What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Solo Event!

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10532293

Well, i will just say 4 things:

1 - Welcome back pug stomping
2 - Hope you get REAL data this time to fix PvP once for all...
3 - @metalldjt , @xsayajinx1 , If didn't quit from PvP and you want some help with my alts, pick me up to Sync Q, i'm here to stomp pugs and get some free Glory.
4 - @pando83 must be applauding/clapping with his ears... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10532293

Well, i will just say 4 things:

1 - Welcome back pug stomping
    2 - Hope you get REAL data this time to fix PvP once for all...
    3 - @metalldjt , @xsayajinx1 , If didn't quit from PvP and you want some help with my alts, pick me up to Sync Q, i'm here to stomp pugs and get some free Glory.
    4 - @pando83 must be applauding/clapping with his ears... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1) Pug stomping is a part of PvP. It is in no way limited to solo queue events. The difference is that during solo queue, most players stand better odds of finding a (nearly) even match.

2) Data collection is not a one time occurance. In order for data to be relevant, it must be repeatable. As Julie has posted in other threads, they are collecting the data, and working towards longer-term solutions. That will be down the road a ways. Until then, the solo queue will be on a more reoccurring schedule.

3) Thank you for confirming that pre-made PvP'ers do, in fact, attempt to Sync Q the solo events. That is very brave of you. I hope that won't cause you any lasting trouble in your community.

4) I have to admit... your obsession with Pando... I find it a little, disturbing.

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @clonkyo1
    there is no syncing Q and guaranteeing anything ..you could just as well end up on the opposing team as your guilds team
    just like you could end up with or against an alliance team member

@nitocris83 said

"The NCL discussion came up internally recently but there's definitely things that would need updating/addressing before it happened again. "

"I can't give specifics dates but Solo PvP Queues are planned for soon, in a more reoccurring fashion. It doesn't address all the concerns with PvP but I can tell you that a full scope of PvP changes is being worked on for a future release. Keeping in mind that main Modules are for larger stories, it will likely be for a half module update."

interesting comments in this thread why they cant put out the NCl blah blah

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1231291/fix-pvp-it-is-time

we said still no fix for leaderboard / class balance .. reading item level etc then so they are working on it

that being said guild leaders need to step up any alliance members and guilds members are valid targets during the event
    forget about syncing Q matches are just as toxic when members on the opposition team are throwing the match as well

Pvp used to be so much better balanced when any guild member was a valid target to be destroyed now only the whiner complainer pvpers are left that sabotage matches and are not allowed to be targeted for fear of guild drama
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Hell yeah devs Woooo! Everyone come out kill each other, I'll strip down and run nekkid through pvp matches with the other PuGs. B)

Next step: make it permanent and take time to fix it overall. <3
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Shut up and take my money! Er...See you all in the arena. :)
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Might not fix pvp but at least its fun for GWFs and SWs.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Anyone know if this is across all platforms?
  • Options
    actually if you take a look they did something to the Q matching on a failed timer there is a different message in a different font now about holding the Qed team together blah blah I will get the exact wording

they are obviously testing Qs and comps and win loss data of classes etc in a database

probably what powers are being used most / least often too
  • Options
    ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    yeah, right, "solo" event... I went 7 times yesterday, and here are the result: 5 times against pre-made teams (4 times full Essence party, and once Rebels), and 2 times against regular pugs.

They should implement Queue system in a way that when 10 people accept it, it should randomise parties - unlike now, first come, first served -.-

It is getting pretty annoying; if they want to go premade, they should go on regular domination..
    Post edited by ivansinkovic1 on
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited June 2017

yeah, right, "solo" event... I went 7 times yesterday, and here are the result: 5 times against pre-made teams (4 times full Essence party, and once Rebels), and 2 times against regular pugs.

They should implement Queue system in a way that when 10 people accept it, it should randomise parties - unlike now, first come, first served -.-

It is getting pretty annoying; if they want to go premade, they should go on regular domination..

@ivansinkovic1
    Some people are just sad and have to have an advantage. These are typically the same people that say "We just want good competitive games" so they sync solo que or play regular dom with 2 tr, 2 cw comps. 90% of it is just talk.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

are you sure you were actually in the solo Pvp Q and not the regular ? ya if there is a low population after a certain X amount of time waiting it will match no matter what ....

also if people from alliance Q their tags will be the same it does not mean they are a premade or in communication at all
    exception being a match in progress cause there has been a vote kick fest hoping to get someone better

there is no Q filter that say exclude people from friends/ ignore list / and guild and alliance at all cost no matter what

the Q would never Pop then .. the match making would never find a valid combo
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I hope they make GG soloQ also. That would be fun and more chaotic in team-sorting. :)
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

1 - I found the same odds to win and lose PvP games on the last "Solo Q" event as i did on regular matches. I am not the only one whom thinks this too.

2 - The thing is that a lot of PvP players already have the data the want to fix PvP once and for all... yet we are ignored completly and PvP is still full of undergeared players (both Pros and pugs) without any chance to win vs over geared players, one shot TRs, immortal DCs and OPs, hard strikers GWFs, instant repel CWs self heals out of control and so on...

3 - you're such an innocent player if you thought that certain guilds wouldn't find a way to bypass the "solo" part of the event. That they do have little chances to end on enemy's team up? Ofc, the know it already, they accept it and they'll stay on firecamp the whole match if happends so to allow his/her team mates to win... yet, PvP will stay full of Oneshot TRs, Full Rotation GFs, Immortals DCs and OPs and so on that this is what "troubles" PvP community together my previous point, but you can think that "bypass" a simple mechanic as "SoloQ" is is what makes PvP community feel sad and making players quit the game, perfect. Not my problem. But well, let's see what do Devs have prepared for us on this event...

4 - To me, seems like you're more obsessed with me saying such things for merely stating that a defensor of SoloQ event must be really happy... even if the results will stay almost the same as we do know nowadays.

1) your experience of solo-queue is as different from mine as our experience of normal dom. In solo-queue, I have a VASTLY greater chance of meeting a team with a close experience/gear level to mine. I have not done any data collection (I'm to busy having fun) but to say that solo-queue is almost identical to the pre-mod 6 matches I remember, where you could get a win in 1 of 4 matches. & I am one of those players that normally goes 1 in 10/1in 20 matches without getting a fair fight in PvP. I honestly could not tell you the last time I won a match outside of solo-que, it has been that long. Several months.

2) PvP players have the data to fix PvP... the way THOSE PLAYERS want PvP fixed. That is not necessarily the information the devs want. Has it ever occurred to you that one of the data points they are looking at is, are there enough players outside of the PvP guilds to even justify spending the resources to "fix" PvP? Making 1500 players happy, at the expense if 15 million, is not a good business model. I realize these forums do not make for a representative sample, but the uptick in players playing PvP increases during solo-queue, & any increase in player population can only be good for PvP, in the long run.

3) I never thought that the ''hardcore'' PvP players wouldn't try to game the system. Many of them are the "troll-made" teams that I have seen stomp pug-players into the ground, run after run. I also remember the Bot-runs in 12-60 PvP. Good times. What surprises me is that you would be willing to admit, in public, that these workarounds are attempted. Forgetting for the moment the recent ban scandal, this sentiment directly contradicts the pre-made PvP party line that everyone tows,,, "Pre-mades don't really want to stomp pugs, we only wanna fight other pre-mades." This idea has been used to advocate, on these forums, for everything from pre-made only PvP lobbies, to IL requirements to enter Pvp, etc. Stating outright that pre-made PvP players are not only not interested in only facing pre-mades, but are trying to bypass the solo-queue, specifically to stomp pugs, is a contradiction of the argument pre-mades have made for years why PvP should only be designed to benefit them. That is why I wished no trouble for your in your community. This is especially troubling, because with every solo-queue, the pre-made community has regular dom. pretty much to itself. If the devs include regular PvP activity in their data collection, this could be why so little effort is expended on PvP. Because the devs already know, from the metrics, that the pre-made community doesn't actually want to fight other pre-mades... because when they are given the opportunity, they don't take it.

4) I have been keeping up, as I have time, with these forum topics for almost 2 years now. During that time, I have observed many adversarial relationships between posters. Over time, many of them resolve themselves, or are resolved by the mods. This one is still going strong though, for whatever reason. When I have the time (and data collection tools) available, I might try to Make a flow chart of this "relationship." It would make a great paper. In the meantime, I think it's fair to say that there are hundreds of posts, over dozens of threads in this ongoing Whatever-It-Is. I made one comment, which was an afterthought on one post... and I'm obsessed. Heh.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @wintersmoke
    YOur logic is so flawed on point number 3

I dont even know where to being you are basically saying that players that premade or are part of a premade or high item level for that matter ..should not be allowed d to enjoy a pickup solo Q group.( because they all advocated for premade lobbies "and dont want to stomp pugs"
    just lol dude strawman argument to the max !!!

Here is where i have problems with comment you said ..

consider this ..
    is a persone that has less gear score when facing another a Pug ?? and if so by how much ?

and that all player that advocated for " fair matches" are the ones that are trying to rig the Q wrong

and that a solo Q event is a good metric to see if "premades will Q " in normal mode
    and they must not Q in solo mode during the event if not they are all hypocrites cause a small percent of pvp player made forum posts asking for balance and they MUST be the ones rigging the matches also wrong

you are just all over the place dude sorry lumping everyone together
    so full of hamster you assumptions your premise and your conclusions

you are just lumping every pvp player together to push you own agendas and for the shock valaue

there is no "premade party line" wrong only in your mind .

who said that only "hardcore" pvp players are gaming the system ?? ( allegedly ) wrong

premades must be composed of only high geared experienced players?? another false assumption ..

yup so the Premade community... in your mind must not be allowed to enjoy Or Q for solo wrong

so what should be the MAx Item level allowed then to Q for Solo PVP? or should Pve only powers be allowed in solo Q then just to make sure no one know whats they are doing ... wrong

so you heard it here folks only Q for solo Pvp if you are new to the game low item level or dont know what you are doing lol ...wrong

if it looks like a Hamsper and walks like a Hamster ... then its a Hampster
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    The most important fix that could be made to pvp would be to make the solo-only queue permanent. Without doing that, everything else is a half measure.
  • Options
    grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I believe the response here was to someone stating that some people do try to sync solo q, and the offer to look them up for some pug stomping. Now if the statement was sarcasm or not is really moot, the point is that stuff like that happens all the time, and people who want matches that are more fair (the innocent ones I suppose) or a game where no one can work around the rules will always be taken advantage of. In a huge generalization, there are two kinds of gamers. The first finds the most enjoyment out of doing well within the bounds of the game. The second finds the most enjoyment out of finding a way around the bounds of the game. I'm not judging either type. So, the question remains, if you have a solo q event and you try to work around it by syncing up with others when there is a que that you could join that specifically targets group play during such an event (meaning you have the opportunity to play against another team almost exclusively), what are your intentions in doing so, and what are you trying to get out of the experience?

Not sure if the data collected could be random enough to work for a flow chart. I'd still like to see the results.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    A very little coding could solve the synching problem. Just include a sharp preference (90% and should be enough even with Cryptic's RNG) that people who queue for pvp within 5 seconds of one another should end up on opposing sides. Add an additional queue delay tolerance based on the known rate of people entering the queue so that if only ten people queue in a given amount of time and the party makeup doesn't work, the synchers don't get to play together anyhow. Given that the synchers will most likely be in the same guild or alliance, add functionality such that members of the same alliance are more likely to oppose one another in the solo queue (apologies if I'm using terms that sound silly to actual coders - I haven't written a program since the days of Pascal).
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @clonkyo1 you took him out on points 2 and 4 I took care of point 3 lol team work we must have synced solo forum post Q lol
  • Options
    edited June 2017

A very little coding could solve the synching problem. Just include a sharp preference (90% and should be enough even with Cryptic's RNG) that people who queue for pvp within 5 seconds of one another should end up on opposing sides. Add an additional queue delay tolerance based on the known rate of people entering the queue so that if only ten people queue in a given amount of time and the party makeup doesn't work, the synchers don't get to play together anyhow. Given that the synchers will most likely be in the same guild or alliance, add functionality such that members of the same alliance are more likely to oppose one another in the solo queue (apologies if I'm using terms that sound silly to actual coders - I haven't written a program since the days of Pascal).

-1 did you actually think this thru ?????

also invalid ...
    you just created a way for someone to be guaranteed on the other side to sabotage the match (if they want )and do nothing ..and be trolly
    or q your alt account he appears on the other team and does nothing ... stands at the campfire also sabotaging the match ... you really must think your solutions thru ..

a match outcome can be adjusted if the people / guidies you know are on your team or on the opposing team and dont fight / do nothing

there is no syncing problem only a population problem and re people unwilling to attack guild / alliance members for fear of drama .. or even guild rules I tend to find that husband wife / boy friends girlfriend duos can be some of the worst complainers in pvp and give up real fast / start fighting with each other in the middle of the match ..sitting right next to each other

many a match is won by knowing the psychology and mind set of the opposing team players

who is more likely to quit first if they die fast ... who is more likely to go off point and "save thier girlfriend" at the expense of losing the point etc

who is more likely to send angry trolly tells etc

who is more likely just to stay in camp to avoid deaths etc etc etc

who is more likely to fight off node in the balconies or on the pillars etc etc \

In the golden age of pvp I had psychological profiles on all pvp players lol
  • Options
    ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

are you sure you were actually in the solo Pvp Q and not the regular ? ya if there is a low population after a certain X amount of time waiting it will match no matter what ....

also if people from alliance Q their tags will be the same it does not mean they are a premade or in communication at all
    exception being a match in progress cause there has been a vote kick fest hoping to get someone better

there is no Q filter that say exclude people from friends/ ignore list / and guild and alliance at all cost no matter what

the Q would never Pop then .. the match making would never find a valid combo
    It is possible that I once queued in regular domination, but for the rest I am 100% sure I was in solo PvP Q. At the beginning of every pvp match I try to inspect the team we're fighting against, just to see the odds, and if there is enough time, I check my team, too. That's why I am sure they are from the same guild. I am not saying that it should exclude people from guild/alliance and friend/ignore list, but you have to admit, it is a bit suspicious when you get team of 5 members of the same guild vs random team where none of the members of the enemy team guild is present.

Sometimes Q window doesn't show up, instead after the "waiting for map" I get automatically transfered to PvP map. On that way I haven't seen teams that seem premade to me.. This way seems more fair/random to me, but on the other hand, I know how frustrating can it be when you get transfered to another map just before you finish a quest.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    trying pvp again after a year and only see its worse and worse. there is no different between regular que and solo que. strong guilds looks like syncing themselves in solo que and are on the same team as partial premade. all matches lopsided. even if i am their alliance member i am ported against him. and the end i need begging players of my alliance to let me cap through GG. they almost dont let me. god tell me what i am doing for 200 glory and 3300AD? disgusting. completely disgusting. stop with this useless event and bring pvp overhaul for 12b. and i say overhaul, not cosmetic changes, please.....

in brief, premades dont do what cryptic expect from them to stay at premade que and rather que for everything and then happily slaying newbies-pugs. not surprised. will anyone use premade lobby system except (maybe) one alliance? dont looks like that way
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • Options
    fontanaelunaefontanaelunae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    I tired of it... data collection takes too long...
    No idea what data would be needed to simply make solo queue permanent...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    clonkyo1 said:

kalina311 said:

@clonkyo1 you took him out on points 2 and 4 I took care of point 2 lol team work we must have synced solo forum post Q lol

Thought you were answering him on his point 3 (on which he is wrong too and i totally agree with your PoV), that's why i "ignored" it. ^^U ... But my point there was that he is so wrong on his whole answer (on point 1 too, but as it is "personal", i answered him back) that i weren't know from where i could "start" debunking it...
    oops i meant point 3 lol .. it was late wall of text stareing
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I tired of it... data collection takes too long...
    No idea what data would be needed to simply make solo queue permanent...

and thats why you are not a Dev
    matchmaking might be tested and another leaderboard database reset you dont see
    there is plenty of data .. powers most used least used ...for future balancing purposes
    average waiting times vs forcing the match ..
    each classes;s list of people they are most likely to kill to least likely etc who they got killed by etc

what about the data that everybody thinks solo Q
    is a conspiracy to sync team to not sync team
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    vinceent1 said:

trying pvp again after a year and only see its worse and worse. there is no different between regular que and solo que. strong guilds looks like syncing themselves in solo que and are on the same team as partial premade. all matches lopsided. even if i am their alliance member i am ported against him. and the end i need begging players of my alliance to let me cap through GG. they almost dont let me. god tell me what i am doing for 200 glory and 3300AD? disgusting. completely disgusting. stop with this useless event and bring pvp overhaul for 12b. and i say overhaul, not cosmetic changes, please.....

in brief, premades dont do what cryptic expect from them to stay at premade que and rather que for everything and then happily slaying newbies-pugs. not surprised. will anyone use premade lobby system except (maybe) one alliance? dont looks like that way

I call hampster on what you say you are just as likely to end up on a team with good players to help you as bad player that dont in solo Q nothing to do with premade or syncing at all ...
    \
    so they game has it out for you never to put you on a solo Q team with "good" players ??

HERE IS YOUR BEST LINE ..THAT BASICALLY INVALIDATES ALL YOU SAY ...

"even if i am their alliance member i am ported against him."

you funniest line dude just lol HERE you ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT PREMADES SYNCING q
    THEN YOU GO ON TO COMPAIN THAT YOU WERE NOT PUT ON THE SAME TEAM AS YOUR ALLIANCE AND ARE AGAINST THEM .. so would that not mean the Q can go either way if you "try" to sync it ?

and no there is no trading caps or GG in solo Q
    they should not be letting you cap people that giving up fast and stay in camp and dont want to practice are what ruin matches

there is also going to be someone stronger and weaker then you in a solo match you just have to know who you can take and who you cant

so what is the definition of a"premade person to you?

a high item level player or an organised within a team ... and if so what is the highest item level you should be allowed then to Q for SOLO pvp ....??..... So only new players or bad players should Q for solo ?
    or should Pve only powers be allowed in solo Q then just to make sure no one know whats they are doing