Options

Server Problems and losing VIP Keys

2»

Comments

• Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zebular said:

I agree with those who say that some sort of compensation is in order. The server is down AGAIN for me today. This is now the 3rd day this week alone of issues. Regardless of the amount, real money spent is real money.

I do believe us, that have payed for VIP, should be compensated for what we lost out in. Every MMO I've every played on has compensated its players for any inconveniences outages have caused, Perfect World included.

I've been playing PWI since 2008, and can not count the number of times Perfect World has compensated us.

So how about continuing that track record with this title as well?

Th

I do believe us, that have payed for VIP, should be compensated for what we lost out in. Every MMO I've every played on has compensated its players for any inconveniences outages have caused, Perfect World included.

I've been playing PWI since 2008, and can not count the number of times Perfect World has compensated us.

Let's break it down a bit for those who are complaining about missing keys.

1) A enchanted key cost $1.25 or 125 zen. 30 of these keys will cost over $30 or 3,000+ zen.
    2) Monthly membership is $10

If you only get 8 keys a month you have paid for your membership and this does not include other perks.

So I'm sure most complaining here about the key lost for enchanted have already collected 8 keys if not more this month.

I see no issue with missing even a week worth of keys due to this very fact.

You might feel that PWE is obligated to you since you are a paying member, but from a business stand point the company is offering us a great deal for $10 a month to get 30 enchanted keys and many other benefits if we log on daily. Even only logging in 8x a month you get your $10 worth in just enchanted keys.

Now if you were locked out for a month and could not access the game due to PWE/Cryptic than I see a perfectly and logical reason to complain about not getting your money's worth.
    ravenskya said:

@kreatyve The reality it doesn't actually COST them anything to give VIP people the missing keys. There really aren't any manufacturing costs involved, it's not a physical product and if they don't want to take the time to sort it out, giving all PS4 VIP's 2 keys should be a simple solution to the outages (whether or not they were cryptic's fault) and adding to player satisfaction/feeling like they are loved and appreciated.

Hopefully they read your post and do something to appease the players that feel that they are negatively impacted by the recent events. Though a company managing a global game across three platforms may have a delay if they will do something.

Personally I was not impacted and I play the game at various times. If I lost a key, which will happen to me over this weekend, I am not going to fuss about it or complain as I realize that I already have received more than my $10 worth of enchanted keys this month from my membership.

Let's break it down a bit for those who are complaining about missing keys.

1) A enchanted key cost $1.25 or 125 zen. 30 of these keys will cost over $30 or 3,000+ zen.
    2) Monthly membership is $10

If you only get 8 keys a month you have paid for your membership and this does not include other perks.

So I'm sure most complaining here about the key lost for enchanted have already collected 8 keys if not more this month.

I see no issue with missing even a week worth of keys due to this very fact.

You might feel that PWE is obligated to you since you are a paying member, but from a business stand point the company is offering us a great deal for $10 a month to get 30 enchanted keys and many other benefits if we log on daily. Even only logging in 8x a month you get your $10 worth in just enchanted keys.

Now if you were locked out for a month and could not access the game due to PWE/Cryptic than I see a perfectly and logical reason to complain about not getting your money's worth.
    ravenskya said:

@kreatyve The reality it doesn't actually COST them anything to give VIP people the missing keys. There really aren't any manufacturing costs involved, it's not a physical product and if they don't want to take the time to sort it out, giving all PS4 VIP's 2 keys should be a simple solution to the outages (whether or not they were cryptic's fault) and adding to player satisfaction/feeling like they are loved and appreciated.

Hopefully they read your post and do something to appease the players that feel that they are negatively impacted by the recent events. Though a company managing a global game across three platforms may have a delay if they will do something.

Personally I was not impacted and I play the game at various times. If I lost a key, which will happen to me over this weekend, I am not going to fuss about it or complain as I realize that I already have received more than my $10 worth of enchanted keys this month from my membership.
    This is a poor argument. I don't feel like going in to great detail, but there are some logical missteps here. Your adjusted price for keys is meaningless. It doesn't matter how much VIP keys cost in relation to regular keys. What matters is what was promised to VIP users, and if it was delivered. Is that how you would run a business? "Well, we're giving them a good deal, so HAMSTER it!" I hope not.
    This.

If the game is down for you right now, it is not because of the game, it is because of the major DDoS attack happening on a major DNS server affecting most of the Eastern United States and any traffic going through its network. Basically, what you're saying is that because of criminal activity, we should be compensated.
    I received my key (and don't care much either way) so I'm just going to be the annoying devil's advocate for a moment. If you paid a tuna man for 30 cans of tuna a month, one per day, you'd expect 30 cans of tuna. If, for some reason, the tuna truck was targeted by thugs seeking to feed their house cats, and you missed a day of tuna, you would definitely not be out of line in asking...not for compensation, but for the promised product. Where is my 30th can of tuna!?

Obviously this becomes more extreme if it was a life saving pill. Here, we are dealing with digital keys, which is more difficult because it is impossible to determine who received the promised product or not, and was if it was because of the outages. I imagine a small, 1 sentence explanation of the situation at the top of a forum will be compensation enough for most people, and, as always, there will be people who feel they deserve more. I see nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    leiares#8894 leiares Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I received my key (and don't care much either way) so I'm just going to be the annoying devil's advocate for a moment. If you paid a tuna man for 30 cans of tuna a month, one per day, you'd expect 30 cans of tuna. If, for some reason, the tuna truck was targeted by thugs seeking to feed their house cats, and you missed a day of tuna, you would definitely not be out of line in asking...not for compensation, but for the promised product. Where is my 30th can of tuna!?

Obviously this becomes more extreme if it was a life saving pill. Here, we are dealing with digital keys, which is more difficult because it is impossible to determine who received the promised product or not, and was if it was because of the outages. I imagine a small, 1 sentence explanation of the situation at the top of a forum will be compensation enough for most people, and, as always, there will be people who feel they deserve more. I see nothing wrong with that.

I'm with you man and also I want to say that, digital keys or not this is their business, and would be nice for them to take this serious, beeing nice with your costumers is all I ask, besides people.. nobody is going to die in Cryptics Studio for giving us 2 keys for godsake...lol "oh myy godd the DOW JONES is -%10 because I gave them Enchanted keysss!!" LOL

• Options

I'm with you man and also I want to say that, digital keys or not this is their business, and would be nice for them to take this serious, beeing nice with your costumers is all I ask, besides people.. nobody is going to die in Cryptics Studio for giving us 2 keys for godsake...lol "oh myy godd the DOW JONES is -%10 because I gave them Enchanted keysss!!" LOL

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

If the game is down for you right now, it is not because of the game, it is because of the major DDoS attack happening on a major DNS server affecting most of the Eastern United States and any traffic going through its network. Basically, what you're saying is that because of criminal activity, we should be compensated.

Perhaps a DDOS is not Cryptic's fault. However,their broken patch caused a whole day's outage for a very large number of PS4 players on Tuesday, their "fix" caused PS4 players most of Wednesday, and the tons of new bugs added with Storm King IS their fault.

Regardless, my overarching point is not so much about the money as it is that they should WANT to compensate their player base, even minimally whether they are F2P or paid. Goodwill goes a long way.

So far, all players have seen from Cryptic is silence or pointing fingers at everybody but themselves, in every case.

Actually - the trouble with the patch was Sony's fault, not Cryptic/PWE's fault. The 7 hour downtime was announced in advance, and they generally do not compensate for pre-announced downtimes, especially if it's less than 24 hours of downtime.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sicklordsolarsicklordsolar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    null
    Sheep mentality
  • Options
    bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Alright so instead of compensation of at least one measly key let's just point fingers. Pretty sad actually. I've played tons of games that will at the very least compensate for unforeseen downtime/ problems , and most of those games will even throw in a bonus whether its something useful or not. It's the gesture that counts.
  • Options
    tragedy414#5517 tragedy414 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Something caused YOUR players not to be able to play.. And instead of being sympathetic to the majority of the community, it turns into a "not our fault" mentality. Instead of "We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by (insert scapegoat here)" it is a "We could care less about what happened since it's not OUR fault"... Gotta love it.
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Something caused YOUR players not to be able to play.. And instead of being sympathetic to the majority of the community, it turns into a "not our fault" mentality. Instead of "We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by (insert scapegoat here)" it is a "We could care less about what happened since it's not OUR fault"... Gotta love it.

Hey, at least this time, it wasn't "cuz bots"
  • Options
    fyssmbdfu#8881 fyssmbdfu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Heads up if you type <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in any chat youll be immediately banned,

<font color="orange">Mod Note: Don't name ToS/EULA violating sites here please. Doing so will result in banishment here as well. Thanks.</font>
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    greybush#8206 greybush Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null

An entitled few is not the majority of the community. Patch was on PSN, server maintenance is common and cyber attacks are unfortunate. An answer was given even if you didn't like it. Probably time to move on to your next righteous cause.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Heads up if you type HAMSTER in any chat youll be immediately banned,

Mod Note: Don't name ToS/EULA violating sites here please. Doing so will result in banishment here as well. Thanks.

Yup.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    Sadly didnt happen.. I want to thank all the people that supported this post, and Im really happy to see how many people freaked out when I post this and start to beeing so defensive and so.. functional to his bosses or his company.

I tough the only who has believers was JB but.. I'm starting to see a Legion of Neverlievers LOL.

Cheers!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Logically I see no issue.

For those that feel they deserve something let me tell you about an experience I had with another MMO game and outage.

I was paying $15 a month for a membership.

Around early June I lost access to the game and that continued until late July. I was not alone in this as the company forgot to pay for its internet website that provided access to players. All players on the game including PC lost access. The issue was resolved for a good portion of the player base within 3 weeks. Other players like myself were without access for 6 weeks.

The company provided its player base $2.50 item no matter how long you did not have access, even players who were without access for over a month. I lost over a month worth of my membership payment and only got back $2.5. This same company also had issues whenever they released content causing most players to lose 1 day of gaming. This company gave nothing out during those times.

Personally so far PW and NW has been a much better experience for me as a paying customer.

• Options
    gbcrosson#5223 gbcrosson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Don't see what the big deal is for them to just give you your keys anyway whether you log in that day or not. Miss a day and you have 2 enchanted key bags to open next time. I travel a lot so more than likely will not do the VIP anymore just because I lost out on 5 days last month due to being out of the country on business. If I pay for 30 days give me 30 keys.
  • Options
    bcbudz#8834 bcbudz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I paid for VIP 12 guaranteeing one free key daily for 365 days meaning to date I am missing multiple keys which could be construed as false advertising if they are not provided.

Does that not clarify what the OP is saying?

Hello Games is under investigation for No Man's Sky and false advertisement to take people's money.

Arc might want to think about that. Myself and others have thousands spent in this game where our characters were nerfed, or items and keys missing. No man's sky was 70 bucks. NW has been 3200.

Not looking good on PSN platform for future games Arc. Millions got refunds from Sony over NMS. Is NW next due to all the BS?
  • Options
    Bcbudz.. I'm with u in all the points of view that you exposed.. and actually Im getting tired about the policy of this company, called Arc.

Today I have 380000 astral..just buy 5 items for less than 40ad. When I see my AD I had only 198000.

Arc incentive us to work hard to get stuff and becomes better but..when a thing like this happens to us..and no one is going to help u to recover your stuff.. u just want to throw it all away.

I filled a ticket in costumes service..hope they listen to me and check what happend with my ads.
  • Options
    dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I paid for VIP 12 guaranteeing one free key daily for 365 days meaning to date I am missing multiple keys which could be construed as false advertising if they are not provided.

Does that not clarify what the OP is saying?

Hello Games is under investigation for No Man's Sky and false advertisement to take people's money.

Arc might want to think about that. Myself and others have thousands spent in this game where our characters were nerfed, or items and keys missing. No man's sky was 70 bucks. NW has been 3200.

Not looking good on PSN platform for future games Arc. Millions got refunds from Sony over NMS. Is NW next due to all the BS?

Personally I would never spend that kinda money into one game that I don't get to own a thing in the end. Just saying. It's their IP. Your gear doesn't belong to you fyi. Closure of MAA really taught a lot of people of many things many of whom woke up.

• Options
    Lol, how is it against TOS to balance a game?
    Name a game of the mmo genre that doesn't do it.
    Go on, I'll wait...
  • Options
    kysier#5168 kysier Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Agreed with quite a bit I see here. I've lost 2 keys so far, but I havnt even complained, because I know for FACT arc will not compensate.

Just like a brilliant diamond I lost 2 weeks ago. I bid on it, won, but neither my money OR the diamond appeared in mailbox. I lost over 200,000 AD, and what was arcs response? They basically tell me to bugger off.

(they claimed there was no evidence it happened, which is BS because i offered screenshots n video proving it happened).

ARC doesn't care about it's customers, they only care about squeezing as much $ as they can from us. (just look at them removing plvling so ppl will pay for those lvl 70 boosts. $50 boosts i might add.)

If there was a better alternative to NVW on ps4, id dump this game in a heartbeat. I just hope PSN kicks em in HAMSTER some, so they'll stop ripping off players.
  • Options
    bcbudz#8834 bcbudz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    How is it balanced when a TR and GWF do 109 mill, and 89 mill perspectively , and a SW now does 31 mill best build possible in CN? I used to do 139 mill. That's over 100 mill loss in DPS.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2016

"If the game is down for you right now, it is not because of the game, it is because of the major DDoS attack happening on a major DNS server affecting most of the Eastern United States and any traffic going through its network. Basically, what you're saying is that because of criminal activity, we should be compensated."

@zebular
    Dude ? Really ?
    No matter whose fault it is, it wouldn't cost cryptic a dime to check and give the keys to those who where affected by the outage.
    What kind of an excuse is that ?

Let me give you a parallel example of what had happened to my internet connection and how my ISP responded, and it COST THEM MONEY...but they did it whatsoever.

Last year, my ISP's Data center (to which our area is connected) was hit by lightning and was fried to cinders.

I called my ISP to check what had happened, they told me and added that "there will be a subtraction from the next bill due to lack of providing you with an internet service for the number of days you will be offline"

They didn't tell me "hey, it was lightning, not our fault you won't have internet for X number of days, so you'll pay the full bill anyway"
    They reimbursed a full 13 days of no service on my next bill.

What you are saying / implying ...is quite frankly very disappointing.

Hails to all o' y'all PS4 players from the PC world.
    You should check what's going on there for future changes to come and compensation you won't receive
    it's like Transformers, there's more than meets the eye
    Post edited by lowendus on
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zebular said:

Reason why I stop going for VIPs.

Valkyrie Crusade compensates players all the time when something happens.

It's a good business strategy to use this opportunity to retain paying players. Not another problem to give it to devs.

But from what I see, the management are really trying hard to ease dev's workload. From the gateway compensation compared to this.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

zebular said:

Reason why I stop going for VIPs.

Valkyrie Crusade compensates players all the time when something happens.

It's a good business strategy to use this opportunity to retain paying players. Not another problem to give it to devs.

But from what I see, the management are really trying hard to ease dev's workload. From the gateway compensation compared to this.
    The sole reason for not giving another dime:
    They can and will double back or devalue any service, gear, item you have payed real $$ for at any given time, to send you back to the ZEN store again.
  • Options
    killybamp#8011 killybamp Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Specifically bought VIP for the daily keys, lost 2 days worth due to the outage. Very simple thing for Arc to replace those keys to customers who lost out. Their decision not to replace them has lead me to decide to continue to play, but not spend a single penny more on the game.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if my schedule has been kind, but I've been vip for a good three months, or nearly so, now, and I've yet to not be able to get a key.
    At no point, for me, as it been down for more than 24 hours.