test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Map in a Bottle bound to account, for obvious reasons.

defiantone99defiantone99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,634 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Bind these please. We all know why. This is worse than the skill node situation. @asterdahl
DEFIANT "Where Yesterday Has Been Exiled, Memory Is Rebellion." "The state of ruin is essentially a temporary situation that happens at some point, the volatile result of a change of era and the fall of empires. Ruins are a fantastic land where one no longer knows whether reality slips into a dream or whether, on the contrary, dream makes a brutal return into the most violent of realities." #ITMFA

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    I got most of mine from the AH due to bad luck fishing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    NO.
    I don't want to fish. I get my fish from treasure maps.
    Thank you.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    How do you expect me to get my fish? I ain't gone to Dungeons and Dragons for fishing, else I would play fishing simulator 4.0.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Nope.
    Bots and bottles are two different issues.
    You don't fix bots by binding one item they are looking for. That never works.
    Bad idea.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options

There are several bots in every SOMI instance, it seems even whole guilds dedicated to botting bottles.

report them.
    Why do you think to report botting here works but in game it does not?

• Options
    @defiantone99
    "This is not a debate on the merits of botting, this is a request to end it. You do not want to take time out of your day to fish, but want me to spend all of my time reporting bots. Great logic."

But the entire basis for this post is your bot-phobia. @namexpired didn't debate the "merits of botting" . He debated the merits of your solution to bot-fishing.
    Your solution is without merit as it both fails to solve bot problems and causes undo hardship to your fellow players.
    Your logic is flawed, not @nameexpired 's logic.
    Flip your statement around:
    @defiantone99 "I want all of you players who hate fishing for map bottles to spend all of your time fishing anyway so I won't have to looks at fishing bots."
    Your bot-reporting phobia is important but our fishing phobia is not.
    Got it. We all heard your idea. It is a bad idea.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    To be honest guys, the solution @defiantone99 proposed is exactly how Cryptic has dealt with bots so far. I even remember a dev saying that they prefer to remove the cause of botting rather than fighting bots one by one.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

You can't fight them one by one anyway. Seriously, what other solution is there? Let the bots spread forever until they start taking up whole instances and the devs decide to remove bottles from the game? That makes no sense.

Also binding everything, and effectively turning this into a single player game without an economy is not a solution.
  • Options
    OP questioned @nameexpired 's logic earlier, so let's put his logic to the test.

@defiantone99 "You can't fight them one by one anyway."
    black-or-white
    You presented two alternative states as the only possibilities, when in fact more possibilities exist.
    Bots can be reported individually, in groups or by patterns of behaviour. When an entire community reports individuals then that data (and bans) can be done in aggregate, not just "one by one" .

@defiantone99 "Seriously, what other solution is there?"
    begging the question
    You presented a circular argument in which the conclusion was included in the premise. '@defiantone99 has the only solution, there are no others' is assumed. Such arrogance.
    AND
    Burden of Proof
    The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.
    If we don't agree with the OP must we supply an alternative? No. We don't have to convince you, you have to convince us. You have not.

@defiantone99 "Let the bots spread forever until they start taking up whole instances and the devs decide to remove bottles from the game?"
    Black or white (again)
    You are either with me (and my idea) or you are a bot-loving Communist bot user who kicks puppies.
    ...AND...
    False Cause
    You presumed that a real or perceived relationship between things means that one is the cause of the other.
    Bots in boats=bottles will be removed

Wow. So many logical fallacies in one comment. That's gotta be some kind of record.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    @gabrieldourden "To be honest guys, the solution @defiantone99 proposed is exactly how Cryptic has dealt with bots so far."
    Yeah.... And how is that working out so far?

"I even remember a dev saying that they prefer to remove the cause of botting rather than fighting bots one by one."
    You fell for OP's misdirection. Either his idea is the right/only one or you support fighting bots one by one. Spurious argument intended to defame anyone who disagrees with his bad idea.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    At the risk of placing rotting meat beneath this bridge...

@defiantone99 "You just seem to be salty that I pointed out how overpowered GFs and DCs are, now you are dragging that salt into this convo."
    ad hominem
    You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.
    ...AND...
    tu quoque
    You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    Debates are positions and facts. Not personal attacks and criticisms.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

@gabrieldourden "To be honest guys, the solution @defiantone99 proposed is exactly how Cryptic has dealt with bots so far."

Yeah.... And how is that working out so far?

"I even remember a dev saying that they prefer to remove the cause of botting rather than fighting bots one by one."

You fell for OP's misdirection. Either his idea is the right/only one or you support fighting bots one by one. Spurious argument intended to defame anyone who disagrees with his bad idea.

What? You're reading too much in what I said. I never said that Cryptic is doing the right thing, just pointed out that that would be their typical approach and that they stated they prefer doing it that way.
    Please don't put words in the mouth of other people. If you want my personal opinion I'd prefer things to stay as they are. Being able to buy restoration stuff on the AH is definitely helping the average player.

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Bot fishing does not bother me because I am not watching anyone fishing.
    Not able to buy bottle bothers me in principal although I don't even want to find the treasure in SOMI.

If I have to choose between bot fishing and account bound bottle, I pick former.
    If I have to choose between getting rid of bottle and account bound bottle, I also pick former.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    If they bind them they need to increase the drop rate.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Bind these please. We all know why. This is worse than the skill node situation. @asterdahl

I must say I would FULLY SUPPORT THIS transition and actually ENCOURAGE IT! The only ONE thing I'd simply ask to be put in it's place is to make it a little easier for most to store River Treasures:

Put Treasure Map's from River District in similar stackable common GENIE Bottle perhaps.

Both Bottle from SOMI & Genie Bottle from River that contain treasures should be Bound to Account so the person earning the PRIZE did the work for the prize or learned how to FISH. I'm not going to say BOTS are abusing this because I admit sometimes in this game us people feel like the BOTS.

Still EFFORT should reward players with patience who make the attempt. I'd have no issues with bottles hopefully of either kind being BOUND to ACCOUNT so long as most items remain unbound as they are today.

Please & Thank You. :)
  • Options
    The reason for Bots fishing is "because they are (were) valueable".

* If said bottles drop more often the botted market would collapse.
    * let me buy bottles from the vendor for a reasonable price. I offer krill for bottles.

btw, RP are botted as well. Where is the outrcy there? Not a business model?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    strathkin said:

Put Treasure Map's from River District in similar stackable common GENIE Bottle perhaps.

I disagree.
    The current RD drops can be hoarded but not sold. Identical maps stack.
    This encourages players to buy bags to claim more treasure maps at the same time, which means $$$ for PWE.

I don't really like the "one at a time" treasure maps from SOMI, considering the large distances I have to run.

• Options
    hoperubyhoperuby Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Well another solution for the bot-bottling would be to make bottles BoP yet available for AD (at Woundrous Bazaar) for around 5k-7.5k a bottle.

See both sides would be happy.
This discussion has been closed.