test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House bugged since reset

Since today’s (6 Dec) server reset, the auction house has become bugged for me, insofar as when I either filter search for a specific item (e.g. Vorpal) or just filter by rarity (e.g. Epic), I only get one or two results shown, when I know these are for searches that normally yield hundreds of results.

Comments

• Options
    jipoux#4229 jipoux Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have a same problem and my last sells don't find
  • Options
    fullfx#6453 fullfx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    2:08 pm 12/16/16 Auction house no longer completing search results properly.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll follow up with the team on this!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I'll follow up with the team on this!

@nitocris83

From mentions on Reddit, all items posted prior to maintenance are now hidden, which dramatically reduces the pool of items available to find in a search. The seller has to pull down their stuff and repost, losing fees if they are subject to them. Items with lowball bids will ultimately sell for the current offer, since no more bids will be placed on an invisible auction. There is a related issue where unsold items stay lodged on the AH unable to be removed, and transactions are not completed, until maintenance when everything dislodges and everyone gets their items or AD.

This has been an off and on problem on all platforms for... I'd say at least the last 6 months (through a couple of PC module releases or major updates). PC players had been able to work around the stuck unsold item bug via Gateway, at least until we lost that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I'd love to know if this is something that's going to be addressed soon, as I listed an pricey mount (apparatus of whatchamacallit) & a handful of troves of Elemental E, some greater refining marks too....prob a good 2 1/2 mil or more worth of diamonds

If all my bids are going to be low ended now or I lose my posting fee & take it down....then have to pay it twice....

That's pretty lame
  • Options
    kae#0683 kae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any word on this?
  • Options
    thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User

I'd love to know if this is something that's going to be addressed soon, as I listed an pricey mount (apparatus of whatchamacallit) & a handful of troves of Elemental E, some greater refining marks too....prob a good 2 1/2 mil or more worth of diamonds

If all my bids are going to be low ended now or I lose my posting fee & take it down....then have to pay it twice....

That's pretty lame

I will tell you this, the same thing happened to a friend of mine months ago. His item for sale got one bid and then disappeared so no one else could bid. Unfortunately he set the starting bid WAY TOO LOW. So the item sold with no more competing bids. He contacted support who told him he would get his item back in 5 to 10 business days. Last I spoke to him, a few weeks ago, he had still never gotten his item back (a rank 10 enchant).
  • Options
    halofire#9678 halofire Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    About half of my consignment auctions are stuck as expired since yesterday. What a waste of AD and time. I'm finding too many bugs in this game on a daily basis to have a pleasant gaming experience.
  • Options
    scott#2057 scott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yea it looks like I lost about 40kAD because of this issue, should I submit a ticket for refund?
  • Options
    drewdaahole#7934 drewdaahole Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yeah that is the case it happened a few weeks ago as well but it never fixed it just cleared my ah window of expired i never got my items or ad back... so i assume im out another 1.5 mill in stuck auctions/bids...
  • Options
    Bump due to lack of response
  • Options
    halofire#9678 halofire Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Good thing this game is free, AH still bugged
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I went ahead & pulled all of my items for sale after I started getting items that had expired that I couldn't claim. They sit there expired, colored in red type & are unclaimable

Reposted the ones I could pull & have had a few sales since...seeing as how now the items show up to others on the auction house. What a waste of AD & (more importantly for me) time....arc should pull the posting fee; its waived anyway for a certain level of VIP & since their bugs are adversely effecting the auction house I believe it's the least the can do until they get things sorted so customers don't have to pay twice to list an item so its actually visible if an items auction house "stay" in the auction house exceeds the time frame when weekly routine maintenance occurs.

I've pulled & reposted all of my sales I could. I have little free time as-is & I'd rather be playing than making tickets...so I just ate the AD loss.

They keep up at this rate & I'll be playing something else until when/if they get their act/code together.

For now my advice is to not list an item for any longer than a few days & at specific time frames so it's either sold or returned to you for claim prior to every Tuesday when the routine maintenance that seems to cause as many issues as it fixes, occurs.
  • Options
    drewdaahole#7934 drewdaahole Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    An update on this issue would be nice @nitocris83 ... info on what to do when we dont get our stuff back because we already know you guys wont fix it properly