test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crit Exploit

Comments

• Options
    lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Hm... I've always wondered how those people with low item level could "out" dps a higher item level person. Now this could be an explaination. People always try to achieve a status by cheating their way there and not actually work for it. As for those who put so much time and effort and even money to get where they like to be, can be disappointing when watching a lower item level individual over achieve a higher item level player then brags about it! I truly hope this does get fix because these people need to bite their tongue and start working hard just as the rest of us to get somewhere.
  • Options
    nagual#4114 nagual Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    its not 2-3 times more dps than non exploit its more like 100x more damage. Seeing lower item level that knows how to play out-dpsing higher item level 3x is standard.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

its not 2-3 times more dps than non exploit its more like 100x more damage. Seeing lower item level that knows how to play out-dpsing higher item level 3x is standard.

3x the damage of a significantly higher IL person would be fairly rare by playstyle alone. Not going to say it isn't possible, but very rare.

Some people just aren't as obvious with their exploiting as others and keep things in the realm of possibility to stay safe. Anyone doing 100X the damage or one-shotting bosses is just asking to be banned, and it really shouldn't be that hard to find them.
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I don't think detection is really a priority. Fixing the issue is most likely the priority. This seems to be more of a PSA regarding the issue.

More importantly don't go posting on websites how to do this or making videos on YouTube, or going into PVP and ruining other players play experience using this (PVP is bad enough as it is). Basically if they find out who you are they will ban you.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    LOL, there are already posts in XBL activity of a specific player using this boost in PvP. Legendary key sales are most likely up.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

BTW, is it possible to do this by accident? I rarely pay attention to my stats, and it would kind of suck to be banned because of something like this.

The steps are extremely convoluted. You're not going to accidentally do this.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    someone must have accidentally done it first to figure it out, unless they are reading the code or have a program to help them read the code. I saw someone with huge crit severity, like 25,000% - i figured it was a display bug but this now explains it a bit.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Im not so sure I buy accidently figured it out. the conspiracy theories run deep in this game.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

someone must have accidentally done it first to figure it out, unless they are reading the code or have a program to help them read the code. I saw someone with huge crit severity, like 25,000% - i figured it was a display bug but this now explains it a bit.

Someone found extra "feature" and abused it. And I would not be surprised that the first ones who abused it, tested this stuff in preview/test server. :P
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

3x the damage of a significantly higher IL person would be fairly rare by playstyle alone. Not going to say it isn't possible, but very rare.

Some people just aren't as obvious with their exploiting as others and keep things in the realm of possibility to stay safe. Anyone doing 100X the damage or one-shotting bosses is just asking to be banned, and it really shouldn't be that hard to find them.
    Not really, bonding vs no bondings which doesn't show in IL can do quite a lot of this very easily with minor playstyle differences or build choices doing the rest.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Not really, bonding vs no bondings which doesn't show in IL can do quite a lot of this very easily with minor playstyle differences or build choices doing the rest.

You cant one shot bosses cuzz you got boundings. You cant deal 100 times more damage than an equal geared same class as you cuzz you got boundings.
    BTT:
    This exploit cant be done by accident. Its an exploit where some one tried everything to activate that. Whats so worse with this exploit? Ppl who know the exploit try to sell this information how to do that for ADs. And unfortunality it seems there are a lot ppl pay them what they want.

• Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Hopefully that fixes the Critical Severity bug, as well as the other potions that can be exploited as well, I prefer not seeing someone running around with un-needed stats. :P Tbh idk why they do it anyways not worth the time to get it working, nor the benefit since it'll get boring quite fast.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've just seen a TR running this in 3 man spider. He had 140 crit severity but he'd taken off his WE and all other offensive enchantments. I'd guess he was prepping for higher content...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    For all concerned they aren't talking about crit chance they are talking about crit severity. some people are running around with 25,000% crit severity lol. I wont tell anyone how to do it because its stupid.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well they need to fix the bugs/exploits where you can 1 shot bosses in FBI using an item or hold the bosses in place so they cant attack you.

Seems they let exploits/bugs run for awhile as it keeps people playing and purchasing items/building overpowered/bugged classes.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    spideymt said:

You cant one shot bosses cuzz you got boundings. You cant deal 100 times more damage than an equal geared same class as you cuzz you got boundings.
    BTT:
    This exploit cant be done by accident. Its an exploit where some one tried everything to activate that. Whats so worse with this exploit? Ppl who know the exploit try to sell this information how to do that for ADs. And unfortunality it seems there are a lot ppl pay them what they want.
    Reading comprehension FTL, this was in response to a post on somebody doing 3x the damage of a higher geared player, which bondings can do, yes they won't do 100x that the crit sev bug can do.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

Well they need to fix the bugs/exploits where you can 1 shot bosses in FBI using an item or hold the bosses in place so they cant attack you.

Seems they let exploits/bugs run for awhile as it keeps people playing and purchasing items/building overpowered/bugged classes.

Aye, they can fix that after they fix the laggyness and non-present mechanics within FBI.
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Got that right...I dread running FBI as the lag is virtually making the content unplayable.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I dont know, if we are talking about the same thing, but my CW had 35k crit severity for some time. I know what happened (bug), but I dont know how it happened, so if this is the 'exploit' ppl talk about. It can happen by chance. I guessed, that it happened due to a lag.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    #1,

I am glad they have finally broached exploits here on the forums directly as A. it tells players they are aware of it, so we dont have to go bananas trying to explain the issue and B. it gives a warning to in game players not to do such activities.

I hope this trend continues and things can be presented in such a format without having to have players warned and banned for exposing such nefarious activities in the future.

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Must not be a big issue, don't think it got fixed with the latest update. Easy fix - don't allow players to que from inside a que'd instance. Problem solved.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    daddiepossum#5182 daddiepossum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Definitely not fixed. Just did dragon Melt in the well. Someone was one-shotting dragons before I could swing my axe.
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yup I can confirm it hast not been fixed on three different occasions:

- regular demogorgon (a dude from Alliance Brasil...), two days ago, damage scoreboard at the end said 723,000,000 with him at the top obviously
    - Sea of Moving Ice giants heroic, that one I saw while I was fishing at the spot nearby yesterday. LOL I saw the boss' health bar pop up then 2 seconds later the boss was dead and all done by only one guy. Tried to catch him but...
    - Sea of Moving Ice heroic encounters, yesterday aswell. Every encounter boss was completed within 3 seconds yes even the Dragon Trutle Moult...
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    The day of Reckoning will come for those who cheat. On that day the fiery ban Hammer of Justice will come down and strike most squarely those who deserve it. And then the salty tears of those who are no more, shall fill the oceans twice over. And I, shall sail in my small raft, and laugh
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

The day of Reckoning will come for those who cheat. On that day the fiery ban Hammer of Justice will come down and strike most squarely those who deserve it. And then the salty tears of those who are no more, shall fill the oceans twice over. And I, shall sail in my small raft khyek, and laugh

fixd
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited February 2017

The day of Reckoning will come for those who cheat as well as many unsuspecting innocents. On that day the fiery ban Hammer of Justice will come down and strike most squarely those who deserve it leaving in its wake a huge crater and associated collateral damage. And then the salty tears of those who are no more, as well as innocents caught in the sweeping and imprecise tsunami of punishment, shall fill the oceans twice over. And I, shall sail in my small raft khyek, and laugh get stuck in invisible floating ice geometry

fixd^2
  • Options
    thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Lol!
    And sadly more true than anyone is ready to admit
This discussion has been closed.