test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marauder event is a TOTAL failure

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Fight hordes of enemies in the SH. How could they possibly %&$# that up......

Oh... They did, as usual....

It should have been just a normal raid queue on a custom SH map that's gutted down to just the SH itself to have cut down the lag. That would have solved so many problems. The mobs don't even storm the keep. They just steal some HAMSTER outside and run away. That's &%#$ing boring as hell. This kind of thing had so much potential. Even pvp siege was more creative than this!

• Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Whoever is in charge of loot tables needs to be replaced or actually play the game daily. Most of the best rewards come from content that takes a few minutes to run, stuff that takes longer is spotty to terrible. This is what it takes a 3500-4k group or solo player in some cases to do in my experience

Good loot tables for the effort:
    Castle Never - 12 minutes
    Arcane Reservoir - 1 minute solo
    Ballad of Baphomet - 1-2 minute solo
    Dread ring lairs - 1-3 minute solo depending on gates/interactions and whatnot
    Dragonflight - 3 minutes setup, start, kill 4 dragons
    Stronghold 10 mans - 2 minutes

Spotty loot tables:
    FBI (I often only pull a sapphire + seals + voninblood, sometimes no boss salvage, other times it's amazing) - 30-40 minutes
    Lostmauth - 7 minutes
    Demogorgon - 7 minutes
    Throne - 11 minutes
    POM - 11 minutes
    Shores - 3-4 minutes
    Tiamat - 10 minutes
    ToD Daily dragons (bone gear sells for a lot) - 5-10 minutes to find one, 1 minute to kill
    Svardborg - 8-10 minutes

Bad loot tables:
    Kessells - 5 minutes
    Temple of the Spider - 7-10 minutes (this can be decent to run if you get the purple salvage, I often do not)
    Valindra's - 10 minutes
    Grey Wolf - 20-30 minutes
    Spellplague - ? 40-60 minutes
    Cragmire crypts 15-20 minutes
    Malabog's - 14 minutes
    Marauders - 20 minutes +
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

some people need to get a real machine and internet connection, I had a guy in my guild every time we did a dungeon with him we would lag. I asked what his upload speed was, it was like 2 meg. I kicked him out of the guild and said come back when you get a real connection. When I ran my black ops servers, I had a ping kicker. Set mine at 100.

Oh please. The game is just poorly optimized. You can't expect everyone to have a 6700k/7700k overclocked to 4.5 ghz to run a shoddy MMO.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017

urabask said:

some people need to get a real machine and internet connection, I had a guy in my guild every time we did a dungeon with him we would lag. I asked what his upload speed was, it was like 2 meg. I kicked him out of the guild and said come back when you get a real connection. When I ran my black ops servers, I had a ping kicker. Set mine at 100.

Oh please. The game is just poorly optimized. You can't expect everyone to have a 6700k/7700k overclocked to 4.5 ghz to run a shoddy MMO.
    sure I can, but you left out internet connection
    Because what your guildmate was sending bad juju through his internet tubes to mess with your game? Neverwinte isn't peer to peer. His 2 megabit upload is more than sufficient to play a game like Neverwinter. Most of what's going to affect your game (and to be clear this only affects YOU and not people you play with) on a subpar connection is how stressed it is and how far you are from the servers. If he has his whole family watching netflix while he runs torrents and plays the game, he'll have a problem. But if he's one guy and he plays the game on say a 10/2 connection you just kicked a guildmate because you're an ignorant HAMSTER.

Furthermore the idea that you need a ping limit as low as 100 in an MMO is the most stupid thing I've read on these forums.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Dude... Lags all around now... I can do dailies, even PvP okay. But that maurader's thing was a nightmare. Meh. At least I have other new content, let's try master spellplague​... Utter failure at 2nd boss. Just enough lag to screw us up and fail time and again. This wasn't like this before 11.5 now the lag is every where. This is game breaking, all new content is garbage.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Good to know you would kick me from your group on the basis of my internet connection, 500 ping here. Really makes me wonder about some people. Seems like a perfectly justifiable and reasonable reason to kick someone. Because although I like in Africa, far away from the servers it is clearly my fault for having poor internet even though it isn't something I can fix. ^^
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    tntslayer1 wrote: »

Such a smart post when the devs long admitted the issue is on their end.​​
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'll take a good player with a 500 ping over a bad player with a 50 ping any day of the week.

Sidenote: I'm sitting in my Stronghold right now with a consistent ping range of 19-39. This is normal for me due to geographical location and a decent net connection. That being said during marauders I was rubber banding all over the damn place and could barely do damage because of it.

Connection speed and PC performance have nothing to do with the poor experiences peoples are having during the Marauder's Event. Period.

Combine poor performance and even worse rewards for time spent and you've got yourself one steaming pile of goose-HAMSTER. Marauder's is worth doing once per week and only up to 5 waves. Is that really what you want Cryptic? You really dropped the ball on this one and if you don't do something about the rewards and performance issues SOON people will forget about Marauder's and it will go the way of Stronghold Siege.

Wow... I can walk into a kindergarten and say the word that got Hamster'd. I'll give you a hit, it starts with P it ends with P and its has two O's in it. I'm shaking my head at your censorship so hard I'm liable to get a neck injury.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options

I said I set my black ops server at 100 ping , I never said what ping this game should be set at. If you can't upload fast enough you can't get it that fast , so you are limited to the slowest person. Unless your Mystra who can alter time. And if someone's family if using nextfix maby they should write in the bug report. ;)

Rofl. I assumed you were going to stop while you were ahead.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Got a first look at the event today as well. Did ten waves just to get a feel for the whole thing and ended up with 34 vouchers worth 34 Guild Marks. Ouch! Even if the supplies do rise considerably at later stages, that almost feels like an insult. I'm pretty sure there are a gazillion ways to create more Guild Marks, even for in the specific coffers, with other tasks in the same amount of time.

Can only confirm that you probably want to run this for the weekly 600 Influence and then never again.​​
    Post edited by loboguild on
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Funniest part, smaller, casual guilds which it is supposed to help can have trouble completing this. We did it on the first day, lag was okay for us, not great but playable but after 10 waves, which took us about 30 mins, we ended up with 7 dark gift vouchers each ... Let's just say we weren't impressed ...
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The lag is bad admitted - but the lack of rewards for the time invested is even worse. Even compared to their old event (dragon flight) the voucher drops are worse for a single run. Other than the 1 off influence weekly bonus.
    The solution
    1. fix lag
    2. with every 5 waves (after each vote) difficutly should inrease and voucher colour should increase. i.e. after 10 waves you get green vouchers, after 15 you get blue vouchers, after 20 you get purple. Maximum run time 25 waves.
    3. Stop calling it Stronghold Siege. That's different content - different content that bloody ought to get fixed so you can q in with a 25 man premade. And perhaps given rewards such as drops for masterwork professions, furniture for hall (banners?) etc.
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    As the guild leader of a small to medium sized guild, who this event was aimed for judging by the patch notes, I am definitely, absolutely, and completely disappointed.

While it shows potential, it really needs some extra "Spark" to actually make it interesting enough for all the time and effort that needs to be sunk into it.

But the worst part of it, is that the rewards are useless for any guild, you could instead reward 2 gold pieces per character and it would be just as helpful if not more and that just speaks of how completely worthless you've made this event, a weekly Influence farm that should never be fought past wave 10 5*.

It does not help guilds in anything outside of being a source of influence.

Which makes it completely underwhelming. Challenging ourselves to have fun and get to wave 40 is completely worthless because the rewards are as worthless as being handed a piece of gold per stage.

As I complained about it lacking "Spark", here I leave a few ideas to "Spice up" the event for the developers to ignore:

Add some new ideas to it, what if the enemies actually came from all around the lands of the Stronghold and the camps where the heroics spawn instead of portals that painfully break the suspension of disbelief needed for a proper roleplaying game like "The game aimed to be the best D&D in PC" should be.

What if you had to make assaults to these camps to successfully stop the assaults, what if the fight became fiercer and moved closer to the walls as it went on, what if you could build cheap temporal or lasting buildings that helped you defend against these assaults like those meant for Stronghold PvP or even reinforcements that hold down the assault at choke points for the guilds with less members to fight more easily?

As I said, it could really use an entire sack of spice poured on it to make it D&D-worthy.

*Edited to correct the number.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    [ Looks like editing my posts makes me delete them. Is that meant to happen? Please mods, delete them if they decide to reappear despite me re-loading the page thrice and not seeing them. ]

Long story short, as the leader of a medium-small guild, this event has completely failed as being nothing but a weekly Influence farm that should never be ran past wave 5.

So you understand how worthless the rewards are, you could give a single gold piece to everyone per wave, and that would be far more valuable than the actual rewards.

It also lacks the spark to be D&D worthy. Make the marauders come from the edges of the Stronghold, add temporal structures to aid in the fights or purchasable reinforcements so small guilds can lead the assault to choke-points, be imaginative.

It is far too plain and shoddy to keep the willing suspension of disbelief. The Stronghold is huge, no need to make lazy portals by the stronghold to spawn the enemies out of thin air. Any D&D gathering where the game master was so shoddy would quickly end without players, or a different dungeon master.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I am copying a post that I wrote in the preview patch thread on this subject:
    adinosii said:

terramak said:

Thanks for the follow-up, everyone. I don't have my finger on the pulse of the Stronghold Marauders rewards; the team's heard the feedback but I don't know whether there's a plan of action.

Let me give you an example of why a "plan of action" is needed. I just went to donate some stuff to the guild coffer, and I noticed something regarding the fey trinkets.

The green voucher is a part of the rewards for one of the DFs I did. It adds 195 to the coffer.

The first 3 grey vouchers dropped from HEs. They add 150 to the coffer or 50 each.

The final 28 grey vouchers are a part of the reward for the marauders (20 waves). They add 140 to the coffer or 5 each. (Yes, a tenth of what the HE vouchers give).

At first glance it might seem that the numbers are not that far apart...however, the DFs also have a pretty decent chance of giving you blue or purple vouchers (or strongboxes), which simply means that the reward/effort ratio (if you calculate it in, say, GMs/minute is much, much higher for the DFs. Even the smallest stronghold HEs "outperform" the marauders because a single grey HE voucher gives ten times as much as a grey Marauder voucher.

No wonder that after giving their members a chance to try the Marauders, many guilds recommend running it just once per week and just for the influence.

I recommend collecting some data on how much time people spend in DFs, and calculating the guild mark earn rate, and comparing that to what the Marauders give. Then, boost the maruder rewards to something comparable - unless you just want to admit the event is badly-designed and a waste of time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    The sad thing is we know they do not, for themost part, read the forums. At least that was obvious in the last live stream. Mimicking has the idea that the best loot is whatever you don't have. So right now everyone is experiencing just that with this event. I suspect it's not going to change much, if at all. Their 'data' will show that people are running it because, just as our alliance is doing, people run their alts through for the 600 influence once per week. The voucher drops are pretty infuriating. This thread has died down with a whimper and they don't seem to respond until it's 10 or so pages of pitchforks. It's nothing game breaking, but between lag and pisspoor rewards it surely is one of the bigger letdowns.
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Our guild agrees. This event is a disaster. The lag is absurd for us around wave 25. It doesn't matter how lag-free we are normally, this becomes completely not fun. Even in waves 1-15, it is boring and not fun. And the rewards are pathetic. This is a huge dud and needs to be fixed. Dragonflight is incomparably superior in all ways: fun, personal rewards, guild rewards, tactics, camaraderie, etc.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    We do it once or twice a week. Just 5 rounds for the influence bonus. It is terrible. Even with only 10 or so people, there is already very bad lag.
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    We ran this today having left it over a week since the 1st run when the mod dropped so we could get the extra INFLUENCE & no-one dropped any INFLUENCE [5 waves only] - are the rewards tiered ??
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    I was inside the stronghold itself earlier, cleaning up some quests out of my journal, selling stuff for gold, etc. when the event apparently started itself. I was the only one on the map according to the guild roster, and I was nowhere near the steward.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    less complaints from players if they buff something as opposed to nerf it
    they are probably "gathering data" to see how fast said currencies are being farmed / botted

thats right folks stronghold can have bots too that get all the influence /vouchers for you thats what they are trying to limit here ...

they are also trying to slow down gold farmers and such from levelling up guilds and or selling them this way ...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

We ran this today having left it over a week since the 1st run when the mod dropped so we could get the extra INFLUENCE & no-one dropped any INFLUENCE [5 waves only] - are the rewards tiered ??

I've seen mutterings that the Influence reward might be on a personal cooldown of one week from when you previously obtained it. Because invisible undocumented personal cooldowns work so well compared to predictable global reset times, natch.

------------

On the subject of rewards, with the randomization and pathetic returns, I could do almost anything else with my time to better invest into helping my guild. If short on a specific campaign currency, I could take several alts through a lucrative weekly mission in the time to run Marauders once. Surplus Equipment stopped being a concern when I ranked up some Quartermaster enchants. Gems, I'd be better off using the time to micromanage profession tasks to craft them. And I don't think it grants vouchers for anything else.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia