Options

Official Feedback Thread: Sword Coast Chronicles Redesign

2»

Comments

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This is solely from achievements part:

The following achievements cannot be done anymore, people that did them deserve the points but others should be informed that it's not achievable anymore:

Karundax;Cloak tower; King's retreat; Frozen hearth; <-------------------Epic versions
    Dread vault, Mad dragon, Throne of Hidris <----------------------------Both epic and non-epic versions
    Into the never (I dont recognize this but i dont have either of the versions for this and i did lots of CN runs);
    Lair of lostmauth non epic version doesn't exist;

Major Hero; I'm pretty sure i did more than 1 major HE, specially with all the Ship HE i did lately however i only have record of 1;

PVP- domination; gautlgrym and icewindale give no points is this supposed?;

What is resonante evil squirmish? Call of chasm dungeon?
    ------^^(Aberrant assault?)^^--^(Spellplague Caverns?)^

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Major Hero; I'm pretty sure i did more than 1 major HE, specially with all the Ship HE i did lately however i only have record of 1;

I can answer that one: The Ship is not a Major HE. It's an Epic HE.

There are three HE sizes: minor, major, and epic. And there have been no "Major" HEs added to the game since Strongholds. All the SKT and River District HEs are either Minor or Epic.

Go to your guild stronghold and hit one of the medium-sized HEs - you know, the ones nobody does because the rewards are the same as the small HEs. Finish that, and check your achievement count again.

As well, tell your achievements page to show completed achievements, and you should see the minor HE and epic HE achievements.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    lowjohn said:

Go to your guild stronghold and hit one of the medium-sized HEs - you know, the ones nobody does because the rewards are the same as the small HEs.

Minor point, they do have a chance of resonance stones. I've done some recently because I figured I could complete the medium orc HE that was right beside me about as quickly as I could ride to whatever small ones were up (ahhh, power creep).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    As Japanese say Banzaaai I love it LOVE IT <3 , I adore it

I can not wait to have that i am a quest hoarder and figuring out what i am missing was a big hassle could take me 15 minutes just to get to one quest because i skim so fast

This is a game changer for me
  • Options
    The following campaigns have wrong/pointless "See zone rewards" button;

Benign Order of the third eye -> No section in collections, currently linking the last visited one;
    Underdark-> currently linking the last visited one;
    Maze Engine-> No section in collections, currently linking the last visited one;
    Elemental evil-> No section in collections, currently linking the last visited one;
    Respen game campains;No section in collections, currently linking the last visited one;

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    FEEDBACK

I finally had some time to check filters. I think this change I propose can be added easily before the launch next week since it involves only switching places and adding a line.
    Show Campaign and Show Deeds are things that need to be selected (one, or both) if we want to have anything visible. Add a line to seperate them. Also putting them on top would be better.
    After that the second filter option should come.

Picture included

@midnightlight#2361

P.S. Benign Order of the Nine is still showing 86% completion.

P.P.S. Or just add the line. That would sort the confusion by a lot. It took me a lot of clicking and combinations till I figured it out.
  • Options
    Hmm yes, I would like it if it listed:
    Show Campaigns
    Show Deeds
    (other stuff below that in the order it is now)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    The achievement for Sharandar arcane reservoir to stop the 3 barrels from exploding only requires getting the 2 first barrels from exploding and reach the room of the third, not stop the 3.

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I have not seen it but is there a way that shows when a key is available ... Sometimes the flag shows you a key is done but you have to go trough multiple campaign screens to figure out which
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    mynaam said:

I have not seen it but is there a way that shows when a key is available ... Sometimes the flag shows you a key is done but you have to go trough multiple campaign screens to figure out which

Yes, there's an icon beside each campaign that distinctly changes from indicating your progress to "something to collect". It's really user-friendly.

In the current UI, there are green gems in the corners of any campaign banner with a completed task to claim, but they are really subtle. I overlooked them for months until someone described them on the forum, and there they were.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I finally got back onto preview, and I do like the organization of the whole thing. The filter works well, for folks that like ascending or descending order, alphabetical, etc. Now if we could have that same concept apply to the Quest Log that'd be awesome. I tend to acquire quests whether I can complete them daily or not, so I have quite the back log to filter through at times. Perhaps headers for the campaign/zone the quest falls under? I know, I'm suggesting future work for @midnightlight#2361, but hey, it looks good so far. :wink:
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    It seems to be something wrong with Tiranny of dragons campaign progress, i have done 1 of the 5 times needed "disrupt thayan activity" and "disrupt cultist activity", both of those are quite advanced in the campaign, i have as well 6 of the 7 possible boons however my campain progress is only 13%.

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @midnightlight#2361 would it be feasible to have a "Favorite" system for the entries? That way you could have an option of "always show favorites" and folks could pick their own set. Would work for people who only revisit a subest of campaigns after they finished and would make it perpetually personalize-able.
  • Options
    midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer
    dupeks said:

@midnightlight#2361 would it be feasible to have a "Favorite" system for the entries? That way you could have an option of "always show favorites" and folks could pick their own set. Would work for people who only revisit a subest of campaigns after they finished and would make it perpetually personalize-able.

This is a feature we would like to add in the future.

It seems to be something wrong with Tiranny of dragons campaign progress, i have done 1 of the 5 times needed "disrupt thayan activity" and "disrupt cultist activity", both of those are quite advanced in the campaign, i have as well 6 of the 7 possible boons however my campain progress is only 13%.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of that, please?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @treeclimber @midnightlight#2361

That's an artifact of Tyranny of Dragons: Well of Dragons being comprised of 15 tasks: Disrupt Thayan Activity x5, Disrupt Cultist Activity x5, Prevent Tiamat's Return x5. 2/15 rounds to 13%. The number shown is correct for what it represents.

Treesclimber does have 100% completion of the original ToD campaign. I think these were consolidated into one entry (the old UI had two), but maybe the progress of the pre-70 portion no longer tracks? I'm not sure.

Earning 100% completion of this campaign is a no-go except for players who strongly want all their boxes ticked. Finishing all of the Prevent Tiamat's Return tasks isn't required, and the cost in Linu's Favor is grotesquely out of line with the rank 5 enchant you get back from the task. I know that isn't an art or a UI issue, but maybe could be forwarded as a concern for campaign rewards. That task probably needs to give a rank 7 enchant to be remotely worth doing more than once, to be frank. Once unlocks the final tier of repeatable tasks, which is a good design choice and changing it would be a giant leap backwards in making player-friendly campaigns.

Edit: If they really want to make Prevent Tiamat's Return rewarding, they should consider adding a unique item from the final completion like the cloaks from the original ToD task tiers.

Second edit: Since we know conditional unlocks in the Maze Engine transmute store are possible, as with the Svardborg banner, it makes sense to me that the transmutes for the ToD cloaks should be unlocks for characters who originally earned them in their campaign, rather than single purchases. (They're not really that costly and this isn't a big deal, but it would be nice.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    midnightlight#2361 midnightlight Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 45 Cryptic Developer

@beckylunatic is correct. It's because Well of Dragons and Tyranny of Dragons campaigns progression is separated. We needed to have it come up at level 26 and later at level 70.

Also a note: Currently only main story tasks (which are chosen by the designer) factor into the campaign progression percentage, this does not included boons or tasks you can repeat indefinitely. We will be changing the wording to "Advancement" in a coming update to help with that confusion. Not all campaigns use the "Advancement" header but enough do that it we hope this will make it clearer.