test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gathorne's Debuffadin (Formally Shadowknight)

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Thank you for your comment. For non-humans, I would not take Force of Will. The bonus crit is nice, but not a necessity for the tanking aspect of the build. If you absolutely could not do without Force of will, perhaps a point or two from Steadfast (you'd be sacrificing HP for crit) could work as well.

Probably best to sacrifice the crit over HP though as the point of critting is to boost HP gain. 3% crit chance is of less value than 9% extra normal HP.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Indeed. I don't suggest ever sacrificing HP over crit, but hence just a suggestion and nothing more.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Well, for non-human races I'd take 3/3 Force of Will and 2/5 Steadfast, or go 2/3 and 3/5. It's up to 15% crit chance from Charisma (not 3%) and now with new armor piece that has 42k HP or Energon companion it's easier to build HP than before.
  • Options
    swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Respecing an old OP now. What are your last two boons for the Maze Engine? Also did I miss your artifacts? Really excited about this build! Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @trzebiat#2067 as far as the crit vs hp, it really comes down to what the player wants. I think there is an argument for both cases. More hp = more hp bonus for power/AoC (overall constant), but more crit = potential higher damage = more temp hp. To each their own.

@swapilot I recently finished the Maze engine. Had to take a respec and i'll be updating the images tonight. I took Demonic Swiftness and Baphomet's Might. My AP gain was a little low and I try not to use sanctuary all that much. Took Baphomet's Might in hopes to see more crits for TW (and potentially higher Temp HP as a result).
    Gathornia The Divine

[Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Luckily you don't have to choose between HP and crit if you take the human race which is much much better than any other race because you don't have to sacrifice any of the two. I really don't think any racial traits can beat extra 3 heroic feat points that allows to max both Steadfast and Force of Will for OP. It comes down to people who already chose a different race because race reroll token is kinda expensive.
  • Options
    Yeah my first roll was a Dwarf but I bit the bullet and went human after I gained a better understanding.

• Options
    I am really loving this build!!! I respeced my first (look back on that build and wonder what was I thinking) Pally and am so very glad that I spent the money. Ran Valindra's Tower today and was the last toon standing after each of our first three attempts to beat her, felt good. Thanks again for the build, I know it is not for everyone but it really suits my play style.
  • Options
    @swapilot Thank you for trying it out. Its not exactly a "one size fits all" but I am working on expanding the build to various styles (pure tanking, DPS, and maybe even moving it into the Devo Spec).
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

@swapilot Thank you for trying it out. Its not exactly a "one size fits all" but I am working on expanding the build to various styles (pure tanking, DPS, and maybe even moving it into the Devo Spec).

I have a high life steal DevOP spec that I've been playing for a while and I have a blast with it. Might do a guide; running with ~39% lifesteal--on a DevOP, that translates into a ton of damage.
  • Options
    Please do a guide. While I may not like all of them, I always learn a ton from them and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    coldbeer#1097 coldbeer Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Obviously, I am missing something, but how can you get at 30 con and 24 charisma? With a human, I mean and using just the greater plate band of constitution for + 4 to con.
  • Options
    It's not hard. If you roll 18 on both and use the +2 on con, add 7 points in each = 27 & 25. A con belt will put you at 31.

• Options
    armadeonx said:

It's not hard. If you roll 18 on both and use the +2 on con, add 7 points in each = 27 & 25. A con belt will put you at 31.

Strange, my rolls (with +2 on con) give me 18 con, 16 cha and 12 wis I think. I will try some more.
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    It's impossible to roll 18 on both stats. You can roll 18 only on the primary stat (then both secondary stats will be 13) or you can roll 16 on primary and one secondary stat (and the other secondary will be 12).

He rolled 16 on both, +1 of campfire = 17
    +7 of 1 point every 10 levels = 24 on both CON and CHA
    +2 of human = 26 CON
    +4 Con belt = 30 CON
  • Options

It's impossible to roll 18 on both stats. You can roll 18 only on the primary stat (then both secondary stats will be 13) or you can roll 16 on primary and one secondary stat (and the other secondary will be 12).

He rolled 16 on both, +1 of campfire = 17
    +7 of 1 point every 10 levels = 24 on both CON and CHA
    +2 of human = 26 CON
    +4 Con belt = 30 CON

Thank you
  • Options
    svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I love the thought process behind this build. Very nice. Especially the outgoing damage debuff route should be pretty easy to get a functional version of for the lower end players/ poor pallies.
    I think I saw it mentioned before in one of the other comments, but I don't think i saw a reply yet. Would the Valhalla set be worth looking at compared to the two non set pieces you are using at the moment? IE will the extra debuff outweigh the 2 CON and action point gain?

Sincerely,

Zalathorm Nightwhisper
  • Options
    Just came to me, if you focus on reducing enemy damage you should use Champion's Banner as main artifact, it has stats that would fit your build, HP and defense, and it lasts 30 seconds so great for bosses. I see lots of GFs using it as main. Also Valhalla set will be the best, awesome set bonus, artifact with great stats - HP, crit and CA, only trading 2 CON from Con belt.
  • Options
    duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    question.

Divine Touch : it lowers the damage you take for 8 sec, with a shorter than that CD. How much does it lower it by, anyone know?

edit* Also is divine call bugged? it says it gives 10% DR, but when I hit it, I see the buff, but my char sheet doesnt show it.

Sorry, just respecced from devoation cause I didnt like it, and was somewhat following and adapting this guide for my own style :D
  • Options
    duskwood said:

Also is divine call bugged? it says it gives 10% DR, but when I hit it, I see the buff, but my char sheet doesnt show it.

In stats it only shows DR you get from Defense and Armor Class, doesn't include DR from buffs like Divine Call, Negation, Circle of Power, Oath of Protection etc.
  • Options
    Sorry I have been away for a while. Got sick and stuff and needed time to recuperate.

To go over the basics, I do believe the Valhalla Set is worth a gander at as well as using a Champion's Banner. The beauty in my opinion of this build is the flexibility. If you want the debuff route, then you can. If you just want to tank and spank, you can. The focus is mainly around the rotation, artis and companions.

Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    Do you think Dread Warrior can be a solution for a summoned companion? I try, with my baby pally, to do a cross between you and the owlbear cub build.
  • Options
    It really would depend on if you do not think you are getting enough aggro. I can see a case for it, but again, it is situational. 3x Loyal Defenders (They are fairly expensive now, but give a good heap of threat) might be another way to gain it as well.
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    mcfly#2257 mcfly Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi,could you plz add a screenshot of the powers for newbies like me. That would be nice. Thanks
  • Options
    Just an update to the build.

I have moved over to more of the debuff side of the OP. Switching out comps to align with bigger fights. Using Rust Monster, Chicken, Energon, Bulette Pup and one depending on the situation. I have replaced the Tenebrous with Radiants for the time being in hopes to test some other theories.

Using Smite, TW and Blinding Light for solo/trash and using Bane, TW and BO for boss fights.

I have moved on to a T.Barkshield and a T.Plague Fire.

Class features are about the same, using Wisdom and Courage for solo/trash and Protection and Truth for really hard boss fights. I do switch out Protection for Courage on lesser boss/easier fights.

Below is a link to last nights fight with Orcus (ACT parsed out the Orcus fight somehow, figure its a nice feature to have that pulled out versus the whole dungeon).

Link to ACT Screenshot

No deaths and had a fairly low DPS (Came out on top with 60 Million damage as the tank). Used Bane x3 before strapping on BO and charging in. Hit TW as soon as I was close to Orcus. Continued with rotation of Bane, BO when it was up and TW when needed. Used Divine Call when needed to lower the cooldown for TW or BO.
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    How are you finding the Barkshield? It's generally considered non-optimal for tanks due to the slow gain of charges and the low value on each charge but I've often wondered if the actual absorption of each charge is higher than the tooltip states.

• Options
    I personally like the barkshield. The 3 seconds goes by much faster than you think. The full stack (4) ends up saving 200K in hp. At the rate Orcus hits, you get at least a 20k in savings when it comes to damage taken at minimum. It's also really good to have for the green orbs. Usually absorbs those hits when they drop on you. From what I can tell, you get the diminished amount, based upon how much that is per rank of the Barkshield (starts off with 80k, goes down to 20k as the tooltip states).
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    That's good. I've always thought they should rework Barkshield to make each layer be a % of the players HP. I currently only use one on my TR and it really transformed his survivability, but he doesn't get hit often but has pathetically low DR.

I should really think about getting a 2nd armor enchantment for my pally as his Fireburst is purely offensive. Negation doesn't help as my DR is already high so I'll think about this option :wink: