test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of current bugs on Hunter Ranger

Comments

• Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    That is excellent news hopefully it will get carried over to LIVE!
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Plant growth was finally fixed on preview.

Yes, this is really good news.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    Great work everyone on adressing the PG issue. Seems they are listening! :) There are still many issues however, but that was certainly a major one.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Serpent Weave (Shifting lowers Melee cooldowns by .1/.2/.3/.4/.5s) doesn't seem to work. At rank 5 two shifts (1 second) + 1 second of normal cooldown time should equal 2 seconds but shifting doesn't seem to effect the cooldowns.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    I used it a lot in PvP about a month ago, it works, but it may suspend the normal countdown clock during multiple shifts. If you watch your cds and shift continually till all your stamina is gone, the cds do go down as they are supposed to. No use outside of pvp though, or without a lot of stamina regain.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The cooldown reduction seems to be very inconsistent, most of the time it ticks away 1 second at a time regardless if you are shifting. Serpent Weave is useful for "non-cookie cutter" HR builds/rotations where shifting can be used to reduce melee cooldowns which will in turn reduce ranged cooldowns when those melee encounters are performed (Swiftness of the Fox).
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    can one actually notice a difference between rank 1 of that feat and rank 5? I am curious because maybe poorly written tooltip that may actually be just a flat reduction for at least having some of the feat.

anyone actually test this feat? or is this all bind trust?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hmm, yeah, I never tried it at less than 5. It does work, I used to shave 4-5 seconds off pg with it in PvP with every stamina regen boon etc. I could take and constant shifting, but whether just having 1 point in would do the same idk.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Plant Growths tool tip dmg no longer matches its actual dmg out put. Idk how I or anyone hasn't noticed this yet. For example, the white numbers for me are 59,257-71,297 on a non crit. What I'm actualy hitting is 15000-19,000 on a non crit. So in short Plant Growth no longer is out best dmg move. Everything else we do in dmg on a crit is a little over double what our white tool tip vaules are. So before you say I'm wrong check it. I was wondering why SS is hitting harder than PG even without a dread boosting it. Ill be making a vid tomorrow when I get more time.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I believe it has always been that way, @alliera7311 . Tooltip shows the total amount of damage, and not the damage per tick. If you multiply your numbers by four - the amount of ticks - it sounds about right.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @jaegernl I dont think so because in mod 9 it use to hit like a train way harder than SS ever could. If the the dmg adds up the way you said which I'm sure it does not anything that is DoT based would do the same and it doesn't. I'm telling you all they messed it more than we thought doing there little "fixes". Please go and look into it.
  • Options
    leej77#1980 leej77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    any one else having problems with 12 bondings not proking to 100 % HR trapper
  • Options

@jaegernl I dont think so because in mod 9 it use to hit like a train way harder than SS ever could. If the the dmg adds up the way you said which I'm sure it does not anything that is DoT based would do the same and it doesn't. I'm telling you all they messed it more than we thought doing there little "fixes". Please go and look into it.

I'll run a few parses to see if I can find anything. I'll keep you posted!
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    @jaegernl I'll do some test of my own this week as well. I'm pretty certain PG use to hit those white numbers per tick on a non crit and a little over double that on a crit. They did nothing to decrease the tool tip vaule in previous patches. Of course we all know they decreased the range and how fast the ticks worked per second and in doing so created the delay which is getting patched.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I seem to Remember something about all HR encounters were changed to only effect a max of 5 enemies
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I thought that was JUST pg. not everything.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ^^^^ That is also what I read in past patch notes.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    All of the aoe powers for the HR are capped at 5 to include dailies and at-wills if I'm not mistaken.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    I'm not talking about the target cap everyone knows about the cap. Check the dmg tool tip it doesn't match per tick on it's dmg out put it's way off.
  • Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I don't know if this is really considered a bug, or if it's actually restricted to Split the Sky, but I often encounter situations in which the entire animation of casting Split the Sky plays, but the power does not actually take effect or go on cooldown. I think this has to do with trying to cast it while at the tail end of movement? But it often results in an effective total waste of 2 seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    nirafelos said:

I don't know if this is really considered a bug, or if it's actually restricted to Split the Sky, but I often encounter situations in which the entire animation of casting Split the Sky plays, but the power does not actually take effect or go on cooldown. I think this has to do with trying to cast it while at the tail end of movement? But it often results in an effective total waste of 2 seconds.

There's a couple of powers who suffer from the same issue. It's not just Hunter Ranger or Split the Sky. It often has to do with either dodging too soon, or using another skill quickly after Split the Sky. You will often see it go on cooldown for a split second, but then go back to not being on cooldown at all. The same happens with Rain of Swords. If you do your loop-ti-loop, but dodge too soon, it will not apply. Interestingly, it will proc Flurry. I do agree it's very, very annoying. Rain of Swords was a common encounter back in the day when everyone used Royal Guard. Combat Stormwarden was rather common back then, and Rain of Swords would proc the Combat Capstone on every tick, and every tick had a chance to proc the cooldown reduction of Royal Guard, effectively leaving you with very little, if any, skills on cooldown.

Some powers can be animation canceled, some can be used to cancel longer animations on other skills - Longstrider's for example - and some can't be animation canceled. A useful trick for people using Relic Weaponry and the Wheel, who don't want to use a dodge, and thereby trigger the defensive buff, is to activate the Wheel (or Tome) and then hit Longstrider's instantly after. You won't be 'locked in place' by the casting animation of the Wheel.
  • Options
    zell400#8061 zell400 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So I'm pretty stoked PG is gettin some attention. Has anyone else noticed that hindering strike frequently misses... Like it goes on cool down animation is there but I just missed all enemies. Been this way for longtime now and surprised nobody has mentioned it. Pretty big hit to trappers damage when it does miss. Throws off cool downs and just really screws rotations over. On ps4 if that makes a difference
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I'm not talking about the target cap everyone knows about the cap. Check the dmg tool tip it doesn't match per tick on it's dmg out put it's way off.

I took a look at the thread by @thefabricant - found *here* - where it's mentioned that Plant Growth has a 0th Rank. I suspect this is causing the discrepancy you see between tooltip and damage. I'll ask him about it when I see him online.

I'm however, still not convinced the tooltip damage is supposed to be per tick. Most, if not all, DoT skills have the same on their tooltip. I tried scouring through through gameplay footage from previous modules, but never was the tooltip shown. The only thing I did have were some notes from mod 7-8, on the division of damage sources - the ACT pie chart - where Thorned Roots and Plant Growth were roughly equal. It's the same for me now, after the fix.

It was pretty painful watching myself play back then, heh. The rotation is totally wrong.

• Options

So I'm pretty stoked PG is gettin some attention. Has anyone else noticed that hindering strike frequently misses... Like it goes on cool down animation is there but I just missed all enemies. Been this way for longtime now and surprised nobody has mentioned it. Pretty big hit to trappers damage when it does miss. Throws off cool downs and just really screws rotations over. On ps4 if that makes a difference

This is a good addition. Hindering Strike does have a tedency to 'whiff' and miss everything. I'm going to head over to Preview and see if I can recreate it.
  • Options
    Tytyty quite frustrating always wiffs when I need to hit the most lol
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    jaegernl said:

I took a look at the thread by @thefabricant - found *here* - where it's mentioned that Plant Growth has a 0th Rank. I suspect this is causing the discrepancy you see between tooltip and damage. I'll ask him about it when I see him online.

I'm however, still not convinced the tooltip damage is supposed to be per tick. Most, if not all, DoT skills have the same on their tooltip. I tried scouring through through gameplay footage from previous modules, but never was the tooltip shown. The only thing I did have were some notes from mod 7-8, on the division of damage sources - the ACT pie chart - where Thorned Roots and Plant Growth were roughly equal. It's the same for me now, after the fix.

It was pretty painful watching myself play back then, heh. The rotation is totally wrong.

@jaegernl the reason the tooltip is off is because it calculates assuming it ticks 5 times rather than 4 times, it does however account for the 0th rank.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Were you able to recreate this very problematic hindering strike?
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Were you able to recreate this very problematic hindering strike?

I have used it since Mod 5, every day, I have never ever seen it not hit when i am in range.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe