test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchased zen but not allowed to exchange for AD

reign#6213 reign Member Posts: 26 Arc User
So I made the stupid decision to make the purchase through the arc website (huge mistake). Last time I did it on steam and there was no problem but now through arc it's a huge problem. Creeping up on 24 hours now does anybody have a clue how long this usually takes? Anybody been hit with this thing before? L literally bought dragonborn and was about to buy a cool mount and some gear through AH until this happened so now I am kind of in a stale mate and not really wanting to play the game until this is sorted out.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    It's usually the other way around. Buying on Steam causes issues. Buying through Arc is no problem.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Before a mod comes along and says the same thing... your best bet is to contact Support and ask them, nobody here is going to be able to answer your question with any authority!

Good luck getting your issue resolved :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    I've spoken with support they don't have any answers either. What I want to know is if anybody here has suffered the same issue and if so how long did the probationary period last for?
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Did you transfer the zen to your account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Wait, support couldn't help you? Um, that just seems strange to me! :disappointed:

Usually the issue is with Steam purchases causing your account to go on probation, not Arc purchases.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

As you mentioned probation... the probationary period usually lasts until the financial transaction clears, which can take up to 10 days.
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    When I attempt to exchange my zen for AD it says "Due to your recent acitivity" bla bla bla probationary period. Did I withdraw the zen yes I did. That's where I am at...the issue wasn't "getting zen" it was "exchanging zen for AD" and I 100% went through ARC when I did the purchase. I spoke to support also as stated before and they have no idea how long the probationary period goes for because security is not their section and they're not equipped to give answers for such things because they simply do not know as I was told "they have their own employees" so I couldn't get told anything to help me regarding the probation period.
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    You have to wait one week or so
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If you changed up the way you are purchasing Zen - through Arc when you usually purchase through Steam, or using a different credit card than you usually do or something else much different than your usual activity - this can cause your account to be flagged for investigation to make sure that all is well with your account and that the money is coming from a legit source. Is it a pain? Yes. But it would be more of a pain for everyone if someone is purchasing Zen with a stolen credit card and then converting the Zen to AD and getting it all spread out. This is their way of making sure everything stays on 1 account until things check out.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

If you changed up the way you are purchasing Zen - through Arc when you usually purchase through Steam, or using a different credit card than you usually do or something else much different than your usual activity - this can cause your account to be flagged for investigation to make sure that all is well with your account and that the money is coming from a legit source. Is it a pain? Yes. But it would be more of a pain for everyone if someone is purchasing Zen with a stolen credit card and then converting the Zen to AD and getting it all spread out. This is their way of making sure everything stays on 1 account until things check out.

Made two purchases through steam and the third through arc, same account same name all of that but yes the third method was different and that is why. I contacted support again today and this time I was told that I am looking at about a week as somebody stated on the forum. So now I know...I am effectively out of the action until the probation is over I am in a stalemate as I just purchased dragonborn and was about to get an epic mount and some good gear and start playing but since I can't do that I can't actually play the game the way I want to. At least I have VIP I'll login every night and unbox and hopefully get something good to sell in AH otherwise I'll just have to wait until next weekend.

It is what it is I guess...getting punished for supporting a game how stupid of me.
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Made two purchases through steam and the third through arc, same account same name all of that but yes the third method was different and that is why. I contacted support again today and this time I was told that I am looking at about a week as somebody stated on the forum. So now I know...I am effectively out of the action until the probation is over I am in a stalemate as I just purchased dragonborn and was about to get an epic mount and some good gear and start playing but since I can't do that I can't actually play the game the way I want to. At least I have VIP I'll login every night and unbox and hopefully get something good to sell in AH otherwise I'll just have to wait until next weekend.

It is what it is I guess...getting punished for supporting a game how stupid of me.
    Blame all the people who committed credit card fraud over and over, forcing them to do this. :(
    you have a point :)
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I don't understand why this makes the game unplayable... There is still content to run and things to do! Yes it sucks that this happened but grind out a little AD while you wait!!
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

I don't understand why this makes the game unplayable... There is still content to run and things to do! Yes it sucks that this happened but grind out a little AD while you wait!!

Have been doing that it's okay but it's not really that fun to be honest. It's far better to play it the way you wanted to for example I have a crappy free2play mount instead of an epic one = because of the probation block

I can't buy stuff because it becomes account bound = because of the probation block

I can't get what I want from the AH because I am not able to exchange my zen for AD's = because of the probation block

I mean yeah I can grind a little and I did so that's cool and all I have two characters and I don't mind grinding it out but at the end of the day I paid good money to play a game that I am not allowed to play the way I intended to play it = because of the probation block

I was told they would be taking measures in the future to come up with a viable solution as this issue affects a lot of honest and loyal players/customers and there's clearly enough complaints for it to be noticeable and require change. There's nothing more annoying in a game than paying real money and then not being able to use the in game currency the way you want. It's SUPER frustrating and I we are not warned prior to purchase that if we proceed with said payment method we will be subject to a probation with our zen. Had I known this would have happened I most certainly would have NOT put my hard earned money into the game. So that was probably the most annoying part of the experience to be quite honest. Would be nice to get a heads up before I make an investment. Rather than "oops, looks like you're gonna have to wait at least a week. Sorry about that". Not good enough!!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You could get an epic Zen mount with your funds and it would be good for your entire account instead of a single character, with no problem due to the probation. If you have your heart set on a specific mount's appearance, that's understandable, but owning multiple mounts is ultimately a good thing, and really easy to justify as a paying player.

You could buy any other items if you wanted to use them yourself and it wouldn't matter as they'd either be consumed or bind to character on use, so the source of your complaint is due to wanting to sell your purchases on the AH. You have the right to do that (eventually!), but the fraud controls are in place to prevent people from laundering money through AH buy/sell activities. It doesn't impact players who just want to buy some nice items for personal use.

It is very much worth noting that if you had paid via Arc all along and never switched from Steam, there wouldn't have been a probationary period. It's unfortunate for you but the reasoning for these limitations isn't to punish you for paying.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You could get an epic Zen mount with your funds and it would be good for your entire account instead of a single character, with no problem due to the probation. If you have your heart set on a specific mount's appearance, that's understandable, but owning multiple mounts is ultimately a good thing, and really easy to justify as a paying player.

You could buy any other items if you wanted to use them yourself and it wouldn't matter as they'd either be consumed or bind to character on use, so the source of your complaint is due to wanting to sell your purchases on the AH. You have the right to do that (eventually!), but the fraud controls are in place to prevent people from laundering money through AH buy/sell activities. It doesn't impact players who just want to buy some nice items for personal use.

It is very much worth noting that if you had paid via Arc all along and never switched from Steam, there wouldn't have been a probationary period. It's unfortunate for you but the reasoning for these limitations isn't to punish you for paying.

No actually I want to buy items at the AH not sell. I just purchased dragonborn after putting 50 dollars into the game and prior to that I spent 10 dollars for VIP. I have about 2900 zen left so you can imagine why I may want to exchange to AD to get an epic mount rather than forking AGAIN for an overly priced epic mount that would put me out of pocket. with the 2900 zen I could obtain about 1.5 million AD which is more than enough for a decent epic mount and then some. I would like to get a weapon enchantment too and maybe a decent artifact. There's a lot I could get in the exchange rather than pissing it away at the zen store on a single item. Believe me if I could afford it I certainly would hehe.
    Post edited by reign#6213 on
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2017

No actually I want to buy items at the AH not sell. I just purchased dragonborn after putting 50 dollars into the game and prior to that I spent 10 dollars for VIP. I have about 2900 zen left so you can imagine why I may want to exchange to AD to get an epic mount rather than forking AGAIN for an overly priced epic mount that would put me out of pocket. with the 2900 zen I could obtain about 1.5 million AD which is more than enough for a decent epic mount and then some. I would like to get a weapon enchantment too and maybe a decent artifact. There's a lot I could get in the exchange rather than pissing it away at the zen store on a single item. Believe me if I could afford it I certainly would hehe.
    The important thing to note is that epic mounts bought in the Zen market are *account wide*. Meaning *all* characters on your account will have access to them for free once you have done the initial purchase. Since most of us ends up with a number of alts, letting your first mount purchase be a Zen mount ultimately is the cheapest way to make sure all alts have a decent mount at start.
  • Options

The important thing to note is that epic mounts bought in the Zen market are *account wide*. Meaning *all* characters on your account will have access to them for free once you have done the initial purchase. Since most of us ends up with a number of alts, letting your first mount purchase be a Zen mount ultimately is the cheapest way to make sure all alts have a decent mount at start.

Just learned about this yesterday actually I am starting to realize now. It is indeed important for a mount to be account wide.
  • Options
    erutluverutluv Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I purchased some zen from steam about 8 days ago and I got put on probation. Still am on probation even after several back and forth emails from support. Over this period of time the mount I wanted to spend my zen(AD) on has since doubled in price to ~1m AD. I'm not happy.
  • Options
    maieski#6493 maieski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    We all have the same problems apparently, I bought zen for 5 days and I still have this probation, I have a lot of purchases on steam with this same card (I even have some neverwinter in it) and I never stopped paying 1 cent and they still do This, I bought just a long time before the event of April 13 of the double refining not to take everything so expensive and they do it, leave our account unable to exchange zen for ad and I just looking at the prices on the ah rising while I am This is to leave anyone nervous and the worst is that they can not do anything, all answers are "this will be automatically removed by the system, we have no information and no time limit" it seems that they do not even try to give the minimum of Support to try to solve this, first game I play that has this kind of problem that takes more than 1 day to solve, now let's go in the weekend and I doubt it will resolve outside working day as it seems that only Release after payment of the card and my card is only paid after the 10th, that is to say that I will stay until the event looking at the prices in the clouds, if this happens I congratulate them and never buy anything and never advise anyone to buy And I'm looking for another game because this is not something that is done with your players.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    It's not really a problem unless you are new or don't learn from your mistake. Easily avoided in the future, just don't use Steam.
  • Options

It's not really a problem unless you are new or don't learn from your mistake. Easily avoided in the future, just don't use Steam.

Clearly you didn't read what was actually said. I didn't use steam I used ARC. This is also an OLD post I really wish somebody would lock it already I really hate when idiotic people come along and half read something and make a stupid assumption and run with it. Seriously if you've got nothing intelligent to contribute don't say anything period!!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Locked at OP's request, as rudely as he put it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.