test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [4/27] - COMPLETE

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow 4/27 starting at 6am PT for roughly three hours.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    patch notes??? reset only?
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Back to the vague maintenance announcements again I see. I knew good communication wouldn't last :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    "Funny" thing is, after @nitocris83 announced that more detailed information are given not in the primary source (the forum) but in social networks, I just checked on FB and saw just the exactly same (word by word) vague announcement. :-(

I mean, I understand that all at Cryptic are very busy with finishing Mod 11b, but to add a few words ("Just a server reset." or "Patch notes can be found here.") won't increase the risk of postponing its release...
  • Options
    zevra22zevra22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I cannot understand the reluctance for @nitrcris83 to provide better info about patches. Perhaps this admin is a volunteer and not paid and therefore does not feel compelled to take the time to do it correctly.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    zevra22 said:

I cannot understand the reluctance for @nitrcris83 to provide better info about patches. Perhaps this admin is a volunteer and not paid and therefore does not feel compelled to take the time to do it correctly.

I know, right? It's not like when I try to log in, I'll find out if there's a patch or not.
  • Options
    zevra22zevra22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Given this is a 4 hour maintenance one would suspect there is more going on than a simple server reset.
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    Not only was this vague also there was no announcement on game that shard was coming down so ball got dropped and kicked out of bounds.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    bobby4700 said:

Not only was this vague also there was no announcement on game that shard was coming down so ball got dropped and kicked out of bounds.

It isn't like it doesn't happen at the same time every week. And you know, the day before maintenance there is a blurb in red about when it will happen and for approximately how long. What? You don't read that?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Of course it's only a reset. They are launching 11b on Tuesday. They do not patch the live server that close to a major release (usually not for several weeks leading up).

Longer maintenance windows for the most part have nothing to do with patching. It means they're having the hamsters cleaned and lubricated.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    on the launcher, the 'blurb' specifically states - check the forums, so why do others unilaterally decide to go to social networks, which, I will not consult since THIS is the official neverwinter forum, and pointing in other directions only dilutes the issue?
  • Options
    dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User

It means they're having the hamsters cleaned and lubricated.

Both of them? :)

• Options
    shalajariasshalajarias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is it possible to patch the game while the maintenance is going on? I had just redownloaded the game it was patching for a while and now it suddenly stopped. Was wondering if that had to do with it.
  • Options
    Sometimes you can. All depends on if the patch server is accessible.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

on the launcher, the 'blurb' specifically states - check the forums, so why do others unilaterally decide to go to social networks, which, I will not consult since THIS is the official neverwinter forum, and pointing in other directions only dilutes the issue?

I'm not commenting on the "check the forums". I am saying that WHEN it is to occur is listed there. And I find it interesting that no one pisses and moans when the game is available before the posted end time of the maint cycle.
  • Options
    shalajariasshalajarias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Sometimes you can. All depends on if the patch server is accessible.

A restart actually seemed to have helped.. so I guess it was my pc being stupid
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    WORST THING THEY ALSO FORGOT ABOUT SERVER TIME LEFT TO SHUT DOWN SERVER ASWELL
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Seriously? Is it really that hard to click your mouse and pop over to patch notes thread to see if there is going to be any,,, they do get posted over there when there is going to be a patch... if there are none, it means maintenance only.. sheesh, do you really need to be spoon fed every little bit of information?
  • Options
    swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Well, to be honest i have seen some small changes last couple of "resets". Last week, they changed the zen/ad transfer interaction box, it now keeps your last purposed ad offer intact in box when you change from toon to toon. This week i noticed a few auction house items have been moved to correct categories in search engine. Small changes, but it is more than just a simple reset.
This discussion has been closed.