test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-game character alteration visual bug

cystacysta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
During a questline that leads to and unlocks the River District (chapter 3: Going Undercover),
I was freely given a "change appearance token", and as part of the quest, I was then directed to the
"Tower of Alteration", to the "Alteration Wizard", who offered me to alter my character's appearance (using the previously mentioned token).
I accepted the offer, made changes, then finalized it.

That was likely the trigger of the bug, which turned the visuals of my female character's underwear, the bra to be exact,
into a long sleeve t-shirt. It is not a shirt in the "shirt" equipment slot,
and because of that, its visuals cannot be disabled, it cannot be dyed, and it cannot be unequipped.

Moreover, it persists through switching to some "fashion equipment", "Cult of The Dragon Tunic" being an example -it's clearly visible underneath it.

If an honorable Cryptic bugsqasher could take a look at it, that'd be great.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Have you reached out to support?
  • cystacysta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I've talked to a GM, hoping he could work a miracle and make my problems go away, he couldn't, but suggested me to leave an in-game bug report, which I could not do due to dysfunctional "profanity" filter. Asked this GM what else I could try, he directed me to this place.

I was really hoping I did reach out to support when I posted the above report, but now that you ask,
    I don't know. Have I?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This mysterious shirt seems to manifest from a specific way of interacting with the Alteration NPC. I think you can get rid of it by changing appearance again, but if you don't have a token left (the quest gives you two), then you may need to beg support for more help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/5y0w9f/shirts_and_things_old_vs_new/

@nitocris83 Can you get the devs to look into repetition steps? The player on Reddit indicated it happens if you select "customize" immediately without interacting with the selection of premade appearances. I am not sure if the bug only occurs with players still using one of the original appearance, but it might be the case. Probably female avatars only, since males don't have any upper body underwear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cystacysta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Much appreciated, beckylunatic,
    you've done something Cryptic could not in 5 days -you helped.
    Using the 2nd token I successfully managed to 'correct' the underwear of one of my characters,
    it is now back to how it was before.

Thank you very much!