test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Map in a Bottle bound to account, for obvious reasons.

2»

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Here's my two cents, report them as seen.

If they are fishing they are probably on accounts that they don't want to lose. I don't think you can take a new account right in and fish can you? That said, a 3 day or 7 day or perma ban would be an eye opener and put an end to their botting!! I'm sure support can identify a fisher and a botter... Someone fishing the same spot for more than 1 hour would be suspicious would it not?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Use 5 Elk Tribe keys and you won't think fishing in one spot for an hour is evidence of botting. The people you see in a spot where a fishing circle WAS is a bit more suspicious but unless they are still casting, it may just be that they fell asleep.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    hoperuby said:

Well another solution for the bot-bottling would be to make bottles BoP yet available for AD (at Woundrous Bazaar) for around 5k-7.5k a bottle.

See both sides would be happy.

I don't think so. The people complaining about bots are unhappy because they cannot sell their bottles anyomore for 20k AD.
    If you introduce a 5k AD price from WB this would be the ceiling for anyone to buy a bottle from the AH.
    A seller selling a bottle for 4999 AD would have a revenue of ~4500 AD

Nevertheless, I don't think anything is gonna happen. I am not certain the people who could implement this huge change are still with the company.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User

hoperuby said:

Well another solution for the bot-bottling would be to make bottles BoP yet available for AD (at Woundrous Bazaar) for around 5k-7.5k a bottle.

See both sides would be happy.

I don't think so. The people complaining about bots are unhappy because they cannot sell their bottles anyomore for 20k AD.
    If you introduce a 5k AD price from WB this would be the ceiling for anyone to buy a bottle from the AH.
    A seller selling a bottle for 4999 AD would have a revenue of ~4500 AD

Nevertheless, I don't think anything is gonna happen. I am not certain the people who could implement this huge change are still with the company.

That statement does not make sense because what OP asked is to make the bottle not saleable.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

strathkin said:

Put Treasure Map's from River District in similar stackable common GENIE Bottle perhaps.

I disagree.
    The current RD drops can be hoarded but not sold. Identical maps stack.
    This encourages players to buy bags to claim more treasure maps at the same time, which means $$$ for PWE.

I don't really like the "one at a time" treasure maps from SOMI, considering the large distances I have to run.

Well I like that they can be hoard and not sold as I said I wish Bottle's from SOMI were Bound to Account as well. I just wish that River Treasure were also found in GENIE BOTTLEthat would stack x99 times at first so it initially does fill inventory until you started to open them up.

THEN...

They would continue to stack as they do now only doing so for identical maps which is actually a very beautiful idea because you know which one's you should action first so it helps you identify which priorities you should start with first. So I'd love if both SOMI & RIVER had their initial reward appear in Bottle or Genie Bottle that were both bound to account to prevent BOT ARMIES in SOMI but also allow efficient inventory in RIVER. Then when people attempt to OPEN the bottle's up only allow similar MAPS to stack.

I do not like bottles being sold as it should be something you earn for yourself given the rewards... while it won't eliminate POOR SPORT CHEATS from milking rewards for themselves it will prevent them from profiting from their cheating by using their BOT ARMIES to then milk them even more rewards...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I still think your original idea is the BEST by making them bottles bound to account, and I don't see why people would have issues with this as the Treasure Maps themselves are character bound.

As I said before I just wish River would first enable Genie Bottles that would stack x99 times before you open them and make them account bound as well before they become character bound and only stack when identical treasure maps are found. If you run around do DIGS in River for an hour or so you easily fill up 10-20 inventory slots sometimes more before you then decide to action the treasures.

Because remember you not just picking up treasures but lots of other things that drop. Put River Treasure in a different bottle and make both account bound and stack better before being opened. That's all I'd like to see... :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

That statement does not make sense because what OP asked is to make the bottle not saleable.

I rather think he wants to stop boting, and asked to make the bottles account bound as a means to battle bots.
    I suggested an alternative route to battle bots.
    Post edited by nameexpired on
  • Options
    strathkin said:

As I said before I just wish River would first enable Genie Bottles that would stack x99 times before you open them and make them account bound as well before they become character bound and only stack when identical treasure maps are found. If you run around do DIGS in River for an hour or so you easily fill up 10-20 inventory slots sometimes more before you then decide to action the treasures.

if your RD Genie bottles were implemented like the SOMI maps in a bottle you could only ever have one map in your inventory.
    I very much prefer the current RD map implementation (stack up maps) to the SOMI map implementation (cross the whole map very, very often).

• Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    No need to make bottles acc bound. Just make the fishing procedure same as you have when you hooked a fish. Random tabs. No bot can do that.
    And ofc its one of the dumbest wishes i ever heared....account bound maps in a bottle? I hope thats just a joke

• Options

Okay. Nevermind. The solution is to not look at other people fishing. If you do not see it, it isn't happening. If you ignore it, it will go away. Got it.

No. The solution as a thread opener should be stay calm and friendly. Talking about critics, discuss new points, try to think about his own opinions and maybe its wrong....just a normal discussion. You sir, trying to start a flame war, cuzz you cant handle any opinion thats not yours. I regret i posted in this thread after i found your insults...

• Options

strathkin said:

if your RD Genie bottles were implemented like the SOMI maps in a bottle you could only ever have one map in your inventory.
    I very much prefer the current RD map implementation (stack up maps) to the SOMI map implementation (cross the whole map very, very often).

IF... you had read my statement as quoted you'd see I suggested a bottle that could stack first x99 times first but once opened would then allow 'multiple' copies of the treasure to continue just like they do today. This would simply help those who had picked up many other drops first donate riches, magic or weapons first, sell any identified gear or items prior to then opening treasures and deciding which to action first.

So I'm completely confused at what you disagree with as I never said implement it exactly like SOMI.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

How do you expect me to get my fish? I ain't gone to Dungeons and Dragons for fishing, else I would play fishing simulator 4.0.

Who said you had to FISH in the first place? You can run around while doing quests collecting RELICS for Volinblood in both Bryn Shandar & Sea of Moving Ice. Fishing simply allows you to build respect with the Elk Tribe to earn additional reward's during the 2800 Dungeon, and it's not like you have to spend hours fishing either, just while out if you see a fishing hole stop and make a few casts the move on to doing to quests or collecting RELICS.

You don't have to FISH or even spend a lot of dedicated time doing just that. You could if you wanted to but you certainly don't have to spend hours every day playing fishing simulator. But the people earning treasures should be the ones at least doing a little bit of FISHING.

The reason for Bots fishing is "because they are (were) valueable".

* If said bottles drop more often the botted market would collapse.
    * let me buy bottles from the vendor for a reasonable price. I offer krill for bottles.

btw, RP are botted as well. Where is the outrcy there? Not a business model?

Having Bottles with Maps drop far more frequently would only make a bad situation worse, or could even see them change the reward's offered inside bottles to include far less valuable RP items.
  • Options
    strathkin said:

strathkin said:

IF... you had read my statement as quoted you'd see I suggested a bottle that could stack first x99 times first but once opened would then allow 'multiple' copies of the treasure to continue just like they do today. This would simply help those who had picked up many other drops first donate riches, magic or weapons first, sell any identified gear or items prior to then opening treasures and deciding which to action first.

So I'm completely confused at what you disagree with as I never said implement it exactly like SOMI.
    IF you had read my IF you would have seen that there is a condition.
    I anticipate Cryptic, who have already implemented 2 ways to handle maps, to not make a 3rd way but rather copy/paste the old solution than come up with a third. IMO the current map usage in RD is way better than in SOMI.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    spideymt said:

No need to make bottles acc bound. Just make the fishing procedure same as you have when you hooked a fish. Random tabs. No bot can do that.
    And ofc its one of the dumbest wishes i ever heared....account bound maps in a bottle? I hope thats just a joke

Problem solved and a good compromise for everyone, prise for bottle will rise, some will go fishing for AD, some will buy those bottles.
    Surprising, that devs did not instictively go for it , if those random tabs are ment to prevent botting.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    strathkin said:

Who said you had to FISH in the first place? You can run around while doing quests collecting RELICS for Volinblood in both Bryn Shandar & Sea of Moving Ice. Fishing simply allows you to build respect with the Elk Tribe to earn additional reward's during the 2800 Dungeon, and it's not like you have to spend hours fishing either, just while out if you see a fishing hole stop and make a few casts the move on to doing to quests or collecting RELICS.

You don't have to FISH or even spend a lot of dedicated time doing just that. You could if you wanted to but you certainly don't have to spend hours every day playing fishing simulator. But the people earning treasures should be the ones at least doing a little bit of FISHING.

1. IIRc, MSVA is 3.1k
    2. It's not additional rewards -> It's the only way to get the needed mark type. (except zen keys obviously)
    3. Few casts wont earn you 5k points. And if you try to get the needed marks you will see that 5 runs is not much.

I don't follow the reasoning of why people who do the treasures have to fish? If someone hates fishing, buying the bottles form other players is the only way to avoid it. And bot issues aside it what moves the economy, some spend time to fish bottles (usually poorer, lower geared players), others (more geared players) buy bottles run treasures and run FBI / MSVA.
    AD trickle down.

"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"
    There is a bot problem, fine, lets see if there is a solution that doesn't have a strong negative impact on the economy and players. And especially lets not force people to fish if they do not like to do so and prefer to run treasure maps instead.
  • Options
    Erm...do you really compare marks from SVA to bottles and fishing?

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    This may not be an XB1 issue...but rest assured, we will get what is eventually dished out on PC.

...so this concerns me too.

I dont wish to have my income taken away...for whatever long collecting bottles last, farming so others dont have to. I've done the 999 fishing sessions...roughly spend an entire Saturday farming bottles for the AH while half awake listening to my favorite Pandora station. Does that make me a botter?
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    ugh yet another thing that goes wrong on teh pc that the consoles will probably be punished for. lol
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User

This may not be an XB1 issue...but rest assured, we will get what is eventually dished out on PC.

...so this concerns me too.

I dont wish to have my income taken away...for whatever long collecting bottles last, farming so others dont have to. I've done the 999 fishing sessions...roughly spend an entire Saturday farming bottles for the AH while half awake listening to my favorite Pandora station. Does that make me a botter?

That makes you a bottler. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I have to ask then...as a console gamer, I don't know: what is the harm if an individual or group of individuals want to farm for stuff that others dont want to for profit?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.