waste of a encounter. But my point in all that is that, no matter what build i have, stealth is used primarily for proc a heavy attack and not remaining unseen while i dish out my crit at-wills. Which means it really isn't stealth at all. I bet that the perma-stealth build still couldn't compete with GWF in DPS when it was available, but it allowed the TR to do allot more than it can right now. So i reiterate... Increase stealth time to 8 sec, reduce the damage penalty against stealth, fix tenacious concealment, and half or better the stealth loss from at-wills. That is my recommendation for my complaint.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    @athena#9205 Perma Stealth doesnt have a use in PvE, its only used in PvP from what i know. It can be used in PvE but you are wasting damage potential just to remain unseen, while bosses still can see you.
    A lot has been suggested for TR, we havent seen anything of it done yet.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    From what I've seen with my TR the stealth effect lasts as long as he is glowing purple after coming out of stealth.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User

Not expected because this is the specific Neverwinter game meta people have gotten used to, or not expected as a general rule of all gaming ? The gwf is by far the tankiest of all dps classes, one would expect the glass cannons to be the top dps, and the gwf is no glass cannon. The tr has better escapes but they are still more squishy than the gwf, they need to roll away more than a gwf needs to run away, if the tr is taking greater risk when getting up close I would argue that they should be expected to do more dps than the gwf.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited July 2017

stealth is used primarily for proc a heavy attack and not remaining unseen while i dish out my crit at-wills...

Big mistake with a Sab build, which you said you use. Most damage from that build comes from stealthed DF crits and bleeds per my experience with ACT. Especially after power boosted with whirlwind.
    Basically, you're not playing your build right in my opinion, which is strong and comparable to Exe. Playing a sab build properly you should be almost always be ignored in group encounters. Also, the more you are hitting stealth the less you need to focus on boosting crit, therefore focus on power and recovery. You should be hitting whirlwind every encounter or every other. Stealth strike is very helpful for this build.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of common knowledge on how to play a TR properly. So I hope that helps.
    I never feel like a dps gimp and a GF or OP has never outdone me. Most of the time I'm second to a GWF honestly. So vastly different experiences (IL 12.3K).
  • Options

stealth is used primarily for proc a heavy attack and not remaining unseen while i dish out my crit at-wills...

Big mistake with a Sab build, which you said you use. Most damage from that build comes from stealthed DF crits and bleeds per my experience with ACT. Especially after power boosted with whirlwind.
    Basically, you're not playing your build right in my opinion, which is strong and comparable to Exe. Playing a sab build properly you should be almost always be ignored in group encounters. Also, the more you are hitting stealth the less you need to focus on boosting crit, therefore focus on power and recovery. You should be hitting whirlwind every encounter or every other. Stealth strike is very helpful for this build.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of common knowledge on how to play a TR properly. So I hope that helps.
    I never feel like a dps gimp and a GF or OP has never outdone me. Most of the time I'm second to a GWF honestly. So vastly different experiences (IL 12.3K).
    yes i am ignored when other players are in the area. Thats part of the problem i have. I get set up to do a powerful attack and the mob runs away to face the tank, running out of my attack zone. My stealth lasts 2 seconds or less in a DF. And the DF itself lasts about 3 seconds. Does recovery recharge my stealth faster? It may do so for encounters and AP gain, but until i can hit stealth every 3 seconds or so then what is the point? Stealth mechanic is needing fixing, and i've already suggested the change. I'd also add a suggetion that instead of using up all stealth with an encounter, it should use maybe 50% of the stealth. The point i'm trying to make is that Stealth is the TR's only true advantage, and it was nerfed way to strongly.
  • Options
    Does recovery affect stealth regeneration? My DF lasts like 2 or 3 seconds and if i hit stealth in it i only get like 1 second of stealth, to gain crit. That is pathetic. Encounters use up stealth completely, and Sab's ability to get 2 stealths in a row is useful for doing Stealth SB and then Stealth DS. I suggest, in addition to my other suggestions, that encounters do not use up full amount of stealth, but instead maybe 50% of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Not expected because this is the specific Neverwinter game meta people have gotten used to, or not expected as a general rule of all gaming ? The gwf is by far the tankiest of all dps classes, one would expect the glass cannons to be the top dps, and the gwf is no glass cannon. The tr has better escapes but they are still more squishy than the gwf, they need to roll away more than a gwf needs to run away, if the tr is taking greater risk when getting up close I would argue that they should be expected to do more dps than the gwf.
    Then, I would argue GWF is more powerful instead of TR is not powerful. GWF was a glass cannon until after the life steal change. My main is a GWF since mod 3. Both of them are easy to play and TR is more fun to play though.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I use permstealth in pve still..as sab with gloaming strike. I solo all guild he this way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @demonmonger Sure it works but problem with perma-stealth in PvE is Time. Time needed to get things done (killed). Equally geared/skilled TR which is not using perma-stealth will get things done about 3 times faster. Sure if you are not in a hurry and can afford the extra time needed nothing wrong with it but in party content one dps will kill things before you even start.

As an example, we have seen few TR's soloing Red dragon in SH map. Try the same Dragon and you will understand why perma-stealth is not effective.
  • Options
    Yes, i saw that youtube vid, it was impressive. But it still took the entire time to kill the red solo. I don't know for sure, but i bet a tank like a paladin and certainly a GWF could do it in much less time. What i saw of that TR, was hit and fade tactics. Roll in strike heavy, roll out of AOE and fire from afar with throwing daggers then roll in and repeat the sequence. The stealth he used was only for proc heavy attacks and a slight boost in crit before using those attacks.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

@demonmonger Sure it works but problem with perma-stealth in PvE is Time. Time needed to get things done (killed). Equally geared/skilled TR which is not using perma-stealth will get things done about 3 times faster. Sure if you are not in a hurry and can afford the extra time needed nothing wrong with it but in party content one dps will kill things before you even start.

As an example, we have seen few TR's soloing Red dragon in SH map. Try the same Dragon and you will understand why perma-stealth is not effective.

@blur Very true, Perma-stealth is mainly for those who don't have the lifesteal to kill monsters face to face, or those who can't stronghold HE solo without being one shot killed. Once you get a ton of hp deflect and lifesteal you don't need perma-stealth much, unless you are the last survivor vs a hard monster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    We each approach the TR differently, thats the beauty of so many possibilities. i don't fault demonmonger for going conservative. i had to do something similar until i had enough gear and wep power to transition into a full blown DPS. but Permastealth that way is like using a tier 1 weapon system (elemental fire daggers) at River district HE's solo. Just aint gonna work.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I soloed the RD ritual HEs with my WK using Elemental Fire weapons (epic) until she got her aboleth. Just takes a bit more time and as always with a TR, planning and situational awareness.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother