test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you all happy with items like artifacts dropping from chest being Bound to account?

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Just finish doing my first RAD run of the day and got one Thayan Book of the dead and it was BTA, and cant sell it on ah for 315k ad, were im mostly in need of ad, forcing me to discard it because it has no use to me as a feeder to other artifacts. @nitocris83 , @mimicking#6533 bad move towards players that need ad to upgrade themselves, very dissapointing.

Best Answer

• Options
    edited April 2017 Answer ✓
    and again today eye of the dragon green quality bta, remove bta or remove green versions of the artifacts @mimicking#6533 this is so annoying to hope to get something to sell but no. Moderator edited out inappropriate bits.
    Post edited by kreatyve on

Answers

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I'd never discard something like that. it's worth a bag space. who knows when you might decide you want it on an alt or do need it as a feeder. that's 315 you don't have to spend at some other point in time.

I've got a fair amount of both bound and unbound and bound to account. I don't mind. artifacts have already taken such a huge hit in price that it seems fair to me to be a random mix
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    you could save it for 2x refine point events which we just did have. use them and artifact get 2x amounts.
    make sure that artifact at least 15th level, bigger amount get 2x amounts fed to your artifact you need.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @wylonus said:
    > you could save it for 2x refine point events which we just did have. use them and artifact get 2x amounts.
    > make sure that artifact at least 15th level, bigger amount get 2x amounts fed to your artifact you need.

Make sure the artifacts are coded so they can actually be fed into another first though. I got screwed this way, got a red dragon heart from a dungeon, ranked it to rank 92, then found out it couldn't be refined into another artifact.

So before you put any RP into it make sure by placing it into the refining box of something else first, it should allow you to and show you how many RPs it gives just don't click the refine button click cancel instead. If it puts a red X over the box instead then you can't use it as a feeder.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Only solution is running the content where the drops are unbound
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Where can I find details on where bound vs unbound drops come from? I get a mix of both yet haven't noticed the pattern yet!! I got a lantern from cloak tower the other day and it was unbound! If unbound drops there what would drop bound stuff!!

Most of my runs are FBI/MSVA and I've had no issues with bound stuff there. I do still run some older T2s but mainly for salvage and I've never thought to look at the bind status!!!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Unbound "Cragmire" artifacts have rarely dropped in dungeons and skirmishes since artifacts were introduced. Even the baby content. I don't think any special drops were added to levelling dungeons, only what was always there.

FBI/MSVA, etc. drops unbound companions, mounts, and artifacts. Easier content has a mix of bind statuses.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Bound or unbound Im not OK with all of the chest drops in this game. They are all entirely underwhelming.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

> @wylonus said:

> you could save it for 2x refine point events which we just did have. use them and artifact get 2x amounts.

> make sure that artifact at least 15th level, bigger amount get 2x amounts fed to your artifact you need.

Make sure the artifacts are coded so they can actually be fed into another first though. I got screwed this way, got a red dragon heart from a dungeon, ranked it to rank 92, then found out it couldn't be refined into another artifact.

So before you put any RP into it make sure by placing it into the refining box of something else first, it should allow you to and show you how many RPs it gives just don't click the refine button click cancel instead. If it puts a red X over the box instead then you can't use it as a feeder.

I had the exact same problem. Got the red dragon heart on CN I believe. Waste of RP and marks getting it from green to mid purple till I realized. Quite disappointing.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Unbound "Cragmire" artifacts have rarely dropped in dungeons and skirmishes since artifacts were introduced. Even the baby content. I don't think any special drops were added to levelling dungeons, only what was always there.

FBI/MSVA, etc. drops unbound companions, mounts, and artifacts. Easier content has a mix of bind statuses.

They increased the drop rate on them with the chest change though.

All dungeon chests have the chance at the random loot roll though. I had some guildmates that farmed their Cambion Magus from Master of the Hunt because it's a two minute skirmish.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    on the day before this i won green eye of the red dragon(green quality) and was not bound, making it sellable help a lot players while the the thayan book of the dead (green quality) was bta wtf, game never had green version of it and they decide to make it bta, most likely like some of the pets(green quality) dropping from chest that dont have active bonus because the green version never existed, and player need to search ah to see the real active bonus, what were the devs doing when added these?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

what were the devs doing when added these?

Giving people who couldn't get the Epic versions a choice?

• Options
    litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

No, they absolutely screwed that up. Any companion that they threw out there missing an active bonus is a blunder.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

litaaers said:

arcanjo86 said:

No, they absolutely screwed that up. Any companion that they threw out there missing an active bonus is a blunder.

Sorry, I thought they were talking about offering the green artifact versions at all.

These green companions don't get the bonus when you level them up, via tokens?

• Options
    They do when they reach the level where they previously had a bonus, but that doesn't mean the lack of one at lower ranks isn't negligence. Only Watler has been fixed, afaik. At least one new companion (Winter Wolf) is missing a bonus entirely, at any rank.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

They do when they reach the level where they previously had a bonus, but that doesn't mean the lack of one at lower ranks isn't negligence. Only Watler has been fixed, afaik. At least one new companion (Winter Wolf) is missing a bonus entirely, at any rank.

Has anyone asked if this is WAI?
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I suspect that the cragmire artifact drop rate was boosted when an artifact set was added that uses them as it's third piece.