What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Rank 5 Enchant in Master Spellplague chest --> Insult

Comments

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    After running a couple more mSP's I can confirm that in the special chest a rank 5 enchants is still present as a drop.
    Also, the normal chest once dropped me (besides Seals and those adventure things) just one blue Union stone.

Is it so hard to change the rank 5 enchants dropping in the end game dungeon? @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83 Can we can an answer from the team on why the loot table is so terrible in MSP? The silence on your end drives the community bitterness day by day and the hard work on this dungeon and cool/fun factor of it will be lost due to the sad trombone loot at the end. Maybe a mod like @kreatyve can bring attention to this as @ mentions to the team aren't working.

Sounds like a bug that rank 5s or nothing at all would drop. This is ridiculous: http://prnt.sc/ezbhr9

Every other chest in the game has more than that, blue salvage is better, you get better rewards from the 3 man heroics in river district. The reward disparity in this game is crazy, look at Arcane reservoir in Sharandar or Ballad of Baphomet in the Underdark as good rewards. The rewards for this dungeon should be that times 10.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i guess that we let them know that we are raising pitchforks and torches again and dont forget Negan is joining with us with his trusty bat.

no one likes silent from dev team. we want to hear LOUD and Clear, and no more broken promises they keep doing since mod 6.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    To be honest, if by 'torches and pitchforks', you mean the posting here of the forums.... I think they can survive that.

All people will do is annoy other forum goers. At least it will keep all the complaining in one place....
  • Options
    swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I have had MSP unlocked for a couple weeks and haven't even bothered because i don't want the slap in the face from the chests at the end.
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Most runs I've done, I've gotten a Rank 5 in the chest, it makes it far less rewarding than Fangbreaker.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I agree, the rewards are really bad but this dungeon is really fun and hard. I'm enjoying the run itself. Not bothering with chest drop really.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I am stunned if the devs think that MSP could be less rewarding than ETOS. Bizzare
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Up until a month ago, I was using an augment companion, did not have BiS gear, and only had Elemental Weapons. Then I bit the bullet and upgraded 3 Bonding stones, several Brutal enchants (moved from Demonic... didn't realize I was waaay over the ArmPen limit) and got the Abolethic weapon set to max.

Prior to the change, I would NEVER get more than a +3 ring in things like TotDG or PoM. After the change, I am often Paingiver or a close 2nd place, and have been getting +4 rings like candy (ok, not like candy, but I actually got enough that I had to salvage several duplicates). I am now of the strong opinion that the amount of X you do in the skirmish or dungeon plays a role in what your rewards are. While I would see the same Rank 5's as are being described, now I more often see mid level to lower-high level rewards (I also always use the second key...I don't play dungeons everyday, but I can craft/buy the keys everyday).

Has anyone else seen similar results? Or do you often do most of the damage, yet only get Rank 5 enchants?
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The cycle begins once again. farm new content to unlock one dungeon > dungeon has bad rewards > complain > "adjust rewards" = rinse and repeat. the only thing ive learned playing this game is patience. everything will come in a lockbox sooner than later. that artifact you grind endlessly for in msp? probably a reward in a near futurd lockbox. just hang back guys. they do this to get the grinders worn out, then they adjust right before the next thing so everyone can run it. if you dont believe me just go back a few pages to every other dungeon release.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @silver11#9318 said:
    > The cycle begins once again. farm new content to unlock one dungeon > dungeon has bad rewards > complain > "adjust rewards" = rinse and repeat.

This is true. Content shouldn't be a grind reward.
    It spoils the whole motivation. Instead of running MSP just for fun (it is an interesting dungeon) we are mentally processed through weeks of grinding it open.
    The dungeon becomes a financial resource. We expect a return for our grind-investment. We are disappointed.

Solution: As said here and in a dozen other threads, unlock new dungeons immediately (no grind to open) with moderate loot.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i have said in past posts many weeks ago, devs need to put away RNG from dungeons and replace with "Pick your choice from multiple sets of items" like STO do have, i had more fun with STO's loot choices and still play, with NWO, most runs always end in dispointing and ran more than dozen times and it is killing the fun. i felt i dont want to run in NWO's dungeons that yield junks over and over. i rather run repeat "seed" to get refineable items.
    i have seen someone in my group almost alway get same most wanted prize again and again, make me wonder how that player seem to be extemely lucky.
    i wanted to KILL that RNG, it only good for lockboxes, but not in dungeon runs. that reason why i am still upset. i cant go back to play Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2, both got unplugged since Jan 31, 2017. i know they have Emulation but seem illegal since these player-made-owned server dont have licsense to run it.
    they fixed "Wi-flag" RNG bug, they didnt believe players at first until they discovered and apologized to players.

not everyone want to go repeat with bad RNG again when they started playing new games and seeing same problems, and some of players leave in frustrations with NWO's. hearing from them saying, it is good game but RNG sucks big time.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    I didn't bother on unlock this dungeon same way I didn't bother with most of the end dungeons because of the same reason, there is nothing to find at the end of the road. My main is about 12k now which means is not BiS nor is weak either and I just can't find any reason to loose my time with what the devs call "end game" content as it will not help my toon at all to make anything close to a progress.

On this game instead of figthing to get a treasure its like just slaugther some high levels minions that have no chance to figth back by the time you geared your toon to deal with the content. Just go there and kill them because they are just not protecting anything nor there is any kind of justification why they are there guarding an empty chest. Anything similar to "role-playing" or "dungeons n dragons" has been lost in this game, it truely dont deserve to have the DnD logo at the log screen.
  • Options
    @tomiotar said:
    " I just can't find any reason to loose my time with what the devs call "end game" content as it will not help my toon at all to make anything close to a progress."
    I agree with this part of your comment.
    Dungeons should not be a goal of the grind. That makes them work, not fun.
    And then to not "pay" us at the end of all that work eliminates all reason to unlock it.
    I would do MSP just for fun if it had a comparable reward at the end.
    So, like FBI and mSVA, I have zero motivation to play it now.

Solution: Just add 1 guaranteed choice of account-bound relic gear or +5 ring in the chest. The queue will be packed immediately.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    litaaers said:

Up until a month ago, I was using an augment companion, did not have BiS gear, and only had Elemental Weapons. Then I bit the bullet and upgraded 3 Bonding stones, several Brutal enchants (moved from Demonic... didn't realize I was waaay over the ArmPen limit) and got the Abolethic weapon set to max.

Prior to the change, I would NEVER get more than a +3 ring in things like TotDG or PoM. After the change, I am often Paingiver or a close 2nd place, and have been getting +4 rings like candy (ok, not like candy, but I actually got enough that I had to salvage several duplicates). I am now of the strong opinion that the amount of X you do in the skirmish or dungeon plays a role in what your rewards are. While I would see the same Rank 5's as are being described, now I more often see mid level to lower-high level rewards (I also always use the second key...I don't play dungeons everyday, but I can craft/buy the keys everyday).

Has anyone else seen similar results? Or do you often do most of the damage, yet only get Rank 5 enchants?

Consider yourself lucky then. I don't have BiS but with what I do have (Still using Augment) I reach 100% crit chance during combat, I don't notice any yellow damage markers from myself and am constantly the top in most Pugs. I got my first +4 since I started (deflection so it doesn't help my main at all), but am lucky to see even a +3 ring ever.

I have ran IG-gold groups daily multiple runs and have yet to get anything better than +2, and have only not gotten top paingiver once. The rings must be completely RnG, it is the only explanation.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

Solution: Just add 1 guaranteed choice of account-bound relic gear or +5 ring in the chest. The queue will be packed immediately.

And I would also like to add that this would make the game Alt friendly. Currently it's infinite times one dungeon on one character to get a random drop. If they switch back to guaranteed drops I wouldn't spend all my time focusing on one toon.
  • Options

litaaers said:

Consider yourself lucky then. I don't have BiS but with what I do have (Still using Augment) I reach 100% crit chance during combat, I don't notice any yellow damage markers from myself and am constantly the top in most Pugs. I got my first +4 since I started (deflection so it doesn't help my main at all), but am lucky to see even a +3 ring ever.

I have ran IG-gold groups daily multiple runs and have yet to get anything better than +2, and have only not gotten top paingiver once. The rings must be completely RnG, it is the only explanation.
    Maybe there's a minimum amount to clear, as well. The correlation was clear to me, so much so that I tried going back to Augment, and so did the rewards.
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    if you guys reread every other thread about rewards the same conclusions are reached by us (the players) but they (the devs) never change it. getting rewards should be in tiers. so lets say you get a tier 1 reward (think of it like +1), you can choose any that fit in that category. its still rng, but you get to choose. tier 4 reward? choose rings or necklace or whatever else falls into the +4 category. thatd be 1000x better than the current system.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    What's funny is that the EDIT: Fartouched (derp) Resiidum random drop from Boss 2 is more valuable than both of the typical chest loot.

Combined.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @silver11#9318 said:
    > if you guys reread every other thread about rewards the same conclusions are reached by us (the players) but they (the devs) never change it. getting rewards should be in tiers. so lets say you get a tier 1 reward (think of it like +1), you can choose any that fit in that category. its still rng, but you get to choose. tier 4 reward? choose rings or necklace or whatever else falls into the +4 category. thatd be 1000x better than the current system.

By the way that was in place in the old SP, where you could choose the helm you wanted among the three available
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    litaaers said:

Right.

Your theory is like... pure idk how to describe?
    My DC is top heals even if im not a healer, my OP is top damage taken, yet i get my r5 every mSP run IF im lucky. Otherwise i get abandonned treasures and seals and a big "thank you for your valiant efforts".

So what, should i start to get top one in deaths aswell to get your "high level rewards"?

I get better rewards in CN no matter what. mSP loots table is just damn awful. They messed up something there.

> @silver11#9318 said:

> if you guys reread every other thread about rewards the same conclusions are reached by us (the players) but they (the devs) never change it. getting rewards should be in tiers. so lets say you get a tier 1 reward (think of it like +1), you can choose any that fit in that category. its still rng, but you get to choose. tier 4 reward? choose rings or necklace or whatever else falls into the +4 category. thatd be 1000x better than the current system.

By the way that was in place in the old SP, where you could choose the helm you wanted among the three available

Please no. Dont make them get a choice between tiers. Have you noticed during double enchants event that in mSP or FBi you get to chose between a r7 or an elven battle piece? Sorry, a r5 or r5 in mSP.

Frankly, mSP is fun absolute. But heck, should we just take the fun as a reward? I dont think so :/
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I find the opposite, whoever dies 12 times in CN gets the shard, the person watching MSVA from the lobby gets the orange marks and rings.
  • Options
    eolee said:

Right.

Just my experiences. You don't have to take them as rote, but don't question my integrity. Go ahead and keep feeling like HAMSTER over your rewards. It don't confront me none, long as I get my rent on Friday.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    The Loot for SP could be improved...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

The Loot for SP could be improved...

The last time the loot was improved "slightly", we got the the chance at better RP fuel. And by slightly, I mean "better chance to go from grey to green quality".

Even then, we currently run into this situation:

• Options
    > @litaaers said:
    > Right.
    > Just my experiences. You don't have to take them as rote, but don't question my integrity. Go ahead and keep feeling like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over your rewards. It don't confront me none, long as I get my rent on Friday.

Cheers from a Delaware Destroyers fan.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    eolee said:

litaaers said:

eolee said:

Right.

Just my experiences. You don't have to take them as rote, but don't question my integrity. Go ahead and keep feeling like HAMSTER over your rewards. It don't confront me none, long as I get my rent on Friday.

Im sorry but not really sure how your comment is feeding in any way this thread about bad loots in mSP. Everywhere else is "fine", we're not talking about rng for +5 rings in PoM.
    Your integrity is what it is, still i wonder how making a goat as sacrifice to Tymora will improve the loots in mSP.
    Maybe you should make a thread about your rng theory? Im sure everybody that still has an augment will sell kidneys to buy bondings and get "higher level rewards".

Your bitterness has affected your thinking. My tie in (wasn't aware it was mandated to have one... look at some of the threads on this board if you aren't sure) was that people are complaining that they aren't getting what they want for 'lootz', and I posited that maybe there is something other than just vanilla RNG at work.

But *you* know better. As a matter of fact, you probably lunch with the development folks aaaalll the time, and they clue you in on these things. Or, better yet, you're just that good, and figured it all out by your lonesome.

I deserve to be purged.... purge me, Numsy. Your brillance blinds us heathens.

But, back to reality, if the thought that there could be a secondary facet to dungeon or skirmish rewards bothers you so much, maybe you should look at it as a real possibility. I mean, wouldn't it make sense that they don't want these things to drop like rain, so they add another factor to augment it.

And that last bit about trying to drum up sales of bondings is pretty lame. The only reason I mentioned it was that it 'seemed' (theres that caveat again) to be when the drop rate went up for me.

Rebuttals may begin. Just be tasteful, and have an actual argument. :smile:

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    litaaers said:

I have known this to be true since I rolled up my SW alt. 12 dragons per day for two weeks chasing the hAmStEr Dragon Bone Pact Blade. I finally got one to drop... when I hit lvl 62. SMH

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    litaaers said:

no. more like the other way arround for me tbh. my dc gets way better drops as my SW despite my sw usually beeing on the upper side of the chart and my dc beeing last xd