test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is no one running Fang Breaker

Comments

• Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    With the everlasting lack of the new old dungeons I'd love to run FBI, but even though I already unlocked it, I am far away from reaching the Everfrost Resistance Requirement, which humorously seems to be needless for the actual dungeon run. Another thing is, that I got "lucky" and acquired some new, better gear which I have to level up all the way to be at 3.1k again.

• Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    I have 3 toons above 3.1K, including a tank. I get asked to do FBI all the time. I still haven't unlocked it and don't care if I do. The voninblood farming is extremely tedious and annoying and I'd rather generate AD than farm voninblood. I miss the old T2's (Spellplague, Karrundax, PK) and no, the levelling dungeons are not the same. I have never progressed so slowly through a campaign before but the boons suck, the rewards suck, and the whole mod was very poorly planned imho.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    The people who unlocked it don't use the public queue, end of the story.
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

TY!!!! And the puggers are mind blown. :D
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

+1. For those who pugged it, it probably would be the last time they pugged FBI. Nobody wants to play over an hour knowingly it has very good chance it will fail without the right group, right skill and right cooperation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Finally ran it with an alliance group and a couple pickups, and it was actually pretty decent. Punishing for a GF running KV, but no wipes/cleared all the bosses first try. Loot was predictably HAMSTER, but will likely keep running it at least once per week, for the weekly quest and to pick up the rest of the restore gear, getting ready for the next xpac.

The new relic gear does require blood to empower, but after it's upgraded (vivified?) it will be BIS-ish without empowering, with an optional turbo mode if you feel like spending the voinsblood on it. It will be a mad grind to get it all and upgrade tho.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i wont farm gear i dont want to run a dungeon.
    they force me to choose between using a pve set or a pvp set, i chose the latter which has no everfrostcrapresist
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Personally, I don't run it because I don't want to endure the migraines the new campaign zones give me, I won't spend days sitting around fishing, and because I refuse to farm HAMSTER, in those migraine inducing zones, in order to make the new HAMSTER gear work. For those same reasons, I won't be running whatever comes next.
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    I found that wearing a pair of "computer" glasses, basically no-correction blue filter specs, helps a TON with the new zones, especially the first one. Had them laying around for marathon (work) computer sessions, but they work a treat on the hellish glare from the game too.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I think the question should be: Why to run it?

Did it few times, no reason to do it more.
  • Options
    melasiomelasio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    because it's a bug and it'll be removed shortly.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    No reward and silly requirements, I only run that dungeon for fun.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    RNG relic armor , you have to spend significant time to empower.. which is all garabe and constantly have told them we will not do this.. they even tried to justify it a few times.

Clearly they gated it in a manor, that forces zen sales to both get the gear and upkeep it, which is utter garbage. ITs a fun dungeon, that all it does is funnel you into the zen store, which makes me not want to run it at all..

New raid will be the same, more massive rng, removal of key peeking, will make you spend hundreds if not thousands of keys to get new weapons (lol.. lol...lol) never going to happen for me.

The more they try to force me into the zen store, the less willing I am to visit it.

No real value, just gambling addictors now.. no great account wide things to buy.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    I not sure if the devs understand what a grind it is to get 3.1k IL if you're a relatively new player, so a large part of the player base is cut off from running FBI even if they wanted to.

There's also no particular reason to focus on IL above 2.5k since more power progression comes from things that don't give any IL at all (companions, mounts, boons). In any case 2.5k is plenty to do all the other content comfortably with the exception of FBI.

I'd probably have made the effort if it was just the 28% everfrost resistance as the gate, but since I have 'only' 2.9k IL I've just mentally crossed it off the list of things to do.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I will never again be gated by a mod specific stat. I hated the empowerment for black ice and the content gating of Black Ice resistance. Hated it. It should be a choice by players to use this gear if they want more survivability. I should be able to get in to the dungeon and get my buns kicked, then decide to go for more resistance. With KR we put on gear and drank a BI resistance pot, got in, then swapped back to our regular gear. The same thing is happening with FBI.

I will not do FBI, I gave gearing up a shot but once I realized I farmed HEs for 10hrs and got no boots to drop and 3 lanolin i stopped. Instead im just working on running my DF set through black ice forging and waiting for the devs to do what they did with IWD and kill black ice resistance and empowerment.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yikes! feel forced funneled into zen market in order to complate that quest? Silver. you are not alone, i feel that way too.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I did FBI 4 or 5 times, but my friends did run it a lot, until they had their sets.

Option 1: BIS gear and member of one of the 'better' channels. Custom made not regarding IL, but skill. 15-30 min pro run.
    Option 2: BIS gear, but not in the 'elite' circles. You run with 3 or 4k channel ppl and build a FL with capable ppl. 30-45 min pro run.
    Option 3: BIS to 3.5 kish running with everyone who thinks he can. 45 minutes to fail.
    Option 4 3.1k-BIS running PuG, good luck. I saw ppl running FBI for 4 hours changing party members until just one or two of the former party were in the group, when the boss died.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    wylonus said:

yikes! feel forced funneled into zen market in order to complate that quest? Silver. you are not alone, i feel that way too.

oh you can get in without doing any zen purchases.. but to actually get the gear and empower it and get all the HAMSTER for relics and junk.. the answer is really no, you basically have to buy zen HAMSTER to empower it and keep it empowered, or spend every moment in game getting vblood.. since its massive RNG anyways and you have to buy keys like monkey drinking sailors.. there is little point of doing FBI outside of a few times for fun.

This I will not do, I will not reward them for making overaly grindy boring concepts.. I will not purchase zen HAMSTER to do that. If this is the best they can offer to make money, then they are doing it really.. really ..... really wrong.

I buy stuff when I see value, plain and simple, no value to me = no money.

• Options
    asterotg said:

I did FBI 4 or 5 times, but my friends did run it a lot, until they had their sets.

Option 1: BIS gear and member of one of the 'better' channels. Custom made not regarding IL, but skill. 15-30 min pro run.
    Option 2: BIS gear, but not in the 'elite' circles. You run with 3 or 4k channel ppl and build a FL with capable ppl. 30-45 min pro run.
    Option 3: BIS to 3.5 kish running with everyone who thinks he can. 45 minutes to fail.
    Option 4 3.1k-BIS running PuG, good luck. I saw ppl running FBI for 4 hours changing party members until just one or two of the former party were in the group, when the boss died.

Not my experience, I pug with my warlock and GF. Till now there was only one run out of about 25 that did not work since the OP was onehittet from the start. No run was far > 60min. And GS is from minor importance.
    Important is:
    1.the rank of bondings and
    2.if your companion is in range of your DC´s powerbuff (AA)-150k power rebuff and
    3. your groupcomposition - no buff group = slow, so GF-DC-buffer CW is the way to go
    4. your build

...as we all know
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    4100 gear score tr, not running fang breaker. Why? I don't care to get such a high ever frost resistance nor do I care to collect so much voninblod. At most I will do my daily quests in the new zone... look for an he group for a few minutes then try 2 or 3 rounds of pvp and log off.

The games lost its life to me. We told them we don't like certain stuff yet they keep giving us that certain stuff.

Would have been better if relic items were given as a campaign reward for completing 50 he's or something. And relic weapons were given by completing 100 he's or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    That's because the content is meh, it's gated behind a gear requirement that sucks, the campaign is tedious and has mediocre boons.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Fangbraker is fun, it really is, but the rewards for the effort do not make it worth the pain. You get a CHANCE to get a piece of armour that you first need to restore (25-50 lanolin per item) and then have to constantly feed for what is only a minor change in your overall stats.

I've run it a few dozen times now across both my main toons, and i've had 2 pieces of relic armor from the effort and 4 purple rings. Thats it. I would like to get the armour for my TR at least, but when i noticed the breast piece I acquired needs 50 lanolin, well.... lets say thats going to take a while unless I want to spend alot of AD.

So, as dungeons go, it takes a while, often fails if you have the wrong party makeup, and the end result is a small chance at something that you have to then grind further to restore and then grind indefinitely for voninblod to keep it fed.

In the meantime, you could run CN 4+ times easily and get the chance at an item worth 4million AD and buy a few pieces of the umbral set... or better yet, wait a few months until they release some more better armour.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

Not my experience, I pug with my warlock and GF. Till now there was only one run out of about 25 that did not work since the OP was onehittet from the start. No run was far > 60min. And GS is from minor importance.
    Important is:
    1.the rank of bondings and
    2.if your companion is in range of your DC´s powerbuff (AA)-150k power rebuff and
    3. your groupcomposition - no buff group = slow, so GF-DC-buffer CW is the way to go
    4. your build

...as we all know
    While I ignore FBI and run just premade, if friends ask for another player, 4 ppl in our TS did farm FBI. 3 of them BIS or near BIS one 3.5k ish, but SW with dread legion set. Longest run 3 1/2 hours and some abandoned instances.

You could think, that they are bad players, they are not. With the right group, they run FBI under 30 minutes.

You seem to have luck with the ppl you run with.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Because every player who's powerful enough to run it without overwhelming difficult is also smart enough to see that the rewards are not worth the time invested. And now they want to take away our option to decline garbage loot.
  • Options
    In the end mod 10 failed severely in my eyes, never recognized such a drop off like in mod 6.
    Noone pays a dime atm, noone runs FBI, noone gives a hamster on Voninblood or likes to farm it. The request for Zen is abnormous, AD-Zen exchange is down, prices in AH are rising significant. I would call it a recession and that´s due to a concept cryptic throw in (again) everybody rejects. They do not learn, sadly.
  • Options
    dravendrow76dravendrow76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I haven't run it because there isn't any reason for me to do it. I don't need anything from the dungeon.

Think i´ll try it one day later when requirements (28%)are taken away.
    Don´t like it to be forced to buy equipment for getting equipment i dont like either.

Remember IWD !!!!!