test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An awesome story of an usual failed esva run

eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
It starts with making party. "LF AA DC*2 + 1OP/GF". Of course the dps are already there. The first phase those dps are rushing to mobs like the heroes they are, and die alone. Then the dc's are stuck in the ice. Of course we're all busy to rez those brave heroes that died and nobody pay attention to the poor DCs stuck in the ice. One might eventually die, after 3mn of run. Only one is left. Then comes the call of winter. Usually one of those brave heroes forget about hiding and die again. We're down to 8. The boss appears. Tadaaaa! Those brave heroes that can run very fast rush to the Boss because they wanna be there first again! Why letting the tank pull? that's nonsense... And then the red aoe EF under their feet start stacking under the boss. That's 40k dmg per tick. But hey, they dont care they have AA... Oh wait, one DC is dead already. Then a good IBS of the boss clear most of them because they're facetanking the boss like the champions they are. And since they're all walking on everfrost, they get one shot, and usually the OP with them. Because the poor tanks of the run were rooted at that time and couldnt pull the boss away. But well you cant know that if you never tanked this boss. Why moving away while red aoe are on them? Nonsense again! Then by chance the very last phase starts. With a wall of wind everywhere. Of course let's all rush to the boss so everybody is facetanking him in EF aoe again, and thats the last possibility of wipe. So why not? Never let the tank pull the boss, doh thats nonsense.

Then this kind of run fails, and the usual lithanie of "screw DCs, stupid tank" start. Heck yea, you all blame the DCs and tanks for your own mistake. That's total sense!
So when AA is gonna get fixed and all those persons will still miss their marks because its hard to get them and get a group when you're a dps, i cant wait to write another story.

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    +1 seems to be true for a lot of random runs^^^.
    u forgot to add that those dps players u described usualy suck when it comes to actually dealing dmg! xD
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    too much easy stuff on the path to the latest epic dungeon / skirm
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    +1
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    As a DC, +1.
    I've developed my own protocol: 2 trials only then I leave the instances.
    A better group is out there and ready to go.
    And I'm really waiting for the day AA is fixed, it will be funny: "lf 9 DCs...."

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Exactly same experience doing random runs in my case.
    Let's hope it is the phase of learning. I wish some of them would spend some time in a tutorial or watch those fights on YouTube.
    I tank that boss and get killed by running KV , because none of them avoids any aoe zone. A GF might cover >60% of incoming damage to the group but the moment he lifts that block for a second...
    There is a small playerbase to do those runs in epic version.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    KV, ye. Remember how that was before they fixed the DR bug of mod 6?
    It's the same deal with EF. My advice to you is to not use it in these runs. Ever. At least not until they fix this AA and AS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and people learn to dodge, and actually bother bringing the icy terrain thing away from the group.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

KV, ye. Remember how that was before they fixed the DR bug of mod 6?

It's the same deal with EF. My advice to you is to not use it in these runs. Ever. At least not until they fix this AA and AS HAMSTER, and people learn to dodge, and actually bother bringing the icy terrain thing away from the group.

Revive sickness + KV + shield talent seems to be the best option to get at least a success in those random groups for eSVA. I nearly don´t lift that block and cover huge ammounts of aoe.
    I think cryptic failed with their content, 90% of those dungeons are grind and do not need any kind of concept, now we got a dungeon that is nearly unplayable for a random group imo.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I watched the dps in the last few runs. Playing on my CW. I position myself behind the boss, to get the extra dmg from DH buff, but I get away, when I have the red arrow over my had, I even left to be save, when I was not sure, but I missed some, too. I would say on average 20-40% stop their rotation, to drop the AoE elsewhere.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but not one of the GWFs moved his char an inch, when he was effected. Maybe they think, that they can ignore it with CC immunity and temp HP, ignoring the fact, that they give other classes and the tank a hard time.

BTW I joined a run with 2 DCs, 2 GFs, my rene CW, another CW and the rest GWFs. It looked good on paper and the GWFs outdpsed the rest by far, but total dps/s was bad. While other groups I joined are done in 6-7 minutes, we were not able to kill him in 20 minutes. I inspected the group, the gear was good, maybe some had a PvP build, maybe the run lacked lantern buffs, thorn ward, wicked reminder, OPs auras etc. This is an example, why I am ok with GWFs having top dmg, bc they have nothing else.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited December 2016
    5GWF = lowbuff group
    I also would prefer some caster/range dps and buffs.
    But atm everyone seems to run GWF...
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @schietindebux
    Revive sickness? As in the guild boon?
    I usually run KV, GA, FR combo, except for FBI, because it's too difficult to see when a party member is about to get hit with something that will kill me if I drop the shield, at least during the mountain climb, and I will in general only use the shield when I have to. I used the "always shield up" gameplay method before, but pressing shift for that long tend to hurt my finger too much. In mod 6 it got so bad I had to stop playing my GF for up to a week at a time, just to let my finger heal up.

GF can't go to SVA yet, so idk, maybe I'll find a way to make that combo work in there.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

5GWF = lowbuff group

Fotm classes anyone? Remember past days when most people played CW?
    200_s.gif

5GWF = lowbuff group

Fotm classes anyone? Remember past days when most people played CW?
    Yes, but there was a reason, HV-set stacks. More CW equaled more debuffs. More GWFs= less buffs/ debuffs. Yes the set removed, bc it was to strong has been even stronger before. Imagine SVH runs with 30+ HV stacks.^^
    edited December 2016

@schietindebux

Revive sickness? As in the guild boon?

GF can't go to SVA yet, so idk, maybe I'll find a way to make that combo work in there.

Yes the guildboon, wich shortens the sickness down to one minute
    After one minute you can´t die.
    7 death in one eSVA, most of them due to lags and KV or bad gameplay, missing a block, but in the end I am still inside the dungeon and lot´s of my teammates... some runs would be lost otherwise I am sure, too less movement and to much aoe
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    SVA will kill Neverwinter, i make 10 runs with 4k players and can't end it!!!! What a hell, it's true. Minimun requier 2.8? realy? 28% frost resistence with what equipment, if we can only get 1boots? no one with that ilvl will end it. One hit kill all party? For what? Cryptic do you realy know what you are doing?
    And farm 40 dragon moults! 1 week playing HE! And then you need to tank's and 2 clerics.... ahahah, were are they, game don't have so many gf's and dc's online to make 10 or 20 party's.
    Then you need voninblod for your's armor, and get 300 for day in daily's!
    Black ice almost kill neverwinter, this mod will kill it forever....
    This is my last day's on neverwinter, i spent a lot of money on it, but it's time to go out....

SVA will kill Neverwinter, i make 10 runs with 4k players and can't end it!!!! What a hell, it's true. Minimun requier 2.8? realy? 28% frost resistence with what equipment, if we can only get 1boots? no one with that ilvl will end it. One hit kill all party? For what? Cryptic do you realy know what you are doing?
    And farm 40 dragon moults! 1 week playing HE! And then you need to tank's and 2 clerics.... ahahah, were are they, game don't have so many gf's and dc's online to make 10 or 20 party's.
    This is my last day's on neverwinter, i spent a lot of money on it, but it's time to go out....

4kIL is not 4k IL. Are they PVE or PVP players? If all your DPS is PvP specced, you are screwed. The trick is building the right group, not the group with the highest IL.

Buff/ debuff stacking is the way to go. GF, OP, 2 DCs, MOF rene CW, HR with thorn ward, TR using wicked reminder, TWO high DPS and as many lanterns of revelation as possible ACTIVE. This group, if the DPS are good, should be able to get it done on 5-6 minutes. Did I miss a relevant buff/ debuff (I excluded companions, bc no one will lvl up and equip an debuff companion, if he does not have one)?

An average group should be done in 7-10 minutes, if some of the right buff/ debuff is available.

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    asterotg said:

4kIL is not 4k IL. Are they PVE or PVP players? If all your DPS is PvP specced, you are screwed. The trick is building the right group, not the group with the highest IL.

Buff/ debuff stacking is the way to go. GF, OP, 2 DCs, MOF rene CW, HR with thorn ward, TR using wicked reminder, TWO high DPS and as many lanterns of revelation as possible ACTIVE. This group, if the DPS are good, should be able to get it done on 5-6 minutes. Did I miss a relevant buff/ debuff (I excluded companions, bc no one will lvl up and equip an debuff companion, if he does not have one)?

An average group should be done in 7-10 minutes, if some of the right buff/ debuff is available.

(I think you missed Longstrider's Shot, Duckonaplate, technically missed Ray of Emfeblement, and the DCs using EmpBtS and EmpFF, but, yes, I get the point).

Some teams I've run with have had PvP builds, and, even worse, one of the DCs using mitigation skills only. Unsurprisingly, it took the team 20 minutes.

-_-

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    asterotg said:

I watched the dps in the last few runs. Playing on my CW. I position myself behind the boss, to get the extra dmg from DH buff, but I get away, when I have the red arrow over my had, I even left to be save, when I was not sure, but I missed some, too. I would say on average 20-40% stop their rotation, to drop the AoE elsewhere.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but not one of the GWFs moved his char an inch, when he was effected. Maybe they think, that they can ignore it with CC immunity and temp HP, ignoring the fact, that they give other classes and the tank a hard time.

BTW I joined a run with 2 DCs, 2 GFs, my rene CW, another CW and the rest GWFs. It looked good on paper and the GWFs outdpsed the rest by far, but total dps/s was bad. While other groups I joined are done in 6-7 minutes, we were not able to kill him in 20 minutes. I inspected the group, the gear was good, maybe some had a PvP build, maybe the run lacked lantern buffs, thorn ward, wicked reminder, OPs auras etc. This is an example, why I am ok with GWFs having top dmg, bc they have nothing else.

if they scored top and the run was slow i will tell you and other reasons. YOU know if great weapon fighters get the unstopable bug they need to get damage. GOood luck with the pro aa spaming tactics;p
    ALSO sorry to say it if the run was slow and cw didnt score over the great weapon fighters then that cw if was dps needs to look his build again.
    ALSO a guardian tactician geting 0 damage cannot activate capstone? not much more ap for hard hitting dailies.

MY FAvorite svadbord moment : when boss ready to cast the winter fury and someone goes behind the clerics and prone them with the aoe. Guess what happens next : WHERE IS THE ANNOINTED ARMY!

P.S. CALL of the winter attack in svadbord is a joke comparing it to call of the winter in fbi. gf and op can mitigate it.
    SAME and for the other attack winter fury( which you could just stand on the runes but no the super aa tactics).
    rjc9000 said:

asterotg said:

(I think you missed Longstrider's Shot, Duckonaplate, technically missed Ray of Emfeblement, and the DCs using EmpBtS and EmpFF, but, yes, I get the point).

Some teams I've run with have had PvP builds, and, even worse, one of the DCs using mitigation skills only. Unsurprisingly, it took the team 20 minutes.

-_-
    Yes, I missed longstrider, I did not talk about MOF rene and DC buff/ debuff, bc they should have buff/ debuff build. I only use FF, if we are 2 DCs in our group. The BtS buff is stronger.

asterotg said:

if they scored top and the run was slow i will tell you and other reasons. YOU know if great weapon fighters get the unstopable bug they need to get damage. GOood luck with the pro aa spaming tactics;p
    ALSO sorry to say it if the run was slow and cw didnt score over the great weapon fighters then that cw if was dps needs to look his build again.
    ALSO a guardian tactician geting 0 damage cannot activate capstone? not much more ap for hard hitting dailies.

MY FAvorite svadbord moment : when boss ready to cast the winter fury and someone goes behind the clerics and prone them with the aoe. Guess what happens next : WHERE IS THE ANNOINTED ARMY!

P.S. CALL of the winter attack in svadbord is a joke comparing it to call of the winter in fbi. gf and op can mitigate it.
    SAME and for the other attack winter fury( which you could just stand on the runes but no the super aa tactics).
    Cant talk about the other CW, but I have a rene build, so no full dps here. I sometimes wonder, if I should go thraum, just to see what is what. Some do similar dps as my rene, some do twice the dps. Since thraum do decent dps rene build is found less and less.

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It is funny how everybody expects AA and buffs and debuffs build ONLY, with a hint of AP gain, and massive power buff... in any case :

Cleric is almost dead? No problem, go for the boss. Lets build that dmg.
    Cleric in ice. No problem. Run to the boss , someone else will deal with it.
    Red arrows on the cleric ? Run away from him, he can take it.
    Tank in ice . No problem, he can go out himself. Who needs him anyway.
    Taking aggro instead of tank ? No problem cleric will save us.
    Red on the ground ? No problem , cleric has AA.
    Heals needed, tank and dc are here for us.

Cleric dieded, WHAT KIND OF CLERIC IS THIS! We can not do it without a cleric!

I have a perfect solution :

1. Nerf buffs
    2. Nerf debuffs
    3. Nerf heals
    4. Heck just nerf it all until the mass scrolls of life are the only option
    5. ?
    6. Remove them from the tradebars and make them chars bound only.
    7. Profit

I would love to see people complaining about it then.
    I would not even mind my main char. 3.7 cleric going to the " never play it again " slot.
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Be a DC in Neverwinter is realy ungrateful role.. Thats for sure.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Once people realize this instance isn't about Paingiver, but SURVIVAL.. runs might go smoother and people might actually get the no death achievement. Pay attention to Permafrost (best way is to stay close together, NOT in front of the boss..). Pay attention to the ground. If you aren't a tank, you should move when you see it so that A) you dont get hit with 40k tick, and B) the other person realizes it might be them with the AoE. I always always always move out of aoe, even with ItC up to inspire others to move away as well.

Anyways. Less paingiver, more surviving.
    - behold, halflings.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Healing in MMOs: You're not a person!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    araneax said:

It is funny how everybody expects AA and buffs and debuffs build ONLY, with a hint of AP gain, and massive power buff... in any case :

Cleric is almost dead? No problem, go for the boss. Lets build that dmg.
    Cleric in ice. No problem. Run to the boss , someone else will deal with it.
    Red arrows on the cleric ? Run away from him, he can take it.
    Tank in ice . No problem, he can go out himself. Who needs him anyway.
    Taking aggro instead of tank ? No problem cleric will save us.
    Red on the ground ? No problem , cleric has AA.
    Heals needed, tank and dc are here for us.

Cleric dieded, WHAT KIND OF CLERIC IS THIS! We can not do it without a cleric!

I have a perfect solution :

1. Nerf buffs
    2. Nerf debuffs
    3. Nerf heals
    4. Heck just nerf it all until the mass scrolls of life are the only option
    5. ?
    6. Remove them from the tradebars and make them chars bound only.
    7. Profit

I would love to see people complaining about it then.
    I would not even mind my main char. 3.7 cleric going to the " never play it again " slot.

My main is my CW, but I have 5 other 3k+ Chars. GF and DC with R 12 bondings etc. Ppl complain, that I cant runs SWA with my DC, guess what they all play DDs.

In some PuG groups my DC or my GF are paingiver.

GF with conqueror/ tactican build. I did not lose aggro and deal decent dmg. Dont dare to complain, that DDs should move away, wait for you to pull etc. You are a bad GF, you dont play with KV and you dont move away from DDs... A big HAMSTER you to all this idiots. Where in all of the MMOs does the tank move, so the DDs can keep dealing dmg (ok, there are a few mechanics ('exploding' tank), but not here). Playing GF my ignore list grows in spades.

DC 3,5k. With cleric artifact, boons, AP mount, etc. He can cast 3 AAs in a row with a 5 sec delay to the next AA, but if anything goes wrong it is my fault. Tank dies, DC is HAMSTER. DD dies, DC is HAMSTER, not enough dmg, DC is HAMSTER. I read a post of a DC asking for 50k AD, to carry ppl in SWA. Thats not ok, too, but atm there is a need for good DCs and ppl still think, they can blame everything on DCs.

Healing in MMOs: You're not a person!

One of the best videos out there. Thanks Becky , made my night.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

So.....we got a new cry class with DCs now, cuzz you are listen to stupid ppl claiming its your fault that a dungeon cant be done? Interessting...

spideymt said:

So.....we got a new cry class with DCs now, cuzz you are listen to stupid ppl claiming its your fault that a dungeon cant be done? Interessting...

I really do not understand what exactly is the point of your comment.

Are DC's cry babies ?

You do not need them ?

People being HAMSTERs ?

What exactly are you trying to say ?

Please refer to my perfect solution.
    It is just purrfect. And " interessting " ;)

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    araneax said:

Are DC's cry babies ?

You do not need them ?

People being HAMSTERs ?

Whats so difficult about my sentence? I can read a lot of DCs ( you too..) comments here with claims about DCs/Tanks from other classes when a dungoen gets failed or it costs to much time.
    Who the heck cares about claiming dps classes? Im a GWF but its NOT!!!!!! me that makes huge dps, its NOT!!!!! me that makes me allonst immortal. Its all about buffs/debuffs/heals from other classes, espacially from DC. So why you get bothered from dumb and silly comments from skillless DPS classes?
    All im saying:We got enough DPS players in NW. So be nice to your DCs/Tanks,my DPS buddies. Most of the time its not their fault you die. Red zone isnt a critical heal zone! dont forget that.

spideymt said:

araneax said:

Are DC's cry babies ?

You do not need them ?

People being HAMSTERs ?

Whats so difficult about my sentence? I can read a lot of DCs ( you too..) comments here with claims about DCs/Tanks from other classes when a dungoen gets failed or it costs to much time.
    Who the heck cares about claiming dps classes? Im a GWF but its NOT!!!!!! me that makes huge dps, its NOT!!!!! me that makes me allonst immortal. Its all about buffs/debuffs/heals from other classes, espacially from DC. So why you get bothered from dumb and silly comments from skillless DPS classes?
    All im saying:We got enough DPS players in NW. So be nice to your DCs/Tanks,my DPS buddies. Most of the time its not their fault you die. Red zone isnt a critical heal zone! dont forget that.
    It is basically what we said as well . So you in general agree with what was said above. XD
    I still think my solution is amazing. =)

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Bring back the easy button! :) I don't have this content yet but it sounds fun.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies