Starlight Parcel Items

Comments

• Options
    Oh lord, I've opened so many of these things.. ugh
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2016

lowjohn said:

So, what exactly is the problem with the parcels? Is it getting only the gift on some of the parcels and no other items? Or is it a drop rate issue? I'm pretty sure I've had some parcels and bags with only the gift inside and nothing else. But I've had a few somewhat decent prizes. I'm not sure what the 'Rare equipment' is supposed to be though.

To compensate people after fixing, an easy way would be to give them as many parcels as they have already opened. Pretty sure people would be satisfied with that, specially if not all of the parcels were bugged.

The issue is: As you open more parcels, the possible loot is supposed to get better. However, if your parcel contained "better loot" from the better loot table, you instead got nothing.

Basically, think of it like a lottery ticket. If you win another free ticket, you get it. If you win $5, you get it. If your ticket says you win $1000, you don't get the money. That's the problem.

(And yes, each character gets X free parcels, where X is the number of parcels on the pre-fix parcel counter, would solve the problem nicely. Some people would get more Pres Wards and Scrolls Of Mass Life than they were supposed to, but oops? There's no super-valuable stuff dropping in the parcels yet, so there's no issue with "flooding the market" with fixed parcels.)
    This information is wrong. The parcels gave out everything they were suppose to give out except Rare Equipment items. The 'better loot' most definitely got better. I've gotten, to name a few, 3x Mysterious Chicken Eggs, 2x Mysterious Crystal Chargers, 3x Lillends, 3x Redcap Powrie, Numerous Transmogs, Apparatus of Gond, Forgehammer of Gond and some more (10+ green companions, 2 random mounts, etc). I've explained this before if you read up a bit. The only thing wrong with the Parcels was if the Parcel was suppose to drop a piece of Rare Equipment it instead gave you nothing. Therefore you were left with the basic portion of the Parcel.
    You don't know the reproduction steps for breaking the loot tables. The odds for drops are much better than what people are posting they've gotten. Opening 100+ parcels and getting nothing but winter novelties and r6 is and a piece of rare equipment is basically impossible. For all you know they added something to the loot tables that you never got to drop and it breaks all of your parcels after that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    greenarrow87#9294 greenarrow87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've brought loads from the zen market and got loads from gifts and lately I've just been getting junk
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The problem with the parcels is not that people are having bad rng/luck it is that you are meant to get 3 rewards per parcel but for some of the parcels you are only getting the 2 rewards of gift and winter novelty, This means you are not getting the 3rd item from the 'this pack also contains one of the following' table (can be as low as a rank6 or weapon transmute) meaning you are not getting what you are paying Zen for.

Link to video showing bugged reward: http://xboxclips.com/CScriv/e6bb08bb-7524-42af-9f74-32cf41d93726

Image showing what you are meant to get: C0IWoJQWEAAsLY7
    img

I would assume for those that bought parcels with zen would get an amount back. (50% of parcels back from Zen purchased ones)

Those that have only opened the free voucher parcels which gave RP for artifact and a free gift to give to friends, "well it was free and you got something for nothing" may be the stand point on that. (10% back of parcels opened from voucher)

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Or give us the same number of parcels that we opened to re-open once the bug is fixed - that would be fair and people who never got the bug - well happy holidays
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    kaiichikaiichi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Support told me "you don't always get the third item, it is like this by design of the game" so the will probably just update the text to say "MAY" get one of the following and screw us all over. Still doesn't cover their rear ends from the good faith purchases made by those of us reading it the old way though. I have probably spent close to 7000 zen, or better, on boxes this go around.
  • Options
    mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I also opened many many parcels......compensation?????
    -Darcy of Mountainair
  • Options
    irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Some sort of Compensation should be given. We are talking about time and money here and both are very valuable!
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    kaiichi said:

Support told me "you don't always get the third item, it is like this by design of the game" so the will probably just update the text to say "MAY" get one of the following and screw us all over. Still doesn't cover their rear ends from the good faith purchases made by those of us reading it the old way though. I have probably spent close to 7000 zen, or better, on boxes this go around.

They have advertised it that you get 3 rewards and you have paid for 3 rewards. Whether or not they change the text is irrelevant at this point as they have to give you what you have paid for.

As a note support has not got back to me when I sent them the video of a bugged reward and a picture of what is advertised and stated on the parcel in the Zen market.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    chad03109#4568 chad03109 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I wish I knew about this have bought 80 on one toon have 14 toons all together doing the event everyday they better compensate me for this thought I had bad luck guess we all get shafted in the holiday season
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    I would not open any gift until after Christmas or later. May be Santa will say I am a good boy. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    smallsdatrsmallsdatr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I've actually opened over 350 parcels. I've gained 15 retraining tokens (boxes 1-[approx.]50), then from boxes (approx.) 51-100 I gained 3 purple companions and one apparatus. THEN, after (approx.) 100 boxes ALL I've gotten is Rank 6 radiants/darks/azures - along with a gift of simril and light of simril... YAY ME!! so you're telling me that the 1st 100 drop just fine, then after that I've just had "bad luck"?

Last year's event worked so much better - I opened about the same amount of boxes last year and got a boat load more purple items/mounts/artifacts/etc. than I have this year; so either the loot table changed drastically or I have terrible luck or the loot table has changed and not tested properly... I really wish I hadn't spent the Zen on this game and will more than likely be referencing this thread and their issues when I ask MS for my money back when Arc/Cryptic/PW doesn't compensate to my standards.
  • Options
    warheathen#5806 warheathen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've opened over 1100. Can't wait to see what this "Compensation" is about, hahahha. Although, this DOES explain why I got so many parcels with just a gift in it lol
  • Options
    thecomingdawn#0810 thecomingdawn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Opened 203 on main character 115 of which only gave me a gift of simril and fireworks or sun beams and no appropriate items
  • Options
    rondragorxrondragorx Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought them too in packs and single ones and opened the broken ones on ps4. I hope we get a compensation for it.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Thanks for finding a fix
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited December 2016

urabask said:

lowjohn said:

So, what exactly is the problem with the parcels? Is it getting only the gift on some of the parcels and no other items? Or is it a drop rate issue? I'm pretty sure I've had some parcels and bags with only the gift inside and nothing else. But I've had a few somewhat decent prizes. I'm not sure what the 'Rare equipment' is supposed to be though.

To compensate people after fixing, an easy way would be to give them as many parcels as they have already opened. Pretty sure people would be satisfied with that, specially if not all of the parcels were bugged.

The issue is: As you open more parcels, the possible loot is supposed to get better. However, if your parcel contained "better loot" from the better loot table, you instead got nothing.

Basically, think of it like a lottery ticket. If you win another free ticket, you get it. If you win $5, you get it. If your ticket says you win $1000, you don't get the money. That's the problem.

(And yes, each character gets X free parcels, where X is the number of parcels on the pre-fix parcel counter, would solve the problem nicely. Some people would get more Pres Wards and Scrolls Of Mass Life than they were supposed to, but oops? There's no super-valuable stuff dropping in the parcels yet, so there's no issue with "flooding the market" with fixed parcels.)
    This information is wrong. The parcels gave out everything they were suppose to give out except Rare Equipment items. The 'better loot' most definitely got better. I've gotten, to name a few, 3x Mysterious Chicken Eggs, 2x Mysterious Crystal Chargers, 3x Lillends, 3x Redcap Powrie, Numerous Transmogs, Apparatus of Gond, Forgehammer of Gond and some more (10+ green companions, 2 random mounts, etc). I've explained this before if you read up a bit. The only thing wrong with the Parcels was if the Parcel was suppose to drop a piece of Rare Equipment it instead gave you nothing. Therefore you were left with the basic portion of the Parcel.
    You don't know the reproduction steps for breaking the loot tables. The odds for drops are much better than what people are posting they've gotten. Opening 100+ parcels and getting nothing but winter novelties and r6 is and a piece of rare equipment is basically impossible. For all you know they added something to the loot tables that you never got to drop and it breaks all of your parcels after that.
    First, stop and actually think about most of the posts you've seen here. Most of these people are giving false information about what they've gotten. These Parcels don't 'break' differently for individual people. The same algorithm is used for every Parcel opened. One guy just said he opened 300 Parcels and didn't get anything but an enchantment from Parcel #26 to #300. Read between the lines here. My Alliance group (5 of us) opened more than 1000 Parcels combined. Each and every one of use had gotten a mixture of most of the possible items. Other members in our Alliance who have purchased less (10, 20, 30, etc) have given us the same information. People on my friends list have also given this same information. Two sources (who will remain unnamed) have also confirmed the issues with the Parcels. Like I've said before, you can choose to believe it or not but facts remain facts regardless. People just want to be right and people just want to feel a part of something. All that said, most of the posts here about Parcel amounts and drops are lying through their teeth.
    The thing is you have no way to prove you're correct either. We're just supposed to believe your unnamed source and open parcels because we'd get the same garbage after the fix anyways. It's complete speculation because you don't know the cause.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sledneck220#2698 sledneck220 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I spent 8000 Zen on gift parties too. I noticed on quite a few that I didn't get anything. And all this time I just thought it was my worthless luck. Apparently it was just a bug. Now to go back to the beginning...
  • Options
    spacequeen#6705 spacequeen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    null
    Same here, I have opened about a hundred so far and nothing but simiril gifts and Stupid fireworks that I won't use for the most part.... I have got the mysterious Crystal charger a few times deservingly after opening so many but the times I didn't get anything, I REALLY didn't get anything including the bare minimum like a Rank 4 enchant
  • Options

I personally don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone who has ACTUALLY opened more than a couple Parcels can tell you the same thing I've been saying. What I've said about the Parcels is correct and no amount of complaining is going to change that. People just want to argue and come out with their own nonsense so they can feel like they matter. Again, love it or hate it; facts don't change.

Well if you're wrong and someone believes you then you just screwed them over. There's literally no reason to post this HAMSTER because people are better off waiting until Cryptic posts their fix.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Am I the only one having much the same things with the little daily fortune cookie thingies as people seem to be having with parcels? Most days that I open the fortune after the dude by the telescope gives me a fortune, the fortune just disappears from my inventory with no noticeable effect - no message, no change in inventory, no change in currencies listed under Riches.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    vyltrana said:

Simple post here i paid for 2000 zen for the Winter Festival now that you have confirmed it is broken and that you are working on a fix will i get my 2000 zen back before xmas ?

I know you are upset, but you really didn't lose much. I'm not sure what they will do to make it up to us, but this might make you feel a little better until they do.

Based on some experimenting and discussion with others. The only thing you lost out on was some junk equipment. Everything else seems to be dropping. The bugged item is the "Rare Equipment: drop(second item in the second section). Anytime you only got 2, it appears that was supposed to be the third.

I only noticed because I wondered where all the junk equipment that clogged my bags last year went to.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Im still waiting on my retraining tokens from the power point issue in mod 6.. ! Im sure they are coming anytime now =P
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    zephyriah said:

vyltrana said:

Simple post here i paid for 2000 zen for the Winter Festival now that you have confirmed it is broken and that you are working on a fix will i get my 2000 zen back before xmas ?

I know you are upset, but you really didn't lose much. I'm not sure what they will do to make it up to us, but this might make you feel a little better until they do.

Based on some experimenting and discussion with others. The only thing you lost out on was some junk equipment. Everything else seems to be dropping. The bugged item is the "Rare Equipment: drop(second item in the second section). Anytime you only got 2, it appears that was supposed to be the third.

I only noticed because I wondered where all the junk equipment that clogged my bags last year went to.
    I'm getting junk good stuff and no stuff. so, I don't think it works that way. I'm also getting less of BOTH good stuff and junk stuff than I got last year. I don't think it's any one thing that is blocked. I think sometimes the code is just bungling up in either direction. I do think we're missing out on good stuff as well as the dross here.

I think any time you get a flawed drop it could have been good or it could have been dross.
This discussion has been closed.