test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch notes for Cloaked Ascendency

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
Where are they??? It's supposed to be available today, correct?
«1

Comments

  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 935 Arc User
    with us being an hour away and still no patch notes I am getting worried
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)



  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    PATCH NOTES ? No patch notes ? Maybe patch notes...
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    just about to shut down, and still nothing ...
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited February 2017
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 935 Arc User
    Those are from preview and in the past have not been the same as the live mod patch notes
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)



  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    mynaam said:

    Those are from preview and in the past have not been the same as the live mod patch notes
    Indeed , that is what it says
    ;)

    maybe I should of added , these look like the closest thing to patch notes we are going to get atm.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    ... 4 pages later ... sorry for the delay .... thank you for your patience.

    I wonder how they can upload a patch and not be able to tell us, what will be uploaded.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    more poor form from those whose task it is to keep everyone informed.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

    more poor form from those whose task it is to keep everyone informed.

    Maybe they want to make sure nothing goes wrong before posting the notes? Hmmm? Because its not like the riff-raff here would shoot their mouths off if they posted notes, and had to delay for some reason....


  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User

    more poor form from those whose task it is to keep everyone informed.

    Eh, I don't know about you, but I know how exceptionally overbusy and understaffed companies like this can get. I would rather have them overcompensate on trying to make sure they get everything right on the actual update and be a bit late with the patch notes than have them devoting resources to keeping the natives updated while they twiddle their thumbs waiting for the server to come back up.

    But then again, if they were five minutes late on getting the server back up but they go the patch notes up two days ago, something tells me you'd be in here saying "Disgraceful! Unprofessional! Unacceptable! I'm going to the Better Business Bureau!" Relax, enjoy the time off from your second job, and get some chores done while you're waiting. We'll know what's in this patch soon enough.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 935 Arc User
    litaaers said:

    more poor form from those whose task it is to keep everyone informed.

    Maybe they want to make sure nothing goes wrong before posting the notes? Hmmm? Because its not like the riff-raff here would shoot their mouths off if they posted notes, and had to delay for some reason....


    I understand what you are saying but if they are still making changes or don't know what was changed at this late stage of the game we have something to stress about. They could also be adding something they don't want us to know till the last possible moment (that can be good or bad).

    I just think in my opinion that this is really bad form. I can't remember the last mod that was release with no patch notes ... releasing it after the mod update start (it already has) does not count
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)



  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    If 'they' had changes to 'hide', they could put them out now. More than likely, they are running around making sure things WORK, or perhaps spellchecking the release notes for the extremely fun people with nothing better to do than point out spelling/grammar errors in release notes.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    You'd think on a patch day we'd see our community manager speak to the community. Either by patch notes or even a thread telling us what to expect here today... Sure the red message from the launcher says it'll be down for 4 hours but when I see that the first thing I do is head to the forums to see what's up! I suspect others do the same. It's when we have nothing to read, no information posted that we start looking for the pitch forks lol
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    litaaers said:

    If 'they' had changes to 'hide', they could put them out now. More than likely, they are running around making sure things WORK, or perhaps spellchecking the release notes for the extremely fun people with nothing better to do than point out spelling/grammar errors in release notes.

    Being a developer. I know they should have finalized the patch a week ago(at least). having a community manager that does not even bother to log on to one of the official mediums of communication for a prolonged period is not very professional.

    In short they should know what is changing. they should have press releases ready and probably have it published with a timed release on it. They should talk or provide feedback(patch notes) to their customers and keep them informed .


    EDIT : Releasing patch notes after the patch is done only cause customers to not use their product and read the notes then. or not read the notes and use the product. They should release it in a timely fashion not after the patch is done. It appears that the community manager could not be bothered to communicate with the companies clients
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)



  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    How many pitch forks must be pitched for patch notes to be pitched....or something like that.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    mynaam said:

    litaaers said:

    If 'they' had changes to 'hide', they could put them out now. More than likely, they are running around making sure things WORK, or perhaps spellchecking the release notes for the extremely fun people with nothing better to do than point out spelling/grammar errors in release notes.

    Being a developer. I know they should have finalized the patch a week ago(at least). having a community manager that does not even bother to log on to one of the official mediums of communication for a prolonged period is not very professional.

    In short they should know what is changing. they should have press releases ready and probably have it published with a timed release on it. They should talk or provide feedback(patch notes) to their customers and keep them informed .


    EDIT : Releasing patch notes after the patch is done only cause customers to not use their product and read the notes then. or not read the notes and use the product. They should release it in a timely fashion not after the patch is done. It appears that the community manager could not be bothered to communicate with the companies clients
    Sure, if they have manpower spilling out of their HAMSTER, which they likely do not.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6,705 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

    You'd think on a patch day we'd see our community manager speak to the community. Either by patch notes or even a thread telling us what to expect here today... Sure the red message from the launcher says it'll be down for 4 hours but when I see that the first thing I do is head to the forums to see what's up! I suspect others do the same. It's when we have nothing to read, no information posted that we start looking for the pitch forks lol

    6 hours, actually.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    So players are able to provide a link for the patch notes, but not the CM? Well, overworked and understuffed might be true, but as long as the CMs dont do double shifts as system designer, this is pretty much, what she should do on release day, imo.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 935 Arc User
    litaaers said:

    mynaam said:

    litaaers said:

    If 'they' had changes to 'hide', they could put them out now. More than likely, they are running around making sure things WORK, or perhaps spellchecking the release notes for the extremely fun people with nothing better to do than point out spelling/grammar errors in release notes.

    Being a developer. I know they should have finalized the patch a week ago(at least). having a community manager that does not even bother to log on to one of the official mediums of communication for a prolonged period is not very professional.

    In short they should know what is changing. they should have press releases ready and probably have it published with a timed release on it. They should talk or provide feedback(patch notes) to their customers and keep them informed .


    EDIT : Releasing patch notes after the patch is done only cause customers to not use their product and read the notes then. or not read the notes and use the product. They should release it in a timely fashion not after the patch is done. It appears that the community manager could not be bothered to communicate with the companies clients
    Sure, if they have manpower spilling out of their HAMSTER, which they likely do not.
    You seem to insinuate that they have no contingency planning which would explain their inconsistency.

    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)



  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    "Rings introduced by the Underdark expansion, received from Demonic Heroic Encounters, no longer apply their bonuses to companions or the player when equipped by companions."

    About bloody time! Maybe, finally, bonding runes won't be arguably the most important factor in player power in the late game. I feel a bit bad for the GS 2500 guys with rank 12 bonding and max level pet enchants on their multiple rings of brutality +5 but, eh, it's not like we couldn't see this coming. I guess the days of easy 200K+ power are over.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 518 Arc User

    "Rings introduced by the Underdark expansion, received from Demonic Heroic Encounters, no longer apply their bonuses to companions or the player when equipped by companions."

    About bloody time! Maybe, finally, bonding runes won't be arguably the most important factor in player power in the late game. I feel a bit bad for the GS 2500 guys with rank 12 bonding and max level pet enchants on their multiple rings of brutality +5 but, eh, it's not like we couldn't see this coming. I guess the days of easy 200K+ power are over.

    Hmm, not sure about that. If I am not mistaken, the statement could mean that only those rings from the demonic HEs are affacted. But afaik the +5 (and +4?) rings can not be achieved by demonic HEs, can they?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11,180 Arc User
    edited February 2017

    "Rings introduced by the Underdark expansion, received from Demonic Heroic Encounters, no longer apply their bonuses to companions or the player when equipped by companions."

    About bloody time! Maybe, finally, bonding runes won't be arguably the most important factor in player power in the late game. I feel a bit bad for the GS 2500 guys with rank 12 bonding and max level pet enchants on their multiple rings of brutality +5 but, eh, it's not like we couldn't see this coming. I guess the days of easy 200K+ power are over.

    Hmm, not sure about that. If I am not mistaken, the statement could mean that only those rings from the demonic HEs are affacted. But afaik the +5 (and +4?) rings can not be achieved by demonic HEs, can they?
    Literally speaking, you are right. However, it would be very dumb if they did exactly like that. They need extra code to separate +1,+2 to +3,+4,+5. And, +1,+2 are not exactly people would like to use. Hence, I expect all those rings will not give companion bonus and their statement was improperly written instead.

    EDIT: CMs said all underdark rings is what they "expected" no longer apply their bonuses to companions in their live stream.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11,180 Arc User
    By the way, the CMs are doing a live stream.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    If any of you would have bothered to look in NEWS and ANNOUCEMENTS you would find everything there. Nothing has changed from the earlier announcment.
Sign In or Register to comment.