test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GPU Settings Bug on AMD 16.11.2 64-Bit

2»

Comments

• stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    i have this also for weeks and probally for months now.
    Very sad that Cryptic blames AMD. I play alot of games and none are having this problem only NWO.
    I have R390 8g vidcard with windows 10. This is why Cryptic has a bad rep with programming. The game is nice but the programming is poor. Dont be that arrogant Cryptic just fix this damn problem. Your DX9 option atleast didnt crashed the game and now you took away the only stable option for us Radeon users. Just plain sad
  • jakefarrelljakefarrell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    1st, it still exist on the actual 17.3.1 driver !
    2nd funny sidenode : in Star Trek Online , this ***** stupid error doestn exist... all works perfect after the change of the requirements..

which leads me to 3rd : what does the Star Trek Online programmers make better than the ones from Neverwinter ? ;) maybe the ones from Neverwinter should ask the STO ones :)
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    My two cents worth:

I just upgraded to a Ryzen 1700X, 32 GB dual DDR4-2133, ASUS Prime B350-Plus motherboard,
    reusing my Radeon R9-290X, and old ssd/sshd/hdd's.
    Running in Windows 10 Pro x64 (ver 1607, build 14393.693)

Using the latest drivers (tested with 17.2.1 and 17.3.1-beta)

Always with that silly message showing...
  • thesteefthesteef Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I get the same message. Running an HD 7970, more than capable of handling the game. Unfortunately, regardless of which open I choose, it crashes on the subsequent loading screen. In the alerts log, I have the following:

InvalidType[1]: InvalidType[1]: TriggerAlert(\r\n{\r\n\tKey Get_Dcm_Keys_Failed\r\n\tString \qCOuldn\st find key DCMKeyValues while trying to read DCM keys from registry\q\r\n\tLevel CRITICAL

Really miss this game, was hoping to get back into it.
    and it still exist with 17.3.2 (from march 15th) ... whats going on Devs ?
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    thesteef said:

I get the same message. Running an HD 7970, more than capable of handling the game. Unfortunately, regardless of which open I choose, it crashes on the subsequent loading screen. In the alerts log, I have the following:

InvalidType[1]: InvalidType[1]: TriggerAlert(\r\n{\r\n\tKey Get_Dcm_Keys_Failed\r\n\tString \qCOuldn\st find key DCMKeyValues while trying to read DCM keys from registry\q\r\n\tLevel CRITICAL

Really miss this game, was hoping to get back into it.

I run on 7970 and it works fine. Still, I do get the message that my driver is out of date, and whenever it puts up the dialog before starting I just check remember and chose the option not to mess with the settings. (Windows 10, 64-bit, still on 17.2.1 I think)

Thanks misquamacus2, good to know it isn't the card. I'm assuming it is a conflict with something else installed on my system but I have no idea what. I'll play with some stuff and see if I can figure out.
    Ended up doing a quick reformat and re-install and now it is working perfectly, not even the error message with Radeon Settings version 17.3.2
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    thesteef said:

Ended up doing a quick reformat and re-install and now it is working perfectly, not even the error message with Radeon Settings version 17.3.2

Reformat what? The drive Neverwinter is on? The whole OS?
    thesteef said:

this can't be a solution... since in STO it works perfectly
  • dandeloreondandeloreon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I am also effected by this bug, and it's extremely annoying. This is effecting two of my computers.

Laptop PC (No Changes): Acer Laptop Aspire E5-553G-1986
    • CPU: AMD A12-9700P (2.50 GHz) APU.
    • Ram: 8 GB DDR4 Memory
    • Primary Hard drive: 1 TB HDD
    • Secondary Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD
    • Dedicated GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M440
    • Screen: Built-in 15.6" display at 1920x1080 resolution.
    • Driver: Whatever is Installed by windows update. This means the driver is probably the automatic driver for Windows 10 Anniversary edition.
    Custom PC: ( I run Neverwinter on Highest settings across the Board Here):
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • AMD FX 8320E - Eight core cpu @ 3.2GHZ ( 4.0 Ghz Turbo)
    • AMD Radeon R9 Fury GPU W/ 4GB HBM Memory
    • 16GB DDR3 Memory
    • 1TB SSD.
    • AMD Catalyst 17.3.3 driver - Yes, I can confirm that this bug effects even the latest AMD driver released since this driver has a release date of March 21st, 2017.
    Also, I do not have an option to avoid settings changes so it always sets my game settings to either low or default and I am forced to haft to change all of the settings back up to high again.
  • dumoanosdumoanos Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This is seriously pathetic on the part of the developers.

#1 For not fixing it
    #2 For not taking responsibility for the issue
    #3 For not explaining what is going on and just leaving us to the forums to complain

Fix your game people.
  • ramarthramarth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    upgraded to the new 17 graphic software and got " You can not play this game with you present graphics card it must support DX 9+" I happen to have DX 12 installed! I am now in the proccess of totally installing the game. Hope this clears the issue. My card is the Radeon 270 . Only 6 months old, as is the computer.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 4/12/2017, 20:06:49
    Machine name: JVARNER
    Machine Id: {6BB77379-C85F-4739-A3E6-5924D755E56E}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/28/14 18:04:45 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16350MB RAM
    Page File: 3764MB used, 15017MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6658)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6658&SUBSYS_E258174B&REV_00
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 10200 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2024 MB
    Shared Memory: 8175 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313068.inf_amd64_e67163c3a40a84ae\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313068.inf_amd64_e67163c3a40a84ae\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313068.inf_amd64_e67163c3a40a84ae\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313068.inf_amd64_e67163c3a40a84ae\amdxc64.dll
    Driver File Version: 22.19.0157.0003 (English)
    Driver Version: 22.19.157.3
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.1
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/9/2017 7:00:00 PM, 1673752 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Post edited by ramarth on
  • ramarthramarth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Reinstall stopped at 6%, Don't know what I can do. I do know I can't play right now. I also can't afford a new Graphics card.
  • empressalyakaempressalyaka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm having same issue with the same error message on page 1 of this thread. I am running AMD Radeon R5 graphics with 8 gigs of memory and tons of hard drive space with latest drivers for graphics and the Creator's Build update on my machine. Is this ever going to be fixed?
    This is still an issue with Catayst ReLive 17.4.3. I believe the issue is probably due to driver upgrades.
    Yeah that is what I have. Why is it not being fixed? I updated to the latest driver and I get this problem.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! I'm escalating this up again but trying to parse out all the comments left to date:

-Players just getting a "update driver message" vs. "you can't play this game" message
    -Happening on all Cryptic games vs. "it's not happening on STO"
    -What exact troubleshooting steps have been taken
    -Making sure no one is using the emulate Win XP options

First option I know for sure I get I don't know about the second option as I only play Neverwinter. I don't know what troubleshooting steps to take. I'm not uninstalling my video drivers if that is an option? I'm not doing it! I'm not using an emulate Win Xp option of any kind.

Hi everyone! I'm escalating this up again but trying to parse out all the comments left to date:

-Players just getting a "update driver message" vs. "you can't play this game" message
    -Happening on all Cryptic games vs. "it's not happening on STO"
    -What exact troubleshooting steps have been taken
    -Making sure no one is using the emulate Win XP options

TO BE ***CLEAR*****

NEVERWINTER is the >>>>ONLY<<<<< game i am having this issue with, out of the 500 games i own on Steam.

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOT OURS.
    At this point if Neverwinter does not get straightened out I'm going to find another game to play. I hate companies that blame everyone else but themselves for their software issues. I agree with Dumoanos. This is NOT our problem. It needs to be fixed or I will play other games from Blizzard including World of Warcraft. Anything is better than this. It's too bad too cause I loved Neverwinter a lot.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! The "update drivers/out of date drivers" message should be going away within a couple weeks. For players getting the "unable to play" message, please let us know if after May 2nd you still experience this issue. If you still have the problem, please start a new thread on the forums describing your issue as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! The "update drivers/out of date drivers" message should be going away within a couple weeks. For players getting the "unable to play" message, please let us know if after May 2nd you still experience this issue. If you still have the problem, please start a new thread on the forums describing your issue as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

And this will make it so the game actually runs good? i get like 10fps everywhere on low. on a PC that can run Elder Scrolls Online, on ultra 100+fps.
    edited May 2017
    dumoanos said:

And this will make it so the game actually runs good? i get like 10fps everywhere on low. on a PC that can run Elder Scrolls Online, on ultra 100+fps.

I believe the graphics backend for the game is still seeing optimizations in regards to the DX9 graphics removal. Anyways, Can you post some system details on the computer you are saying only gets 10 FPS? I know that I see some fps issues when I go to the guild stronghold, but for most other maps i rarely see any fps issues and I play the game with all graphics settings tuned to max.

Also, I can confirm that the the most recent patch ( version NW.80.20170417a.3 and a ( Link to release notes ) fixed the issue with the driver being flagged as out of date.