test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special chest in the Shores of Tuern epic dungeon

dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
We my husband and i bought some keys in the Zen shop and did the epic dungeon The shores of Tuern , what a disappointment that was , the special chest gave the same as the ordinary chest like silver and draconic enchantment's , things you can get everywhere in game, and it has cost us a key.
I hope this will change.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear of your disappointment. That does suck. However, if you don't like the rewards in the chest, you may click cancel instead of taking the items from the chest. This will let you keep your key(s) for another run. All reward chests that take keys to open are like this.
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of your disappointment. That does suck. However, if you don't like the rewards in the chest, you may click cancel instead of taking the items from the chest. This will let you keep your key(s) for another run. All reward chests that take keys to open are like this.

Can they hold items worth running the skirmish to ?? lol
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can they hold items worth running the skirmish to ?? lol

If you think that draconic armor sets and boon books are worth it, then yes.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Text on Decline button should be changed to something more appropriate. And the game can't let you leave instance via teleport in standard way if you decline to take loot from opened chest. If you leave instance with quiting team, the game tells your dungeon mission is faiiled (it is not) but you need to re-team. It looks like a bug and brings doubts how legit it is to re-open chests with same key over and over. When M4 came out, these new keys for Skirmish/Dungeon chests were placed in same section with lockbox keys. It made me think for a moment that these chest keys work at same basis as lockbox keys.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dfnce wrote: »
    And the game can't let you leave instance via teleport in standard way if you decline to take loot from opened chest.

The portal works fine for me after declining the chest.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can leave SoT normally after declining the chest, but not ELoL
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    I can leave SoT normally after declining the chest, but not ELoL
    Please bug report that as that shouldn't happen. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's been happening to everyone all Mod long. Seeing as we have to request GM help to get out, I assumed they knew all about it.
    edited January 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    It's been happening to everyone all Mod long. Seeing as we have to request GM help to get out, I assumed they knew all about it.
    Game Masters are not Developers. It's best to /bug report bugs if you want to be sure it goes to the Developer and QA Teams properly. Game Masters often tell players to properly report bugs so they get filed properly for the Developers, instead of making GM Tickets on Bugs, or even when a player thinks something can be fixed by a GM, when it cannot, the GM will tell the player to file a bug report.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've never had issues with leaving eSoT after declining the chest, but it has been broken that way for eLoL for quite some time.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The other thing is that the automated GM "leave instance" is... automated. I'm sure humans don't even look at those.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lavlamplavlamp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    null
    So why is it changing?
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Hahahaha. Necro post, but what happened here is the perfect example of why many have stopped bug reporting. I'm not certain exactly when the bug first appeared in elol, but it could possibly have been since it (the dungeon) was first introduced, or in mod6, yet it wasn't fixed until mod10. That's not right.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    this seems something as divulging exploits
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

The other thing is that the automated GM "leave instance" is... automated. I'm sure humans don't even look at those.

I actually got a response from one of those once or twice. I think. Could have been a stuck/defeat me, but no matter, someone will read the GM help requests from time to time.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    And this is why people won't buy keys....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Its not an exploit, just a bug. But its OK because they aren't going to ban us for it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There comes a point in time where a thing is used for so long that it becomes the norm. This often applies in law relating to contracts and trademarks. That's because the courts recognise that when most people come to treat a thing as the expected norm, it should be regarded as such.

That's the issue Cryptic are facing here, so simply removing the ability without giving anything worthwhile (or at all) in return creates a serious problem with the player base who see the company as being vindictive and money grabbing.

This isn't just a PR problem, players will compare their earning potential (AD and gearing up) go into noticeable decline - this is on top of the reduction in earnings from most salvage. Is it a coincidence that Cryptic are removing players ability to earn AD at almost every opportunity? Many players do not think so.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox