What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161004a.0

Comments

• Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    GF can't reach any real DPS output with out Cs.Even then he needs special circumstances to shine and even then he will be second.
    At thesame time he cannot tank unless he has a second Gf or Prot Op in a party.So where is the problem?One toon specced for DPS and does DPS.
    DPS GFs cannot tank and do DPS at the same time.In real dungeons as FBI at least.in rest of the dungeons my 2,8k Il Tr Scoundrel can tank the content for god's sake...:)

All the videos running around and show a GF shine in DPS is when he is with parties with HAMSTER poor DPS players.

At the same time the GF nerf crusaders qq so hard that in FBI ,4,2k IL GFs struggle to tank it.
    Steel defense nerf was unnecessary.

At the same time i saw with my own eyes a 4,2k Prot OP casting 3 times in a row Divine protector.
    I swear.i was in elol with an alt of mine.And the prot OP only did it during boss rock phase.So there is a build around that does these,except they don;t want to publish it.Artificer's persuasion coupled with dragon artifacts would do the trick.
    Prot OPs are still broken yet none pinpoints to them.

Steel Defense after a daily giving 6 secs of immunity???Too much!!
    Binding Oath that can be case every 8 secs with a 6 secs duration?In justice tree?perfectly balanced!!!

Cws changing role from DPS to buffers just by switching rotation and features /gear.perfectly balanced!

But yeah these HAMSTER poor players will never pinpoint these issues .
    "a tank cannot dps".Ask Prot Ops if they can DPS and at the same time ,tank FBI with 40% Dr....they can, really balanced

----------------------------

The truth is simple:it is jealousy. :) They envy the Gf cause it is a class that demands skill ,awareness excellent hand eye coordination and gear,A LOT of it.

What other classes need?a forum guide.........
  • Options
    classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

"a tank cannot dps".Ask Prot Ops if they can DPS and at the same time ,tank FBI with 40% Dr....they can, really balanced

The truth is simple:it is jealousy. :) They envy the Gf cause it is a class that demands skill ,awareness excellent hand eye coordination and gear,A LOT of it.

Very true.
    I come at mod7 (or 6.. I dont give a HAMSTER :D ) end where they only fix this armpen bug, where small mob in dungeon 1 shot u. Only paladin at this time could tank it. Idk how it was b4, in old mods, but when I choiced my class, there was 2 tanks, I choiced Guardian Fighter (the name speaks for itself), cuz I thought, its something between Paladin and Great Weapon Fighter, fighter with shield.
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Sanctuary: This power now grants 80% damage resistance for those who have taken the Oath of Protection, increased from 60%.

What's the point of that? It's my understanding that damage resistance is capped at 80%. 60% is already more than enough to get over that cap.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

GF can't reach any real DPS output with out Cs.Even then he needs special circumstances to shine and even then he will be second.
    At thesame time he cannot tank unless he has a second Gf or Prot Op in a party.So where is the problem?One toon specced for DPS and does DPS.
    DPS GFs cannot tank and do DPS at the same time.In real dungeons as FBI at least.in rest of the dungeons my 2,8k Il Tr Scoundrel can tank the content for god's sake...:)

All the videos running around and show a GF shine in DPS is when he is with parties with HAMSTER poor DPS players.

At the same time the GF nerf crusaders qq so hard that in FBI ,4,2k IL GFs struggle to tank it.

At the same time i saw with my own eyes a 4,2k Prot OP casting 3 times in a row Divine protector.
    I swear.i was in elol with an alt of mine.And the prot OP only did it during boss rock phase.So there is a build around that does these,except they don;t want to publish it.Artificer's persuasion coupled with dragon artifacts would do the trick.

Binding Oath that can be case every 8 secs with a 6 secs duration?In justice tree?perfectly balanced!!!

Cws changing role from DPS to buffers just by switching rotation and features /gear.perfectly balanced!

Completely true. Good post.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

+1 up til the last point. I haven't played FBI on my GF yet but for 99.9% of content GF is just as skill-less as any other class. The way you talk about it everyone else is playing legos while GFs are playing CSGO or some such.

CW doesn't change from buffs to DPS unless you're MoF and even then they're 2nd tier DPS unless they're SS thaum. You're basically complaining about the same problem GF has; MoF CW can be DPS in parties with bad DPS like GF but actually geared DPS classes spec'd for DPS put it to shame.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    "Unresistable damage is no longer absorbed by Binding Oath. Instead, unresistable damage is reduced by 50% and applied immediately, instead of at the shield's expiration"

Could someone clarify that bit right there. Cause if this means what I think it may mean the OP wont even be a punching bag in pvp, just a bag with a big piercing whole in it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options

Totally false. If you want to play a DPS class, roll one. GF is supposed to be a tank. It CAN tank and do DPS. Go to youtube.

Post links or stuff it.

In most parties GF gets outDPS'd hard without CS.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Totally false. If you want to play a DPS class, roll one. GF is supposed to be a tank. It CAN tank and do DPS. Go to youtube.

Post links or stuff it.

Well thats how it should be. My 3.6 OP can be paingiver in epic ToS/LoL with a pug team of 2-2,5 IL thanks to his aoe but with a strong team Im either #4 or last. '

As you should know most damage related questions and concerns arise from PVP. And in PVP the recently adjusted GF can still dish out serious burst damage coupled with great single target cc at the cost of nothing because his mobility and tankiness are way up there.. While my OP for example, in PVP with equally geared people can only be the hard to kill guy. No burst, no great cc, actually no damage whatsoever.. Dont even get me started on the fact that paladins have to watch the enemy team every time before the match starts and remove Aura of Courage accordingly or die instantly thanks to double mark..

So devs.. you seem active here on this thread and by your own words you are looking at the paladin. Please fix the double mark bug and the sanctuary activation delay.
  • Options
    emilemo said:

urabask said:

Post links or stuff it.

Well thats how it should be. My 3.6 OP can be paingiver in epic ToS/LoL with a pug team of 2-2,5 IL thanks to his aoe but with a strong team Im either #4 or last. '

As you should know most damage related questions and concerns arise from PVP. And in PVP the recently adjusted GF can still dish out serious burst damage coupled with great single target cc at the cost of nothing because his mobility and tankiness are way up there.. While my OP for example, in PVP with equally geared people can only be the hard to kill guy. No burst, no great cc, actually no damage whatsoever.. Dont even get me started on the fact that paladins have to watch the enemy team every time before the match starts and remove Aura of Courage accordingly or die instantly thanks to double mark..

So devs.. you seem active here on this thread and by your own words you are looking at the paladin. Please fix the double mark bug and the sanctuary activation delay.
    That's the thing, nerf CS and GF is fine.

PvP concerns really shouldn't be addressed until they're willing to re-work PvP as a whole.

GF should be Controller and Tank. Remove Conqueror, change it to a control tree, lower weapon damage, and make it a balanced class.

And then what, everyone in PvP just sits around like this:

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

GF should be Controller and Tank. I would remove Conqueror, change it to a control tree, lower weapon damage, and make it a balanced class.

Your right GF's should always be tankier then GWF's and we should do more damage. Not sure what they were thinking with IV Conquer GF's with trample the fallen.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

My only point was that OP survivability is being nerfed and looked at to be nerfed more. Well, OP is balanced compared to GF. OP is getting to the point of uselessness.

OP can be DPS too ...

You just need an owlbear cub.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

My only point was that OP survivability is being nerfed and looked at to be nerfed more. Well, OP is balanced compared to GF. OP is getting to the point of uselessness.

OP can be DPS too ...

You just need an owlbear cub.
    Well not really, like I said if I try to dps on my 3.6 high crit, high power OP I can dps even with a strong team. I may even lead the chart up to a boss because of strong aoe. OP if you ask me is fine in PVE, remains to be seen how the BO nerf will perform in pvp. And maybe in FBI since I guess the Everfrost is strong there
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

terramak said:

• This power's damage component now affects a maximum of 5 targets (reduced from infinite).
    • This power's taunt effect now properly applies, and affects a maximum of 10 targets within a 30 foot radius of the Paladin. This taunt effect lasts for the duration of the shield.
    What hamster came up with this one? You taunt 10 npcs but have to pray you actually absorb the damage from the 2 big ones that actually matter on a chance of 2 out 10? For Pete's sake. What's the point of taunting mobs you won't even absorb? Keep it simple and set both values to 10 please.
    You misunderstand, the number of targets from whom you absorb damage has not been adjusted. The number damaged by the detonation effect at the end of the power has been capped at the standard AoE cap of 5. Binding Oath will still work defensively on any number of targets.

The taunt effect was simply broken and taunted 0 nearby targets. The maximum of 10 matches most other AoE taunts. The number of taunted targets is higher than the damage AoE cap of 5 targets in order to make this power a more effective AoE taunt.

As a heads up, we are still considering additional paladin adjustments and improvements. The overall goal of these changes is to reduce the number of situations where paladin can effectively become invincible while increasing their overall survivability and effectiveness in other areas. Please continue to provide feedback for paladin changes, and I'll be sure to respond to the patch notes when we believe we have finalized the upcoming changes.

If I read the bold part right you want to take us OPs out of the narrow Binding oath path and give us more flexibility.. maybe even more dps or control or ability to buff? Way to Mr @asterdahl

Here are my requests:

1) remove the Sanctuary activation delay - If Im hit by a big red cc aoe I want it to be because I missed the time to click not because I clicked but the power activated 0.5 seconds later

2) fix the double mark instant kill. This is for PVP and self explanatory.

As you can see these are just bug fixing requests. As far as buffs go I'm ready to rely on the creativity of the dev team.
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    im enjoying this seesaw that gfs and ops are going through over who will end up as the worse tank. just when I dusted off my op, you guys saved my ad. thank you devs.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @asterdahl

I have hundreds of hours in my OP, god rest his nerfed soul. Here's some real-world feedback:

- Binding oath should not provide invincibility (fixed?)
    - If Binding Oath AoE is capped at 5 targets, please increase the maximum amount of damage dealt, and have this damage dealt behave similarly to GF's Guarded Assault, where a % of damage received is directed back at the attacker. You could even make it unique by additionally allowing the detonation to be a % of aggregate damage taken.
    - Divine Protector should NOT provide invincibility. (There should be no invincibility mechanic in Neverwinter.) This daily should provide DR to teammates (and not the Paladin) equivalent to Knight's Valor and should have its duration increased accordingly. This way, Protection Paladins can effectively play a tank role once again.

- Oath of Devotion heals are way, way, way too overpowered for the current content. Bond of Virtue + Vow of Emnity make the act of healing quite trivial, even at the lowest item levels. The millisecond a teammate is damaged, they are returned to instant health.
    - Devotion Paladins are pigeon holed into a healer-only role. If this is the case, the buffs provided by this spec should be increased commensurately.

Finally, healers are rarely needed past a certain point in PvE content. Its a shame. Instead of creating content with irresistable damage (everfrost), consider:
    - You can only life steal once per second.
    - Healing provided by life steal is equivalent to the damage dealt * life steal severity, OR 15% of your max HP, whichever is LESS.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

terramak said:

• This power's damage component now affects a maximum of 5 targets (reduced from infinite).
    • This power's taunt effect now properly applies, and affects a maximum of 10 targets within a 30 foot radius of the Paladin. This taunt effect lasts for the duration of the shield.
    What hamster came up with this one? You taunt 10 npcs but have to pray you actually absorb the damage from the 2 big ones that actually matter on a chance of 2 out 10? For Pete's sake. What's the point of taunting mobs you won't even absorb? Keep it simple and set both values to 10 please.
    You misunderstand, the number of targets from whom you absorb damage has not been adjusted. The number damaged by the detonation effect at the end of the power has been capped at the standard AoE cap of 5. Binding Oath will still work defensively on any number of targets.

The taunt effect was simply broken and taunted 0 nearby targets. The maximum of 10 matches most other AoE taunts. The number of taunted targets is higher than the damage AoE cap of 5 targets in order to make this power a more effective AoE taunt.

As a heads up, we are still considering additional paladin adjustments and improvements. The overall goal of these changes is to reduce the number of situations where paladin can effectively become invincible while increasing their overall survivability and effectiveness in other areas. Please continue to provide feedback for paladin changes, and I'll be sure to respond to the patch notes when we believe we have finalized the upcoming changes.

How bout you guys fix sanctuary before you add more to it? You could make it 10000% DR and we'd still hate it. 1. It has delayed activation and bugged activation where it doesn't actually activate, and 2. It doesn't block AP drain and a few specific dragon abilities that involve circles on ground seen during the red dragon fight in Strongholds, and Lostmauth. Till you fix this, you are just blind to the reality of the mechanics issues.
  • Options
    dll32exedll32exe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User

+1 \o/

GF should be Controller and Tank. I would remove Conqueror, change it to a control tree, lower weapon damage, and make it a balanced class.

Totaly disagree, everyone in this game can and if they want should be dps. Can have fun with their favor class how they wanna.

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

+1000 finally someone who gets it
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    So nice patch notes and um... nice feedback?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@asterdahl

I have hundreds of hours in my OP, god rest his nerfed soul. Here's some real-world feedback:

- Binding oath should not provide invincibility (fixed?)

- If Binding Oath AoE is capped at 5 targets, please increase the maximum amount of damage dealt, and have this damage dealt behave similarly to GF's Guarded Assault, where a % of damage received is directed back at the attacker. You could even make it unique by additionally allowing the detonation to be a % of aggregate damage taken.

- Divine Protector should NOT provide invincibility. (There should be no invincibility mechanic in Neverwinter.) This daily should provide DR to teammates (and not the Paladin) equivalent to Knight's Valor and should have its duration increased accordingly. This way, Protection Paladins can effectively play a tank role once again.

- Oath of Devotion heals are way, way, way too overpowered for the current content. Bond of Virtue + Vow of Emnity make the act of healing quite trivial, even at the lowest item levels. The millisecond a teammate is damaged, they are returned to instant health.

- Devotion Paladins are pigeon holed into a healer-only role. If this is the case, the buffs provided by this spec should be increased commensurately.

Finally, healers are rarely needed past a certain point in PvE content. Its a shame. Instead of creating content with irresistable damage (everfrost), consider:

- You can only life steal once per second.

- Healing provided by life steal is equivalent to the damage dealt * life steal severity, OR 15% of your max HP, whichever is LESS.

Woah man, you start big with claims of "real-world Paladin feedback" and then state some bs like KV not giving DR to GFs? And you are not even mentioning the age old Sanctuary bug or any other actual Paladin gripe... Here's a something to ponder - healadins cant hold a candle to a DC who provides much more than heals so where do they fit?

Whats this? You even play this class? Or perhaps you're one of those who cant kill OPs in PVP? This is why Cryptic will never take stuff written here seriously. The so called feedback is tainted with personal grudges against a class or mechanic.

PS: Tanks and healers are quite needed.

PS2: dont use bugs as arguments
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Out of personal experience I can add a couple things to this whole discussion/feedback(based on PVE). Last week, I have seen a GF do a 54m hit on the 2nd boss of FBI, we actually killed it and got stuck on the ice, since the dragon turtle doesnt go away anymore, but he's not there either. We had to jump off, get ourselfs killed and redo the fight.

This clearly means, nothing. Most GF's I've seen dont do that much dmg in the whole dungeon.

Someone stated that the OP's are becoming useless and the GF can fill all roles at once; so if I may, my OP is doing quite well in dps, tanking, healing and buffing all at the same time. In weak groups I'm on the top off everything. I've seen my aura of courage add 30% total dmg output in certain groups. In good groups my power is between 100k - 200k and with the 25% power sharing that is between 25k - 50k power. On bosses I can use bane (depending on the other dmg dealers in my group) which adds even more debuff on the target.
    Tanking wise I'm at the max DR%, its easy for a pally and I never use sanctuary to protect myself from dmg, only from CC. The change to the DR% means nothing to me. Also, I can use Divine Protector on average once every 8 seconds. If done right, the first 18 seconds of every encounter my allies should be able to stay alive.
    Healadins still outheal me tho; Q_Q

The change to BO, so that it can be pierced, will hurt, which is probably the whole point.

This clearly means, nothing. Most OP's I've seen dont do that well.

Just saying, there's always a way and characters are different. In MY opinion, OP's are still OP, or maybe just mine is.
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Is Pally still supposed to be a tank, right? Asking just for sure. And it would be nice lower bubble casting time little bit. If bubble is ment to be an emergency power, so let it work that way.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    @emilemo I think you misinterpreted what I wrote. Let me clarify:

- Divine Protector should not make anyone invincible.
    - Divine Protector should provide +DR% to teammates, not including the host Paladin.
    - My post history here addresses the Sanctuary bug, especially in PvP with stamina drains.
    - I did not say tanks are not needed. I said healers are not needed (primarily endgame). Using a Devo Paladin to bug FBI boss does not count as needing a true healer.
    - What bugs as an argument did I state?
  • Options
    tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@emilemo I think you misinterpreted what I wrote. Let me clarify:

- Divine Protector should not make anyone invincible.

- Divine Protector should provide +DR% to teammates, not including the host Paladin.

- My post history here addresses the Sanctuary bug, especially in PvP with stamina drains.

- I did not say tanks are not needed. I said healers are not needed (primarily endgame). Using a Devo Paladin to bug FBI boss does not count as needing a true healer.

- What bugs as an argument did I state?

So a power that increases allies DR...
    Isnt there a daily that does the same thing? Oh yeah, its called Shield of Faith!!!
    And what do you know, its an OP Daily.

Sarcasm aside, rather than change DP into a second version of SoF, how about they improve SoF and leave Divine Protector alone? DP is relatively balanced in its current state, so no need to touch it. Sanctuary bug should be fixed cause its very annoying. They should also look into the other pally powers as well, but I dont think they plan on doing OP class change.
  • Options
    Invincibility trivializes content.

Clearly something would have to be done with Protection SoF daily if DP were to behave similarly to KV. Plus, if I remember correctly without looking it up, the +DR% from SoF was recently toned down, meaning its not on par with KV.

If the devs are still bent on DP being an "oh no" button, then perhaps they can consider DP providing a respectable shield, similar to holy barrier/Swift Golden Lion combat power. (The shield benefit decreases with damage taken and/or elapsed time.)

I would like to see content that requires synchronized teamwork and communication from ALL party members to succeed.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I know well enough the dev process in Cryptic.

Step 1: Introduce something broken
    Step 2: Let people run wild with it for a good bit
    Step 3: State that you're going to balance things out
    Step 4: Introduce a new thing costing money that would bring people back to previous broken levels of power
    Step 5: Repeat from #1

This has been their MO for a long time now. But lately they are dropping the ball big time. Are they incompetent or do they simply dont want to truly fix things? Doesn't matter, result is the same. Class balance was never on the table. Sure, with high item level any class can perform well but high item level equals millions of AD/hundreds of dollars. And that's their only aim here.. I do have hope for some upcoming mmorpgs but till then I'll try to have fun here. Try being key in the whole thing. While here I will continue to call bs on the obvious HAMSTER they are releasing and so far these latest/new changes to some classes and the new mod look and smell like BS!
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    And BTW, what is this for? Sanctuary: This power now grants 80% damage resistance for those who have taken the Oath of Protection, increased from 60%. Or is Santuary another layer of DR?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
This discussion has been closed.