test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Playing Foundry content has been temporarily disabled"

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
I'm not sure if the Foundry catalogue looked like this immediately prior to the 11b release, but when last I checked (maybe a few weeks ago), there were at least a few thousand quests published and available to (try to) play. A sad fraction of what I know exists has survived the neglect, but they were there.

The "disabled" message seems to be new. I was expecting the usual republishing process that we go through with every major release, so I was checking to see how much was back up. Apparently, nothing.

It has a very ominous tone in light of recent sentiments and absence of any official statements about what's going on with Foundry right now. Not just the information gathering but the fact that the editor has been almost completely broken for... what, nearly a year? Since I am not an author, I'm less sure about the state of the tools.

@nitocris83 I'd like to request word on whether this is just new messaging on the existing normal republishing process, or intentionally disabled pending some other action. Or a bug. I guess I shouldn't discount a bug.

Best case scenario is a temporary shutdown to stop generating new play data while Cryptic analyzes what you already have, but please tell us if that's what's going on. Rampant speculation isn't doing anyone any favours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/69wvaw/player_foundry_content_has_been_temporarily/
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @beckylunatic Prior to the Mod 11b release, the editor would load, all menus were there, but there were no placeable assets, no selectable encounters, no icons, no costume options, and no selectable maps. Essentially it was an editor with empty menus. You couldn't make or change anything because there was nothing available. Imagine it like an empty buffet bar, you can't eat if there's not any food there.
    I'd also like to add that I too have a sinking feeling that this may be the last we see of the quest library. Some folks had the foresight to stream their own quests for preservation, but I fear for the majority of folks who enjoyed being "authors" it may finally be the last they've seen of much of their many, often hundreds of hours of work. Some who were never fans of Foundry are probably quietly rejoicing, the Foundry community was often dragged through the mud, made a laughing stock of the game by different folks. It's easy to forget there are people behind logins and characters, but that's the nature of the online world these days. It's a sad feeling to have, and I hope I'm wrong...
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    And that's assuming the streams are still available. @gornonthecob streamed mine but the stream doesn't appear to be available anymore :disappointed:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured