test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Sea of Moving Ice Rewards!

24

Comments

  • abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Help want to know why paladin shield only has 3 stats on new set??Twisted has 4 stats hope this is just an overlook would be huge nerf to class also gf shield has 4 stats please fix before this goes live ..thanks in advance
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    The set bonus on the weapons is going to be hard to control in intense fights. Please consider changing it based on remaining hps.

    >50% hp=offensive bonus
    <50% hp=defensive bonus

    put the healing/run speed on 30 second cooldowns.

    This would be alot easier to manage and both defensive and offensive characters would benefit
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    abbotred said:

    Help want to know why paladin shield only has 3 stats on new set??Twisted has 4 stats hope this is just an overlook would be huge nerf to class also gf shield has 4 stats please fix before this goes live ..thanks in advance

    Paladin Sheild will get fixed dw

    and look at what me and @kacezet said about the GF shields lol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    simple soloution to the set bonus would be to put a 'switch' into it so you can choose to have the defense or power buff kind of like the weapon artifact powers/ bonus stats where you would have to pay 5000 diamonds to change it
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

    simple soloution to the set bonus would be to put a 'switch' into it so you can choose to have the defense or power buff kind of like the weapon artifact powers/ bonus stats where you would have to pay 5000 diamonds to change it

    Id take the damage increase every day! =D
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    anyone able to post the new Valhalla set ?

    thanks
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

    simple soloution to the set bonus would be to put a 'switch' into it so you can choose to have the defense or power buff kind of like the weapon artifact powers/ bonus stats where you would have to pay 5000 diamonds to change it

    Id take the damage increase every day! =D
    i would probably take the other instead
  • frodnikkfrodnikk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    whats the vivified new armor, maybe a permanent armor with no voninblood sustain ?
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    frodnikk said:

    whats the vivified new armor, maybe a permanent armor with no voninblood sustain ?

    I don't think so. It appears it only increases the attainable iLevel to 160 but you still need to repeatedly empower it with VB to get to that level. Maybe @panderus could clarify the situation. It would be really nice if it did remove the need for constantly topping up the VB/empowerment level but somehow I don't see that happening :(

  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    What I'd love to see as a possible campaign reward is an utility enchantment that would give us Ostorian Relics after killing an enemy (like Dragon Hoard but with relics instead of RP). Something like this would help a lot with maintaining Relic/Frostborn gear.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2016

    kacezet said:

    What I'd love to see as a possible campaign reward is an utility enchantment that would give us Ostorian Relics after killing an enemy (like Dragon Hoard but with relics instead of RP). Something like this would help a lot with maintaining Relic/Frostborn gear.

    I totally agree! Such a utility enchant would put together playing the new content and farming blood. Currently it feels more like: I play 3 hours the game and need to take a 1 hour break for farming blood for my T3 empowerment.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    qexotic said:

    frodnikk said:

    whats the vivified new armor, maybe a permanent armor with no voninblood sustain ?

    I don't think so. It appears it only increases the attainable iLevel to 160 but you still need to repeatedly empower it with VB to get to that level. Maybe @panderus could clarify the situation. It would be really nice if it did remove the need for constantly topping up the VB/empowerment level but somehow I don't see that happening :(

    Here's the excerpt from the preview patch notes, I've bolded the relevant line.
    terramak said:


    In addition, adventurers in possession of relic armor may now see the armor restored to its full glory. Completely restored relic armor, or "vivified" relic armor, will increase by 10 item levels at each empowerment rank.

    • The first time Svardborg (Master) is cleared in a week you will receive an Ostorian Tale Carving.
    • Ostorian Tale Carvings may be exchanged for testimonies at the newly arrived Historian in Bryn Shander.
    • With the proper testimony in hand, selecting "restore" in the context menu on a piece of relic armor will allow that piece to be converted into "vivified relic armor."
    • All transmutes, dyes, enchants, and armor kits on the original relic armor piece will persist during the upgrade process.
    • The item level will increase by 10 at every empowerment rank. Fully empowered "vivified relic armor" is item level 160 while standard relic armor is item level 150 when fully empowered.
    Each empowerment rank is 5 item levels as with the current relic armor. What this means is that uncharged, vivified armor is item level 150, the current maximum item level for standard relic armor. Assault on Svardborg (Master) will be difficult content to clear, but if you can the upgrade process is much more straightforward than restoring the original piece.


  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

    qexotic said:

    frodnikk said:

    whats the vivified new armor, maybe a permanent armor with no voninblood sustain ?

    I don't think so. It appears it only increases the attainable iLevel to 160 but you still need to repeatedly empower it with VB to get to that level. Maybe @panderus could clarify the situation. It would be really nice if it did remove the need for constantly topping up the VB/empowerment level but somehow I don't see that happening :(

    Here's the excerpt from the preview patch notes, I've bolded the relevant line.
    terramak said:


    In addition, adventurers in possession of relic armor may now see the armor restored to its full glory. Completely restored relic armor, or "vivified" relic armor, will increase by 10 item levels at each empowerment rank.

    • The first time Svardborg (Master) is cleared in a week you will receive an Ostorian Tale Carving.
    • Ostorian Tale Carvings may be exchanged for testimonies at the newly arrived Historian in Bryn Shander.
    • With the proper testimony in hand, selecting "restore" in the context menu on a piece of relic armor will allow that piece to be converted into "vivified relic armor."
    • All transmutes, dyes, enchants, and armor kits on the original relic armor piece will persist during the upgrade process.
    • The item level will increase by 10 at every empowerment rank. Fully empowered "vivified relic armor" is item level 160 while standard relic armor is item level 150 when fully empowered.
    Each empowerment rank is 5 item levels as with the current relic armor. What this means is that uncharged, vivified armor is item level 150, the current maximum item level for standard relic armor. Assault on Svardborg (Master) will be difficult content to clear, but if you can the upgrade process is much more straightforward than restoring the original piece.


    So 'vivified relic armor' is different/already wearable vs the current relic armor that you have to restore? I am trying to understand what you're saying.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

    Some of my best friends are Imaginary.


  • srathkeysrathkey Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    New Artifact Weapons
    • Is there a way we could get a package in the store with some of the new reagents to upgrade the weapons? Unless they are available somewhere else and I am simply missing them...
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    asterdahl said:

    qexotic said:

    frodnikk said:

    whats the vivified new armor, maybe a permanent armor with no voninblood sustain ?

    I don't think so. It appears it only increases the attainable iLevel to 160 but you still need to repeatedly empower it with VB to get to that level. Maybe @panderus could clarify the situation. It would be really nice if it did remove the need for constantly topping up the VB/empowerment level but somehow I don't see that happening :(

    Here's the excerpt from the preview patch notes, I've bolded the relevant line.
    terramak said:


    In addition, adventurers in possession of relic armor may now see the armor restored to its full glory. Completely restored relic armor, or "vivified" relic armor, will increase by 10 item levels at each empowerment rank.

    • The first time Svardborg (Master) is cleared in a week you will receive an Ostorian Tale Carving.
    • Ostorian Tale Carvings may be exchanged for testimonies at the newly arrived Historian in Bryn Shander.
    • With the proper testimony in hand, selecting "restore" in the context menu on a piece of relic armor will allow that piece to be converted into "vivified relic armor."
    • All transmutes, dyes, enchants, and armor kits on the original relic armor piece will persist during the upgrade process.
    • The item level will increase by 10 at every empowerment rank. Fully empowered "vivified relic armor" is item level 160 while standard relic armor is item level 150 when fully empowered.
    Each empowerment rank is 5 item levels as with the current relic armor. What this means is that uncharged, vivified armor is item level 150, the current maximum item level for standard relic armor. Assault on Svardborg (Master) will be difficult content to clear, but if you can the upgrade process is much more straightforward than restoring the original piece.


    Which confirms what I said. You will still have to keep feeding VB to the new vivified armour as it will decay back down towards it's base levels again if you don't. In short, vivifying relic armour in no way reduces the grind necessary to maintain it it just means you can achieve higher stats by doing so. So once again, the new armour will only be worn for the times when it is specifically useful so that you don't have to keep farming VB to keep it empowered. All the existing content can be completed without it, so you will just need several inventory slots in hand to store it until it is needed for the new Trial. Is my summation correct @asterdahl ?

  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    So the new Vivified armor is just another name for tier 4 in the empowerment train? t1-140, t2-145, t3-150 and t4(vivified)-160? Is that the basics of it?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    No the the vivified starts at 150 and then goes to 160 in increments of 5. So tier 1 of vivified is equal to tier 3 of runic.
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    niadan said:

    No the the vivified starts at 150 and then goes to 160 in increments of 5. So tier 1 of vivified is equal to tier 3 of runic.

    Oh I see, thanks for clarifying it.

  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    What he quoted said the new stuff goes up by 10 each empowerment rank but then he said it only goes up 5 per rank... Seems to be contradicting what he quoted.

    I read it as it starts at 140 and goes up by 10 each rank to 160 but he says it starts at 150. That would mean 170 when ranked wouldn't it? If the quote was accurate and not his description.

    Basically, I'm more confused now lol
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    10 more than each rank of relic. 150 max relic is equal to lowest tier of the new "v" gear. The new gear than ranks up to 160, 5 IL ranks at a time.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Ok I can see how that can fit with what he quoted too. Why can't they just say normal goes 140-145-150, and vivified goes 150-155-160 instead of the confusing mess that was in his quote?

    Instead they say it goes up 10 levels per rank up to 160, which would be 140-150-160...

    Personally I still feel it's going start at 140, but I hope you're right :)
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

    Ok I can see how that can fit with what he quoted too. Why can't they just say normal goes 140-145-150, and vivified goes 150-155-160 instead of the confusing mess that was in his quote?

    Oops you're totally right, I'm not sure why the patch note is incorrect, but I'll make sure Terramak has the correct info. Apologies for any confusion that caused. What I actually stated in the body of my post is correct. Vivified relic armor starts at 150, increments by 5 every rank to a total of 160 when fully charged.

    While upgrading your equipment does not remove the empowerment mechanic, it does make the armor's base strength equal to that of the fully empowered armor. So if you have no intention of empowering the armor, vivified relic equipment on empty will still be stronger than masterwork or dragonflight.

  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    edit: I posted feedback on boons, but have since moved the feedback to the general "Sea of Moving Ice" feedback thread. Moderators, feel free to delete this.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I posted feedback on the feedback...it was useless "idle <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bantor"....Moderators feel free to delete this as well.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Keep the transmutes coming :)

    text
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @asterdahl

    Looks good! I like what I am seeing. But have you guys ever thought about putting old mod 5 armor such as draconic templar, t2 sets and old profound pvp armor (purely as transmute items) in as rewards for things? Or even selling each set for like 1,000 zen or something? I guarantee you would sell a ton of sets!
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

    @asterdahl

    Looks good! I like what I am seeing. But have you guys ever thought about putting old mod 5 armor such as draconic templar, t2 sets and old profound pvp armor (purely as transmute items) in as rewards for things? Or even selling each set for like 1,000 zen or something? I guarantee you would sell a ton of sets!

    Considering how many times we've made threads about it they would be idiots if they havent thought about it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    emilemo said:


    Considering how many times we've made threads about it they would be idiots if they havent thought about it

    @emilemo

    Just hammering it home! Sometimes you have to ask or remind people a few times until they take it serious. If they never put them back in as transmute items at least I can say I tried!
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Feedback: Vivified
    I like the new Vivified approach. It gives players new BIS armor sets without the need to keep items empowered. And then you can decide to get even more powerful by grinding.

    Sadly this doesn't solve the Voninblod riddle for me. I will probably get Vivified, still not empower the pieces and roll with item level 150.
    ​​
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    So even though it sounds pretty hard to get the vivified it sounds a helluva lot easier than Masterwork. This effectively kills that profession path, so now I don't have to start that grind.

    Thanks for the clarification @asterdahl !
Sign In or Register to comment.