test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The temptation/Support Warlock thread.

124»

Comments

• diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    About green spheres, many warlock still don't know that with shadow walk, we don't fear green spheres as it give us 1s immunity.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2016

tyrtallow said:

Have you guys actually tried damage debuffs (Wraith's Shadow, artifact empowered Hand of Blight, Pillar of Power) against bosses?
    Because in my own personal experience its against solo mobs that Temptlocks really shine because their enemy damage out reduction powers come into full play. I've seen a Temptlock basically cut Orcus' damage down to half, and after wiping once vs the green orbs we managed to beat him on the next try without incident.

I use wraith of shadow, time to time. PoP and Hand of blight is my main tools. And on top u can drop daily power Brood of hadar.
    @thefabricant wrote that Wraith Shadow debuff did not work in mod 10. I asked in other threats about someone, who did test it lately, but I guess noone did.
    Maybe I will do so.

Did test it on Preview: no effect on firegolem in terms of damagereduction, same effectiveness, and on top of it the debuff disappears the moment you get cc´d, normally lasting for about 7 seconds...wasted imo
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User

tyrtallow said:

Have you guys actually tried damage debuffs (Wraith's Shadow, artifact empowered Hand of Blight, Pillar of Power) against bosses?
    Because in my own personal experience its against solo mobs that Temptlocks really shine because their enemy damage out reduction powers come into full play. I've seen a Temptlock basically cut Orcus' damage down to half, and after wiping once vs the green orbs we managed to beat him on the next try without incident.

I use wraith of shadow, time to time. PoP and Hand of blight is my main tools. And on top u can drop daily power Brood of hadar.
    @thefabricant wrote that Wraith Shadow debuff did not work in mod 10. I asked in other threats about someone, who did test it lately, but I guess noone did.
    Maybe I will do so.

Did test it on Preview: no effect on firegolem in terms of damagereduction, same effectiveness, and on top of it the debuff disappears the moment you get cc´d, normally lasting for about 7 seconds...wasted imo
    Thanks for pointing that out :)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    edited December 2016
    denvald said:

tyrtallow said:

Maybe I will do so.

Thanks for pointing that out :)
    It´s areal pitty, our best debuff (it´s about 30%) is not working since..
  • darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I remember experimenting with wraiths shadow before mod 10 rolled out on ps4 and I didn't see any beneficial effect from it then. It's a shame if a player wants to swap up abilities for a debuff SW
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    There's gotta be something more to Wraith's Shadow 'not working'. I've had very positive results with it, particularly vs Lostmauth, Valinda, and Demogorgon. Have not parsed it, but it's the difference between Lostmauth's tail swipe instantly killing me and it taking about 60% of my health. (This in a group full of rogues, GWFs, and a GF not using KV.)
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • slyef#6396 slyef Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone tried the final boon from SKT?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    arakk00 said:

There's gotta be something more to Wraith's Shadow 'not working'. I've had very positive results with it, particularly vs Lostmauth, Valinda, and Demogorgon. Have not parsed it, but it's the difference between Lostmauth's tail swipe instantly killing me and it taking about 60% of my health. (This in a group full of rogues, GWFs, and a GF not using KV.)

I'm not able to use ACT atm, if you ever have time to parse that for testing it out I'm interested to see the results
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I'm gonna throw this out here because I would assume that at least some buff/debuffs support locks would be running dreadtheft. I'm on ps4 and was experimenting with DT on some dummies and noticed that it was still doing the warlock curse consume on the dummies versus the curse synergy that the tool tip states. My lesser curses would proc from ACC, but I found that the warlock curse icon would disappear. More often than not one of the three dummies would have the warlock curse return in a second or 2, but I'm not sure if the damage bonus from WC was still being applied while maintaining DT . Any opinions or experiences that could elaborate?
    edited December 2016
    WC doesn't change effectiveness , it's a 20% buff to you, so you can only compare the damage...hard to tell that way, it should not disappear
    About Wraith Shadow I allways thought it worked till mod 9 , but @thefabricant told it's not and i did some tests in WoD.
    I could not find a difference between the effectiveness and the incoming damage with or without that debuff on a giant. On top that the debufficon disappeared the moment i got cc'd...pretty instabile and not working correctly imo.
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Does anyone know if Templock heals are counted as "healing spells" as per boon descriptions, etc?
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • slyef#6396 slyef Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Tested it, and no
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Got it. Thank your for testing this for me.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide