test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Problems and losing VIP Keys

leiares#8894 leiares Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Hi everyone! I have an important question, I want to know what happens with the daily keys of the VIP users that yesterday we could not claim, as I and many others had to remove and reinstall the game again due to errors in the update and patches.

Thanks!
Post edited by leiares#8894 on

Comments

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Most likely they are gone.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    There is nothing that can be done? I think this pretty bad that we buy the vip for those keys that were given to us every day, and we have to lose the right we earn because the constant upgrades or errors in these days. Is very bad.
  • Options
    perfectstorm4perfectstorm4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    Yeah that whole 33 cents for that key will kill ya
  • Options
    I don't know that we who lost keys won't be compensated, but I assume that we won't get those keys back just based off of what I've seen happening around me. Perhaps a mod will hop in to set us all straight on the matter.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options

null

Yeah that whole 33 cents for that key will kill ya

I was expecting someone like you, I wasnt even rude about my maners to talk about my problem for you to being so disrespectful.

And I just wanted to show this problem and because do not know if today I will not be able log in and if tomorrow also was going to pass the same, and beyond that..to have 30 keys per month is what I chose to get with the VIP, no more, no less, I'm not asking you to gift me nothing so your attitude seems very unwise.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

I don't know that we who lost keys won't be compensated, but I assume that we won't get those keys back just based off of what I've seen happening around me. Perhaps a mod will hop in to set us all straight on the matter.

Yes you're right a Mod will be very helpfull about this matter.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I didn't lose anything so I don't know how others have lost keys.
  • Options
    Theres people in the world that the maintenance and the re-intall of this game happens during the day no in the middle of the night when people in this part of the world sleeps, so a lot of friends lost his enchanted keys, for explample a Mexican Friend that has a service of internet of 2m of dowload had to wait almost day and a half to play again because of the re install.

Of corse I get it that nothing is going to happen to help us, so moving on....
  • Options
    bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I also missed a day of professions pack, I mean enchanted key due to the server issues and and having to work. Not too concerned about it though. A freebie would be nice but would be happier if I could just play without issues.
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    That 1 key would have gotten me a legendary mount pack which I would have sold to take my char past il4000, oh wait...
  • Options
    Well considering that we have been dealing with 2 or more days of problems..as VIP users would be a nice idea to have a compensation..
  • Options
    damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Hi everyone! I have an important question, I want to know what happens with the daily keys of the VIP users that yesterday we could not claim, as I and many others had to remove and reinstall the game again due to errors in the update and patches.

Thanks!

FRIGGIN DITTO!!!!!!!! EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID..

You guys going to reimburse us for the 2 keys or so that we could NOT claim??? Some people have to work during the day come home take shower make dinner feed kids help with homework then once the kids are asleep it's game on..

But i also had to DELETE and reinstall 2 times and still didn't work 1st VIP KEY LOST.. then BEHOLD patch 2.01 later the next evening.. got key on the 19th.. then BEHOLD Servers go down right as i select my char , today being the 20th of OCT, AND....2nd VIP KEY LOST...

Being VIP members you should at least reimburse us for what we pay for.. IF it was our mistake for not logging on fine.. our loss but it shouldn't be OUR loss for NOT being able to log on due to server issue's and/or failed updates and VIP members not able to log on.

my 2 cents for my Rant and Paid for..
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Honestly, wouldn't count on it.
    I'd expect it to be a several day event, with which a much larger outcry would be generated, before anything would be done.

Especially, as officially, the whole having to delete and reinstall bit was sonys fault, not cryptic.
  • Options
    ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User

I'd expect it to be a several day event, with which a much larger outcry would be generated, before anything would be done.

Especially, as officially, the whole having to delete and reinstall bit was sonys fault, not cryptic.

I disagree, if Cryptic had Vetted their patch better we wouldn't be having this conversation. Seems to be a lost art now a days, just throw out a patch and see if it sticks mentality, if it doesn't blame someone else.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This most recent outage was not just Neverwinter. From what I can see, it was PSN - or even something bigger. DownDetector.com's home site shows a massive spike in a whole bunch of outages on a lot of different sites. I've never seen anything like it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    @kreatyve The reality it doesn't actually COST them anything to give VIP people the missing keys. There really aren't any manufacturing costs involved, it's not a physical product and if they don't want to take the time to sort it out, giving all PS4 VIP's 2 keys should be a simple solution to the outages (whether or not they were cryptic's fault) and adding to player satisfaction/feeling like they are loved and appreciated.

• Options
    I'd expect it to be a several day event, with which a much larger outcry would be generated, before
    ulthgrim said:

I disagree, if Cryptic had Vetted their patch better we wouldn't be having this conversation. Seems to be a lost art now a days, just throw out a patch and see if it sticks mentality, if it doesn't blame someone else.
    Patches nothing.
    Companies are doing that with whole games today.
    Skyrim and BF4 being glaring examples.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

@kreatyve The reality it doesn't actually COST them anything to give VIP people the missing keys. There really aren't any manufacturing costs involved, it's not a physical product and if they don't want to take the time to sort it out, giving all PS4 VIP's 2 keys should be a simple solution to the outages (whether or not they were cryptic's fault) and adding to player satisfaction/feeling like they are loved and appreciated.

Yeah, it wasn't sites specifically, but the actual server farms that were hit that companies like Sony and Twitter rent from.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This morning's outage was due to a major DNS provider (Dyn) getting hit by a cyberattack. Very large companies were affected by this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    jibmj#8561 jibmj Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I checked the reward vendor this morning and got s treasure trove. Sadly it wasn't there for my other toons. Got some nice enchants, refine gem and stronghold currency. You should go check the rewards claim vendor. I'm curious if this was something I got from a quest or did everyone else get one too?
  • Options
    kbittner78kbittner78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I checked the reward vendor this morning and got s treasure trove. Sadly it wasn't there for my other toons. Got some nice enchants, refine gem and stronghold currency. You should go check the rewards claim vendor. I'm curious if this was something I got from a quest or did everyone else get one too?

Everyone got it with the mod 10 release.

• Options
    jibmj#8561 jibmj Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Dang, alright. Thanks.
  • Options
    kbittner78kbittner78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I do believe us, that have payed for VIP, should be compensated for what we lost out in. Every MMO I've every played on has compensated its players for any inconveniences outages have caused, Perfect World included.

I've been playing PWI since 2008, and can not count the number of times Perfect World has compensated us.

So how about continuing that track record with this title as well?
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I do believe us, that have payed for VIP, should be compensated for what we lost out in. Every MMO I've every played on has compensated its players for any inconveniences outages have caused, Perfect World included.

I've been playing PWI since 2008, and can not count the number of times Perfect World has compensated us.

Let's break it down a bit for those who are complaining about missing keys.

1) A enchanted key cost $1.25 or 125 zen. 30 of these keys will cost over $30 or 3,000+ zen.
    2) Monthly membership is $10

If you only get 8 keys a month you have paid for your membership and this does not include other perks.

So I'm sure most complaining here about the key lost for enchanted have already collected 8 keys if not more this month.

I see no issue with missing even a week worth of keys due to this very fact.

You might feel that PWE is obligated to you since you are a paying member, but from a business stand point the company is offering us a great deal for $10 a month to get 30 enchanted keys and many other benefits if we log on daily. Even only logging in 8x a month you get your $10 worth in just enchanted keys.

Now if you were locked out for a month and could not access the game due to PWE/Cryptic than I see a perfectly and logical reason to complain about not getting your money's worth.
    ravenskya said:

Hopefully they read your post and do something to appease the players that feel that they are negatively impacted by the recent events. Though a company managing a global game across three platforms may have a delay if they will do something.

Personally I was not impacted and I play the game at various times. If I lost a key, which will happen to me over this weekend, I am not going to fuss about it or complain as I realize that I already have received more than my $10 worth of enchanted keys this month from my membership.
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2016

1) A enchanted key cost $1.25 or 125 zen. 30 of these keys will cost over $30 or 3,000+ zen.

If you only get 8 keys a month you have paid for your membership and this does not include other perks.

So I'm sure most complaining here about the key lost for enchanted have already collected 8 keys if not more this month.

You might feel that PWE is obligated to you since you are a paying member, but from a business stand point the company is offering us a great deal for $10 a month to get 30 enchanted keys and many other benefits if we log on daily. Even only logging in 8x a month you get your $10 worth in just enchanted keys.

Now if you were locked out for a month and could not access the game due to PWE/Cryptic than I see a perfectly and logical reason to complain about not getting your money's worth.
    ravenskya said:

Hopefully they read your post and do something to appease the players that feel that they are negatively impacted by the recent events. Though a company managing a global game across three platforms may have a delay if they will do something.

Personally I was not impacted and I play the game at various times. If I lost a key, which will happen to me over this weekend, I am not going to fuss about it or complain as I realize that I already have received more than my $10 worth of enchanted keys this month from my membership.

ravenskya said:

This is a poor argument. I don't feel like going in to great detail, but there are some logical missteps here. Your adjusted price for keys is meaningless. It doesn't matter how much VIP keys cost in relation to regular keys. What matters is what was promised to VIP users, and if it was delivered. Is that how you would run a business? "Well, we're giving them a good deal, so HAMSTER it!" I hope not.
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2016

ravenskya said:

ravenskya said:

This is a poor argument. I don't feel like going in to great detail, but there are some logical missteps here. Your adjusted price for keys is meaningless. It doesn't matter how much VIP keys cost in relation to regular keys. What matters is what was promised to VIP users, and if it was delivered. Is that how you would run a business? "Well, we're giving them a good deal, so HAMSTER it!" I hope not.
    This.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I agree with those who say that some sort of compensation is in order. The server is down AGAIN for me today. This is now the 3rd day this week alone of issues. Regardless of the amount, real money spent is real money.

Th

ravenskya said:

ravenskya said:

This.

If the game is down for you right now, it is not because of the game, it is because of the major DDoS attack happening on a major DNS server affecting most of the Eastern United States and any traffic going through its network. Basically, what you're saying is that because of criminal activity, we should be compensated.
  • Options

ravenskya said:

ravenskya said:

I'm with u man! Every word u say!
  • Options
    bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    OK so the issues today are due to criminal activities, what about the update issues?
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2016

If the game is down for you right now, it is not because of the game, it is because of the major DDoS attack happening on a major DNS server affecting most of the Eastern United States and any traffic going through its network. Basically, what you're saying is that because of criminal activity, we should be compensated.

Perhaps a DDOS is not Cryptic's fault. However,their broken patch caused a whole day's outage for a very large number of PS4 players on Tuesday, their "fix" caused PS4 players most of Wednesday, and the tons of new bugs added with Storm King IS their fault.

Regardless, my overarching point is not so much about the money as it is that they should WANT to compensate their player base, even minimally whether they are F2P or paid. Goodwill goes a long way.

So far, all players have seen from Cryptic is silence or pointing fingers at everybody but themselves, in every case.