test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get no quests anymore Bryn Shander.

raatgeverraatgever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I get no more quests will no longer be given in Bryn Shander, no starting quest "Defending the Dale".

Cause me the quest "Shrine of Mielikki" had not completed the first timeand was unable to go back inside, i removed the quest and the next day
was the problem there.

Through ARC help created a ticket in the game system does not work, but the gamemaster can not help me.
Now the problem exist now 10 day's and is very frustated.
Someone who can help me in this way?

Char is Jango@raatgever.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You have to finish the introductory quests in Lonelywood, and then you'll have dailies again. Same thing will happen when you hit sufficient reputation to be sent to Cold Run.

Ed: Did you abandon the unrepeatable Shrine quest and break the intro? Because that's possible, I guess. If the devs didn't build in protection from doing that.

@panderus I don't know if the SKT intros are susceptible to breaking by abandoning quests, but probably worth checking up on.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • raatgeverraatgever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm not questing there and not in Lonelywood, only Blizzards Return in Bryn Shander.

Fear that none of the game itself is interested to solve the problem for me, youre're good if you buy zen but otherwise you can figure it out.

The ingame ticket system does not work and in other ways the problem is not resolved.
    Would not know how that is.

Translated by Google from Dutch.
    Fix my problem pls.
  • jgwilsonjgwilson Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    This is still a problem! Can't progress, can't self-repair the questline, and support refuses to help.
    They do nothing, only so-called friendly responses indicate where you have nothing.
    And through this forum happens nothing, all incromprehensible.

I stopped and pay nothing anymore.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Okay so with the language barriers this is a little hard to understand but I think I've got it.
    You got to the Lonelywood part of the Sea of Ice campaign and you dropped the first time non-repeatable quest to protect Mielikki's shrine because it didn't complete correctly for you. Now you can't pick it up again and therefore cannot progress in the game as you have to complete that quest in order to get dailies again. You've contacted support about it but they have so far been unable to help you which you are understandably frustrated over.

The thing is if the developers somehow build the quest line so you can't pick up non-repeatable quests if you drop them there isn't really anything support can do on its own, expect hand this over to the devs and ask them to fix it. Depending on how deep that problem runs in the code, that can take a while.

Apart from that, not knowing exactly what support have told you it's hard to help. Did they offer any solution at all? The devs do read the bug reports, but fixing things can take time and the rest of us are just regular players that can't really do anything at all.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rkummerrkummer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This happened to me in Bryn Shander. I completed the intro quests, but after abandoning one of the quests, I now have no quests in Bryn Shander, and no NPCs are offering me any quests. The gamemasters made it clear to me that they don't even know how to play the game after the ticket I submitted. I have been unable to do ANY of the STK campaign since it was released. I even sent messages to strumlinger, but have had no reply. Someone needs to fix this.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    rkummer said:

This happened to me in Bryn Shander. I completed the intro quests, but after abandoning one of the quests, I now have no quests in Bryn Shander, and no NPCs are offering me any quests. The gamemasters made it clear to me that they don't even know how to play the game after the ticket I submitted. I have been unable to do ANY of the STK campaign since it was released. I even sent messages to strumlinger, but have had no reply. Someone needs to fix this.

Strum is gone. You need to deal with @nitocris83 from now on ... not sure if she can help you though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

rkummer said:

Strum is gone. You need to deal with @nitocris83 from now on ... not sure if she can help you though.
    That is very useful information. Thank you!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    For those having problems in Lonelywood it seems that it's getting fixed in today's patch. While there is nothing official for a break in Bryn Shander they might stealth fix it a the same time, so maybe check back after maintenance and see if the problem is still there?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    I just checked, and it's still broken for Bryn Shander.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    rkummer said:

I just checked, and it's still broken for Bryn Shander.

Until you finish the yellow Shrine quest, it won't give you Defending the Dale. This was by design, as soon as you unlock a new area (with enough reputation) it forces you to complete all of the intro yellow non-repeatable quests before giving you Defending the Dale again.

I don't remember for certain, but it's possible that the yellow Shrine quest is given by one of the characters who is out in the wilderness, not in town. If you haven't checked, go out to the campfire in the middle of Lonelywood (it's on a hill overlooking the troll camp) and see if Xuna is close-by behind a tree somewhere next to it.

It's worth trying, I helped a stranger who was insisting his Cold Run intro quests were perma-bugged after he dropped one, but he was able to find Xuna out in a cave in Cold Run and pick up the quest line again to finish.
    I'm far from unlocking Lonely Wood, but, I did go to the knuckle head camp in Bryn Shander, and my quest line appears to be fixed. Yay!
    I looked but my questline is still broken.
    Still not playing.
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    I have the same issue,can get the Shrine and Blizzard but the other quests in Bryn Shander and Lonelywood all say I need to get Defending the Dale but wont give me any quests,heres the response from support, after they told me to try Cattie-brie above the troll camp,but shes not there for me.----
    Hello,

Thank you for the update. If she is not there, then you are affected by a known issue, which is being actively investigated by the developers. I do not have an ETA on a fix, so I encourage you to post a thread on our forums as well as keep an eye out for patch notes as that is the best way to find out when this issue will be resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding in this matter.
  • sinfulfearsinfulfear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same issue with bryn shander. i completed the quest where you fight the 2 yetis on the wall, completed all other quest in lonelywood. Went back to do dailies the next day and had none showing. I just went to lonelywood to see if i missed a quest there and i had 1 showing, protecting the strine. I finished went back to bryn and i'm still not showing any dailies. The quest defending the dale has to be completed. Before the new update I never had this issue. Its frustrating and until this gets fixed i cant do anymore dailies here which means i cant go farther in the campaign which no more boons. Pls fix this issue.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I just went to lonelywood to see if i missed a quest there and i had 1 showing, protecting the strine.

Try finding Catti-brie in the woods near the troll camp and speaking to her. This still sounds like an incomplete zone intro holding you up.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia