test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTA broken for low levels Please extend date and fi to compensate

vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
CTA on a low level alt is level 60 mobs. Mobs are not scaled and neither is your alt. You are whatever level you are unless oer level 60 fighting level 60 mobs. This means if you are level 19 you are getting one shotted all over the place and doing no damage. If you are over level 60 it scales you down to the proper level of 60. This is unfair and feels like a sloppy job as normally this type of thing does not happen on CTA.

Comments

• swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yep, it is broken. Just ran it 3 times at 23 level. I stayed 23 level (hp, et.al.) and was never scaled to 60, my 60+ partners all leveled down to 60. One shot wonder was my new name. This needs to be fixed as it is absolutely no fun to play this way. I have played many a CTA with characters much less than level 23 and have never witnessed something like this!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak @panderus

#notwhatanyonemeantbymakingCTAmorechallenging
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

@terramak @panderus

Agreed. I find it fairly disturbing that there doesn't seem to be any sort of acknowledgement of this. Sure, if you're under 60, you will likely be carried through by level 70s. But where's the fun in that? Isn't the whole point of the game to play it and ENJOY it? And what if a team full of sub-60s get an unlucky queue group and are all put together? It could very well be impossible for the players to finish it. What if a full group of sub-60 friends wanted to queue up for it. Again, depending on how underleveled, it could be IMPOSSIBLE to complete. All of my toons are level 70 and this leaves me scratching my head. Imagine how confused and upset a NEW player would be.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    teflons7 said:

@terramak @panderus

Agreed. I find it fairly disturbing that there doesn't seem to be any sort of acknowledgement of this. Sure, if you're under 60, you will likely be carried through by level 70s. But where's the fun in that? Isn't the whole point of the game to play it and ENJOY it? And what if a team full of sub-60s get an unlucky queue group and are all put together? It could very well be impossible for the players to finish it. What if a full group of sub-60 friends wanted to queue up for it. Again, depending on how underleveled, it could be IMPOSSIBLE to complete. All of my toons are level 70 and this leaves me scratching my head. Imagine how confused and upset a NEW player would be.
    That has happened to me 3 times so far.. No one level 60 or above. One time the highest level was someone 43 they dropped out and we got a level 70 cw otherwise we have to eat the time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I've actually seen a lot of unbolstered low-levels get killed repeatedly. Mostly due to the "got to get to the end fast" mentality of others.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • is this going to be the new WAY the CTA's are run then?
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Seems like a lot of silence from the powers that be on this problem.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    swapilot said:

^ That is exactly what they do, just ignore it and hope players keep buying lockbox-keys.

I have not seen a single word of acknowledging that there is a problem with the scaling in this CtA, even though any level 6 needs to be R-12 twinked not to get insta-killed by the first enemy they encounter...

But don't feel disheartened by the lack of bug-fixes and communication, just rejoice in the fact that they are hard at work on this issue:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225946/the-neverwinter-team-would-like-your-feedback
    edited December 2016

swapilot said:

^ That is exactly what they do, just ignore it and hope players keep buying lockbox-keys.

I have not seen a single word of acknowledging that there is a problem with the scaling in this CtA, even though any level 6 needs to be R-12 twinked not to get insta-killed by the first enemy they encounter...

But don't feel disheartened by the lack of bug-fixes and communication, just rejoice in the fact that they are hard at work on this issue:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225946/the-neverwinter-team-would-like-your-feedback
    Yes and not only the lack of bug fixes but the fact that they are coding over the top of bugs. I know one other game that did that. Released a ton of updates without worrying about fixing bugs and they game eventually became unplayable. They had to completely redesign the whole game. The thing is once you start coding over the top of bugs and bad code the bugs become part of the game and no way to actually get rid of the bugs without disassembling all the code that was wrote on top of the bugs. This is a damn near impossible task.

So the way I am seeing things with bugs that are year or better old after dones of expansions released over the top of them pretty soon this game will become a brick and I guess those lockboxes will mean everything to them then wont it?

Another game that has had the exact same bugs in it since it's initial release is LOTRO. While the bugs are not as bad there is bugs that have existed since beta that the mobs become unattackable and they cant attack you. This has been a bug since beta and people ended up giving up on a fix for it as now the bug is just part of the game and you learn to cope. This is what we have to do now with some of the bugs. They can not fix some of them because there is just too much code layered on top of them and they lack the manpower so now we must learn to cope. Like the unstopable bug among others.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    is the rewards on this random at the end or based on dps? did this on 3 toons and only got the dye pack each time.
  • lollelelelollelele Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    teflons7 said:

@terramak @panderus

I really don't find it fun at all. Almost every time I run it people are bee-lining to each area and acting like it's a race.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

is the rewards on this random at the end or based on dps? did this on 3 toons and only got the dye pack each time.

Generally it is random. The dye slot is pretty heavily weighted so that you do get dye.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    Title says it all.
    Auto-scaling has been missed out for lower levels who are getting one-shotted whilst doing zero damage themselves.

Tried it with different level characters from 10 upwards to 70. Something ain't right and it's basically time lost for lower levels.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    Is there any other action apart from merging with a thread that's had zero response?
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I know it's weekend and all but could someone official please respond?

I just had one of these and I thought it was just a glitch that my level 70 CW landed in a party of unscaled level 12-21. My CW is in no way op but for once I got to carry the team. Fun. (That was only partly sarcastic.) Took a while but we got there, but still this needs fixing.

@nitocris83 could you please pass this on?
    Post edited by ilithyn on
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • dillpickle#6245 dillpickle Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I just ran about 40-50 CTA's on my lvl 38 DC to get the Peg Leg. Sure I was doing no damage, but I focused on healing as much as possible (and not to pull agro) as well as buffing. Oh, I also made myself the honorary gold-picker-upper. :smile:
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

@terramak @panderus

think this goes back to the fix on exp in sh from killing mobs at lower levels congrats devs did a great job :smile:
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that is main problem, others just race to the end to get most dps.
    i tried to gather my drops fast i could, and new problems with bag inventories.
    ilithyn said:

I just had one of these and I thought it was just a glitch that my level 70 CW landed in a party of unscaled level 12-21. My CW is in no way op but for once I got to carry the team. Fun. (That was only partly sarcastic.) Took a while but we got there, but still this needs fixing.

Lol I think that was me haha. No joke had a CW run a group of us lowbies one time.
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Generally it is random. The dye slot is pretty heavily weighted so that you do get dye.
    If I'm remember correctly, you actually get the dye pack every time you run it. It would be the spot on the rewards list where the enchantments are generally listed that would have the 'chase' items (companion or mount as the case may be).
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    i cant see why they didnt add "advanced" CTA, and STO was successful with 2 copies, normal and elite zones.

for elite CTA, rewards are better and more attractive for hardcore players. then again, no AFKers allowed in elite zone, they get nothing when the CTA event boss are down just to claim the chest by doing nothing.

make the chest "unclickable", saying "You must participate in combat to be qualified to earn these rewards"

PLEASE change the drops of lesser enchant gems and move to chest, and stackable if any same drop occurs.
    wylonus said:

i cant see why they didnt add "advanced" CTA, and STO was successful with 2 copies, normal and elite zones.

for elite CTA, rewards are better and more attractive for hardcore players. then again, no AFKers allowed in elite zone, they get nothing when the CTA event boss are down just to claim the chest by doing nothing.

make the chest "unclickable", saying "You must participate in combat to be qualified to earn these rewards"

PLEASE change the drops of lesser enchant gems and move to chest, and stackable if any same drop occurs.

I'd go for a simpler solution, Cryptic:

1. Fix your auto-scaling.
    2. Extend the event to make up for your error affecting lower levels.

Item 1 may happen, although I wouldn't hold my breath. Item 2: yeah right.....
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2016

ilithyn said:

Lol I think that was me haha. No joke had a CW run a group of us lowbies one time.
    Could be. My CW is a sun elf by the name of Adrie if that rings a bell. Though I could imagine this scenario paying out more than once over the weekend, given how much run this queue have had by players of all levels.

Edit: And another run, this time on my pally. That was a horror. She just hit 70 last night, highest level otherwise was 46 >.< Fights took forever.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    On the bright side, I now know how to say "Help!" in seventeen languages...
    edited December 2016
    Well event is over no word from devs and lowbies got screwed. So looks like this thread did absolutely nothing. Just a waste of time. That makes me sad that they can't even take the time to respond or think about all the players who where screwed by this mistake.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I was out of office for medical/personal reasons on Friday so I wasn't able to respond sooner. I know the event is over but I'll be including this info in my community report for the team. I'll get back to you guys when I hear anything new.
    edited December 2016

I was out of office for medical/personal reasons on Friday so I wasn't able to respond sooner. I know the event is over but I'll be including this info in my community report for the team. I'll get back to you guys when I hear anything new.

Thanks a million yet it is still too late to really do anything about it the even is over. Honestly this is something they should have known about if they really play the game too. You would think they would see a lot of lowbies getting one shotted. I understand they may be busy I am as well. Yet I always find time to play.

I have played a LOT of mmorpg's even the first one to be coined an MMORPG Ultima Online back in 1999 on dial up (32k later in 2000 upgraded to 56k). I seen games come and I have seen games go. From what I have seen from experience my gut is telling me there is some big problems with dev team not picking up and fixing bugs in a timely manner due to maybe budgets or deadlines or both.

I have played this game since beta and have supported this this game gave both time and money and to me time is money. I have purchased all the founder packs and a few other packs. Yes I HAVE high level toons I could have used for this event I have 23 toons in total. Yet why? I wanted to play with my lowbies. I enjoy leveling I do not enjoy end game grind. I enjoy choosing how I want to level if I want to do PVP quest or other ques.

So what do we the players have to do to get this game back on track here? Can we actually prolong a xpax or two to get all the bugs actually taken care of? Can we get the dev to actually look at bug reports both in game and on the forums in a timely manner?

Perhaps the dev team could perhaps listen to some advice from a PC MMORPG player that has seen more than there fair share of MMORPG's. As I know most in the field are under 30 and anyone over 30 is considered an old timer. So take some advice from someone a bit older who has actually seen the rise and fall of empires.

We all know that the current model is not going to be sustainable as it has been. There is now way to many boons to grind out in a timely manner and reasonable for any casual. Yes you can buy the boons but still. Two more expansions any new player will not even bother at all as the task is daunting. Easy fixed by removing quest limits per day and increasing currency received to get through old campaigns.
    Post edited by vladious1977 on