Comments

• Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Oh wow who knew. Great work everyone.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I remember talking to the awkward one about this, but for Rapid Strike: is there a reason why my HR's Rapid Strike animation "jams" and it just looks like my HR is shuffling back and forth? Is it WaI (tm) or has the animation always been bugged like this?
    jonkoca said:

At this rate I'm surprised we can walk without tripping over.

Isn't it fitting the Nature class is a buggy one?

okayokayI'llstopbotheringyouHRs

• Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    For as long as I can remember, Rapid Strike has done this.

Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Ok, so I was discussing the lack of Critical Strike on Cordon of Arrows with @thefabricant , and he mentioned Chains of Blazing Light - the DC skill - suffers from the same issue.

Then it hit me. When Mod 6 first hit Preview, Cordon of Arrows actually *looked* like Chains of Blazing Light. It was basicly a copy/paste of the DC skill. So, to any Dev keeping tabs on this thread: Fix Chains, and you'll probably fix Cordon. You're welcome.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    baggdaudibaggdaudi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    This is good. Hopefully at least plant growth gets fixed. If this doesn't work, then it's apparent they don't care about this class let alone its player base.
  • Options
    david#8871 david Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    baggdaudi said:

then it's apparent they don't care about this class let alone its player base.

Its not single class discrimination, its all. So this is more of dedication to the job/profession issue, the Dev retention is low. Hire to fix a problem, let go, rinse, repeat...

Guild: The Nation - XBox
    Teucer (HR)
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    It almost seems as if the "bug" was intentional just to temporarily appease the pvp commmunity.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    The devs refuse to acknowledge the power is even bugged.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking about with the crit severity exploit. They can fix the Sahha ball glitch but not this game breaking one lol.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    The PG was a nerf to make the PVP crowd stop posting nerf HR threads every other day its not getting looked and I don't expect it to be either. Its very frustrating when its so hard play MY only toon due to so many bugs
    terramak said:

The delay on Plant Growth is acknowledged, but I cannot give an estimated fix timeline.

Post edited by jhpnw on
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Dunno if this is a bug but Split the sky when placed on top of a group of mob only proc for the 1st 2 STS. On the 3rd STS u placed, it just hover on top of the mob and doest proc. Dont know if it only happen to me but if someone could confirm this its much appreciated.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    briartwine appears to be not working with the trapper build. (dunno how it is working with everyone else) I am playing with it because I pug a lot and in the t2's I often take as much or near as much damage as the tank. so I thought why not see how it does. I checked the ah first so I could see it the money would be there if I wanted out of it. (it appeared to be so.. turned out to be a lie but it appeared to be going for good money lol) before when I first thought I'd test it. I didn't really test it hard. I just put it up for sale. no ones buying for those prices they were priced at in the ah though (or far under those prices) so I figured I'd take it out and test it more seriously. I just now did a Etos in a pug. I took about 3 mil damage and I dealt 140 mil in damage. in an 18 min run. I figured while not big numbers there should be SOME numbers for briar but there weren't. going thru the boss battle which I think was probably .8 to 1 mil in damage rcvd. I had a couple you're briartwine dealt 0 damage and one bt dealt 8 damage.

that seems busted to me. it's a greater. so it should be throwing back 3.2 percent.

it would be nice if those were subject to crits too lol. appears not though. the other thing that could be done to make this a competitive enchant is if it also healed you for that 3.2 percent.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Sry don't know how to get colors. HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER (hamster highlight lol)

NEW BUG. Pathfinder action class feature is broken when used in conjunction with T.Elven armor enchant, the buff duration is reduced to almost nothing. i.e. guessing that the buff is somehow misconstrued as cc by the game engine, and so it's duration is reduced by elven battle.

HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    david#8871 david Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    That is why I don't use the class feature. Figured it was a known issue...
    Guild: The Nation - XBox
    Teucer (HR)
  • Options
    duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Both the rapid strikes bug and just, at-rest animation annoy the ever living HAMSTER out of me.

THIS HERE (Click)

AND THIS!! (click)

reaaaaally irk me. You're a ranger man! EYES FORWARD. Is he staring at his feet because he's afraid of tripping over them like when he tries to rapid strike?

Post edited by duskwood on
  • Options
    Looks like the DC is getting long overdue fixes, it's too bad they won't address the ranger again for another couple of mods.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Just a quick addendum about the rapid strikes animation. This may have nothing to do with it, and may have been just well timed good luck.

I was doing the dragon in Neverdeath today. I did him 3 times. I noticed that everytime I did him, rapid strikes did not hang up on him. He's the only thing I've fought that it just...never hung up on, and I spammed it a LOT. Maybe its a size thing? Losing the hitbox? I dunno. Thought I'd comment in case it helped.

edit* make that 4 times, no animation hang up. But the kobolds on the way back? DERP DERP DERP DERP
  • Options
    I'd like to add this :smile:

Rain of Swords :
    The flurry effect from the end line combat ability procs while you are at your peak in mid-air. By the time you land, you barely have time to swing MAYBE once.
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    @duskwood

I did add this on 13th February i just haven't specified this with what powers it happens.

Blade Hurricane:
    There're exist a powers with are enough long-animated to not allow capstone run two seconds. It's occur in the fact that Flurry activating pre-execution from tray(i mean power not going on cooldown). In the 3/4 of executed animation you can sometimes see that Flurry already activated. It's negative part of this capstone, more postive fact is that you can use a power with fast animation and shift in good timing to get a proc from the combat's capstone without activating a power. There's exist a easy solution for this at all - make a combat's capstone to work like class feature from Pathfinder named Pathfinder Action. This class feature activating after execution from the tray so there shouldn't be any problems in losing a uptime on capstone.

Pretty sure i have no more time for testing HR since i'm playing now ESO.
  • Options
    @dreadnaught#5263 Any chance these bugs will be looked at in the near future? Great work with all the DC bugs, seems most got fixed within a weeks timeframe.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Wrong nerfs coming because of the pve not because of the pvp. PVP have more serious bug like aura of courage and they dont fix. Even the annointed army nerfed based on pve again.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    @jonkoca T. Elven or any rank for that matter also cancels out Forest Ghost run speed buff as well.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Lol, another mystery solved, glad I sold my elven now. Wondered why I seemed so slow, neither ghost nor pathfinders action seemed to make me run very fast. Thnx for clearing that up.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Plant growth was finally fixed on preview.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Old Bug : Broadhead Arrow feat : everytime changing instance in range stance remove the crit bonus and need to switch to melee and and back to range stance to get back the crit bonus. Its not gamebreaking but its annoying.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I'd add a few things mainly relevant to pvp:
    1) Marauder's Escape allows opponent to target far out of their abilities' range and to target the player while the animation is occurring. Obviously it doesn't promise immunity, but it's hardly an 'Escape' if some TR can target you with SE and suddenly you're 80 feet away and dead from a ridiculous 200k hit - even though SE's animation only finishes when you're already far beyond its range. Also, the usual GF and GWF prones and knocks target through it.

It's time to add immunity and a target break during the animation of ME. It's the only way the ability makes any sense.

2) I'm not sure what the point of Forest Ghost is supposed to be if other classes, particularly CWs, can target right through its stealth. I can't tell you how many times I've been targeted by some CW a second or more after entering FG's stealth.

Forest Ghost has needed a rework for a long time. Its animation should be eliminated, it should work the same way as TR's space bar, and it should break targeting.

3) Boar Charge has no effect on dodging CWs and DCs. So apparently their dodges provide control immunity while ours do not.

Boar Charge is something else that should be reworked. The way in which it freezes the HR using it for a second at the end of the animation is particularly annoying to combat HRs, since it eats up half to most of the time we have during the proc of flurry/Blade Hurricane to use at-wills against the prone opponent. The niamtion is easy to fix - just snip away the part where the HR isn't moving.

4) Disrupting Shot often has no effect on other players, particularly CWs. I constantly see them hit me with encounters and dailies immediately after getting hit with what should be a 4-second stun.

This is part of the longstanding problem with HR control abilities having durations so short as to be nonexistent. I realize no one wants permastun, but since TR's essentially have it with Courage Breaker + Smoke Bomb and GFs and GWFs have their two- or three-button kills that rely on unmitigatable control durations and undodgeable abilities, surely HRs deserve some help here.