test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loyal Master accessories

okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
Since Loyal Master companion accessories were only available through the gateway, and the gateway is now defunct, can we see a change to the Loyal Master items by taking off the 'bound' status?

Many of us have these items in the bank, because there is nothing you can do with them, if your current companions don't need them.

Because gateway is gone, unbound ones are selling From 500K AD and up into the millions. if you unbind them, then there will be a lot more available, prices will come down, and we can buy/sell them as we need, as well as freeing up some bank space.

If not at least make them salvageable.

Comments

• Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    If people wanna be BIS must have these items. If these items are expensive, they are going to be selling more zen for ad to get them.
    And Criptic profits more. Why should they unbound them?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    They'll be returning to be acquired in the game again in some as of yet unknown fashion. From the Q&A with Lead Producer Tomas Foss, aka @mimicking#6533 :
    Andy: Companion Gear...

Thomas: The Companion Gear and stuff, yeah?

Andy: And SCA, yeah.

Thomas: We are hoping to roll some of the Companion Gear back in. I know I want the Halfling, because my Great Weapon Fighter's a Halfling. I want the Halfling Companion! But, when it was designed, the designer that built it wasn't really in-line with Neverwinter, some of the stuff is really OP.

Andy: Yeah.

Thomas: It's really OP. It we bring it back in, we're going to tune it. Right, I'll be honest with ya, some nerfing will happen. Some tuning, but I wanna get that gear back in. We'll make it in-line for what it should be and still make it cool. I wanted, here's my dream... I actually to take Sword Coast Adventures, the game part of it, and roll it into Professions and that was my big pitch. Wrote a big pitch and idea for it. So, like you know, instead of going to do my profession thing, I can have my guys play the dungeon and speed up the time and have fun doing it in that mini-game. Unfortunately, because it was written for like bonuses and stuff, it was actually written for a different code script, it was written in java script... it doesn't port over. Much to my sadness. In order to do that, we'd have to rebuild the whole thing. Believe me, that was a black day for me. Because that was like, "Oh you know we're doing this.. BUT I've got this cool thing that we can..." Yeah, it didn't happen. But, all the critters and pets and stuff... we are doing them now, looking at what's cool with them. Some of the stuff, you guys have kind of outgrown, but I still think there's a lot of great ideas and pieces there and as we go through them and kind of, you know, make sure they're safe... *laughs* "User Safe," and are fun! Then, we'll get them back into the game.

Andy: And we'll make announcements about them too, on like forums and... OH FORUMS!
  • Options
    You miss the point. I OWN a few of these on each character I have. I already paid for them, and I will not buy them again, zen or no zen. But each time we want to use a new companion we get 2-3 useless ones, and have to buy more at great expense.

We should be able to use them across the account at least. But there is no reason they are bound, except to be a PITA.

They were expensive enough before they became orphaned.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    I hope they don't nerf them retrospectively.
    We frikkin payed to get THOSE stats! :(
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    okeephe said:

You miss the point. I OWN a few of these on each character I have. I already paid for them, and I will not buy them again, zen or no zen. But each time we want to use a new companion we get 2-3 useless ones, and have to buy more at great expense.

We should be able to use them across the account at least. But there is no reason they are bound, except to be a PITA.

They were expensive enough before they became orphaned.

Same situation. All the gear I need is on other toons because I assumed I could just buy it when I need it. Now that I need new gear to switch companions I'm looking at a 3 million AD price tag per toon just for gear. This really needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Exactly. As you get different companions, you need to change the accessories. You pay a fortune for them, and the old ones can only be discarded. Can't sell them, can't trade them, can't send them to an alt, can't salvage. Just toss a few million AD in the trash. Yet, the farmers that have lots of them, the ones that got the gateway shut down, are now making millions off of them, only because they have the last ones that are still sellable, i.e. never equipped.

By unbinding them, the gateway cheaters won't make nearly as much AD, and those of us with more than 1 character, could share them across our acct.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,238 Arc User
    Although I have never got a single piece of useful equipment/pet from gateway, I don't call them cheater. They play a legit game offered by NW.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    It was PWE that said they were shutting down the gateway due to cheaters. Normal people don't get enough good drops to be selling them in the AH long after the source dries up.
  • Options

Although I have never got a single piece of useful equipment/pet from gateway, I don't call them cheater. They play a legit game offered by NW.

There were people botting SCA in case you've been living under a rock.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,238 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    okeephe said:

It was PWE that said they were shutting down the gateway due to cheaters. Normal people don't get enough good drops to be selling them in the AH long after the source dries up.

They did not say they were cheating for what. They "claimed" there were bots and "unusual activities" in that long weekend. Frankly, I don't believe that was the reason why they shut gateway down, at least, not the real main reason. Those bots were mainly for profession. IMO, bots/cheater were just excuse for the planned move. IMO, the real reason is they wanted to get rid of gateway which was probably planned long time ago when they made Xbox game. That long weekend was in their "schedule".

Those who got the loyal gear regularly are probably different group of legit players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I still have a few pieces of Loyal gear unbound.

"But what if I need it?" is a terrible curse.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

okeephe said:

They did not say they were cheating for what. They "claimed" there were bots and "unusual activities". Frankly, I don't believe that was reason why they shut gateway down. Those bots were mainly for profession. IMO, bots/cheater were just excuse for the planned move. IMO, the real reason is they wanted to get rid of gateway which was probably planned long time ago when they made Xbox game.
    People have posted videos of working bots for SCA and said they were making about 1 million AD a day doing so.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I wanted to change companion (the Shadow Demon suicides at the second FBI boss and that really sucks) but actually gave up as I don't have 5kk to spend to buy Loyal gear.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Would be nice if the new companion gear, at least, was made account-bound. But it will be a cold day in the Nine Hells if they make the current Loyal gear retroactively account-bound. They always spin some BS story about not being able to do it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Bound equipment is a staple of mmos. I dont really understand why you guys act like this is a neverwinter thing.

Players of course want everything unbound or bta cause it sucks having to buy or grind things repeatedly. Cryptic wants everything btc, because it is in their best interest for players to have to spend more time..money..effort on getting things repeatedly. Who do you think is going to win?

More BoE stuff would be cool but the repeatable nature of this game makes almost evwrything tank in price after a week..so the days if making millions a day off dungeon runs probably wont happen soon.

Anyways....i expect the loyal gear to be put in lockboxes and the stats nerfed retroactively. We shall see but creativity in the current dev team isnt real high.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I would love to see them unbound at some point, because I have a bunch of loyal gear that I don't need anymore, and as stated, you can't do anything but sell them for a few copper. :(

For the record, I won tons of loyal gear. I played SCA every day, at least twice on each of my three characters. I was not a cheater, surprised to hear there were vids with people botting it, I wouldn't know how to do that anyway. But I had tons of loyal gear. I can't even count the number of sword knots and talismans I sold for 500 or 700 ad. That's why I equipped my unused companions with a lot of it. It wasn't even worth selling at the time.

Got my lightfoot thief - finally! - after about a year of grinding that top-tier dungeon. Right before the bonding stones and active companions became relevant. Sold him for 900k. A few months later they were going for millions. I am definitely not good at judging the market. :(
  • Options
    'Bound equipment is a staple of mmos. I dont really understand why you guys act like this is a neverwinter thing.'

No one has said this is a neverwinter thing, I hate it in other games as well, but you missed the point. They have changed the availability of the items making them unattainable on our alts, even though we already own them on other alts.

They are now million AD items, that we can only discard.