Heal Paladins Rework (Suggestions)

isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
edited February 2017 in The Citadel
See below.
Post edited by isaintify1 on

Comments

• Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Let's first fix Aura of Courage to work like stated in the tooltip, scaling of Paladin's HP, not everyone's own HP. Just saying.

Also to not leave Dev OP way behind DCs all powers could have additional buff/debuff effects for either enemies or allies, not just healing that is excessive. The healing from Bond+Vow combo alone is already all that's needed. Bane could also use a buff.
  • Options
    @trzebiat#2067 Aura of Courage is fine the way it is but its being buffed like the lostmauth set was. (I think) Once Courage gets "fixed" it wont be doing as much as it is now. Also if you read my post there most of the powers have a sort of effect of buff debuff etc. Bane just needs to work like how it used to with faster time casting. Same with vow being screwed up with its casting.
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    No, leave it as is. This needs to go on! :D

Okay so anyone who is anyone and plays a Heal Paladin like I do knows that its not very loved in the community, and seems like a least favorite of the developers who never put much thought into it. Perhaps to make it not a DC look-alike, which is what I would prefer to not be a DC look-alike. We all know that we heal.... and we heal a lot, in fact we heal to much for no good reason. The healing needs to be toned down a bit and replaced with more buffs/debuffs for us. Now do not get all crazy on me I do not want buffs and debuffs like a DC, because that would be impractical, and senseless. No I want buffs and debuffs that assist the party and solo.
    Everything we do is heal this heal that, every time you let loose flatulence you heal for 20m health per second. We heal way to much and do not have enough party buffs for the team. This makes us unwanted in the community just by itself alone. Now I do know its possible to tank orcus as a heal paladin to debuff and buff single targets by like 50% etc etc. But its not much and most of our encounters are useless not to mention our Auras for us are broken in a bad way. So I personally want to go over some of the encounters class features dailies etc that need a revamp a nerf and a buff. Yes as you can already tell this will be a looooong thread. Now everything is debatable and can be changed by anyone or what not if people have a good suggestion. This is what I personally believe that these powers should do or should not do. Now please remember these are not 100% changes I want just think may be good to have and are all subject to change with the help of the awesome community.

[Burning Light:] Burning light now heals allies as well

[Burning Light(updated):] This encounter sends out a pulse of radiant energy that burns the foes for 5 seconds. This radiant energy increases AP gain of you and your allies for 2.5seconds. (This encounter can only be used every 12 seconds, and each point increases the base damage of the encounter by 5 or 10%)

Essentially this removes the whole needing to charge the encounter, and removes the healing aspect of the encounter.
    ====

[Sacred Weapon:]Your healing is improved by 15% for 8 seconds, and your next 5 heals; also heal bonus.

[Sacred Weapon(updated):] Your weapon receives the blessing of the gods increases damage dealt by 15% for you for 5 seconds. On initial activation of the encounter you release a wave of healing energy that heals you and allies. (So this encounter can only be used every 16 seconds, and with each point increase damage dealt by 2.5%)

This basically gives the weapon an actual use for solo and some dps options. With some added healing to keep some use in a party
    ====

[Smite:] Heals allies near the affected target
    [Smite(updated):] You smash a target igniting them with holy fire for 5 seconds this applies holy scorch to nearby enemies and decreasing affected targets damage by 3%. (This encounter can only be used every 12 seconds, and decreases targets damage by 3% for every point)

The encounter can be good for solo play and to help tanks with tanking or a party from getting one shot.
    ====

[Templars Wrath:] Allies in the affected area gain temporary hit points in addition to damaging foes.
    [Templars Wrath(updated):] Allies in the affected area gain temporary hitpoints by 20% in addition to damaging foes.(With each point the effect increases by 10% for a total of 50%) Yes I am aware it will act like a protectors but this is the best I can come up with for this one, suggestions and additions would be nice for this one.
    ====
    (This one hurts because its my favorite encounter but it needs a change/nerf)
    [Bond of Virtue:] All allies within 60ft of the affected area around you become bonded which increases the heals they receive by 20% and all allies receive 15% of shared healing within the circle. It increases by 5% for each point spent for a total of 35% bonus incoming healing and 30% shared healing bonus.
    [Bond of Virtue(updated):] All allies within 60ft of the affected area around you become bonded which increases the heals they receive by 10% and all allies receive 5% of shared healing within the circle. (Each point increases healing by 10% and shared healing by 5% and for each point.) For a total of 25% healing 20% shared healing.

(MAYBE if its not OverPowered but a small AP gain like very small AP gain but its still there and its constantly going.
    ====

[Cleanse Touch:] Always affects allies in the affected area in a 15ft radius around you or the target.
    [Cleanse Touch(updated):] You release a radiant blast of holy energy that heals all nearby allies in a 15ft radius around you or the target. You cleanse any negative affects on allies (Such as poison, fire etc)
    Now I know that cleanse touch has a small affect on "cleansing a target but its not that clear and isn't very well known to many".
    ====

[Divine Touch:]Allies near the target are healed as well.
    [Divine Touch(updated):] Allies near the target are healed for a wave of health and receive a heal over time for 5 seconds for 5% of the users maximum hitpoints. (This is increased by 2 seconds for every point)

====

[Vow of Enmity:]Allies who strike the target are also healed.
    [Vow of Enmity(updated):] Allies who strike the target are also healed, and deal an additional 5% damage to target. (Allies deal an additional 5% for every point)
    ====

[Absolution:] Allies under the affect of this shield receive 20% more healing(Only can apply to one target)
    [Absolution:] Allies under the affect of this sheild receive 10% more healing, and applies to all allies in a 5ft radius
    -------------------------------------------

Devotion Daily:

Healing Font: Now I want a huge buff to this daily because ITS a nice daily but its useless as all get go. The biggest problem I find that it heals allies right... but that counts companions as well. In this day and age everyone has a companion which means the chances of a player getting healed are very slim especially if its on someone who needs it. The heal itself is like 3k which is useless all in itself. It chains to allies but who the hell cares when you can just press tab once or use cure wounds once and the entire party is healed and buffed.

Healing Font(updated): Now what I would like to see from this daily is a revamp and what I would like it to do is.... You place a healing font that will heal all allies in the affected area for 20% of their maximum hitpoints this lasts for 10 seconds. In addition when Healing Font is active it radiates rays of hope which buffs allies movement speed and DR by 10% for 10 seconds.

--------------------------------------------

At-Wills:

Oath Strike: Your final strike of this attack makes you give a burst of healing out around you, and in addition increases outgoing healing by 15% for 10 seconds. (Combo with the MH buff you grant 5% deflection chance to targets)

Now I like Oath Strike a lot and it should be every heal paladins at will, but however the base damage is a bit low. My highest hits with it have been around 60k but that was with crazy buffs from others and DCs. Solo I hit around 15-30k... If this can get buffed to hit harder it would help solo and assist in some dps for OP Heals.

Class Features:

[Aura of Divinity:] Up to 3 allies within a 30ft area of you are healed every 3 seconds.
    [Aura of Divinity(updated):] All allies within a 30ft area of you receive a temporary shield every 8 or 10 seconds. This shield(temp hitpoints) is equal to 20% of your maximum hitpoints. This affect does not stack (I think if the math is correct its 30k temp shield every 8 or 10 seconds to allies, and of course does not stack.)
    ====

-------------------------------------------

Now as I had stated before this is all just suggestions and speculations on the affects of the parts for the heal paladin. If someone has a really nice suggestion instead of mine. For example a better usage of a class feature like divinity. Like it throws out fire at mobs and heals allies etc. I also apologize if its a little messy I am not very good when it comes to "organizing" a thread post
  • Options
    entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Honestly, all we need is a huge reduction on heals, a huge boost on damge, a different paragon daily, instant cast Burning light (seriously, the charge aspect of this power is silly), bond of virtue to increase ap gain by 5% for allies and 5% per point to the pally and finally personalized dailes. Dailies should have special effects when used by a protection or a devotion pally, just like encounters and at-wils. Protective buffs for protection pallys and power buffs for devotion pallys.
  • Options

@trzebiat#2067 Aura of Courage is fine the way it is but its being buffed like the lostmauth set was. (I think) Once Courage gets "fixed" it wont be doing as much as it is now.

I absolutely don't find "fine" the aura that doesn't work like stated in the tooltip. No matter if that damage is buffed by other things it clearly says: "You and allies within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus Radiant damage." While currently stacking HP only benefit the pally alone when it comes to AoC.
  • Options
    svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I haven't really played my devotion paladin on any serious level, but I think I might have found a catch all solution to most of these problems:

1) That a devotion paladin gets a passive which will allow overheals to count towards stackable "life shield" on party members. I am thinking this should be capped up to an X% of the targets max HP. I think 35% should be a start, unless it will prove to be too powerful.

2) That while this "life shield" is active on a player their damage output will be buffed in one form or another. Maybe through just a flat damage increase, or maybe have some cool interaction with the paladin's abilities damage output for every "lifeshield" in the party.

This is just a suggestion, but as far as I can see the main two hiccups with the devotion paladin are too much healing that doesn't do anything and a lack of damage.

Although personally I am a bit confused as to why a healer needs to deal more damage, I don't think the solo content is that particularly hard.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Devotion is at a huge disadvantage over dc with these 3.1k dungeons. You have to be paired with a GF using kv to answer the one shot problem.
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have no problems getting in groups with my pally I do wish we could provide more buffs like vow give a small damage increase for the whole group even 5-10%. I have 4k GF that will take me over a dc because with me he hardly has to put his sheild up.
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

Maybe I am doing it all wrong, but my damage and team buffing is fine.

I am usually at or near the top on Paingiver, Executioner, Field Medic, and Immovable Object (the last three especially).

The only thing that really needs fixing is the Tab mechanic on Sanctuary...but that needs to be fixed for both DevOP and ProtOP.

So you are fine with how nearly every encounter on the Heal Paladin says "This heals allies" "Heals nearby allies" "Allies receive a heal". This isn't about you and your placement on a scoreboard that you queue in a random pug group, but about the fact that Heal OPs have no real "features" on them. Only thing that makes us viable with DCs is that we give the group massive heals and make everyone do around 10-20% of their damage from Aura of courage (which will get fixed one day). Now you can argue with banishment, and bane being very useful buff encounters. But we really have nothing else basically. Do not forget that our 5% deflection chance additive onto allies does not actually work with cure wounds, but only works on ourself. Tank OP has gotten all the love, and I think its high time the OP Heal got a rework. Nerf Bond of Virtue and its heals reduce our healing in general in exchange for party buffs and dps.

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

rubytrue said:

I am usually at or near the top on Paingiver, Executioner, Field Medic, and Immovable Object (the last three especially).

The only thing that really needs fixing is the Tab mechanic on Sanctuary...but that needs to be fixed for both DevOP and ProtOP.

So you are fine with how nearly every encounter on the Heal Paladin says "This heals allies" "Heals nearby allies" "Allies receive a heal". This isn't about you and your placement on a scoreboard that you queue in a random pug group, but about the fact that Heal OPs have no real "features" on them. Only thing that makes us viable with DCs is that we give the group massive heals and make everyone do around 10-20% of their damage from Aura of courage (which will get fixed one day). Now you can argue with banishment, and bane being very useful buff encounters. But we really have nothing else basically. Do not forget that our 5% deflection chance additive onto allies does not actually work with cure wounds, but only works on ourself. Tank OP has gotten all the love, and I think its high time the OP Heal got a rework. Nerf Bond of Virtue and its heals reduce our healing in general in exchange for party buffs and dps.

Absolutely. I have a 40% lifesteal chance. I'm proccing lifesteal all the time. Why is that important? With a feat like prism, combined with boons like Burning Guidance, all these "heal" powers turn into damage auras. If I get healed from lifesteal, and that heal gets shared from Prism, and all other party members share that heal due to Bond of Virtue, even minimal lifesteal procs turn into damage for the team. How does that benefit the team and not just myself? I am a Drow; I have a 5% chance to apply a 10% defense debuff that lasts four seconds for every attack (I think it is procced by Burning Guidance-at least it seems that way). That 10% defense debuff is pretty much a constant in party content. The "heal" aspect of my powers are only a secondary benefit to my character as far as I am concerned.

What do I bring to the party as a (Dark) pally?
    I have a trans Feytouched which is an 18% damage debuff
    I have darkfire which is a 10% defense debuff that is constantly procced thanks to the combination of "heal" mechanics translating into damage auras
    I have Aura of Courage which is a teamwide damage aura
    I have Aura of Wisdom which is teamwide recharge/recovery buff
    I happen to "heal" a lot, not only myself, but the entire team

Stop thinking of DevOPs as "Healadins" and start thinking of them as "Stealadins;" start thinking of the "heal" powers as damage and buff/debuff powers. It changes the way you start to think about Paladins as a whole--and it is a lot more fun.
  • Options
    @rubytrue Are you stacking Con and/or HP? With Drow and that high Lifesteal you already had to sacrifice survivability, right? So you're rather quite squishy. The idea of using Lifesteal to proc Prism and BG is great, but I've never wanted to sacrifice HP or Defense for Lifesteal. But I use Prism and BG on Prot now and it would work I guess, but I have too low Lifesteal to make it matters and only one defense slot on companion to use Dark there, I'll get more from Valhalla set.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

rubytrue said:

Absolutely. I have a 40% lifesteal chance. I'm proccing lifesteal all the time. Why is that important? With a feat like prism, combined with boons like Burning Guidance, all these "heal" powers turn into damage auras. If I get healed from lifesteal, and that heal gets shared from Prism, and all other party members share that heal due to Bond of Virtue, even minimal lifesteal procs turn into damage for the team. How does that benefit the team and not just myself? I am a Drow; I have a 5% chance to apply a 10% defense debuff that lasts four seconds for every attack (I think it is procced by Burning Guidance-at least it seems that way). That 10% defense debuff is pretty much a constant in party content. The "heal" aspect of my powers are only a secondary benefit to my character as far as I am concerned.

I have darkfire which is a 10% defense debuff that is constantly procced thanks to the combination of "heal" mechanics translating into damage auras

Stop thinking of DevOPs as "Healadins" and start thinking of them as "Stealadins;" start thinking of the "heal" powers as damage and buff/debuff powers. It changes the way you start to think about Paladins as a whole--and it is a lot more fun.
    Just saying, but...

The Drow debuff is actually -5% DR/capped debuff, not defense.

Any class can use Feytouched, and it's a -15% damage debuff as per tested damage debuffs.

-

But anyways, the Healadin is balanced, if a little too balanced. They heal well, have some decent buffs and team protection stuff. The issue is, that, well, the DC can buff better, and in most endgame teams, most teams have a lot of lifesteal and understand how to not die, which makes buffing much more important (hence why the superior buffing option are much more popular).

Tbh I never understood why the Healadin Bane couldn't just be applied in a radius. Most of the Paladin stuff is "stay within (x) radius) for stuff", and I'm surprised that Bane is only "apply to one person" . Having to manually apply 3 stacks of Bane to each teammates is a huge pain.

If Healadin Bane was able to applied within a 30' radius or something, I'd say it would start to make the Healadin competitive (but not superior) to the DC for the buffer/healer spot.

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    In my dream world:
    -Bond becomes an aura rather than taking up an encounter slot
    -At wills get a damage buff
    -Smite actually heals allies in the area
    -Burning Light doesn't need a charge
    -Buff aura of solitude and make sure it doesn't get tripped up by a companion (there is some confusion on PS4 as to if that is happening or not)
    -Decide if we are going to have threat or not - if not then take away the aura that generates threat from the healadin and give us a different aura that scales our outgoing damage vs healing numbers based off of the number of people in our group. 5 person group = increase in healing, decrease in damage output. 1 person left alive in group/at boss or soloing = decrease healing and increase in damage output.
    -If you are going to give the healadin the ability to generate threat - then change that aura to actually make us generate increased threat with damage done to target, or based off of outgoing heals.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    rubytrue said:

rubytrue said:

mhmm great and all but this has nothing to do with the base encounters,dailies, and auras. You talk about all these items and class mechanics you have well good for you! But none of that has to do with the class itself, its encounters and how plain/boring/and useless they are. Try coming back to the conversation when you have a actually discussion on the heal OPs encounters etc What can be changed and updated.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

In my dream world:
    -Bond becomes an aura rather than taking up an encounter slot
    -At wills get a damage buff
    -Smite actually heals allies in the area
    -Burning Light doesn't need a charge
    -Buff aura of solitude and make sure it doesn't get tripped up by a companion (there is some confusion on PS4 as to if that is happening or not)
    -Decide if we are going to have threat or not - if not then take away the aura that generates threat from the healadin and give us a different aura that scales our outgoing damage vs healing numbers based off of the number of people in our group. 5 person group = increase in healing, decrease in damage output. 1 person left alive in group/at boss or soloing = decrease healing and increase in damage output.
    -If you are going to give the healadin the ability to generate threat - then change that aura to actually make us generate increased threat with damage done to target, or based off of outgoing heals.

Honestly id like to be able to gain more threat but then we would start spilling into Tank OPs only role which is to "tank" and that is it. They honestly cannot really do much of anything else. But the damage buffs and removing Burning Lights charge are ideas that I like. Bane I think is fine but changing back to quick casting it would be very beneficial. Not to mention Vow of Enmity and changing it back to how it used to be like. That stuff is really finicky and i've noticed that Divine Judgement sometimes knocks Vow of Enmity.

• Options

@trzebiat#2067 Aura of Courage is fine the way it is but its being buffed like the lostmauth set was. (I think) Once Courage gets "fixed" it wont be doing as much as it is now.

I absolutely don't find "fine" the aura that doesn't work like stated in the tooltip. No matter if that damage is buffed by other things it clearly says: "You and allies within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus Radiant damage." While currently stacking HP only benefit the pally alone when it comes to AoC.
    Just saying AOC affects the entire party and everyone does like 10-15% of their damage from AOC alone. Once it gets fixed it will be doing no damage at all and others will be slotting other auras instead.

• Options

Just saying AOC affects the entire party and everyone does like 10-15% of their damage from AOC alone. Once it gets fixed it will be doing no damage at all and others will be slotting other auras instead.

It could be anywhere near 25% if you're a CW who stacks HP to make Aura of Courage super good.

And also, technically, the tooltip is written correctly.

If my OP puts Aura of Courage in a chat channel, anyone in the chat channel will still see "your Maximum HP", regardless of class. This would mean a TR sees "your HP", a GWF sees "your HP", a GF "your HP", so on and so forth.

But, you know, tooltips of questionable quality are the order of the day...

• Options

@rubytrue Are you stacking Con and/or HP? With Drow and that high Lifesteal you already had to sacrifice survivability, right? So you're rather quite squishy. The idea of using Lifesteal to proc Prism and BG is great, but I've never wanted to sacrifice HP or Defense for Lifesteal. But I use Prism and BG on Prot now and it would work I guess, but I have too low Lifesteal to make it matters and only one defense slot on companion to use Dark there, I'll get more from Valhalla set.

No, not really. I get a good chunk of my HPs from my Deepknight's Brigadine; it gives like +50K HP (with it, I am at 167K HP, if I remember correctly). I have to be honest, I run with a lesser Soulforged in my armor slot; my HP bar bounces like there is no tomorrow, and every once in a great while, the ghosts of RNG will get the best of me. It doesn't happen nearly as often as before I got the Deepknight's Brigadine, but with my lifesteal, even if I do die, I am almost immediately fully healed.

I'm not exactly squishy; I am more susceptible to being one shot than a dedicated ProtOP, but I often top them in Immovable Object because I almost invariably draw way more aggro than them. With Bond of Virtue and a high life steal, you're basically a walking healing and damage aura with a 60' radius. I call it a Lawnmower of Doom.

If you ever switch to DevOP, you should give it a shot. It is a blast.
  • Options
    rjc9000 said:

It could be anywhere near 25% if you're a CW who stacks HP to make Aura of Courage super good.

If my OP puts Aura of Courage in a chat channel, anyone in the chat channel will still see "your Maximum HP", regardless of class. This would mean a TR sees "your HP", a GWF sees "your HP", a GF "your HP", so on and so forth.

You forgot the part "allies within 30' of you", that should clear confusion enough, it's 30' from OP who uses the AoC and the tooltip reffers to OP no matter who reads it. But yeah, Cryptic tooltips...

BTW, did AoC work as stated in the tooltip in the past? Even old Sharp's guide didn't say anything about that, every guide suggested it scales off of OP's HP. Was it changed at some point or it was bugged since the beginning and only later someone noticed it?
  • Options
    mhmm great and all but this has nothing to do with the base encounters,dailies, and auras. You talk about all these items and class mechanics you have well good for you! But none of that has to do with the class itself, its encounters and how plain/boring/and useless they are. Try coming back to the conversation when you have a actually discussion on the heal OPs encounters etc What can be changed and updated.

I would say it has everything to do with base encounters, dailies, and auras; I am using the same powers as everyone else in the game. I am just using them differently. The problem isn't with the powers. The powers are pretty awesome, if you ask me. I don't want them changed. Healing powers are boring to you because you can only see them as healing powers. The devs have given us tools to turn those "boring" healing powers into pretty awesome damage mechanics. While you may still be stuck viewing your powers as nothing more than "boring" healing powers, maybe other people are interested in looking at those same powers from a different perspective. Using powers in novel ways effectively changes the powers from the standpoint of the broader gamer base.
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

No, not really. I get a good chunk of my HPs from my Deepknight's Brigadine; it gives like +50K HP (with it, I am at 167K HP, if I remember correctly). I have to be honest, I run with a lesser Soulforged in my armor slot; my HP bar bounces like there is no tomorrow, and every once in a great while, the ghosts of RNG will get the best of me. It doesn't happen nearly as often as before I got the Deepknight's Brigadine, but with my lifesteal, even if I do die, I am almost immediately fully healed.

I'm not exactly squishy; I am more susceptible to being one shot than a dedicated ProtOP, but I often top them in Immovable Object because I almost invariably draw way more aggro than them. With Bond of Virtue and a high life steal, you're basically a walking healing and damage aura with a 60' radius. I call it a Lawnmower of Doom.

High Lifesteal and Soulforge is good combo. SF never worked for me because to heal I had turn back on Bond first.

But on Dev even without Lifesteal BG and HW proc like crazy so I never needed it. But on Prot I'll have to work on increasing it to use it for Prism and BG/HW. I wonder if it's worth to take 1/3 last boon from ToD at the cost of Crit Sev. I'm still waiting for Legendary Lion to use equip power, I hope that heal procs BG and HW. If anyone has it and could confirm that would be great.
  • Options

rjc9000 said:

You forgot the part "allies within 30' of you", that should clear confusion enough, it's 30' from OP who uses the AoC and the tooltip reffers to OP no matter who reads it. But yeah, Cryptic tooltips...

BTW, did AoC work as stated in the tooltip in the past? Even old Sharp's guide didn't say anything about that, every guide suggested it scales off of OP's HP. Was it changed at some point or it was bugged since the beginning and only later someone noticed it?
    Yeah, I dun goof'd on the part where Aura of Courage only comes from the OP. But still, Cryptic Tooltips...

We should really stop trusting tooltips, but sometimes, we just don't feel like testing stuff, or testing stuff is flat out impossible (ex: I could test the +aggro stuff, but really, you either have aggro or not, so testing aggro is not worth my time).

And from what I recall, Aura of Courage damage scaled with buffs/different player HP even in older mods (ex: 8).

• Options

rubytrue said:

High Lifesteal and Soulforge is good combo. SF never worked for me because to heal I had turn back on Bond first.

But on Dev even without Lifesteal BG and HW proc like crazy so I never needed it. But on Prot I'll have to work on increasing it to use it for Prism and BG/HW. I wonder if it's worth to take 1/3 last boon from ToD at the cost of Crit Sev. I'm still waiting for Legendary Lion to use equip power, I hope that heal procs BG and HW. If anyone has it and could confirm that would be great.
    I first tried the high life steal build/meta as a ProtOP, but, like you said, it really impacted my damage resistance. That isn't to say that I couldn't tank *most* everything, but for foes like Orcus in particular, it just wasn't working the way I wanted so I tried a "Stealadin" build as a DevOP and haven't looked back. I can still pretty much "tank" anything--except for Orcus--I just do a crapton more damage. Now, in group content, with a high lifesteal build, prism, bond and BG (and soon HW), my at-wills like Radiant Strike-almost effectively have a radius of 60' as long as I have teammates who have taken some damage spread out. In instances like Tiamat (say, Cleric Phase), it is pretty cool to be pounding on a group of mobs and see another group of mobs take damage.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    @rubytrue See this is how you play, and not everyone wants to play your style. Gotta get over that fact, and understand that others use different ways to different things. Like I tank orcus, and am able to do some decent enough dps. My point is that the encounters and skills that I would like to see reworked are not for myself but for the class and so that more people can have more ways to be than just a single healer with nearly no buffs. Understand that when I say they are "boring" I mean that when it comes to team supporting and such there are no real options to buff the party etc. Hence why fixing healing font to make it viable, and changed 60% of the encounters that just "heal" on use and make them do something else as a bonus or in addition.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I don't understand why you're being so negative towards Ruby, they're just putting forward their play style and it's quite an interesting approach that's outside of the norm.

I understand the basis of the discussion is about changes needed to Dev OP powers - maybe you feel they're derailing it by being positive?

My personal position is that in a world where Pallys need to compete effectively with GFs and DCs we could do with more de/buff potential, e.g. Truth and Protection are imo too low - they should be more like 20% instead of 12.5% and Vengeance should be a % based damage reflect instead of dealing a fixed amount weapon damage.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Changes I would like to see:

Sanctuary more responsive - I hate when the sanctuary doesn't rise and instead I get the GF guard animation with the added demerits to both leaving me vulnerable and locking my powers

Smite is too slow - I know I may surprise you but between the moment you activate it and the moment it hit you have almost 2 seconds where you're open to CC and it's frequent you get bumped or something, wasting the move. For the puny amount of damage it does you could expect a smooth delevery. So either speed the delivery up or increase the damage to improve the risk/benefit ratio

Weapons of light should be party wide - If it gets party wide giving each ally bonus damage and heal then its a good support encounter. For now it's pretty useless

Burning light charging mechanism - please no more. I would agree to an increased cool down if I wouldn't have to stand doing nothing but charging it

Divine Touch: rethought - today, if you use DT as a devOP, you're faced with this connundrum: if you want to use it to deal damage you can forget it since it has the damaging potential of a wet noodle but if you want to use it to (over)heal (yeah dealing 2K damage but healing 80k you got the balance right DT) you must hit a foe. which means either buff the damage significantly or get rid of the targeting condition to make the power usable

Circle of Power rethought too - giving 30% increased healing is useless. Either get it on par with prot op and give us DR or get innovative and give us recharge speed increase or something like 15-20% on all stats to make it a usable buff.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    armadeonx said:

I don't understand why you're being so negative towards Ruby, they're just putting forward their play style and it's quite an interesting approach that's outside of the norm.

I understand the basis of the discussion is about changes needed to Dev OP powers - maybe you feel they're derailing it by being positive?

My personal position is that in a world where Pallys need to compete effectively with GFs and DCs we could do with more de/buff potential, e.g. Truth and Protection are imo too low - they should be more like 20% instead of 12.5% and Vengeance should be a % based damage reflect instead of dealing a fixed amount weapon damage.

I am not being negative towards him at all. That is internally your own opinion of your view but he does not realize that Burning Guidance does not proc infinitely and has a limit. It also does not deal that much extra damage. Yes it may seem like it goes off a lot but it has a limit to how much it does proc. That limit is reached just by healing normally, and for him to actually have so much lifesteal to work the way he wants he would have to have a way to generate a ton of threat to himself and constantly be taking damage 24/7 in the dungeon. Yes his build sounds good on paper, but it has to many flaws in reality for it to be of use. Also for example he built his build around BG to do damage, well look at all the paladins who built their builds around the owlbear companion. Most of them quit the class or had to respec their character. For him to be telling everyone to use this build and forget being a "healadin" is a bit backwards.

• Options

Changes I would like to see:

Sanctuary more responsive - I hate when the sanctuary doesn't rise and instead I get the GF guard animation with the added demerits to both leaving me vulnerable and locking my powers

Smite is too slow - I know I may surprise you but between the moment you activate it and the moment it hit you have almost 2 seconds where you're open to CC and it's frequent you get bumped or something, wasting the move. For the puny amount of damage it does you could expect a smooth delevery. So either speed the delivery up or increase the damage to improve the risk/benefit ratio

Weapons of light should be party wide - If it gets party wide giving each ally bonus damage and heal then its a good support encounter. For now it's pretty useless

Burning light charging mechanism - please no more. I would agree to an increased cool down if I wouldn't have to stand doing nothing but charging it

Divine Touch: rethought - today, if you use DT as a devOP, you're faced with this connundrum: if you want to use it to deal damage you can forget it since it has the damaging potential of a wet noodle but if you want to use it to (over)heal (yeah dealing 2K damage but healing 80k you got the balance right DT) you must hit a foe. which means either buff the damage significantly or get rid of the targeting condition to make the power usable

Circle of Power rethought too - giving 30% increased healing is useless. Either get it on par with prot op and give us DR or get innovative and give us recharge speed increase or something like 15-20% on all stats to make it a usable buff.

Sanctuary I never had issues with because you are not using a shield to block but a holy aura that generates from your shield itself so that is why it takes longer. But it would be nice if it increased anyone whos in it DR by like 5%.

Smite is fairly slow, and does have that annoying moment where anything can slap you down... This probably should be changed but the part I do not agree on is its damage output. Ive had mine hit 1.2m in a single hit in a party with a sw,cw,and dc buffing. But by myself Ive gotten a max hit of 240k. I think they increased the damage on this encounter on us secretly, because I remember a few months back it was silly for damage.

Weapons of light... this I hate to break it to you but I think this is a feat in the DC righteous tree lol.

Burning Light yeah I think everyone can and does agree that it needs its charged removed buff the damage and do something besides just a heal to allies.

Circle of Power I do like the idea of it giving everyone increased recharge speed inside of it. That would be something new and different. The DR would be to much like the Tankadins, and where I would like to have it I think it may be a bit overpowered.