test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist's Gambit. Do something about the Bronze Runners plz

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    There's a vote choice there, stop complaining and get your party at PE, or in your guild alliance
    if theres a vote and you loose is not a expoit...

i did a good buch of Bronze run in my CW to get my mirage we had a 4 persons pre made and we got the 5 member in the third run, a pug that wanted to stay with us...

reverse the politics, we did that a few times, 3 man running only gold runs for gear (got a +4 ring there)...

long story short, theres a Vote/choice in a pug channel dont run if you dont want to loose some times,
    because that happens is called democracy...
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

On a side note I have a guildie that swears she got a +4 on a bronze run.

I hope is not true or your will never be ablle to run a gold again, as i like the option to leave with bronz, i really think that getting a better drop, or at least a chance off rare lot should be mandatory for silver and gold runs...
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    If the fight didn't feel so long and boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring, and the reflect damage wasn't so completely, disgustingly, utterly out of this world, and seemingly gets boosted by several hundred %, I'm sure more people would run it more.
    or hey.. maybe people shouldn't have asked for MORE grind for the weapon restoration?
    That backfired a little bit, no? So if anyone agreeing with OP in here was one of those people, well, then you can just suck it you frikking idiot, because you get no sympathy from me.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Yup. Its so much grind to get the focus. So much grind to get the writings. There is no way I will do gold for one fleece. It's bronze or nothing for me. Faster to leave and queue up again than to finish gold. Fleece for bronze is good. Even factoring in the time I leave with nothing, it takes about the same amount of time to do gyrion tower. I did gyrion tower on one toon. So sick of it.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    rafaelda said:

I hope is not true or your will never be ablle to run a gold again, as i like the option to leave with bronz, i really think that getting a better drop, or at least a chance off rare lot should be mandatory for silver and gold runs...
    you can get epic on bronze but it is SOoooooo very unlikely (at least that's what I've been lead to believe). at least someone in a party I was in claimed to have got a plus 4. I've only done 5 bronze runs but I have to assume they just got very lucky. I got green every time.

a question on the reflective damage. how can you mitigate that? I'm getting hammered with my own one shots?

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I second this. The Bronze runners is basically exploiting the system. Rewards should be significantly reduced for bronze and silver.
    I think the solution is to make no greens drop in gold. make it plus three and better only.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Well, the skirmish had been out for 2 days on ps4 and already 50% of my pug runs have been voted as bronze run. Pretty sad.

Couple different solutions that most wont like: no marks, ad,fleece unless gold run. Or: only +3 or higher drops for gold runs, Or: add a 2nd queue that is specific for gold runs and has no vote mechanic.

As for the reflect.....Yea it is just ridiculous.
    Yup it's disheartening. They've all heard PC is doing bronze only and they assume it's the same reward system. After 2 days already having to make premades for an easy easy skirmish is hamster at best. I do wish they'd do something to make more ppl want to play gold. Either that or they could make the odds the same in bronze as it is good for real. Heck even just posting what the odds actually are for every tier would help
    I want to understand the reflect values. Some runs with reflect damage are seemless some are wipes. Why is that. What are we doing in those runs that go without hitch that is different?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited April 2017

lowendus said:

It's about making public Q's your own turf

which is exactly what you try to do.

It's a vote. A survey of the desires of the majority. That's not exactly a fascist regime.

But, if you choose to leave after bronze, the RAD reward should be reduced to 1/3. Also, a leaver penalty of 30 mins. should be applied.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

rafaelda said:

you can get epic on bronze but it is SOoooooo very unlikely (at least that's what I've been lead to believe). at least someone in a party I was in claimed to have got a plus 4. I've only done 5 bronze runs but I have to assume they just got very lucky. I got green every time.

a question on the reflective damage. how can you mitigate that? I'm getting hammered with my own one shots?

Most gold runs net you a piece of green gear so that sounds about the same lol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    I did 15 runs today. Only 5 bronze. I did stay for one gold run b/c I was #4 on the DPS chart so I had some confidence gold will be successful. But even that run failed.

There seems to be plenty of people willing to do gold. But these people are not well geared. I'm not nearly BiS and have no bonding, but am the top DPSer in 8/10 runs. The wider the margin of my DPS from the second person, the more likely the group will want gold. Go figure.

Also, a leaver penalty of 30 mins. should be applied.

Won't help. Will make things worst. First it will discourage people from grinding for the mirage set. Second, it will make the queue time longer. Where do you think I go after I leave? Back in the queue of course until I get my mirage set.

• evilsquirrel03evilsquirrel03 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Green gear dropping in gold runs is just an insult. Why am I getting a bronze prize when i'm completing something at a gold level? There seems to be a real disconnect between the completion levels and rewards. Why can't we ever get rewards that reflect effort, you know something that looks like:

Bronze Run:
    +1 Companion Gear
    +2 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)

Silver Run:
    +2 Companion Gear
    +3 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)

Gold Run:
    +3 Companion Gear
    +4 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)
    +5 Companion Gear (Extremely Rare Reward)

Stick the fleece in as a random drop for any of the runs, but come on, if we're running this for gear that has so many configurations that many would be considered junk, at least give us something that makes sense.

Oh and speaking of making sense...an overload slot on a legendary piece of gear?! Are you serious? I'm starting to think that they're trolling us...
    edited April 2017

Green gear dropping in gold runs is just an insult. Why am I getting a bronze prize when i'm completing something at a gold level? There seems to be a real disconnect between the completion levels and rewards. Why can't we ever get rewards that reflect effort, you know something that looks like:

Bronze Run:
    +1 Companion Gear
    +2 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)

Silver Run:
    +2 Companion Gear
    +3 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)

Gold Run:
    +3 Companion Gear
    +4 Companion Gear (Rare Reward)
    +5 Companion Gear (Extremely Rare Reward)

Stick the fleece in as a random drop for any of the runs, but come on, if we're running this for gear that has so many configurations that many would be considered junk, at least give us something that makes sense.

Oh and speaking of making sense...an overload slot on a legendary piece of gear?! Are you serious? I'm starting to think that they're trolling us...

They could have a gold run drop only +4s and +5s and you'd have about as good a chance of getting what you want as you do of getting what you want in demogorgon. There are just so many of them that you wouldn't want that it's absolutely unecessary to even have +3s.

IMO they should also replace +5s with unbound loyal gear. People would grind it all day for that. Loyal gear supposedly being unbalanced is also kind of hard to swallow when their solution was to just give us adorable gear with a different name. The only real difference is that to have it be as good as loyal gear (and slightly better) you need to put r12s in it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

I did 15 runs today. Only 5 bronze. I did stay for one gold run b/c I was #4 on the DPS chart so I had some confidence gold will be successful. But even that run failed.

There seems to be plenty of people willing to do gold. But these people are not well geared. I'm not nearly BiS and have no bonding, but am the top DPSer in 8/10 runs. The wider the margin of my DPS from the second person, the more likely the group will want gold. Go figure.

Also, a leaver penalty of 30 mins. should be applied.

Won't help. Will make things worst. First it will discourage people from grinding for the mirage set. Second, it will make the queue time longer. Where do you think I go after I leave? Back in the queue of course until I get my mirage set.

I didn't say it would help... but, just like abandoning a PvP match, your actions affect your team. That should not be without consequences.

rafaelda said:

I dropped a +4 talisman of the companion on a bronze. So far I have only gotten +2's from gold.

I didn't say it would help... but, just like abandoning a PvP match, your actions affect your team. That should not be without consequences.

Most of the groups I leave is because I was top DPS and was pretty sure there would be no gold. I hate telling people what to do so I just leave. I may even be saving them time as they will wipe faster.

One problem is people always go for gold, never consider if the group even has a chance to finish. There was one run where one person had already dropped out as the first round started. I was top DPS by far and was the first to vote 'leave'. No one bothered asking if we should continue, or even what the chances being down one person. The other three low-geared players voted to continue. I had no problem leaving them.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2017

the only people still running gold are the clueless and the newbs.

I'm neither clueless nor newb, yet i still run only gold IG. What, i want the best companion gear available without paying 10M for a loyal avenger or adorable bite, does that make me clueless ? Just because you need some AD and doesn't want that pet gear so you run only bronze thing doesn't mean everyone WANT OR NEED to do the same hamster thing.

The thing is this skirmish is so badly implemented that most people prefer leave at bronze because you get the AD. Just move the AD to the gold reward, and drastically improve the droprate of +4 (and fix that +5 thing). An instance is supposed to be Ffinished, not abandoned at the first difficulty. Bronze runs shouldn't be the norm, this was the worst idea and it's showing a toxic behaviour that we usually only see in pvp.

agilesto said:

the only people still running gold are the clueless and the newbs.

I'm neither clueless nor newb, yet i still run only gold IG. What, i want the best companion gear available without paying 10M for a loyal avenger or adorable bite, does that make me clueless ? Just because you need some AD and doesn't want that pet gear so you run only bronze thing doesn't mean everyone WANT OR NEED to do the same hamster thing.

The thing is this skirmish is so badly implemented that most people prefer leave at bronze because you get the AD. Just move the AD to the gold reward, and drastically improve the droprate of +4 (and fix that +5 thing). An instance is supposed to be Ffinished, not abandoned at the first difficulty. Bronze runs shouldn't be the norm, this was the worst idea and it's showing a toxic behaviour that we usually only see in pvp.

The point he is making is that you can run bronze runs three times in the time it takes to do one gold run but gold doesn't have significantly increased drop rates for +4s.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    If they did something like chance fleece drop at bronze, guaranteed fleece at silver, and one guaranteed plus one chance fleece at gold, this should push all the fleece farmers to silver. Should be easy to convince them to go gold if the team is strong. They still have the option to bail at bronze if the team is weak.

If they did something like chance fleece drop at bronze, guaranteed fleece at silver, and one guaranteed plus one chance fleece at gold, this should push all the fleece farmers to silver. Should be easy to convince them to go gold if the team is strong. They still have the option to bail at bronze if the team is weak.

But at that point you're basically just asking for Cryptic to triple the length of the skirmish without increasing the actual rewards.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    For each rank done (bronze, silver, gold), a reward should be added, i.e. bronze = only fleece, silver=bronze reward + RP, gold= all other ranks reward + companion item, or something like that. All would be happy i think.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    It seems there is no good reason to continue past bronze. Here is why:
    1. It seems you need Gold for a +5 ring, but as nobody wants the +5 rings, so that does not count.
    2. +4 rings can drop at bronze, but the chances seem lower than if you reach Gold.
    3. However, you can run 2 or even 3 Bronze-level skirmishes in the same time as one Gold, for double or triple the rewards - you will get more Fleece and a higher chance of a +4 ring.
    Is there any good reason whatsoever to aim for Gold?
    Hoping for improvements...