test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item Level Survey

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a quick survey on what your Item Level is. For those with Alts, just use the one with the highest Item Level.
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Item Level Survey 173 votes

Under 2000
2% 5 votes
2001 to 2499
4% 7 votes
2500 to 3199
32% 57 votes
3200 and over
60% 104 votes

Comments

• livefast1#9341 livefast1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Only the grinders are left. New people quit soon as they discover the massive grindwall.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'd say add two or three more choices: 3200-3499, 3500-4000, 4000+
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    this poll doesn't represent the full community of the game since those leveling usually don't bother with checking the forum.
    Myself never used it before 2.7k
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    3.2k is a big milestone, but the frankly getting to 2.5k isn't really that hard. Not saying it's instant, but it's not an obscene grind. It's getting to 3k that gets hard, and is only harder at 3.5k and even harder at 4k. From there, though, it's really just minor (but very expensive) increments to full BiS.

I agree with @iandarksword - those additional options would have made for better quality data here.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    When I came back to the game 2 months ago I wanted to play 3 toons. Those quickly became 2 and now its only 1. I had to drop all efforts towards the rest and focus everything into one character and i got that one to 3600. Thats it. Now if I could unbind stuff from my other characters I could make at least 2 bis toons.. Alas
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I'd say add two or three more choices: 3200-3499, 3500-4000, 4000+

It could do with being broken up more lower down too. I've got 2 just squeaking over 2k and one just squeaking under 2.5k. imagine lots of people with lots of alts have some fair variance across the ranges.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Module 10b is almost entirely designed upon the assumption that characters have at least 2800 ilvl (and 28% Everfrost resistance). Anyone below that has little reason to participate. So that indicates what the developers consider a basic ilvl.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    two30 said:

Module 10b is almost entirely designed upon the assumption that characters have at least 2800 ilvl (and 28% Everfrost resistance). Anyone below that has little reason to participate. So that indicates what the developers consider a basic ilvl.

Module 10 was meant to be "hard" content, which had been asked for for several mods. I don't think Mod 10 could be considered the definition of "Basic" anymore than IWD or TOD were when they came out.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I've got a 4.1K TR and the only zone I feel in the slightest danger of dying in is still IWD. Mod 10 zone is only made hard by the iLevel required for FBI. There is no challenge in the general zone gameplay.
  • qioxqiox Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am the 1% too bad it's not the 1% talked about in Politics lately :smiley:

Just logged in a couple days ago for the 1st time since 2013. No idea where he stands for his level under the current itemization. Checked the AH and none of his gear was listed. Bought upgrades for under 1k a piece. That put him at 1.2k IL.

Should I just run whatever quests I can find to level up to 70 or is there some specific things I should make sure I don't miss on the way? Level 62 now.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    My next strongest character would also be in the 3.2k category, but I don't feel like spending $60 for coalescent wards.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I've got a CW at 3.5k and a GF and DC at 3.3k. Getting past that is almost entirely dependent on waiting for 50% sales so I can actually afford wards : \
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thuzkawthuzkaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    PS4 player here sorry I voted. I'm sitting at 3287 IL atm. Just need too many wards or I'd be higher.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Survey lacks options, also if you want to compare gear / invested AD, it's not the IL, it's the companions, bondings, mounts (insignia + power)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The poll is inspired by the question of how many players would be eligible to enter Fangbreaker, which is why it has no further options at the upper end. And non-ilvl power is irrelevant to entry requirements.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

The poll is inspired by the question of how many players would be eligible to enter Fangbreaker, which is why it has no further options at the upper end. And non-ilvl power is irrelevant to entry requirements.

Ahh, now it's more clear.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Silly poll, all it says is this is who reads and logs into forums.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    micky1p00 said:

Survey lacks options, also if you want to compare gear / invested AD, it's not the IL, it's the companions, bondings, mounts (insignia + power)

Aye, and just like in game it lacks options. Really wish other items were factored into IL. Boons, companion levels & gear, mount & insignias, etc...
    kvet said:

3.2k is a big milestone, but the frankly getting to 2.5k isn't really that hard. Not saying it's instant, but it's not an obscene grind.

You could list it as instant. I am a new player and it only took me 3 weeks to get to IL 2.5k with fairly constant play.

Module 10 was meant to be "hard" content, which had been asked for for several mods. I don't think Mod 10 could be considered the definition of "Basic" anymore than IWD or TOD were when they came out.

I don't think I would list mod 10 as even "hard" I think Icewind Dale is harder than the storm stuff, coming from a new player perspective. Maybe FBI is hard (I wouldn't know, I haven't hit that mile stone yet), but the rest of the content is a breeze. I am farther into mod 10 than I am Icewind, and was able to start it before I could go into icewind.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

That's what confuses me about mod 10/10.5. It looks like it's a gift to all the forum whiners that wanted harder content when it's pretty clear it's alienating the silent majority that has no use for that. Hope that mod 11/12 are more about content for the rest of the people playing the game.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

That's what confuses me about mod 10/10.5. It looks like it's a gift to all the forum whiners that wanted harder content when it's pretty clear it's alienating the silent majority that has no use for that. Hope that mod 11/12 are more about content for the rest of the people playing the game.
    People was asking for harder content to play and not harder content to grind.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

urabask said:

Amen to that.
    You want a fantasy game without a grind don't play an mmo.

IMO, what people are complaining about is the never ending grind to keep the new armor up. People don't want to be forced into a never ending hamster wheel. It's like never being able to relax.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There is a difference, grinding was acceptable , outside of rng for bracers up to mod 10.. what they did was layer a gate, on a grind, over a rng, then added grind on top of that.

It was the most comprehensive amount of layered busy work they have done, its just not enjoyable.

What we all asked for was a stupid effing dungeon to run for the 1.5 years of gaming , paying and increase we already did.

That is what we asked for, not this silly layered junk. I would and have always done reasonable grind, with little complaint about them, the last time I complained about grinding was ToD, when you had to wait around for dragons (waiting around in a game is poor design)

Also poll is a little flawed, but whatever. I have a few toons that "could" go into FBI, but after running it a few times, I simply gave up on the gating to get into it with more then the 1.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I have four toons that "could" go into FBI as well. I chose to do just the boons. I might even get all the boons on some toons in time for mod 10.5. Mod 10 story line and dailies are actually pretty good. I would say the best of all the mods. Too bad the mod was ruined by the worst grind in NWN history.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User

urabask said:

This exactly. I was (and still am) one of the people who prefer difficult content with high value rewards over easy content with low quality rewards. We didnt want FBI to be 2x harder and take 2x longer with the same quality rewards as CN. We wanted FBI to be 2x harder and 2x longer with 2x better rewards!!!

Not only have you created a dungeon that is more difficult and that takes longer to complete, you gave us a box within a box with a tiny chance to actually get a piece of gear we want.. and THEN once we got that piece we have to go farm zerg-mode content for days on end to restore it only to spend what precious time we have left getting a currency that temporarily empowers that armor we've already invested so much time into.

Writing it all down right now I despise myself for playing this game, for falling into this hamster wheel of nonsensical bull@#$%, beholden to a company that lies straight-faced to its customers.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Glad to hear about vivified armor. Without that I would have skipped the armor altogether. I'll never waste my time empowering it.

I have four toons that "could" go into FBI as well. I chose to do just the boons. I might even get all the boons on some toons in time for mod 10.5. Mod 10 story line and dailies are actually pretty good. I would say the best of all the mods. Too bad the mod was ruined by the worst grind in NWN history.

EXACLTY..

+1 to you dude!